• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

leroidys

Somebody talk me down from buying a 32 GB card. I want to download all of my games on my Vita since I won't be able to use my PS3 until December, but on the other hand, they are eighty dollars, and I mean, that's eighty dollars, which, no matter how I look at it, is still eighty dollars.

I'm waiting for a 64 gig card. The price (though it is insulting) doesn't throw me off as much as the fact that I would still have to carefully manage stuff with that little space.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm waiting for a 64 gig card. The price (though it is insulting) doesn't throw me off as much as the fact that I would still have to carefully manage stuff with that little space.

Exactly, a 32 at this price just won't cut it, especially past this year. I'm sure I'll be playing my vita long after that though so I'll definitely need more.

Unless they drop the price soon and show intentions to make it easier to swap out memory cards and spread out your collection, then I think I'll use the money on games and just make do with laptop backups...

sure it won't look as nice all there in one place...but come on, gotta snap out of it!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
How many games do you own that you'd need to worry about space on a 32 GB card?

Teknoman

A 16 gig should do just fine if I only plan to get a few PSP digital titles, and most PS1 as far as downloads? I want to have a physical vita collection.

Soul Reaver on the Vita!

c5e9b893ed38e5bb0413863ce26f375db065f589.JPG

Skyzard

Banned
Seriously guys. 16 should be the minimum unless you're gonna stop buying games after a few months.
We're gonna need folders soon. Really hope it is in the next update.

Btw so glad to have the PS1 load up sound...so nice to hear.

Hope they add the extra control options for the emulator though, would be useful. Battery life doesn't seem to be draining too much either which is good! Although I've had it drop suddenly at times as well so not entirely sure how accurate it is.

demigod

Oh thank goodness.

Another one for us with the 3G model who don't use the 3G plan: "No Signal" no longer displays in the notification bar.

Edit: Another one: notifications pop-ups aren't as big anymore. Megaton.

Thank fucking goodness, that shit annoyed me. Annoyed me so much that I took out the sim just to be greeted with a No Sim notification.

Teknoman

Seriously guys. 16 should be the minimum unless you're gonna stop buying games after a few months.
We're gonna need folders soon. Really hope it is in the next update.

Btw so glad to have the PS1 load up sound...so nice to hear.

Hope they add the extra control options for the emulator though, would be useful. Battery life doesn't seem to be draining too much either which is good! Although I've had it drop suddenly at times as well so not entirely sure how accurate it is.

Well sure, but if you arent going full on Vita digital, I think (hope) it should be fine for a decent PS1 digital collection + a few PSP games.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Can you use the flickr app to post screens here? I tried finding a share button or a link or anything in the app but nothing's there.

Ran rp

Either the Vita screen is brighter or my eyes are playing tricks on me. WipEout 2048 always felt too dark thanks to the 80% brightness cap but now it feels like I'm playing at full brightness. I thought maybe it was because I was playing in the dark but I turned on two bright lights and everything was still crystal clear.

Iacobellis

PSY・S;41482763 said:
Either the Vita screen is brighter or my eyes are playing tricks on me. WipEout 2048 always felt too dark thanks to the 80% brightness cap but now it feels like I'm playing at full brightness. I thought maybe it was because I was playing in the dark but I turned on two bright lights and everything was still crystal clear.

I said the same thing! I think 1.8 did something to the brightness, see if you can go to max setting.

Ran rp

I said the same thing! I think 1.8 did something to the brightness, see if you can go to max setting.

I still can't go to max in 2048 while racing but it feels like it's at the max. It's strange. Maybe the Vita's brightness was universally capped this whole time.

Iacobellis

PSY・S;41482930 said:
I still can't go to max in 2048 while racing but it feels like it's at the max. It's strange. Maybe the Vita's brightness was universally capped this whole time.

Now if only Sony will increase the clock speed of the CPU a tiny bit.

Brera

Banned
Waited nearly 15 years for it but I've just downloaded bishi bashi special!

Aways heard good things about it and it sounds like the ideal Vita game! Will also download Parasite Eve 2!

Hanmik

Waited nearly 15 years for it but I've just downloaded bishi bashi special!

Aways heard good things about it and it sounds like the ideal Vita game! Will also download Parasite Eve 2!

MANY MANY years ago me and some friends played that game (Bishi Bashi Special) almost every weekend.. it was the best party game back then.. I have it on PS3 (first PS1 game I bought on it)..
But I seriously doubt it will work well on Vita.. because of the social aspect of the game.. that is what makes it fun.. local multiplayer rules in Bishi Bashi..

f@luS

More than a member.
in the crazyness of 1.8 psone firmware my question will fail to be interesting but does anyone know what is A0000101 error when i try to sign in with flickr on vita? nothing on google....

Takao

Banned
in the crazyness of 1.8 psone firmware my question will fail to be interesting but does anyone know what is A0000101 error when i try to sign in with flickr on vita? nothing on google....

A lot of people seem to get weird error messages from the Flickr app. It doesn't seem to be very stable unfortunately. : /

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Flight Mode seems to actually work properly now. I used to turn it on to remove the AT&T icon in the upper left hand corner, as I could still access my wi-fi in Flight Mode. That's no longer possible.

Well sure, but if you arent going full on Vita digital, I think (hope) it should be fine for a decent PS1 digital collection + a few PSP games.

That's what i though - then i bought TO, P2, P3, Trails, GEB, Dissiadia, 3rd Birthday, added HSG and Wipeout 2048 plus a bunch of smaller games to the mix and now i'm 100% full on 16 gig card.

So if you can afford it get 32.

Personally i'm waiting for 64 since i can already see 32 being not enough :D

Iacobellis

Flight Mode seems to actually work properly now. I used to turn it on to remove the AT&T icon in the upper left hand corner, as I could still access my wi-fi in Flight Mode. That's no longer possible.

You are supposed to use WiFi while in Flight Mode. At least that is how it works in iOS.

wighti

Can you copy the PS1 games from your PS3 without using the Vita controls?

My touchscreen just stops working if I plug my Vita in a computer or the PS3.

Ratchet and Clank never came to my school. :(

Seriously, I wish there was an eyebrow toggle switch in the Ratchet games. I'd be nine times more interested in them.

Mmm hmm! Those eyebrows are epic! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkEKAob68eA

I meant crying in a positive sense lol the update is so beautiful <3

I've been giddy all evening downloading PS1 games and messing with the new OS features. Love how snappy everything is now.

demigod

Thanks guys. So the reartouch is ONLY for scrolling? Kinda shitty, oh well. Pretty dumb that you can hit O to remove the apps but can't unlock the Vita when turning it on. Who's the genius that didn't thought of this?

I was just noticing how the home screen bubbles have strange jagged edges now. They almost seem to have lost smoothing in the updates.

Is it that thin black outline around the bubbles? The bubbles were always pretty jaggy imo but I'm just now noticing an extra outline around them. They may have sacrificed some AA to speed up the OS.

Iacobellis

Uh oh. My Vita isn't keeping track of screen brightness correctly. It stays at the level I want it at, but if I go back to the quick settings menu, the slider doesn't stay in the corresponding position.

kerrak

You are supposed to use WiFi while in Flight Mode. At least that is how it works in iOS.

No.
Flight mode is supposed to turn off any radio emitting signals (bluetooth, wifi, voice and data, gps...)
Some air companies allow usage of wifi or bluetooth. Both iOS and Android allow you to reenable those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom