• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

I'm still kinda hoping they put up more than 9 PS1 games tomorrow. But... they won't.

I really want Silent Hill. Never finished the first one, and would be fun to play on Vita screen with headphones on.

True story, Silent Hill freaked me out back then and I never played it more than 5mins. I did rebuy it on PSN and downloaded it, will probably play it sometime.

RpgN

In the "what changed?" thread, Kass and Wario got notifications.

It might work through certain ways only. If what Shinriji is saying is true, then it is possible that it doesn't work with older progress updates posted before the new firmware update. It might also have to do with where you like and leave a comment, it might only work through Near instead of Live Area or Friends list. We need to know what Kass and Wario exactly did to get their notifications.

It would be odd and a shame if it doesn't work with everything from the get go.

Sos you cant close apps with buttons? You still have to swipe? HAH!
All they had to do was allow us to highlight the folded corner. Maybe next update :(

Also quite a few of my ps1 games are not available for transfer, including RE:2 which was confirmed to work iirc.

Carl

It might work through certain ways only. If what Shinriji is saying is true, then it is possible that it doesn't work with older progress updates posted before the new firmware update. It might also have to do with where you like and leave a comment, it might only work through Near instead of Live Area or Friends list. We need to know what Kass and Wario exactly did to get their notifications.

It would be odd and a shame if it doesn't work with everything from the get go.

I didn't even know there was more than one activity feed :p

Sos you cant close apps with buttons? You still have to swipe? HAH!
All they had to do was allow us to highlight the folded corner. Maybe next update :(

Hold circle.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Looking forward to seeing what the SNK sale consist of, so not jumping at EVERY PS1 title that I could, anyway... though I'm quite enjoying Money Idol Exchange, helps the wait for Magical Drop V's eventual release somewhere...

So to distract from all the PS1 classic lunacy...

Gravity Rush's Kat to appear in Hot Shots Golf 6 as downloadable content.

Guess I have a reason to keep my copy now.

D'awwww! ^_^

Talk about your awkwardly perfect fits. Hope this does bode well for PSASBR.

Yeah, this'll get me to buy some DLC... wonder if they'll get her Seiyuu to record some new lines (or just use work from the game), or if the US release of the DLC could have English VA work (noone in HS6 speaks JUST their foreign tounge, right?)

Vitacat

Ok, help me understand something...

Wipeout 2048 is $19.99 retail. And that includes online pass, right? Digital version is $35.99 + $9.99 for online pass.

So, Sony wants $46 digital vs. $20 physical? For the same game?

Am I missing something here? I wanted to go all digital, but that's insane if I've got the numbers right.

true Gek

Wipeout 2048 is $19.99 retail. And that includes online pass, right? Digital version is $35.99 + $9.99 for online pass.

Am I missing something here? I wanted to go all digital, but that's insane if I've got the numbers right.

Sony whant 35.99$ for the digital version that includes also an online pass =)

Yes you are missing that all PSN games have online pass included - 10$ is only price for people who bought second hand copy.

Spwn

Digital copy includes the online pass. The only situation you would have to buy an online pass is if you buy the game used and the previous owner used his online pass serial number that was included with the game.

Vitacat

Thanks for the replies.

So then it's 36 digitial vs 20 physical. Hmm. I love me some Wipeout, but damn, I may just have to stay with the physical copy then.

Shinriji

Looking forward to seeing what the SNK sale consist of, so not jumping at EVERY PS1 title that I could, anyway... though I'm quite enjoying Money Idol Exchange, helps the wait for Magical Drop V's eventual release somewhere...

MI Exchanger is so much better than Magical Drop, it isn't funny. A new version with online would be the shit.

And I will buy the shit out of the SNK sale. All fighters + Metal Slug 1 and 2 on DAT OLED. Good times.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The last few pages of excitement really made me wish I gave a shit about the ps1 library or going back and playing old games at all really. Still just playing p3p on my vita until AC/P4G

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Played the "full" demo that isn't in the BBY/Gamestop demo hardware of Uncharted. MMMM Drake. <3 MMMMMM touch-screen controls for the Dragon Rifle and other stuff... </3 Wasn't there the ability to turn that stuff off? I could swear Bend said there was. Is that in the demo?

NZNova

OK, stupid question here but maybe someone can help me out. So I updated my Vita to 1.80 after hearing about all this PSOne goodness. After the update, I went to the PSN store, to my Download List, to download the PS1 version of Final Fantasy VII that I have on my PSN account, but it tells me it can't be downloaded on a Vita system. Am I missing something obvious here? I was told I wouldn't have to buy it again, so how do I get it to my Vita?

I actually really like touching the screen to scroll through Vita pages so I didn't understand the hype for button control of the UI. And then I realized that I could press X to skip past the Live Screen and suddenly...button controls became so, so beautiful. XD

Anyway, help Vita-GAF, I think I might be dumb! I cannot figure out how to transfer my PS1 save files from my PSPgo to my Vita. My PS3 wasn't recognizing my go when I plugged it into the USB port, so I just copied the save data folders that I wanted over to my laptop. I tried moving them to my Vita via the Content Manager, but the Vita didn't recognize my files. I had them in the folder labeled 'PSAVEDATA' - was that the wrong one? I tried a couple others but nothing was showing up on my Vita. Do the save files need to be extracted from the folders that they're in? Is PS1 save data from a PSP even compatible with the Vita? Maybe I should just try again with my PS3...

OK, stupid question here but maybe someone can help me out. So I updated my Vita to 1.80 after hearing about all this PSOne goodness. After the update, I went to the PSN store, to my Download List, to download the PS1 version of Final Fantasy VII that I have on my PSN account, but it tells me it can't be downloaded on a Vita system. Am I missing something obvious here? I was told I wouldn't have to buy it again, so how do I get it to my Vita?
Most people seem to be guessing that VII (and the other announced games) won't show up from the Vita PSN storefront/download list until after the PSN update tomorrow (today, depending on time zone I guess). If you have a PS3, you can transfer it over to your Vita right now though.

Carl

Transfer from PS3

Vitacat

I'm guessing you need to wait until the game is officially enabled for Vita on PSN? Not sure.

Or if you have a ps3, use it to transfer ff7 to your vita.

RoyalFool

Banned
Are the PS1 games region locked to the region of the Vita (hardware)? I have my UK Vita linked to my Japanese PSN account, if I download FF7 from the Japanese store will it let me run it?

softie

Are the PS1 games region locked to the region of the Vita (hardware)? I have my UK Vita linked to my Japanese PSN account, if I download FF7 from the Japanese store will it let me run it?

Of course it will, as long as the account matches with the content on the memcard, everything is fine. With the 1.8 update it even HAS to match or else you'll need to format the memcard.

Sid

What are the chances of ys celceta getting a western release?will the japanese version have english subs and dub?

JoshHood

Screw Soul Sacrifice, if Sony wanted a Monster Hunter beater, they should've had a team making a 4-player co-op game in the Shadow of the Colossus universe, just like that original Nico concept video.

What are the chances of ys celceta getting a western release?will the japanese version have english subs and dub?
This seems dependent on XSEED's bandwidth, more than anything really. By the time Ys IV is out in Japan though, most of their current slate will have already been or be very close to release, so my guess is that they'll have the coverage to localize it.

Vitacat

Screw Soul Sacrifice, if Sony wanted a Monster Hunter beater, they should've had a team making a 4-player co-op game in the Shadow of the Colossus universe, just like that original Nico concept video.

Wow, that could be amazing if done right. But it will never happen.

*sigh*

SotC is a game that just needs to be ripped off already. Its criminal that those mechanics are locked away in one game

Basically I need SotC's Darksiders

So I thought I would backup some of my old save to get them off my Vita. How is a save file 200mb. it must copy any updated or install data also. Why can't we just backup our save file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom