• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerub

Banned
I have to say, the categories for PS one games are very helpful. A-L and M-Z, haha.

EDIT - I still can't download FFIX god damnit. It's right there on the store but when I click download it goes "DERP can't do that on Vita xDxD"

I have to say, the categories for PS one games are very helpful. A-L and M-Z, haha.

EDIT - I still can't download FFIX god damnit. It's right there on the store but when I click download it goes "DERP can't do that on Vita xDxD"

I wonder if the US PSN store is like that? I mean, how else are we supposed to figure out which of the 9 games we want to buy/download?

Carl

If you bring up a game you have purchased, FF7 for instance, you click download and it brings up a screen like the download list with just FF7 on it, but it will say you can't download it on the Vita.

What? I just tested it with Crash and it's downloading okay...

7888644194_d86c7d2d2b_b.jpg

(The Mutant Blobs install was a patch :p)

Radec

Quick question, what's the difference of the PSV FFVII(or any other available games for both PS3 and PSV) to the PSOne FFVII for PS3 only) ?

I'm contemplating if I'll buy 8 and 9 from the PS3 PSN or just wait for it to become available for the PSV.

Pepboy

As for PSOne classics, I saw quite a few posts about FFIX. Which is "greater" ? FFVII or FFIX ?

I played about half of FFIX. I found 90% of it was forgettable, as in I only remember a few things -- I don't even remember what the "threat" to the world was, or why the characters banded together.

FFVII is a beautiful game, especially the first third. I found the world and characters interesting and unforgettable.

Full disclosure: Both played as a teen. VII played first. Replayed half of VII a few years ago and it felt like an old baseball mitt. I will try FFIX again now that I'm older, maybe the themes were just not that interesting to me at the time.

patsu

Quick question, what's the difference of the PSV FFVII(or any other available games for both PS3 and PSV) to the PSOne FFVII for PS3 only) ?

I'm contemplating if I'll buy 8 and 9 from the PS3 PSN or just wait for it to become available for the PSV.

Aren't they all Cross-Buy ? If you buy FF8 and 9 from PSN now... you can redownload them on Vita in the future (when they get approved) right ?

Skyzard

Banned
LOL -- had I known about the BS that SCEA was going to pull with PS3/PSV deals compared to the rest of the world, I'd have made my PS3 account default to EU when I first created it.

Woo hooo!
Psone games are up and running on the european store.
List is huge. Guess it's the one that was already posted here.
Still, i don't see any sale there, or at least some mention of price cuts.

So they're just working on deals for the sale at the moment...take it that means I'll have to wait longer to get my game fix...Ok nuff waiting. Can definitely pick up crash 1 and shienryu now..would have been nice to have a mega sale on launch...people asked about ps1 sales but the Fred blog guy said they'll be back later to answer questions about it. Maybe we'll get some answers today.

Cornbread78

Also, WHY would you buy either Asphalt and Dungeon Hunter?! They are straight up iOS ports!

Hey, don't make me cry, I bought Dungeon Hunter as well.... It was actually the first game I purchased.....

It still baffles me why Sony has not requested or demanded VITA ports of all their PSN exclusive games as of yet to be released at PSN prices.... This cross over opportunity would be a big seller and an opportunity for the devs. Are teh production costs to high to port it from PSN to VITA? No way it can be that high....

-GJ-

What PSOne games should I get. I'm not that good at JRPG's, that's why I don't play them a lot (I hate grinding), but I've been playing Persona 3 lately and I love it (mainly because it's mixed with a high school sim which is a nice way to rest from the fighting), but I was thinking about Final Fantasy VII because everybody seems to love it so much. I wanted to get Chrono Trigger, since I loved playing the DS version (didn't complete it), which I can't seem to find anymore for a reasonable price, but that's not on the store and I don't have a PS3 to transfer it from.

patsu

What PSOne games should I get. I'm not that good at JRPG's, that's why I don't play them a lot (I hate grinding), but I've been playing Persona 3 lately and I love it (mainly because it's mixed with a high school sim which is a nice way to rest from the fighting), but I was thinking about Final Fantasy VII because everybody seems to love it so much. I wanted to get Chrono Trigger, since I loved playing the DS version (didn't complete it), which I can't seem to find anymore for a reasonable price, but that's not on the store and I don't have a PS3 to transfer it from.

[Hi 5 before Totobeni comes in]

Kazerei

Banned

Well, if you don't have a PS3, then FFVII is your best option.

Copenap

Remember how I asked whether RE is still playable by todays standards and if I should give it a shot? Yeah, it's not on german psn, getting screwed over as always...

Skyzard

Banned
To be fair I haven't played it (RE/RE2) recently, it does't look at all comparable to todays standards anyway though. Would have liked to play it again but...just doesn't seem worth it. I forgot about the lag between each room change too. Aiming....

I reckon if you can get past that it would be alright. Shame about not being on the german store :S think it was a censoring thing? Too violent..? It's out in UK..

Rasec

I can't choose what to buy.

Soul reaver
Parasite eve 2
Or something else...

Any help

Well i'm going for Eve but that's because i had it on disk but my ps2 broke and never was able to play it.
If you like platforms you can't go wrong with crash bandicoot 3 xP
Besides this games i might go for fear effect 2 (had the first one on disk and played it), the mickey game and resi 3.
But my taste in games might be a little weird xD

Well i'm going for Eve but that's because i had it on disk but my ps2 broke and never was able to play it.
If you like platforms you can't go wrong with crash bandicoot 3 xP
Besides this games i might go for fear effect 2 (had the first one on disk and played it), the mickey game and resi 3.
But my taste in games might be a little weird xD

Yeah it's tough. Although for £4 I could get soul reaver and fear effect 2.

On the other hand crash 3 looks ok

Crash 3 is still pretty great, I find the platforming in Crash games can be sometimes a little too inaccurate, but on the whole they're pretty dang fun and Warped is the best of the lot. I also think it looks really really nice on the Vita.

Well this is fucking BS, Soul Reaver won't download. It's available to buy on the store, but it then says it can't download as it's not compatible.

Fuck you, Sony. Fuck you. *sobs*

Well this is fucking BS, Soul Reaver won't download. It's available to buy on the store, but it then says it can't download as it's not compatible.

Fuck you, Sony. Fuck you. *sobs*

This happens with new psp additions as well. They will work after a while. Happened twice to me. Just came back the next day and they downloaded fine.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
What? I just tested it with Crash and it's downloading okay...

7888644194_d86c7d2d2b_b.jpg

(The Mutant Blobs install was a patch :p)

Might be fine for Crash Bandicoot, Medievil for instance will download no problem, but FF7/8/9 wont let me downlaod them via the Vita.
Though I had already put them on yesterday via my PS3 so it isn't really a problem for me, lol.

Might be fine for Crash Bandicoot, Medievil for instance will download no problem, but FF7/8/9 wont let me downlaod them via the Vita.
Though I had already put them on yesterday via my PS3 so it isn't really a problem for me, lol.

How foes one go about transferring games from their PS3 to the vita?

Is it as simple as just plugging the vita in via usb and transferring or is there more involved?

So did that 99p sale ever materialise?

Oh? what 99p sale is this?

Getting really fucked off now. Its not letting me download the PSone games on Vita.

I managed to download G-Police, but SR, Fear Effects won't download. Haven't tried Silent Hill or RE2 and 3 yet, but I'm thinking I'll leave it until SR works as that's the title I want most on my vita.

Well we've been teased with the promise of PS1 deals all day and nothing seems to have gone up yet.

"And, as announced, over 100 PSone games launch today for PS Vita, some of which are going for 99p."

Oh wow, will definitely be hoping for this to happen. Thanks for the heads up. :D

Carl

Dont own any of those so can't try. I tried a few different ones and all worked for me.

ksimm

James Pond 2 - Robocod looks amazing on the vita screen! So cool to be able to play such a classic on such a beautiful device. Wipeout erm not so much, spoilt by 2048...

orioto

Good Art™
It's working now, i could redownload vagrant story from the vita. I'm disapointed there isn't the only fucking screen option i wanted -_- Why this normal mode isn't vertically fullscreen ? What's the point ? I just want a proper ratio full screen :( Fucking Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom