• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

You are mental.
No more do you leave it up to the game, and just stab a button=part-randomised goal/miss.
Now you have to look where there is space, where the goalie is, where your best shot chance is, and shoot exactly there, all in a second or two, just like the real thing.
If you miss normally, its just "meh, random chance", if you miss with RTP shooting then its all your fault, but the goals are all your own doing too.
Totally changes the game, i was utterly burnt out and bored of FIFA before it.

OK, you've convinced me to give it a second crack. I'll change it back when I get home and post my thoughts tomorrow.

Tizoc

Should I change any settings for the PSP emulation/options on the Vita?
Also Pursuit Force is friggin' sweet, dispensing Justice by comandeering vehicles and shooting criminals in the face with an AK 47? HOW WAS THIS NOT GOTY FOR THE PSP?!??!
Oh does ModNation Racers PSP work on the Vita?

Kazzy

Also Pursuit Force is friggin' sweet, dispensing Justice by comandeering vehicles and shooting criminals in the face with an AK 47? HOW WAS THIS NOT GOTY FOR THE PSP?!??!
Oh does ModNation Racers PSP work on the Vita?

I remember really enjoying that, back when it was released. I seem to recall the later sections becoming quite demanding, though. I think I started to lose interest at that point, which is where the game required you to complete a sequences in extremely specific ways.

Toki767

You know, if Sony did a 30-50% Plus discount or something on the weekly PSone releases for Vita it'd almost make up for the trickle they're doing for non-PS3 owners.

Almost.

It'd be nice, but it won't happen since their mentality will probably be that since PS1 games are suddenly playable, people will be willing to pay the full price for the first few months. After a few months, they'll just forget that they should have had a sale on PS1 games.

Skyzard

Banned
I was thinking 50% the whole list. Gets general ps3 users interested who haven't played ps1 in a while. Bam, instant vita library.

zroid

Banned
Knowing SCEE we'll probably get a sale though.

salt_0310.jpg

Games I've found that don't work, out of the ones I own and have tried (NA/USA):

Final Fantasy V
Spyro 1-3
Crash 1-3, CTR
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus

Games that I've found to work via PS3 transfer:
Castlevania: SotN
Castlevania Chronicles
UnJammer Lammy
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Syphon Filter 1-3
RE 1-3
Medieval
Jet Moto
Silent Hill

Didn't try:
Lilo & Stitch
Destruction Derby
(maybe a few more)

Haha sorry about that...but we don't even have some of the most crucial ps1 titles available at all on the store, if it helps..

I'll trade those PSOne titles for the discount you guys got on MGS and some of the sales you've had on Vita digital games (Lumines, UMvC3, etc.). Your PS+ beats the hell out of ours too.

Hindsight tells me I should have just created a EU account as my main account back in 2008 when I got a PS3, got all my trophies and bought all my content (including PS+) on it instead of this bullshit US account. :(

jRPG

Been playing Final Fantasy V for an hour or so on my Vita. It's quite amazing how one feature will bring so much joy. The only game I own which didn't seem to want to transfer was Grandia. It didn't display in my list at all. I'll wait and see what tomorrows Store update brings, to see if there are any discounts before I go and splurge. I'm so tempted to replay through all my PSone mainline Final Fantasy's, but with Graces coming out here on Friday, I best not.

Can anyone think of any action/adventure or platformers for PSone that had camera control mapped to the second analogue that are worth playing? Right now I'm kind of disappointed that I'm stuck with R2/L2 for camera control in Soul Reaver...sigh, the things we forget over time.,.

Beckx

This update has made me extremely happy with my Vita. Darkstalkers looks so, so good on the Vita's screen.

A few pictures of joy.

Everything that's worked for me (sigh, y u no work, Darkstalkers 3?):

grid.jpg

Shots of joy:

re2.jpg

ff6.jpg

sotn.jpg

Rockman supports screenshots too.

rockman.png

spats

Umm, I can't get the PS1 games to transfer over to my Vita. I connect the Vita to my PS3, open the content manager > copy stuff from PS3 to Vita > apps > PlayStation games, and then nothing shows up even though I have 33 PS1 games on my PS3, most of which are on the compatibility list posted by SCEE.

I just want to play my old FF9 save on my Vita. :,,,,(

KalBalboa

Banned
Umm, I can't get the PS1 games to transfer over to my Vita. I connect the Vita to my PS3, open the content manager > copy stuff from PS3 to Vita > apps > PlayStation games, and then nothing shows up even though I have 33 PS1 games on my PS3, most of which are on the compatibility list posted by SCEE.

I just want to play my old FF9 save on my Vita. :,,,,(

Are they "bubbles" on the PS3?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone with Virtua Tennis 4 that wants to help boost each other for the online trophy to reach Rank A?
Such a grind and the only one keeping me from Platinum.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The PSP didn't support anaolg control for any PS1 game. This is quite an upgrade.

It kinda did in a fashion, set custom controls, move up/down/left/right to the stick. Enjoy.

In fact it made playing KoF on the PSP-1000 a hell of a lot easier since the D-pad SUCKED at diagonals.

I bought hero of leaf valley 2 years ago and have yet to really play it. Maybe I should get around to that .

Just get Boy & Girl while it's on sale. Back to Nature is the boy version, it's one of the best HM games ever.

Darkstalkers, Symphony of the Night, Castlevania Chronicles, and Parasite Eve all appeared in the transfer list and worked.

Darkstalkers 3 will not appear in the list. Hrm.

All in all, though, this has been a roller coaster today. Confusion, disappointment, and joy. Sony.

.... You do know the Dracula X Chronicles has SOTN on it right? It's the better version too.

TheSeks

.... You do know the Dracula X Chronicles has SOTN on it right? It's the better version too.

ASPECT RATIO.jpg

Unless you have CFW you can't set it to 4:3 and normal non-stretched. I love the re-translation and the port is good, but the fact they didn't give view modes like the PSX emulator is just downright INSANE. Konami! *shakes fist*

MrMephistoX

This update has made me extremely happy with my Vita. Darkstalkers looks so, so good on the Vita's screen.

A few pictures of joy.

Dumb question I know but is there an option to switch languages for the Rockman PsOne titles? Not that they are literary classics or anything but there's a certain charm to reading Dr. Light's upgrade messages XD.

TheSeks

Dumb question I know but is there an option to switch languages for the Rockman PsOne titles? Not that they are literary classics or anything but there's a certain charm to reading Dr. Light's upgrade messages XD.

No, since they're Japanese releases put on the US store.

Mzo

It kinda did in a fashion, set custom controls, move up/down/left/right to the stick. Enjoy.

In fact it made playing KoF on the PSP-1000 a hell of a lot easier since the D-pad SUCKED at diagonals.
That's just mapping digital controls to the stick. Not the same thing at all, and it makes a world of difference in a game like Parasite Eve.

I wish! Unfortunately, you are stuck with Japanese. I miss those messages too!

Anyone have an opinion on Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend on this and how it performs and such? I'm a pretty big fan of the games on console and I can get it for about $12 but I'm wondering if I should jump on it because I'm getting so many Vita games.

Wow, me 2 xDD
today i got the email from amiami saying that the game and the project diva accessory set are on stock and to confirm my pre-order. xP
We're so much alike, you and I!

I didn't preorder early enough to get it from Amiami, but I did order from CDJapan and am getting a cool calendar. The game+accessories were a little higher in price, but hey, that's okay! :p

Beckx

SotN was free PS+ game.

Quick follow up: the only version of SotN I've ever completed was the original JP NitM release. What's different/inferior in the US PSN version?

Not that I know of, it would have to be native to the JP version since SCEA does no translation for JP PS1 classics.

Anyone have an opinion on Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend on this and how it performs and such?

Like a dream. I love it. After being out of the fighting game scene for over a decade, playing BBCSE on the Vita when it released is what drew me back (and now I've fallen completely down the rabbit hole, it feels good to be back).

Shinriji

Anyone have an opinion on Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend on this and how it performs and such? I'm a pretty big fan of the games on console and I can get it for about $12 but I'm wondering if I should jump on it because I'm getting so many Vita games.

If you have CS:E on the PS3, skip it. If you have any other BB, and want a fighter on the go, go for it. The port is pretty good and there is cross buy DLC.

Rasec

We're so much alike, you and I!

I didn't preorder early enough to get it from Amiami, but I did order from CDJapan and am getting a cool calendar. The game+accessories were a little higher in price, but hey, that's okay! :p

All for the sake on getting some miku goodness! =P
Well, at least i know that i'll have a psn friend with the game. Let's see if there's score charts in the game xD
hmm, that calendar looks good.
Now the sad thing is how long i'll have to wait until the game arrives my home! T_T

KalBalboa

Banned
So what does everyone's PSone section look like? Obviously this is mine:

7877799342_765d9cb0ac_z.jpg

Anyone have a really kickass wallpaper for PSone games? I'm using a transparent PS logo, but I'm looking for something more vintage, circa 1996...

ASPECT RATIO.jpg

Unless you have CFW you can't set it to 4:3 and normal non-stretched. I love the re-translation and the port is good, but the fact they didn't give view modes like the PSX emulator is just downright INSANE. Konami! *shakes fist*

True, true. I hate the letterbox, really wish you could change it. Still I prefer the newer voices to the older ones. I almost forgot that I got it for free too through plus! Gonna switch them over :)

Just downloaded the Genesis Collection off the PS3, need to transfer it over to my Vita. So excited!!! I can finally have Sonic on my Vita :)

Yeesh, i´m broke this month, so i had to choose between preordering Technika Tune and Project Diva F...Djmax won of course, but i dig what i saw of Diva F, maybe i´ll get it in a future (is ridiculously expensive right now)

Any benefit to using Bilinear Filtering on the Vita for PSP and PSX games?

It makes some games look better?

Been playing Final Fantasy V for an hour or so on my Vita. It's quite amazing how one feature will bring so much joy. The only game I own which didn't seem to want to transfer was Grandia. It didn't display in my list at all. I'll wait and see what tomorrows Store update brings, to see if there are any discounts before I go and splurge. I'm so tempted to replay through all my PSone mainline Final Fantasy's, but with Graces coming out here on Friday, I best not.

FFV? I couldn't get that to transfer -- are you EU or NA?

Beckx

Wait... Rockman, from the imports section? You can actually transfer it over? O_O I CAN HAZ MEGAMAN ON MY VITA?!

Yep. :)

Anyone else out there with Darkstalkers 3, and if so, have you gotten it to transfer? Thinking about re-downloading it tonight, maybe I've got a bad bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom