• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehawk

Banned
Just grabbed a really cool shot of Virtua Tennis 4 and thought I would share.

jLzhMkYQM6X8q.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have a question about account changing, i have a second memory stick, how to change the account with the new firmware?

So when will I be able to download FFVII on my PS Vita? Right now it just says that I can't download it on my PS Vita. Is this gonna change? I hope because otherwise I'm gonna demand a refund!

Its a common issue. It will work after a while. Prob later today.

Its happened with PSP games in the past that have been newly added. I got Ys Seven the day it was added and it said the same thing till the next day where it let me download it. You havn't lost your money... it will work... just give it some time and try not to panic.

OK i have a few questions. 3 infact.

The first is about avatars bought from the vita store. I had like 80p sitting there on my account and so I got an avatar (unit 13 one I think) This was a couple of weeks ago. Howevber everytime I try and download it I get an error message. (letter and numbers one). Is this a common issue?

question 2. About persona 3 portable.

If im in tatarus can my party become tired? Im on block 2 and they all started saying they are and that we should go rest.... however if I check there status they are all still fine. So is there any penalty for just pushing through each block in one sitting rather than resting now and then. I did block 1 in one sitting and didn't notice any decline?

Question 3. About Daxter

Im about 59% through or so.
Just did lumber mill 2 I think. Where You destroy the nests and kill the bug queen. The minor dude says you can go now. I jump in the warp and return back to town. However the glowey light that tells you where to go next is still at the same place. However all 3 options for the warp are completed levels? Am I just being dumb or something?

mandiller

I still can't download FFIX onto my Vita even though it's in the shop (Australia). What the hell Sony. Fix this.

Is there any place with official word on this problem or someone to contact?

sitting there on my account and so I got an avatar (unit 13 one I think) This was a couple of weeks ago. Howevber everytime I try and download it I get an error message. (letter and numbers one). Is this a common issue?

If im in tatarus can my party become tired? Im on block 2 and they all started saying they are and that we should go rest.... however if I check there status they are all still fine. So is there any penalty for just pushing through each block in one sitting rather than resting now and then. I did block 1 in one sitting and didn't notice any decline?

P3P is actually somewhat broken in this respect. You don't hear many complaints about it as it is in the player's favour, but the tiredness system is busted. In the original your team got more and more tired as you progressed in a single Tartarus session, and their stats would suffer accordingly. They more or less removed that - you still rack up tiredness, but it only hits the next day when you leave Tartarus. They left the messages in though, which is confusing!

Means you can blast through the whole block in a night. Makes the game a little easy to my tastes, but the old system could be annoying.

Dantis

Nope, those things are just carried over from the original I believe. No getting tired any more.

P3P is actually somewhat broken in this respect. You don't hear many complaints about it as it is in the player's favour, but the tiredness system is busted. In the original your team got more and more tired as you progressed in a single Tartarus session, and their stats would suffer accordingly. They more or less removed that - you still rack up tiredness, but it only hits the next day when you leave Tartarus. They left the messages in though, which is confusing!

Means you can blast through the whole block in a night. Makes the game a little easy to my tastes, but the old system could be annoying.

Nope, those things are just carried over from the original I believe. No getting tired any more.

Cheers guys. That makes sense. Il pay no attention to the messages then.

I like being able to do a block in one go if I feel like it. Means I can split the game into to two chunks (the combat game and the social link game) and concentrate fully on each one at a time.

On a side note..... is it wrong that I love the music in this game lol. I keep tapping my foot away to it.

patsu

Cheers guys. That makes sense. Il pay no attention to the messages then.

I like being able to do a block in one go if I feel like it. Means I can split the game into to two chunks (the combat game and the social link game) and concentrate fully on each one at a time.

On a side note..... is it wrong that I love the music in this game lol. I keep tapping my foot away to it.

Don't forget to do Elizabeth's sidequests.

Don't forget to do Elizabeth's sidequests.

is that the person in the velvet room? Im playing as the girl (I play and then name female characters after my wife lol) Im guessing if you play as a male that persons a female?

And yeah im working on those. Im basically doing a block and any quests I get on the way then while im waiting for the next block to open I go back now and then to do side quests.

kiyomi

While on the subject of the browser is there any way to download an image straight from the Vita without it losing quality when used as a wallpaper?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I still can't download FFIX onto my Vita even though it's in the shop (Australia). What the hell Sony. Fix this.

Is there any place with official word on this problem or someone to contact?
Same problem here in EU with FFVII, VIII and IX :/.

To point out, Australia on PSN is sorted out by the EU branch, so they will have the same problem even though they aren't actually in the EU, lol.

But yea, they haven't enabled it for some reason, either they forgot to enable it for the FF games which is a bit daft considering, or it is actually something on Square Enixs side that they have to allow first ad haven't yet.
Hopefully it will be sorts soon though, they shouldn't let people buy it on the system if they won't let you download it.

Kazerei

Banned
Well ... fuck. I was playing Virtua Tennis 4 when I decided to close the application midway through a training session that was going poorly. Ended up corrupting and erasing ALL the data somehow. Wish I had made a backup at some point. *sigh*

I really hope the Vita browsers capabilities are due to browser optimization and not insufficient ram or something. People used to high end smartphones feel kinda spoiled. :p

kiyomi

^Do you download the right resolution?

Sure, I mean, I guess so. I was in google images, clicked it once to enlarge, then hold + save. Looks okay within the Photos app, but when I put it up as a wallpaper, it just looks bad.

Do I have to have the exact Vita resolution to get a good wallpaper quality or something?

(Not very tech savvy sorry)

patsu

Near works again after restoring the Vita to factory settings :( Not sure about notifications though.

Cool. Glad restoring fixed the issue.

I really hope the Vita browsers capabilities are due to browser optimization and not insufficient ram or something. People used to high end smartphones feel kinda spoiled. :p

Probably RAM limited.

Seems to be using this WebKit-based browser:
http://gl.access-company.com/products/browser/netfrontbrowsernx-2/

Their logos can be found here:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/notices.html

Sure, I mean, I guess so. I was in google images, clicked it once to enlarge, then hold + save. Looks okay within the Photos app, but when I put it up as a wallpaper, it just looks bad.

Do I have to have the exact Vita resolution to get a good wallpaper quality or something?

(Not very tech savvy sorry)

You should find 900x544 wallpapers. :) I havent had your problem, it could be that it lowers the resolution if you set it as background.

@Sid: I'm disappointed, coming from a gs2 :p

Sid

You should find 900x544 wallpapers. :) I havent had your problem, it could be that it lowers the resolution if you set it as background.

@Sid: I'm disappointed, coming from a gs2 :p
Cool i have a 4s but compared to that i just find that it is decent

Could be better and most importantly HTML5 support.
Yeah it could be but as it is now i find it to be decent,though more additions are welcome

Yap, alright in general, but have lot's of room for improvement. Besides AV tag, also need copy-n-paste and search within the page. ^_^
I think it has copy and paste,you can highlight by holding l or r and touching the screen and then copy,right?

Really?i find it to be good enough

Its OK. Il def hapily use it but there are some key changes that would make it a lot better.

Mainly:
• Youtube links that take you to the youtube app
• Copy / Paste
• Gyro so I can use it vertical if I want to

Thats the 3 big ones really. The back touch makes it really nice to use so with some changes like the ones I mention it would be really great.

edit

I think it has copy and paste,you can highlight by holding l or r and touching the screen and then copy,right?

really?

Sid

Its OK. Il def hapily use it but there are some key changes that would make it a lot better.

Mainly:
• Youtube links that take you to the youtube app
• Copy / Paste
• Gyro so I can use it vertical if I want to

Thats the 3 big ones really. The back touch makes it really nice to use so with some changes like the ones I mention it would be really great.

edit

really?
I know you can highlight text by doing that but if you can highlight you should be able to do that,i think

kiyomi

Really wish I could afford to import Project Diva. So badly want it, but Graces F is coming out and I'm stumped for cash. :(

Thanks TE, I'll see if I can get a hold of one that size..

Nevermind my last post, my euro CC got rejected by P-A and I paid by paypal. Should ship tomorrow.

I'm kinda thinking of getting DJMax too since we don't know the NA releasedate yet. :/

@Monosukoi: I preordered Graces f too :p

Rasec

Our emperor is back xP

Damn, didn't expected that the fear effect 2 psx game was almost 2gb. That caught me by surprise. Had to delete my videos and music so i could install it.

And, damn you newob for putting so much miku goodness videos on youtube.
my waiting for the game will kill me for sure ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom