• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned

kiyomi

Are the PS1 Classics up yet? I don't see FF7 in the vita store

If you have a PS3 you can transfer them from that.

I transfered FFIX and Legacy of Kain over. I had no idea how to play LoK so I closed it, lol.

Started up IX - it's like meeting an old friend. Great to have it on the go. It's scary how much I remember in terms of the item placements etc. On the standard screen size it looks nice, but once you blow it up any bigger.. depends on your priorities I guess.

One advantage I found so far is that rope skipping game seems easier with the Vita's face buttons than the old PSX controller ever did. Or maybe I'm just better now. The only problem I've noticed is the audio seems to slow down just slightly then catch back up sometimes. It seems to happen between area transitions. Anyone else noticed it?

Trigger

I woke up this morning and hoped it would be up already. How late does PSN update? Someone in another thread joked that it happens very late.

zroid

Banned
I woke up this morning and hoped it would be up already. How late does PSN update? Someone in another thread joked that it happens very late.

It varies. Anytime from 1500 to 0000 ET is possible. Often I find that the more "important" the update, the later it tends to skew.

Flipping through pages of PS1 games on my Vita just now, realize that Chrono Cross and Grandia did not transfer over/are not compatible yet. Fffffffffff Sony why you gotta be like that. D-:

I cannot connect to my network at work after updating. It's possible that it's my work wifi, but I doubt it.

Before this update I would connect to the guest access point here at work. It would say "connected" on the wifi screen. Then I'd load the web browser, and it would ask me if I wanted to view the "certificate". I would then type in my password info, and I would be connected as long as I kept my Vita awake.

Now, when I load the browser it never asks me if I want to load the certificate.

mauaus

I know this is a longshot but, can anyone share their Breath of Fire 4 Save, i dont want to start from the beginning, ill take any head start i can get my hands on. I lost my save where
i just got off the damn desert and Crei is incarcerated

....weird. Ps1 games were working fine like 2 hours ago and now i get this on all my games: "An error has occurred. (E-00000035)

Anyone had this problem?

Vossler

So does this filter the textures at all? Is it similar to the ps2/3 filter? Or are there any other options for the PS1 support?

Nevermind, didn't see the other thread on it.

Skyzard

Banned
^Gex 2 had an issue for me...got stuck at the language select screen but the flags were waving - not accepting inputs. First time it let me play quite a bit...even tried deleting the save file...just reinstalling now, was hoping it was a one off.

=-=

Would anyone happen to know when or what time the heads-up blog posts are usually up?

Trying to hold off [anymore] until I know there isn't a sale tomorrow...

pixelbox

^Gex 2 had an issue for me...got stuck at the language select screen but the flags were waving - not accepting inputs. First time it let me play quite a bit...even tried deleting the save file...just reinstalling now, was hoping it was a one off.

=-=

Would anyone happen to know when or what time the heads-up blog posts are usually up?

Trying to hold off [anymore] until I know there isn't a sale tomorrow...
You're doing too much just power off.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
MI Exchanger is so much better than Magical Drop, it isn't funny. A new version with online would be the shit.

And I will buy the shit out of the SNK sale. All fighters + Metal Slug 1 and 2 on DAT OLED. Good times.

(side note) Haha, so MIE was a Neo Geo game afterall... I shouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Love the SNK *Pause* sound being here.

Anywho, yeah, the more I play it, the more I see MIE being a better VS game than MD in some ways. Attacks seem more vicious, and the chance for a turn-around seems stronger. The depth in it's combo system is quite nice.

MD seems to concentrate a bit more on speed, this a bit more on set-ups and careful combos. MDV got GhostLop into it, now if only they'd add on MIE too, it's be the ultimate of these types of games...

Hope the SNK sale is really all-covering, wouldn't mind some of their Mini's getting added to Vita store download as well...

Skyzard

Banned
Ah I was hoping they'd be done the night before...one more day for us in Uk then.

=-=

edit: nvm!! I have to switch out of analogue with gex 2 otherwise the game doesn't recognise any inputs at the language select!! :S lol...emulator is fine.

Yep, i see myself replaying several psx games in the vita, shit looks great, but more button remapping options would be nice, for example, being able to map them to the right stick, the backtouch does not always work as intended.

Paznos

Copied Final Fantasy VI-IX onto my Vita last night from my PS3 nice to have them on the go, again I just really wish they didn't have to play catch up to some of the PSP's features.

Skyzard

Banned
Thing is with RPGs is that you only really play 1-2 at a time right? Otherwise the story gets all jumbled and it seems pretty pointless..

Of course it's nice having them all available at once...but they do tend to be pretty hefty, especially ff7-9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom