• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

I am syncing my Vita now. Will try again.

EDIT: Okay, I can select the text now. Can't bring up any Copy or Cut menu though.

Our emperor is back xP

Damn, didn't expected that the fear effect 2 psx game was almost 2gb. That caught me by surprise. Had to delete my videos and music so i could install it.

And, damn you newob for putting so much miku goodness videos on youtube.
my waiting for the game will kill me for sure ;__;

Haha, it will take 2-3 weeks to arrive in our hands no? :p

I can,you need to hold the R shoulder button then swipe/drag on the area you want to highlight,open the mobile gaf site enter a thread and try it,i just did

No but i think there should be a way to copy and paste otherwise what would be the purpose of just highlighting then i.e. vita is doomed

damn... Vita not saved

yeah... why can you select it if you cant do anything with that selection... odd.

Shinriji

That's through PS3 only, right? Did that work with a PSP 1000, or just later levels?

I went ahead and bought Shock Troopers, because I just needed SOMETHING from this sale, lol.

Man, I want some beat-em-ups on my Vita. They could at least get the Capcom Classics collections available for download on Vita... and would LOVE for Monkeypaw to be able to get Panzer Bandit as a PS1 Import!

You can use the combo Vita/PS3 to play online via Ad-hoc Party. Of course, PS3 versions of NGS games has online play, but only the last 6 games (KOF 95, 96, MS2, BS2, Shock Troopers and World Heroes) has good netcode.

There is Gang Wars in the Minis section, is a very old SNK/Alpha beat em up, but it is kinda cool.

You have to buy a PS3 when it drops the price SAB, I want another friend to play old and new SNK games online (now that Fersis has forsaken me).

Rasec

Haha, it will take 2-3 weeks to arrive in our hands no? :p

Not sure. T_T
mine comes from amiami and with the accessory set also, it might take a little more than your copy from play-asia.
well, it will be a test for my patience xD
Knowing my luck it might arrive right before i get back to the university ;_; xP

magawolaz

IIRC Vita has split ram between game and OS. Something like 256+256MB
Considering how, while browsing, you can use 5 other apps, I believe it could have some RAM restriction.

We need Jeff_rigby.

Prozel

Until we get more games like Suikoden, Castlevania, Spyro etc. I woundn't make an EU account.

To be honest, if it wasn't because I bought a lot of games on my current account I would've switched to US.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I don't know if any of you knew this, but I just found that when you swipe the screen to scroll the page down in the web browser, if you hold your finger near the edge of the screen, it will continue scrolling till it reaches the bottom (or top if you swipe up ) . It works for the backtpuch as well. Wish I knew this sooner.

darkwing

just reposting here

http://andriasang.com/con2i1/vita_totori_screens/
7893706206_b881ab1978_z.jpg

7893706400_667fce44ca_z.jpg

7893718172_83f208c4fc_z.jpg

7893718360_51c853f663_z.jpg

7893718730_bf7f8cc5fa_z.jpg

7893718876_c1955040f7_z.jpg

7893719086_6d40978f23_z.jpg

Shinriji

New Atelier Totori Plus images

EDIT: beaten

Looks close to the PS3 version. This images shows some customization on Totori, and his sister Ceci (that was DLC on the PS3 version).

If all DLC is included, the game became a very attractive package.

Sid

IIRC Vita has split ram between game and OS. Something like 256+256MB
Considering how, while browsing, you can use 5 other apps, I believe it could have some RAM restriction.

We need Jeff_rigby.
It has 512mb RAM and 128mb VRAM and low level API's meaning devs can get close to the metal if they want

Vitacat

Gotta love Amazon.

I bought a 32GB Vita memory card Tuesday, and the price dropped to $72 the next day. So I asked if there was any price protection. They said no, but they would issue me an $8 refund anyway. How cool is that? =)

Granted, $72 is still twice as much as a typical 32GB SDHC, but way better than $100.

BTW, anyone who sent me friend requests... I had a bit of Vita trouble but will get around to it. My first Vita had a defective shoulder button. So I'm sending it back for refund. But I can't be Vita-less, so I bought the Madden bundle at Best Buy yesterday, and it's perfect. Plus I got a free $50 gift card and free Madden (which I intend to flip for about $25). Good deal I think, especially if you like Madden (I don't).

KalBalboa

Banned
I need PSN friends with Vita´s ... I only have 2 who owns a Vita, and they never play.. sad panda.. PSN: Hanmik

There's a laundry list in another thread where purple listed their games and PSN handle, I think. Having other Vita friends makes the console much funner to use thanks to party chat and the new activity feed stuff.

I don't know if any of you knew this, but I just found that when you swipe the screen to scroll the page down in the web browser, if you hold your finger near the edge of the screen, it will continue scrolling till it reaches the bottom (or top if you swipe up ) . It works for the backtpuch as well. Wish I knew this sooner.

yup it works on the OS as well. It was mentioned in thread 1 or 2 I seem to recall... always worth posting a reminder though as its not totally obvious.

edit

Oh hay im a member now... Yay me I guess.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
New Atelier Totori Plus images

EDIT: beaten

Looks close to the PS3 version. This images shows some customization on Totori, and his sister Ceci (that was DLC on the PS3 version).

If all DLC is included, the game became a very attractive package.
His? No way. I refuse to believe this.

For the browser, they are probably failing to make their mind up wether they want the browser to be good, or whether they want it to use so little memory that it can be run beside games. In failing to make up their mind, and to make matters worse, having the browser being developed by a, in my layman's perspective, not very competent (third) party, they are holding it back far too much. I hope Shuhei was serious and we'll see this improve.

Vitacat

For the browser, they are probably failing to make their mind up wether they want the browser to be good, or whether they want it to use so little memory that it can be run beside games. In failing to make up their mind, and to make matters worse, having the browser being developed by a, in my layman's perspective, not very competent (third) party, they are holding it back far too much. I hope Shuhei was serious and we'll see this improve.

Why not have both eventually? A full fledged browser that utilizes the Vita's resources, and a mini browser that can do basic FAQ reading that can run concurrently with games?

mauaus

Yep, why not include chrome?? or Dolphin HD?

patsu

Writing a browser is not easy. It's also very memory hungry if you want speed. The browser is optimized to use as little memory as possible so that you can run it in parallel with other apps. I am guessing the game will take up the largest chunk (256Mb ?). I am not sure how Vita virtual memory works. But I doubt the memcard is used for swap. On iOS, it's equal footing for all apps via the virtual memory subsystem.

Even if they port Chromium over, they need the underlying OS to support some basic features, like a clipboard for copy-and-paste. The Vita doesn't have these OS services. So Sony need to build 'em from scratch.

The most problematic is probably the redrawing and rendering. They have cleaned up the code a little, but for some layouts, the rendering bugs are still there. Some of these rendering artifacts look like it's caused by a threading renderer. This is something Sony can fix by synchronizing the render buffers. At the same time, I saw old bugs in WebKit 1. These are caused by the original WebKit developers.

Interesting thing is I see PS3 has a Chromium WebKit stack (the Youtube app) now. If it's there, perhaps someone can bring it over to Vita. But even so, it's not so stable yet. Wait some more.

patsu

Yes more bloat but if they port WebKit 2 over together with Chromium, it may be worth it, from surfing perspective, since the HTML5 support should be newer.

I wonder if the PS3 Youtube app supports AV tag.

Sol1dus

Its a common issue. It will work after a while. Prob later today.

Its happened with PSP games in the past that have been newly added. I got Ys Seven the day it was added and it said the same thing till the next day where it let me download it. You havn't lost your money... it will work... just give it some time and try not to panic.

OK i have a few questions. 3 infact.

The first is about avatars bought from the vita store. I had like 80p sitting there on my account and so I got an avatar (unit 13 one I think) This was a couple of weeks ago. Howevber everytime I try and download it I get an error message. (letter and numbers one). Is this a common issue?

question 2. About persona 3 portable.

If im in tatarus can my party become tired? Im on block 2 and they all started saying they are and that we should go rest.... however if I check there status they are all still fine. So is there any penalty for just pushing through each block in one sitting rather than resting now and then. I did block 1 in one sitting and didn't notice any decline?

Question 3. About Daxter

Im about 59% through or so.
Just did lumber mill 2 I think. Where You destroy the nests and kill the bug queen. The minor dude says you can go now. I jump in the warp and return back to town. However the glowey light that tells you where to go next is still at the same place. However all 3 options for the warp are completed levels? Am I just being dumb or something?

I try to push through each block in one go. If they're tired they can suck it up and rest the next day while I study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom