• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought FFVII, MGS and couple of other games way back for PSP, and now tried to download them again from the PSN store. Vita complains 'cannot download using ps vita system' for everything else except for MGS...

Maybe I have missed some discussion about that here, but I would like to know what is going on? (EU)

It's a common problem that's happens with some newly added psp games as well (I had this with Ys Seven). Just try again tomorrow and it should be fixed.

oldmario

Btw the "normal" ps1 screen option..isn't to scale either I don't think....would like a fit-to-screen option. Are ps1 games running slower for you than when emulated on ps1? Someone said wipeout was slower..never tried it on my psp, which was the old v1 anyway...but sometimes I do get a hint of slowness...not sure if that is just how the games were on ps1 :S Hasn't really affected me yet though.

Yep! I want all the classics sonics, including s&k.

And still no sale on the psone classics for the person asking...seems silly to start buying too many titles now with all this talk bout psone sales, especially if there is a 99p sale in the works..

My collection for now:

-Digital Limbo: FF 7-9, MGS and Gex 1-2 [Although I've freed up about 1.6GB, possibly for FFVII]
-Sale: Crash Bandicoot 2-3, Jumping Flash, Abe's Oddworld titles, GaiaSeed and RRT4
-Missing from store: Spyro (coming soon), Cool boarders 3, twisted metal 2, SotN, Einhander, Ape Escape, Gran Turismo, Warhawk.

You can get Warhawk when you buy starhawk, dont quote me on this but i think if you buy the online pass it gives you the game (i have no idea since i dont own the game but a friend does and he cant remember if it was given to him with the online pass or a seperate code)

patsu

Yeah, I figured as much. But guess who's PS3 is about 300km away. >: (

See Sony ? Would be cool to use RemotePlay to turn on PS3 remotely, download the Vita game, upload to PSN cloud, then download from Vita locally. 8^P

You have all the pieces, but not integrated end-to-end. Just saying...

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
See Sony ? Would be cool to use RemotePlay to turn on PS3 remotely, download the Vita game, upload to PSN cloud, then download from Vita locally. 8^P

You have all the pieces, but not integrated end-to-end. Just saying...
I'd subscribe to Playstation Plus if this were a feature. Of course, PSN isn't at the point that a message I read on my Vita is marked as read on my PS3, so I can't see this happening anytime soon.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Now i don't know if i should buy or wait!

I'll personally be waiting till a sale, I already have FF7/8/9 and MediEvil from previous ones so I am ok for now.

Do wish they would get MediEvil 2 up on the store, along with Spyro and SOTN.

Glix

I wish they would put Parappa on. Never played it, really want to.

Just buy the $100000 psp port. Seriously, its like 20 or 30 bucks or something insane.

Also, if there is input lag, and I read someone saying UmJammer was not great in certain parts, it may ruin the game

Is it worth getting a vita or should I hold off until Black Friday?

Supposedly at best buy for $250 I can get the Vita Madden bundle with a $50 gift card (and then trade in Madden for another gift card) which is somewhat tempting. Only games im really interested in right now are Gravity Daze, Wipeout 2048, and Uncharted. None of the games announced for next year impress me at all although Tear Away looks interesting. So i'm not even sure if its worth it.

I really feel like buying:

MGS
FF7-9
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

But I feel like I'd be rewarding SCEA with $46 of my money for their blundering incompetence. :\

Carl

Just buy the $100000 psp port. Seriously, its like 20 or 30 bucks or something insane.

Also, if there is input lag, and I read someone saying UmJammer was not great in certain parts, it may ruin the game
We don't even have the PSP game in Europe, i don't think.

I just want to play it :p can cope with lag

ShadiWulf

So my Vita with Gravity Rush arrived today from newegg. LOVE IT! :)

I spent like a half hour struggling with putting on the screen protector, but it's good now, and definitely prefer having it on, it doesn't smudge like the screen was doing when I was setting up the vita without one. Got some air bubbles near the buttons, and a small one in the upper right corner of the screen, but not noticeable at all when playing

I also got a vita nerf grip that people on youtube / amazon said to get because they said it makes the Vita easier to hold, i guess i don't have big enough hands or something, holding it makes me feel like im stretching really far to use the touchscreen and cramps up my hands. it's still nice protection for the backside though, so ill use it when im not using the Vita :) lol

but yeah, I really like Vita, it feels so good holding it, high quality. the OLED is beautiful too

ahh, im sure everyone has heard all this already, sorry for ranting on, I'm just excited! Don't regret my purchase at all. Really enjoying Gravity Rush.

Andrefpvs

Is anyone else unable to download Final Fantasy VI/VII/VII/IX, Resident Evil 1 and/or Legacy of Kain from the EU Vita Store?

This is seriously starting to piss me off, it says I can't download them to a PS Vita system :(

Rasec

Is anyone else unable to download Final Fantasy VI/VII/VII/IX, Resident Evil 1 and/or Legacy of Kain from the EU Vita Store?

This is seriously starting to piss me off, it says I can't download them to a PS Vita system :(

With me is Fear Effect 2. Do you know if resi 3 is okay?
i was thinking in buying that.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

PSP port is horrible though.
The timing is broken on it.

PSP port is horrible though.
The timing is broken on it.

Kick. Punch. It's all in your mind...

Add it to the list of games I'd buy immediately if it was up as a PSOne classic and supported on Vita.

Roaarrrr!

Seriously though, buy it. Or else.

Yes. Carl now has splinter cells to enforce his mandate in at least 2 countries. $8 is worth the price of admission for the fun you'll have (and the ability to sleep soundly at night). ;)

Carl

Yes. Carl now has splinter cells to enforce his mandate in at least 2 countries. $8 is worth the price of admission for the fun you'll have (and the ability to sleep soundly at night). ;)

Exactly! Buy it and no one needs to get hurt.

i must admit that i only bought that game because of all the talk about it in this topic and it turned out a cool awesome game. good value for the price they're asking.

Yup, definitely one of the best fun to money ratios of any game in PSN.

Exactly! Buy it and no one needs to get hurt.

Yup, definitely one of the best fun to money ratios of any game in PSN.

You believe in it so much and most people speak highly enough of it that I blind bought it based on the love in here. Now I'm a hearty advocate for it too and have bought it twice already (Vita, PC).

Download Mutant Blobs Attack. Now

Don't listen to this guy, shadi. You need to download UNIT 13. Like right away. I'll forgive your not having bought it with the vita, after all, we all make mistakes.

But I won't forgive you not buying it now though. So...buy it. Right fucking now, son.

Carl

You believe in it so much and most people speak highly enough of it that I blind bought it based on the love in here. Now I'm a hearty advocate for it too and have bought it twice already (Vita, PC).

I bought it based on how good the PS3 game was and instantly fell in love. And began telling everyone with a Vita to get it.

I bought it 3 times on PSN :p

@speedy, we can agree on Unit 13 too, i love it. Need to finish it though. Only played about 2 levels :(

Definitely recommend Unit 13... More expensive than Mutant Blobs, though, so maybe a harder pill to swallow

I liked Unit 13 well enough from the demo to bite for $20, but after ploughing through Uncharted, I'm just not up for another TPS, so I haven't started it yet.

As far as the PS3 game from drinkbox goes -- I have the demo, but $15 was too much for what I played... I do plan to pick it up if it ever goes on sale though.

Dantis

So I'm just about to start Chapter 5 on Corpse Party. Horrifying, but great. I've been fine for most of it, but the end of Chapter 4 brought me down.

Also, the soundtrack is strangely perfect. Love the recurring theme.

PSP games from PSN have really justified my Vita. Enjoying it far more than my 3DS. And now we have PS1 games too... Good times.

So I'm just about to start Chapter 5 on Corpse Party. Horrifying, but great. I've been fine for most of it, but the end of Chapter 4 brought me down.

Also, the soundtrack is strangely perfect. Love the recurring theme.

PSP games from PSN have really justified my Vita. Enjoying it far more than my 3DS. And now we have PS1 games too... Good times.

Ah, a european approaches. ;)

Sorry, I'm just bitter. My prediction was right for 2/3 of Sony at least.
I mean, I suppose if you average the # of games available, they still have 100+...
200(+) + 140(+) + 9 = 349/3 = 116 per region on average.

Shame averages aren't worth jack in this case.

Skyzard

Banned
Ashamed to admit that i never played any of the PSOne Spyro games, so looking forward to that.

Same here... they only platformer I remember playing a lot on the ps1 was crash bandicoot 1. I picked up gex too which has been a lot of fun and reminded me how awesome 3d platformers were back then. Spyro looks great gameplay wise too, just watching some videos atm. I heard it is coming to EU in a few months or less (through the blog replies).

... and :/ kotaku. still with this shit?

By the way, the biggest complaint about ape escape psp remake was the lack of analogue....anyone tried it on vita?

@oldmario ... thanks for the info about getting warhawk ps1 through starhawk but yeah bit risky since not on the store, might just wait to see if they add it to the store :/ Will try asking on the blog next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom