• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Oh hey, lookie here.

New Content Manager update creates folders for PSone games and PS Mobile games =)

KYzv1.png

Yay

Lucent

Yeah I dunno why HOLV is so damn expensive normally. I was a sucker, wanting a HM fix a few months ago and I got it for the default price... ouch. They redeemed themselves with Boy & Girl being discount though. I got HOLV to check it out and see the changes made from Save the Homeland (the original version of the game), and I was pretty happy with the changes made. Overall though, it doesn't compare to BTN.

Speaking about all the clutter - that's what I loved about BTN though! You have to RECLAIM the yard, you know? You can only go so far too with the default tools, so it's really rewarding once you get better tools. You can increase your max stamina and rucksack as you play, on top of finding rare fish to catch and stuff. The seasons really change things up too.

The amount of upgrades for the house is really satisfying as well, you can even get a hothouse eventually! That means any type of crop, at any time of the year! I loved setting up my own field, exactly as I wanted to. That's the awesome thing about BTN, it's very customizable - not as customizable as the upcoming 3DS one where you can literally choose where to put buildings but... you get the idea. It's still an amazing game, and one of the best HM games.

-sigh- I guess I'm gonna have to get it while it's on sale. You do have a point about customization though. I liked setting up different crops different ways. One thing I didn't like about Winter in the original Harvest Moon though was you couldn't grow anything and were pretty much limited to your eggs and milk and whatever you could do in the mountains. Winter was boring as hell lol.

Skyzard

Banned
I did, trust me I've been doing this since PS1 transfers came about. I forgot about that update that made these PS1-PS3version saves converted to PS1-PSPversion saves. And because of that the PSP version ones just aren't showing up. This is retarded.

Sorry I hope someone else can help, if not - I'm positive they would have taken this into consideration for the vita firmware update!

Saved that gif!

Awesome news about the Content Manager update's new folders - think PSM was the secret features they were mentioning?

Oh hey, lookie here.

New Content Manager Assistant update creates folders for PSone games and PS Mobile games =)

KYzv1.png

I did, trust me I've been doing this since PS1 transfers came about. I forgot about that update that made these PS1-PS3version saves converted to PS1-PSPversion saves. And because of that the PSP version ones just aren't showing up. This is retarded.

Ok if your PSP is connected to your PS3, on the XMB go to Game -> Saved Data Utility (minis/PSP)... Scroll to the top and select the icon of the memory stick duo and PSP named "PSP (Playstation Portable). That's where your saves are. I think you may have been looking in the PS3 HDD by mistake. I can see my PS1 saves on my PSP through PS3.

Shinriji

The content manager was updated from 1.10.4086.63 to 1.20.5157.38

As the new content manager says "To use the saved data from a PSP™ system on a PS Vita system, copy the folders under /PSP/SAVEDATA on the Memory Stick™ to this folder. Then connect the PS Vita system to your PC and copy the saved data using [Content Manager].

VanWinkle

I really hope there are folders in this update, but I figure that probably would have been a big enough bullet point worth mentioning in the 1.8 announcement. So I'm not holding my breath.

Skyzard

Banned
@Raine..Was just going to say no update for my mac.. :S should be any minute then I guess. Might need to connect my vita to it or something.

@9thwonder.. So far only dropped from bed to carpet a few times (damn that short charging cable)...it has been fine...but they're dropping the vita on pavement...insanity. I read (online) someone say they dropped it a few feet and the screen bust...not sure really.

Ah thanks Andrefpvs (below)

Raine

@Raine..Was just going to say no update for my mac.. :S should be any minute then I guess. Might need to connect my vita to it or something.

@9thwonder.. So far only dropped from bed to carpet a few times (damn that short charging cable)...it has been fine...but they're dropping the vita on pavement...insanity. I read (online) someone say they dropped it a few feet and the screen bust...not sure really.

I just downloaded it from here

http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/mac/gb/index.html

branny

In order to update Content Manager Assistant, connect your PS Vita to your computer with CMA running. If you're connected to the internet, it should prompt you to update.
Thanks, I'm so used to things not being supported that I jumped to conclusions. It's updating now. <3

Ok if your PSP is connected to your PS3, on the XMB go to Game -> Saved Data Utility (minis/PSP)... Scroll to the top and select the icon of the memory stick duo and PSP named "PSP (Playstation Portable). That's where your saves are. I think you may have been looking in the PS3 HDD by mistake. I can see my PS1 saves on my PSP through PS3.

Did this, only can see PSP game saves. =/

DOUBLE EDIT: HOLY HELL THEY POPPED UP AFTER I POSTED. FUCKKKK i feel stupid.

The content manager was updated from 1.10.4086.63 to 1.20.5157.38

As the new content manager says "To use the saved data from a PSP&#8482; system on a PS Vita system, copy the folders under /PSP/SAVEDATA on the Memory Stick&#8482; to this folder. Then connect the PS Vita system to your PC and copy the saved data using [Content Manager].

Gonna try this way now. >.<

THANKS FOR THE HELP PPLZ. I love Vita-Gaf <3

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just dropping by this thread to say if I can't play Final Fantasy IX this week on my Vita, someone is gonna pay...

Did this, only can see PSP game saves. =/

DOUBLE EDIT: HOLY HELL THEY POPPED UP AFTER I POSTED. FUCKKKK i feel stupid.

Gonna try this way now. >.<

THANKS FOR THE HELP PPLZ. I love Vita-Gaf <3

Yeah, I forgot to mention they take hella long to populate! Glad you found 'em man! <3

Takao

Banned
I want my firmware! Jeff said there was a post going up on the blog...no sign of it yet :(

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck with a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

Skyzard

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if the update landed quite a few hours before the blog post to be honest. Although don't blame me if you're late to work/school :p
Blame Carl

I want my firmware! Jeff said there was a post going up on the blog...no sign of it yet :(

It's twelve o'clock, and it's a wonderful day.
I know you hate me, but I'll ask anyway.
Won't you come with me, to a place in a little town.
The only way to get there's to go straight down.
There's no bathroom, and there is no sink.
The water out of the tap is very, hard to drink,
Very hard to drink.

You, wait til tomorrow
You, wait til tomorrow

You say that money, isn't everything,
But I'd like to see you live without it.
You think you can keep on going living like a king.
Oohh babe, but I strongly doubt it.

Very hard to drink.

You gonna wait til, fat boy,
Fat boy, wait until tomorrow

Carl

I wouldn't be surprised if the update landed quite a few hours before the blog post to be honest. Although don't blame me if you're late to work/school :p
Blame Carl

True enough. I take the blame. If it does come tonight, i give you all permission to take the day off ;).

They usually do firmware posts around 10-11pm est that I have noticed. I would check the previous blog posts but, they aren't time stamped.

Yup, usually in a couple of hours UK time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom