• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
From Best Buy's Vita bundle listing:

7845858166_6ca5262faf_z.jpg

Oh man. My console friends are going to be so jealous of my tactical canoe stealth action.

patsu

It allows you to stream video from your desktop to your Vita, using your Vita as a controller.

Perhaps it's more accurate to say it allows Vita to be a Remote Desktop client for a PC. Besides playing video from your PC, it can also interact with other PC apps ?

Oh man. My console friends are going to be so jealous of my tactical canoe stealth action.

lol. I can't stop thinking how awesome a canoe will do to a football game.

LuchaShaq

Banned
You should ignore him- he's a single issue whiner.

Downloadable prices being a joke compared to retail.

Memory card prices being disgusting.

Ergonomics of the system without a case/handles.

Those three things are one issue?

I'm pretty happy with my purchase /shrug.

Takao

Banned
Whynot? I doubt a few retail versus used sales are going to make Sony reopen Liverpool studio. If someone was inclined to save a few bucks, they could -- if I didn't have Amazon Prime and didn't already own the game, I'd probably buy there, especially if I had GF bucks or whatever to knock the price down even further.

I can understand substantial savings, but $2 isn't much, lol.

fernoca

Do you want vita to stay alive so you can have nice new games for it? Buying only used games won't help that to happen.

Not to mention that it doesn't make sense.
"Unless Sony adjusts prices for digital games, I'll buy $20-retail games for $18-used...that'll show them!".

If it was a $10-$20 difference, maybe.

:p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
hmm in Gravity Daze, the gravity slide thingy where you touch both sides of the screen to slide, it seems my tilt sensitivity is too low, I have to literally tilt the Vita 90 degrees sideways for Kat to slide to left for example, is this by design? aiming for a gravity kick seems to be more sensitive

It's not so much a TILT control, as it is a "Turn the Vita like a steering wheel" control. The game itself doesn't make this too clear. But if you do it that way, it should work much better.

Taking 1 finger off the screen basically works like a brake / deceleration, so if you want control, it's best to take a finger off.

Was I the only person who found the sound recorder app in Welcome Park completely hilarious? I boot it up from time to time just for a good laugh, making fart noises and stuff. It eventually becomes a symphony of farts, burps, screams, growls and so on.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Was I the only person who found the sound recorder app in Welcome Park completely hilarious? I boot it up from time to time just for a good laugh, making fart noises and stuff. It eventually becomes a symphony of farts, burps, screams, growls and so on.
Haha, farts.

Edit: Well, this is a weird way to start a page.

Skyzard

Banned
OnlyEven more so because of your tag :p Think you saved it though.

Also just to be clear, can you mix recordings are you just going nuts on that single take, Schobeleth?

It's not so much a TILT control, as it is a "Turn the Vita like a steering wheel" control. The game itself doesn't make this too clear. But if you do it that way, it should work much better.

Taking 1 finger off the screen basically works like a brake / deceleration, so if you want control, it's best to take a finger off.

Thanks for for the steering wheel advice for the gravity rush sliding as well, will remember that as I still put off most of those challenges.

demigod

Never realized how shitty the Vita speakers are until I put headphones on. Anyone ever have any problems with Apple's headphones? The ones that come with the Iphone 4/4s. My headphones aren't loud unless I click the mic button.

Massa

Never realized how shitty the Vita speakers are until I put headphones on. Anyone ever have any problems with Apple's headphones? The ones that come with the Iphone 4/4s. My headphones aren't loud unless I click the mic button.

I actually have the same problem with the Sony headphones from my phone.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
are there any bundles out or on the horizon? itching to get a vita. worried about trusting craigslist to get a cheap bundle. think i should wait for Black Friday?

I've noticed certain types of headphones aren't good with it, like I got headphones that have the neutral adapter (the right angle plug) that makes them work with any device, they work fine in my Vita but my smart phone absolutely needs the adapter, or certain types of headphones, otherwise they won't play audio properly.

hwy_61

Banned
I bought these SUPER CHEAP(price, not quality) Panasonic in ear headphones off amazon(you'll know they're the ones, because they have lots of reviews that are almost all positive!). They're nice and loud, and they come with different sized rubber tips for your ear holes.

Grinchy

Banned
Woo! I just got my first Vita platinum with Rayman origins. Gravity Rush will be next.

Nice work. Some of those speed challenges seemed pretty tough. I gave up on my Rayman plat, but months later, I find myself wishing I didn't sell it.

demigod

I actually have the same problem with the Sony headphones from my phone.

Did you ever find out if it can be fixed?

I bought these SUPER CHEAP(price, not quality) Panasonic in ear headphones off amazon(you'll know they're the ones, because they have lots of reviews that are almost all positive!). They're nice and loud, and they come with different sized rubber tips for your ear holes.

Might have to buy one myself since my other headphone is for gym.

Iacobellis

are there any bundles out or on the horizon? itching to get a vita. worried about trusting craigslist to get a cheap bundle. think i should wait for Black Friday?

Call of Duty, Madden, Assassin's Creed, LittleBigPlanet, etc.

As far as I know, only the CoD bundle comes with a memory stick.

Verelios

Bought the Mercenary edition of Ragnarok Odyssey from Newegg- minus $12 with the promo. Shame it's coming out in October though.

Blazblue abyss is kicking my ass though. Sometimes I'll just regress to simple combos and counters when I'm being pressured and it really galls me. Hopefully I get better at playing calm, but it's not cool right now. I may switch back to Disgaea 3 for a break.

darkwing

oh my, thanks for the tip! I thought my Vita was busted lol

psvita_headphone-1.jpg

Just get the official Vita headphones, they provide good isolation and sound really good for the price, nice deep bass and crisp detail. I have much more expensive headphones, but these sound great with the Vita. They also have a built-in mic.

I´m rocking this ones, Superlux HD669

superlux_hd_669_4.jpg

Amazing value for more or less 20€, great isolation, detachable cable (this is a must), and quite comfortable, the only downside could be the earpads, your ears could get sweaty after a while.

Rhythm and music games are WAY better with them, i use them with the djmax series in the psp, pure bliss.

Shahed

Finally got my Vita! Went through setting stuff up. Logged into my US account first to download some stuff. Got all the US stuff in the queue. I assume I need to wait for those to download before I can switch to my UK account? Also how are people's download speeds with the Vita? I normally hit 6-7 Mbs with PS3, but I'm barely getting 1Mbs on the Vita

Ran into a snag as well. Connected to PS3 so I could transfer VC2. However when I launch Content Manager, it says 'Could not connect to PS3'.

Any ideas?

Shinriji

SNK Sale next week! I have most of the games on the PS3, but I will buy them also on the VITA. If someone likes to play with Ad-hoc Party some SNK classics, shoot me a message/invite.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Man, I wanna know what the SNK sale entails, haha. Does that mean their PSP games will also be on sale? How about their Minis? Or will it just be NeoGeoStation stuff?
Appears Europe and HK recently had Neo Geo Station sales, so maybe that's all this is, too? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Right alongside the PS1 update too, eh? Well, if any SNK PS1 titles are back-compat... the superior versions will be on sale, on the same marketplace, possibly for cheaper :)

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Talking about earphones I wish they upped the power output on the Vita's headphone jack, even using my iem's I have to max it out to get sufficient volume, using my full size AKG's is a no go.

Shinriji

Man, I wanna know what the SNK sale entails, haha. Does that mean their PSP games will also be on sale? How about their Minis? Or will it just be NeoGeoStation stuff?
Appears Europe and HK recently had Neo Geo Station sales, so maybe that's all this is, too? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The blog only mentioned NGS games, but I want so much NG Heroes and Metal Slug XX, but I won't pay 20 bucks for them. I already have almost all SNK Mini games.

Gotta support SNK, and maybe they will put more NGS games in the future.

Bought my first Vita game in like four moths. Vita's saved!

c6npra3t12aq1qd7b.png

The way the cashier looked at the game was hilarious. It was a lady in her mid 30s I think. So I don't assume she knows how troubled the Vita is or what a Vita even is, but she looked at the game case like I just bought a fucking Betamax movie or something.

brentech

I just wish the PS3 wireless official headset was compatible. Stupid USB bluetooth dongle.
Should have known that'd be an issue with like every other device out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom