• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

Would the fact that my PS3 is less than a year old make a difference. Maybe I just got lucky with PS3 speeds since I know a lot of people who complain over theirs.

I'd take the slower Vita speeds if it means I have faster PS3 speeds that average. It's much easier to download and transfer games via the PS3 since it's faster, appears to have a better install success rate. But more importantly I can download while playing.

Both Uncharted and Gravity Rush disable my WiFi :(

It's a combination of ISP, router settings, file system, server load, and local network congestion issues. Any one of these can affect a setup.

spannicus

Send them some snail mail, lol:

10075 Barnes Canyon Rd
San Diego
CA 92121

Bravery_c_55966.jpg

?

Oh man....

He shopped it so it has a Vita box.

Ah. Couldn't tell at the 60 x 47 resolution.

LMAO

I can understand why they did it. But most of my playing is done at home, so battery life isn't an issue. They could give us the option to choose

Definitely. Awesome game and one of the very best on PSP. It has this charm that few games have.

Will warn you in that it's very easy to miss things in the game. Also how patient are you? It's only the first in a trilogy, and the next two games are no where near being localised

I am pretty patient, but it would be a huge bummer if the rest of the trilogy never makes it out here. I am going to sell my PSP 3000 now that i have a Vita. What system are the being made for?

Thoughts on re-buying PSP titles digitally to play on Vita?

Does the better screen and controls make a significant difference?

I don't make enough time to play, but I've re-bought a few of my UMDs(P3P and Dissidia 012 come to mind) to play on my Vita. Haven't tried out P3P yet(lol), but Dissidia is a blast on this thing and looks pretty good.

patsu

Depends on the game I guess. Was Corpse Party a PSP or PS1 game ? The graphics is low res and uses the dpad (I can't seem to remap it to use the sticks). The game itself is interesting though, so I'm happy overall.

OTOH, P3P and VC2 look and play very well on a Vita. Love both of 'em.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Vitacat said:
Yes.
You also get faster load times and framerate improvements in games where framerate wasn't stable originally.
And in some cases, games are completely changed in how they play due to new controls (eg. Katamari PSP on Vita gets REAL Katamari controls - making it a better game then Vita's version IMO).

Yes.
You also get faster load times and framerate improvements in games where framerate wasn't stable originally.
And in some cases, games are completely changed in how they play due to new controls (eg. Katamari PSP on Vita gets REAL Katamari controls - making it a better game then Vita's version IMO).

I'd agree. I've been screwing around with MH:FU and I can't imagine how people played this without a second stick... the only thing the second stick doesn't work well with is the aiming for the bow; you totally need to use the d-pad for that since you have to hold R and triangle.

Derrick01

Banned
yup, I'm replaying Jeanne'D Arc myself

I have to make a note to myself to buy that when I get a vita. I had it years ago on psp and it was really good, though I seem to remember it kind of falling apart in the end. But anyway it sucks that it's still so pricey on PSN.

darkwing

PSP games seem to run efficiently on Vita too. I can play long hours without recharging.

yup, I haven't really timed it but I think it's more than 5 hours?

You should try out Gungnir if you liked Jeanne'D Arc

oh I have to check that one

I have to make a note to myself to buy that when I get a vita. I had it years ago on psp and it was really good, though I seem to remember it kind of falling apart in the end. But anyway it sucks that it's still so pricey on PSN.

My favorite PSP game <3.

yup, the cutscenes look better here, must be dat OLED :D

patsu

yup, I haven't really timed it but I think it's more than 5 hours?

I didn't measure. Was surprised the battery stayed high for an unusually long time. This was before I got my Nyko Power Grip obviously.

I think the other nice thing about getting PSP games for Vita is they are a known factor. I can pop in and ask GAF about any PSP games. They can give a pretty balanced view because people have already played them. Works out really well for me.

Vitacat

OK, just got Velocity for my PSP (my Vita is still being shipped). WOW. Where has this game been all my life? Love it so much. Play mechanics are excellent, and the retro presentation is sweet.

This will be brilliant on the Vita. Can't wait. My Vita may not come till Monday though. :-/

darkwing

OK, just got Velocity for my PSP (my Vita is still being shipped). WOW. Where has this game been all my life? Love it so much. Play mechanics are excellent, and the retro presentation is sweet.

This will be brilliant on the Vita. Can't wait. My Vita may not come till Monday though. :-/

wow where is your Vita??

I just now gave up hope and realized that the chances of getting the upcoming One Piece Romance Dawn(PSP RPG) is basically 0%. ):

i just want one piece guys

ZXJRi.gif

just uh... get it *wink *wink

Side note. What do you think is better? Getting a reburb'd PSP Go, or from a dude off Craigslist if it saves me $10?

patsu

Many people have the Nyko Power Grip? Would yousay it's worth it?

I don't know about many, but I like mine. The biggest turn-off is its heft. It's like carrying a weapon. Other than that, the thing works as advertised. Main benefits are the comfortable grip, followed by the battery life.

Shahed

I don't know about many, but I like mine. The biggest turn-off is its heft. It's like carrying a weapon. Other than that, the thing works as advertised. Main benefits are the comfortable grip, followed by the battery life.

I'm not sure if I should get it or not. I mean I only got my Vita today so it's not as if I've really gotten used to it. It'll take a while to decide if I'm happy with the comfort/battery life

patsu

I'm not sure if I should get it or not. I mean I only got my Vita today so it's not as if I've really gotten used to it. It'll take a while to decide if I'm happy with the comfort/battery life

Yap ! Take your time. It's most useful if you play your Vita in bed coz you'll be holding it in weird angle.

just uh... get it *wink *wink

Side note. What do you think is better? Getting a reburb'd PSP Go, or from a dude off Craigslist if it saves me $10?
i might import it you are right

I think that really depends on the shape of the systems. Saving money would be nice, but what kind of shape is the Craigslist one in?

Am I missing something or the Vita downloads from the Store are really slow?

Heh, last page people were saying how they're a bit faster than PS3. Do you have a PS3 to compare to?

brentech

After beating MGS2 I decided to skip MGS3 for a little bit and move to U:GA and Unit 13.....both look great and play great on this thing. I just get more and more happy about this device with every game I play. I wish those that scoff at it's meek sales at least give it a try some time. It's such an amazing portable.

Have had it since early June now and it's played every single day (well, other than the day I had surgery on my ankle -- exceptions need be made).

I think that really depends on the shape of the systems. Saving money would be nice, but what kind of shape is the Craigslist one in?

I really, really have no idea at this point. I'm guessing just about and 2nd hand system I get will have some blemish on it. I sort of fixate on deep scratches so I'm hoping to stay away from anything like that.

The dude is supposed to send me pictures today. Oddly, I would prefer a white one after my black vita. Too many finger prints

Reckoner

Heh, last page people were saying how they're a bit faster than PS3. Do you have a PS3 to compare to?

My PS3 seems a lot faster. I'm downloading Sound Shapes from the Vita and it is taking too long.

patsu

Am I missing something or the Vita downloads from the Store are really slow?

What are you trying to download ?

EDIT: Oh Sound Shapes. Is something else consuming your bandwidth right now, or slowing your WiFi ? (Do a connection test on the Vita).

I can't really compare as my HDD was giving me a ton of problems before I had to quick format it.

Since then, I haven't downloaded anything on my Vita to really compare. I'd say they are similar if I'd have guess

FRUSTRATION:

UPS just came. Got my 4 Vita games, 16GB memory card, screen protector.

Did NOT get my Vita.

I had similar with my 3DS :D Such a disappointment when you realise they've shipped separate! Enjoy spending the rest of the day wondering if another carrier has it and its coming later ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom