• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Help me buy stuff guys...is Umjammer Lammy just as good as Parappa? Maybe better? Or just a different kind of game altogether...

ksimm

It's up on the EU PSN Vita store.

So Robocod works? Didn't when I tried it earlier (EU PSN via PS3) today.

Sure does, and my pics do it no justice but I'm impressed with how PS One games look on the Vita.

Normal

jpond1.jpg

Stretched

jpond2.jpg

RpgN

Hold power button for 30 seconds.

It may or may not help. Just a simple workaround for some unexplained bugs sometimes.

I've tried restart and updating the database, nothing helps. Before trying both options, Near was giving me problems. Whenever I try to update Near it would send my location but then after that it says an error has occurred, not finishing the update. Now it also doesn't show the stats on Live Area. Great, Near is busted for some reason and I'm not getting any notifications on top of it.

Shinriji said:
I received a notification today that you hearted my activity. When I checked the time of your post, it was yesterday, almost a day earlier. So I think that this delay is some glitch that will be fixed on future firmwares.

This sucks, it should have worked as intended from the start.

I've tried restart and updating the database, nothing helps. Before trying both options, Near was giving me problems. Whenever I try to update Near it would send my location but then after that it says an error has occurred, not finishing the update. Now it also doesn't show the stats on Live Area. Great, Near is busted for some reason and I'm not getting any notifications on top of it.

Were you updating Near over 3G? I remember seeing some complaints of problems with that a while ago. But it was always 3G related.

orioto

Good Art™
It's working now, i could redownload vagrant story from the vita. I'm disapointed there isn't the only fucking screen option i wanted -_- Why this normal mode isn't vertically fullscreen ? What's the point ? I just want a proper ratio full screen :( Fucking Sony.

Oh wait i understood myself.. The normal mode is meant to be vertically full screen right But the pal version has black bars... It's not even vertically centered..

see5harp

Were you updating Near over 3G? I remember seeing some complaints of problems with that a while ago. But it was always 3G related.

Once I had gotten that error, it would error on wifi as well. It was fixed as a stealth update a few updates ago and I haven't gotten the error since.

Sid

After looking at the list of games in the psp genesis collection i hope sega considers porting this to the vita

250px-Sonic_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection.jpg

Toad

Neo Member
Just bought Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, Parasite Eve II, Resident Evil 2, Silent Hill, Tekken, Tomb Raider II, Vagrant Story and WipEout.

Nostalgia played absolutely no part in that decision and I'm not trying to relive my youth or anything. Honest. Oops.

patsu

In the early days (@ launch), a Near failure/corruption like what you experienced means your storage may be kaput. I think someone fixed their problem by restoring to system default (and may be reformatting the card ? I am not sure).

I am not sure if your case is similar to theirs.

I have seen similar complains by WiFi Vita too. The early VitaOS probably crashed and corrupted some system configs (in system memory or memcard).

I have not seen the complain for a long time now though.

RpgN

In the early days (@ launch), a Near failure/corruption like what you experienced means your storage may be kaput. I think someone fixed their problem by restoring to system default (and may be reformatting the card ? I am not sure).

I am not sure if your case is similar to theirs.

Oh god. Say it ain't so. I had to do that in the past as well. Near was giving me trouble back then but it was a different kind of problem. There is now a weird blue colour around Near icon if it means anything. It's like it has no trouble obtaining my information, but when it's trying to send the location data, I get a message telling me an error has occured. Before all that problem happened, I kept turning the Vita on and off to get that menu (holding the button for 30 seconds didn't work), then I went to the Near settings menu and just looked around without changing anything. Suddenly Near wouldn't work after that. So it looks like I might have to restore the settings?

EDIT:

I can update my friends' progress on the Friends tab though.

BruiserBear said:

I have a Wi-Fi model :(

Skyzard

Banned
Btw the "normal" ps1 screen option..isn't to scale either I don't think....would like a fit-to-screen option. Are ps1 games running slower for you than when emulated on ps1? Someone said wipeout was slower..never tried it on my psp, which was the old v1 anyway...but sometimes I do get a hint of slowness...not sure if that is just how the games were on ps1 :S Hasn't really affected me yet though.

After looking at the list of games in the psp genesis collection i hope sega considers porting this to the vita

250px-Sonic_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection.jpg

Yep! I want all the classics sonics, including s&k.

And still no sale on the psone classics for the person asking...seems silly to start buying too many titles now with all this talk bout psone sales, especially if there is a 99p sale in the works..

My collection for now:

g1Dht.jpg

-Digital Limbo: FF 7-9, MGS and Gex 1-2 [Although I've freed up about 1.6GB, possibly for FFVII]
-Sale: Crash Bandicoot 2-3, Jumping Flash, Abe's Oddworld titles, GaiaSeed and RRT4
-Missing from store: Spyro (coming soon), Cool boarders 3, twisted metal 2, SotN, Einhander, Ape Escape, Gran Turismo, Warhawk.

Rasec

Well we've been teased with the promise of PS1 deals all day and nothing seems to have gone up yet.

"And, as announced, over 100 PSone games launch today for PS Vita, some of which are going for 99p."
Now i don't know if i should buy or wait! T_T

Damn, europe is on a roll. we don't get a bad dose os psone games and now we have this beta. thanks for the tip.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Oh gosh, the 100 bubble limit needs to go away soon!
Really need folders in here.

I'd also like the layout not to be reset when I switch cards so I could have a dedicated PSX card.

Skyzard

Banned
I want to see Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout 3 soon in the EU store. Are they available in other stores?

Nope...licensing issues most likely why, according to other people. I also want them.

The PSP European version is VITA compatible.
Sega Mega Drive Collection [PSP] (Full Game) 9.99€

Normal version is missing quite a few titles iirc. Eg Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles.

Oh gosh, the 100 bubble limit needs to go away soon!
Really need folders in here.

I'd also like the layout not to be reset when I switch cards so I could have a dedicated PSX card.

I thought with 1.80 you couldn't use multiple accounts or cards anymore? Well, according to the gaming blogs.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I thought with 1.80 you couldn't use multiple accounts or cards anymore? Well, according to the gaming blogs.
Nah.
You just can't use one card and have two different accounts using it.
You can still switch accounts and use two different cards.
Or use one account and two cards linked to the same account.

Speaking of Vagrant Story, does anyone remember which monster types the Crossbow is bad against? the FAQ I looked at didn't have the info on it. I love using them but don't want to waste time building it up on a monster type that it sucks against.

Famassu

Alundra isn't downloadable on Vita. ò_ó Who do I have to kill for this blunder? The single most important game to have working (through Vita) and it doesn't. ;__;

Vossler

Speaking of Vagrant Story, does anyone remember which monster types the Crossbow is bad against? the FAQ I looked at didn't have the info on it. I love using them but don't want to waste time building it up on a monster type that it sucks against.

If I remember correctly, it does piercing damage, which is usually good against dragons/beasts. I think I used mine exclusively for beasts, just so I could always trap those annoying bats with the largest radius ball. I can double check my current save tonight and let you know.

If I remember correctly, it does piercing damage, which is usually good against dragons/beasts. I think I used mine exclusively for beasts, just so I could always trap those annoying bats with the largest radius ball. I can double check my current save tonight and let you know.

Oh nice! Ok man, thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!

I bought FFVII, MGS and couple of other games way back for PSP, and now tried to download them again from the PSN store. Vita complains 'cannot download using ps vita system' for everything else except for MGS...

Maybe I have missed some discussion about that here, but I would like to know what is going on? (EU)

Alundra isn't downloadable on Vita. ò_ó Who do I have to kill for this blunder? The single most important game to have working (through Vita) and it doesn't. ;__;

this apparently works on ps3 to download then transfer, if you have access to one

no excuse for it to not be up, though there is at least a workaround

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom