• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Oh boy, now that you mention it Dave, a firmware update and a weekly update the same day...
Given SCEA track record on heavy updates, it won't be pretty.
What have you guys planned for 08.30.2013 ? (._.)

Oh boy, now that you mention it Dave, a firmware update and a weekly update the same day...
Given SCEA track record on heavy updates, it won't be pretty.
What have you guys planned for 08.30.2013 ? (._.)

I suppose that the userbase of Vita is small enought to not cause any server overload even if all people update the firmware at the same time.

I would have, but I can never seem to find it for less than 40-50 dollars.

I'm guessing the one on the JP isn't in English, right?

IIRC, options and menus are in English. Weapon names and all that stuff are in English as well but the descriptions of the weapons are in Japanese. I remember it being very import friendly.

quabba

So many harvest moon games. Are any of the ds/3ds ones better than the psp ones? It's been a long time since I played HM I don't know where to jump in.

CLEEK

Ok, it's 28th at GMT. Where are my PSX games?

Pff, it's been the 28th where I live for 10 hours.

Does anyone know what announcements have there been from Sony Japan around the 1.8 update? Seeing as they have a fuck load more PSone games than other regions. Also, what's the deal with Japanese PSP games? Are they still getting updates to their compatibility list, or has it stopped there like it has in the US/EU?

Brera

Banned
Everyone knows UK gamers are the best in the world.

Now where's my update! I went to the update section and was told a new update was available...turned out it was 1.69... :-(

Cloudy

Banned
So I was thinking of trading in some Vita games for Madden today but even a game like Uncharted is only worth like $10. This CANNOT be a good sign IMO. I don't remember top PSP game prices tanking like this in the used market :\

PS: I decided to keep my games :p

So I was thinking of trading in some Vita games for Madden today but even a game like Uncharted is only worth like $10. This CANNOT be a good sign IMO. I don't remember top PSP game prices tanking like this in the used market :\

I'm going to guess this is because a lot of people are going digital only?

and good job keeping them

So I was thinking of trading in some Vita games for Madden today but even a game like Uncharted is only worth like $10. This CANNOT be a good sign IMO. I don't remember top PSP game prices tanking like this in the used market :

Used game values in general are tanking, because retail price on games have been more aggressive and have had more sales. I mean you can already get Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs both for $60. That has to depreciate the trade in value.

KillerAJD

If you have a best buy around, they are doing double trade ins. Last I checked, Uncharted GA was $11, so you'd get $22 for it. I traded in a bunch of PS3/Vita games and walked out with $160 worth of PC gear, haha. The cashier told me the deal was going until the 1st btw.

Sol1dus

We're towards the end of the life-cycle. Games for these systems are much cheaper now. PSP games didn't depreciate because very few people actually bought PSP games. Most games on PS3 nowadays sell millions and their price goes down faster.

kidko

With so few Vitas out there I can see why a store wouldn't want to pile up a ton of used copies of launch titles. Probably a good strategy for launch titles from any system.

Cloudy

Banned
Both good points. No wonder Gamestop is selling iphone/ipad stuff right now. Times almost up for the used game racket...

Still, the whole point of me buying physical games was for resale/giveaway options. If the game values depreciate so fast, maybe I should start going digital for the convenience

Both good points. No wonder Gamestop is selling iphone/ipad stuff right now. Times almost up for the used game racket...

Still, the whole point of me buying physical games was for resale/giveaway options. If the game values depreciate so fast, maybe I should start going digital for the convenience

won't you think of the adorable cases

):

Cloudy

Banned
If you have a best buy around, they are doing double trade ins. Last I checked, Uncharted GA was $11, so you'd get $22 for it. I traded in a bunch of PS3/Vita games and walked out with $160 worth of PC gear, haha. The cashier told me the deal was going until the 1st btw.

Shit, thanks!

dochuge

Sorry if this has been asked:

Can I transfer PS1 games from my PS3 to the vita like you can with the PSP? I bought Tomba already and would love to play that on the Vita. I also have about 9 other games too.

Skyzard

Banned
Haha. Was making a joke about the PS3 firmware :p that one was requested for so damn long lol

Whooooosh / my head

Quite excited now, surprise firmware features is pretty hooking for me too.

Sorry if this has been asked:

Can I transfer PS1 games from my PS3 to the vita like you can with the PSP? I bought Tomba already and would love to play that on the Vita. I also have about 9 other games too.

I don't think we know yet but you can transfer psp games to the vita like that, so it could be a possibility. I have a few waiting at the ready on the ps3...but they could for example just have them on the vita store/available to redownload from your download list etc...will hopefully find out soon.

I imagine the ps3 would need a firmware update to transfer ps1 to vita though...unless it is something they can enable through vita...which seems weird but maybe who knows.

When do firmware updates normally go live? Sorry if this has been asked before.

The PS3 also has a clock at the top right since day 1. 8^)

The joke was on the PS3 clock being blocked by the DS3 controller battery icon. Or the daylight saving not working sutomatically.

OMG that bugged me so much.

patsu

Haha. Was making a joke about the PS3 firmware :p that one was requested for so damn long lol

The PS3 also has a clock at the top right since day 1. 8^)

The joke was on the PS3 clock being blocked by the DS3 controller battery icon. Or the daylight saving not working sutomatically.

I'm 20ish hours into TitS and every time I try to play it, I last about 20 minutes. I kind of enjoyed it in the beginning but then I just got bored of it fast. I really want to like it but I just don't.
^^^^^This is so fucking much. I bought it strictly off of GAF hype and I can only play it 20 minutes at a time. Its just so freaking boring.

Andrefpvs

I don't know if this is a new update or not, but I just got prompted to update my Content Manager (app that lets you transfer stuff between PC and PS Vita).

Skyzard

Banned
More boring then normal rpgs? I put off buying it but was still curious after all the positive posts. Although it will have to wait now that ff is back.

I don't know if this is a new update or not, but I just got prompted to update my Content Manager (app that lets you transfer stuff between PC and PS Vita).

!!!!!

.....just realised i am actually still not on 1.69...one mo..

Guiz. Uh maybe things have changed but I can't figure out how to get my PS1 saves off of my PSP to my PS3....I could have swore you used to have to push triangle and explore or whatever and the would show up.

HELP PLEASE!
These are the saves I planned to use with Vita.

Skyzard

Banned
Guiz. Uh maybe things have changed but I can't figure out how to get my PS1 saves off of my PSP to my PS3....I could have swore you used to have to push triangle and explore or whatever and the would show up.

HELP PLEASE!
These are the saves I planned to use with Vita.

Not sure, but perhaps you need to connect it to the PS3 before the option to transfer it shows up?

Another way would be connect it to PC by usb (unless you need custom firmware for that, not sure?) - transfer the saves from windows explorer - drag and drop them onto your vita backup folder for content manager.

Skyzard

Banned
lol

on the latest firmware but no content manager update prompts here....

did you mean the content manager assistant (the software on pc?)...still good news

Crap. =[ I just got HOLV because the normal price was much higher and it looked better visually. I guess I sort of dismissed Boy and Girl because of the rounded looking characters and didn't think there'd be anything in it I couldn't do in HOLV. But after you said that I went and actually looked at some videos. Looks closer to the SNES original than the one I got. Only thing I didn't like in the video is all that mess you gotta clean up when you start, which you don't have to do at all in HOLV.

Yeah I dunno why HOLV is so damn expensive normally. I was a sucker, wanting a HM fix a few months ago and I got it for the default price... ouch. They redeemed themselves with Boy & Girl being discount though. I got HOLV to check it out and see the changes made from Save the Homeland (the original version of the game), and I was pretty happy with the changes made. Overall though, it doesn't compare to BTN.

Speaking about all the clutter - that's what I loved about BTN though! You have to RECLAIM the yard, you know? You can only go so far too with the default tools, so it's really rewarding once you get better tools. You can increase your max stamina and rucksack as you play, on top of finding rare fish to catch and stuff. The seasons really change things up too.

The amount of upgrades for the house is really satisfying as well, you can even get a hothouse eventually! That means any type of crop, at any time of the year! I loved setting up my own field, exactly as I wanted to. That's the awesome thing about BTN, it's very customizable - not as customizable as the upcoming 3DS one where you can literally choose where to put buildings but... you get the idea. It's still an amazing game, and one of the best HM games.

Raine

Hopefully to support PS1 saves

Though I'm not seeing the update. Are you talking about the Content Manager Assistant (that's on the PC) or the actual app on your Vita?

Not sure, but perhaps you need to connect it to the PS3 before the option to transfer it shows up?

Another way would be connect it to PC by usb (unless you need custom firmware for that, not sure?) - transfer the saves from windows explorer - drag and drop them onto your vita backup folder for content manager.

I did, trust me I've been doing this since PS1 transfers came about. I forgot about that update that made these PS1-PS3version saves converted to PS1-PSPversion saves. And because of that the PSP version ones just aren't showing up. This is retarded.

V6aMC.gif

Oh hey, lookie here.

New Content Manager update creates folders for PSone games and PS Mobile games =)

KYzv1.png
AAAAAAHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom