• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

From the EU blog :
...I am extremely busy today sorting out some PSOne deals for you due to the new PS Vita functionality announced earlier this week...

Lol, I'm european and the Vita is the first hardware I set to an US account as main.
That was relatively funny for a time, but if this continue I'm gonna cry (._. )

Rasec

Vagrant Story is tough when it comes to figuring out the weapon/affinity system, but once you do you can become majorly awesome. Also, the story and setting are amazing, and it features a new game+, which rocks. It can be unforgiving at times, but once you know what weapons to use on what, you can really dominate. Graphics are probably the best on the ps, aside from MGS.

Thanks for the info. That game always interested me back in the day and i even didn't had a psone.
Don't know if the unforgiving part won't be a little too much for me since i'm kinda rusty at rpgs. Guess i'll take the game for a spin! XP

No it doesn't. Ladder systems that you have to read a guide for isn't awesome. Persona's fusing system is 20x better because even if you get a fusion accident you're at least "progressing." There was times in Vagrant Story I was getting WORSE weapons than I should've been stats and material wise because I wasn't following an upgrade ladder.

Vagrant Story is probably one of the worst games I have ever played in terms of gameplay. In terms of story and the graphics, Matsuno isn't beat still. But FFXII is farrrr better in his vision of Ivalice and gameplay. :/
Hmm, i'll try vagrant since i always was interest on it. And it also depends on the price.
Any other cool rpgs for psone i can't miss?

Pachimari

How do I go about this?

I update my PS Vita, download the PSone games on my PS3 and then I transfer them with Content Manager in bubble-form?

Yopis

Just finished Uncharted GA this morning.

WOW.

Sony, give Bend studio more job, please. The game was actually better than uncharted 1 and 3.

And Bend, please hire more talented 3D female modeler. Chase was utter shitty looking female character.

Yeah had fun with it also. Hope bend is working on sequel.

Vossler

No it doesn't. Ladder systems that you have to read a guide for isn't awesome. Persona's fusing system is 20x better because even if you get a fusion accident you're at least "progressing." There was times in Vagrant Story I was getting WORSE weapons than I should've been stats and material wise because I wasn't following an upgrade ladder.

Vagrant Story is probably one of the worst games I have ever played in terms of gameplay. In terms of story and the graphics, Matsuno isn't beat still. But FFXII is farrrr better in his vision of Ivalice and gameplay. :/

I will say that it is a bit stilted, but it plays more like a 1 person strategy rpg than a regular jrpg and you kind of have to have that mentality going into it. The upgrade system is a little convoluted insomuch as you can get worse weapons, but nothing that a gamefaqs guide couldn't help with. This game, I feel, shouldn't be missed as it did receive the vaunted 40/40 from famitsu back when that actually mattered. The ending seriously makes the game.

Went out to Futureshop today to grab Shinobido 2, Lumines and Dungeon Hunter Alliance on sale for $20 a pop... got home and realized something SHOCKING!

When you consider all of these...

I5uJY.jpg

and then add these...

qVigB.jpg

it's plainly obviously redundantly clear that

VITA HAS NO GAMEZ!!!1!

What are we to do?

Went out to Futureshop today to grab Shinobido 2, Lumines and Dungeon Hunter Alliance on sale for $20 a pop... got home and realized something SHOCKING!

I5uJY.jpg

and then add these...

qVigB.jpg

VITA HAS NO GAMEZ!!!1!

What are we to do?

lol and then your the one with your fingers in your ears and your eyes shut, your the one who needs to wake up and see reality. Vita has no games, no support, life support. Just accept it XD

Vitacat

I5uJY.jpg

and then add these...

qVigB.jpg

VITA HAS NO GAMEZ!!!1!

What are we to do?

But deres no pokeymens?!

Seriously, amazing collection. And yeah, the reality is Vita's library is already damn good.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Please tell me I can download these straight to my Vita from the store? Its not letting me do so at present and I'm itching to play Wild Arms

I assume you are in the EU? You should be able to at some point, seems like they are still sorting it out, the PS1 games have after like an hour have fully populated both categories.

They just seemingly haven't enabled us to download on a Vita yet.

What does it say? :S
If you bring up a game you have purchased, FF7 for instance, you click download and it brings up a screen like the download list with just FF7 on it, but it will say you can't download it on the Vita.

Sid

I5uJY.jpg

and then add these...

qVigB.jpg

VITA HAS NO GAMEZ!!!1!

What are we to do?
That is a nice collection

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

I5uJY.jpg

and then add these...

qVigB.jpg

VITA HAS NO GAMEZ!!!1!

What are we to do?

Yes yes, Vita circlejerk, etc.

The Vita has no games that are pulling in a good number of people which at the end of the day is the sad truth, it is a great system with great games, but nothing that is increasing the adoption rate of the system by anything meaningful, so while the joke that it has or the PS3 had no games got stale rather quickly all the games we do have aren't really changing anything.

There is no Vita support group, just people with good taste in games wondering what people are talking about when they say "Vita got no games!"

It seems like mostly Vita fans use that phrase in an embarrassingly defensive way at this point. Maybe those guys should just stop using it.

whitehawk

Banned

I5uJY.jpg

and then add these...

qVigB.jpg

VITA HAS NO GAMEZ!!!1!

What are we to do?
Okay... Buying every game that exists doesn't prove that the Vita has tons of games. I've bought 7 games, but after that there's not much that interests me.

Also, WHY would you buy either Asphalt and Dungeon Hunter?! They are straight up iOS ports!

From the EU blog :
...I am extremely busy today sorting out some PSOne deals for you due to the new PS Vita functionality announced earlier this week...

Lol, I'm european and the Vita is the first hardware I set to an US account as main.
That was relatively funny for a time, but if this continue I'm gonna cry (._. )

LOL -- had I known about the BS that SCEA was going to pull with PS3/PSV deals compared to the rest of the world, I'd have made my PS3 account default to EU when I first created it.

patsu

Yeah had fun with it also. Hope bend is working on sequel.

I am interested in Bend's next game too, not necessarily a sequel to Uncharted. ^_^

LOL -- had I known about the BS that SCEA was going to pull with PS3/PSV deals compared to the rest of the world, I'd have made my PS3 account default to EU when I first created it.

I was just thinking about it the other day. 8^P

But your exchange rate would have killed me. Still thinking whether I should create an EU PSN account for Vita at this point.

Rasec

Woo hooo!
Psone games are up and running on the european store.
List is huge. Guess it's the one that was already posted here.
Still, i don't see any sale there, or at least some mention of price cuts.

patsu

Woo hooo!
Psone games are up and running on the european store.
List is huge. Guess it's the one that was already posted here.
Still, i don't see any sale there, or at least some mention of price cuts.

If he's still busy negotiating with someone, he won't be able to release the promo so quickly. Probably line up a series of marketing for the rest of the year.

I am interested in Bend's next game too, not necessarily a sequel to Uncharted. ^_^

I was just thinking about it the other day. 8^P

But your exchange rate would have killed me. Still thinking whether I should create an EU PSN account for Vita at this point.

I'd like to see what Bend can do, especially since I thought Uncharted GA was better than the lauded Uncharted 2.

And I'm sure the exchange rate would be bad, but even with the exchange difference, I'd still probably be saving money.

If he's still busy negotiating with someone, he won't be able to release the promo so quickly. Probably line up a series of marketing for the rest of the year.

At least there's someone negotiating something for you. Unlike the brainless morons in charge of SCEA.

patsu

I'd like to see what Bend can do, especially since I thought Uncharted GA was better than the lauded Uncharted 2.

And I'm sure the exchange rate would be bad, but even with the exchange difference, I'd still probably be saving money.

I need to check the rates again. I don't think so if the exchange rate is like 2 years ago when I traveled to EU.

At least there's someone negotiating something.

^_^

I wonder what SCEA is working on. Need to be something exciting to offset all the negative feelings they harbor for Vita.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You're not alone but I still have a hard time convincing myself to jump back.

There are a few games that have me at the tipping point, but the upcoming lineup paired with SCEA and their lack of drive for this system has me swaying the other direction.

bwahahaha

wait for a price drop or big sale

I can get a great deal on CL if I hunt for it. 32 gig card + 3 games + system for $280 for one I saw. It's not even the price I'm worried about, it's the things I said above...I need a better outlook in future titles. LBP Vita is NOT enough for me.

Vitacat

The issue is that most of those games came out at launch. It's a desert for the foreseeable future.

Here are some off the top of my head:

NFS MW
LBP
Persona 4
AC
Killzone
COD (tho it might suck)
Tearaway
Ragnarok Odyssey
PS AllStars
Sly Cooper

Probably missing some, and no doubt more are to come.

I need to check the rates again. I don't think so if the exchange rate is like 2 years ago when I traveled to EU.

^_^

I wonder what SCEA is working on. Need to be something exciting to offset all the negative feelings they harbor for Vita.

Digital Lumines would have been $31.30; It's still $5 less than here.
And SCEA isn't working on anything. Don't kid yourself. If their strategy to promote the device is to harangue customers calling for PS3 warranty support, I think their sales aren't going to be increasing any time soon.

Here are some off the top of my head:

NFS MW
LBP
Persona 4
AC
Killzone
COD (tho it might suck)
Tearaway
Ragnarok Odyssey
PS AllStars
Sly Cooper

Probably missing some, and no doubt more are to come.

You gotta remember a couple things with that list.
(1) Not everyone is interested in the large majority of those games. Personally, I'll get KZ if it's good, and might buy P4G and Ragnarok Odyssey. The rest are of no interest, even with cross-buy on the last 2.
(2) Sly Cooper was delayed into 2013 and KZ doesn't have a date yet (sometime in 2013, I'd wager). Not sure on NFS MW either.

Just something to remember.

zroid

Banned
Eh? Here are some off the top of my head:

NFS MW
LBP
Persona 4
AC
Killzone
COD (tho it might suck)
Tearaway
Ragnarok Odyssey
PS AllStars

Man, I wish I were more interested in those games. So envious of you guys. D:

The only thing there I really want is Persona 4 and maybe Tearaway, but that's not 2012, is it?

Also Virtue's Last Reward.

patsu

I5uJY.jpg

and then add these...

qVigB.jpg

VITA HAS NO GAMEZ!!!1!

What are we to do?

Vita is interesting because it straddles between the old and new worlds. Sony and partners should seize the opportunity to carve a new path for the Playstation family. That's what I hope to see.

As for PSOne classics, I saw quite a few posts about FFIX. Which is "greater" ? FFVII or FFIX ?

EDIT:
Digital Lumines would have been $31.30; It's still $5 less than here.
And SCEA isn't working on anything. Don't kid yourself. If their strategy to promote the device is to harangue customers calling for PS3 warranty support, I think their sales aren't going to be increasing any time soon.

8^O

Need to do some math this weekend.

don't forget about the smash hit spy hunter coming 10/09

As for PSOne classics, I saw quite a few posts about FFIX. Which is "greater" ? FFVII or FFIX ?

I feel it's hard to compare since I love them both, but I feel the gameplay and characters in FFVII are superior while the story in IX is better. I only liked a few of the characters in IX, sadly, and even then they were almost all side characters. <3 Steiner and Beatrix.

Kazerei

Banned
Vita is interesting because it straddles between the old and new worlds. Sony and partners should seize the opportunity to carve a new path for the Playstation family. That's what I hope to see.

Definitely FFIX

Edit: In terms of presentation and scope, FFVII was groundbreaking, and then FFVIII and FFIX improved upon it. Story and characters in FFIX are the best of the three IMO. Battle system isn't weird like FFVIII, it's pretty well balanced in FFIX. I'd say FFIX is sort of classic FF in spirit and modern FF in style, if that makes any sense. Best of both worlds.

Edit2: You know what, forget FFVII and FFIX. Do yourself a favor and play FFIV. The PSP version is available on Vita's PSN store.

patsu

Definitely FFIX

Why ?

The only old-time FF I played was FFVIII. Gave up right outside the final boss's gate. ^_^
Next one was FFXIII. Was quite a pain although I liked Gran Pulse.
I liked FFXIII 2 though.

I feel it's hard to compare since I love them both, but I feel the gameplay and characters in FFVII are superior while the story in IX is better. I only liked a few of the characters in IX, sadly, and even then they were almost all side characters. <3 Steiner and Beatrix.

Ok. May check it out after FFVII.

EDIT:

8^O

Need to do some math this weekend.

Just google the price with the Euro or Pound sign in front and it will tell you the US equivalent... both came back as 31.30 when I just did it based on the current exchange rate... so when it was on sale, it was still cheaper than US. And when MGS (PSX) was on sale for &#8364;4.99, that was $6.25 -- a good ~$3.75 cheaper than it's ever been in the US store.

And with FF games, it depends. If you like FFIV or FFVI, you'd probably like FFIX better than FFVII. IX was kind of a throw back to the IV and VI games while VII and VIII were trying to move more towards what it has become now (more realistic, etc.).

They're all good and they're all different. Even FFVIII which gets way too much undeserved hate, IMO. Well, at least when talking about FF games prior to the PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom