• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that tomba?...and its already up on vita store.

*michaelphelpsgoku.gif*

Somebody post that for me!

Here you go:
phelpsdragonballzpg1.gif

http://www.abload.de/img/ff6dip2f.jpg

Just don't know why those black borders at the top and bottom are there.

Yes, mine's like that too -- but if you notice the size of the bars are uneven (horizontal on top vs bottom), I think?
If that's true, then normal probably scales it 4:3 -- so the biggest they can do and scale perfectly to the aspect ratio is "Normal".
Not sure if they could (they might be able to) add a feature to just "stretch" vertically... though it might look funny if that's the case, more so than the "stretch" to widescreen ("Full").

dEvAnGeL

has anyone even wondered what does bestbuy does with the psvita games that people trade in? they're not on sale at the store or the website so what gives?

brainpann

Man, all this talk about eu an jP psn accounts. Since I have an extra 4gb memory card, I think I an going to make a Jp psn account for the psone titles. Is making a foreign account very hard?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
has anyone even wondered what does bestbuy does with the psvita games that people trade in? they're not on sale at the store or the website so what gives?

Mine died today. It's apparently being sent back to Sony.

Which also leads into:

You can't deactivate the system remotely. WTF. Unless I want to deactivate ALL my systems (something you can only do once every six months) you can't do it remotely. You have to CALL Sony. WTF. WTF. WTF. WTF!?!?!?!?!?!

So I have to call Sony in a little bit to deactivate my broken PSP2 and let me activate my replacement from Best Buy because I can't even ACCESS anything on this system because my PSP1 and the broken PSP2 are taking both "handheld" DRM slots.

DRM limits can blow me. :|

Yeah, it went up earlier. I had no clue as to what I was doing so I'm sure I screwed something up, but I used my backup 4 GB to get it(and other JP region demos).

But it's still good! I didn't like the touch controls/stars when they were first announced but I think the demo sold me on them.

Nice, where did you pre-order the game?

@brainpann: not hard at all, just follow a tutorial.

Here you go:
phelpsdragonballzpg1.gif

Yes, mine's like that too -- but if you notice the size of the bars are uneven (horizontal on top vs bottom), I think?
If that's true, then normal probably scales it 4:3 -- so the biggest they can do and scale perfectly to the aspect ratio is "Normal".
Not sure if they could (they might be able to) add a feature to just "stretch" vertically... though it might look funny if that's the case, more so than the "stretch" to widescreen ("Full").

FUCK YEAH THANK YOU

madmook

so IS there anyway to disable the rear touch inputs in PSOne titles?

Shit is driving me bonkers due to how I hold my Vita (fingers always wrapped around the back)
As of now, doesn't appear to be any way to disable rear touchpad functionality, and there's no other way to access L2/R2. Which is especially infuriating, because in this same firmware update they added a bunch of control mapping options to the PSP emulator.

winjet81

Instead of throwing a parade for getting all those PSX games on the store, Sony should have made sure that 100% of the PSP online titles were made compatible and placed on the Vita store.

That there's still a huge amount of titles sitting in limbo is a disgrace.

dEvAnGeL

Mine died today. It's apparently being sent back to Sony.

Which also leads into:

You can't deactivate the system remotely. WTF. Unless I want to deactivate ALL my systems (something you can only do once every six months) you can't do it remotely. You have to CALL Sony. WTF. WTF. WTF. WTF!?!?!?!?!?!

So I have to call Sony in a little bit to deactivate my broken PSP2 and let me activate my replacement from Best Buy because I can't even ACCESS anything on this system because my PSP1 and the broken PSP2 are taking both "handheld" DRM slots.

DRM limits can blow me. :|

you can deactivate any system you have thru their website individually

just log in, go to my devices, there will be a list of devices activated under your email and you can choose to deactivate the ones you want

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Very nice of them. We're a long ways away, but that's a hell of a lot better than 9.
A good number on that list I will purchase now.

See Sony, put them for sale, will download.

AwRy108

Instead of throwing a parade for getting all those PSX games on the store, Sony should have made sure that 100% of the PSP online titles were made compatible and placed on the Vita store.

That there's still a huge amount of titles sitting in limbo is a disgrace.

Agreed. There's a decent number of PSP titles that I have on UMD that I know would get a lot more play time if I could play them on the Vita's dual-analog setup and gorgeous screen. Such a bummer.

you can deactivate any system you have thru their website, it can only be used once every 6 months so be sure of what your doing

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action?request_locale=en_US

just log in, go to my devices, there will be a list of devices activated under your email and you can choose to deactivate the ones you want

You can deactivate everythang once every 6 months, deactivating them individually still requires you to boot up your devices and do it manually.

dEvAnGeL

You can deactivate everythang once every 6 months, deactivating them individually still requires you to boot up your devices and do it manually.
i just logged in in to the website and it gave me the option of deactivating any system i wanted individually, not all of them, i fixed my first post to reflect that, maybe this option was added recently?.... just give it a look, it might work as you need it now

Verelios

In for Grandia goodness. I'm just waiting now for Suikoden. Strange as it is, the only Suikoden I haven't played was the first one.

I've also never played FFV. First time for everything!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I managed to make it to the SPT finals and defeat King in my second world tour. All I have left for Virtua Tennis 4 are the mindnumbingly boring trophies and the online rank trophy. Speaking of which:

woO6Ol.jpg

Thanks guys. I'll make you proud.

i just logged in in to the website and it gave me the option of deactivating any system i wanted individually, not all of them, i fixed my first post to reflect that, maybe this option was added recently?.... just give it a look, it might work as you need it now

I tried it 2 weeks ago, it required me to do it manually. :)

patsu

I managed to make it to the SPT finals and defeat King in my second world tour. All I have left for Virtua Tennis 4 are the mindnumbingly boring trophies and the online rank trophy. Speaking of which:

woO6Ol.jpg

Thanks guys. I'll make you proud.

Hey, how do you see their IDs ? On my Vita, it only says "Someone likes your [blah]".

mauaus

Ok, so it's real ? Good job, but too late. Damage has already been done.

They could have avoided the debacle by telling us ahead of time. And will they continue to add more today, and everyday after ?

no need to be unreasonable...

I need to get around to grinding the VT4 online rank... uugghh i hate online grinding for trophies... :(

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Hey, how do you see their IDs ? On my Vita, it only says "Someone likes your [blah]".
I get the same thing, but when I touch the notification, it brings up the activity in question where I can see the people who liked and commented on my activity.

Holy shit. PSX support has killed my free space -- I have like 15 PSX games, 12 PSP games, and 3 Vita games and now I have 9gb or so free (13gb at the moment, less once I transfer MGS and FF8, FF9).

Considering digital Lumines still too... ouch.
At least I can delete some of these PSX games after the nostalgia goggles wear off. :lol

Vitacat

Good question. I guess they will have them out eventually.

Which reminds me, I still need to flip the Madden cart I got with my Madden bundle yesterday. Has anyone done that, and if so, how much did you get?

Rasec

A true hero.

Is it a backup 4GB card? I totally did it and am now enjoying JP-exclusive demos.

Yup, it was the card that came with my vita. my main card is 16gb. i was using the 16 to also get demos from my jp account but with this new lock thing i guess i'll use my 4gb.
but was thinking on giving a vita to gf sometime soon and give her the 4gb.
Guess i have to use it for my jp demos.

Sol1dus

^Uhm Gravity Rush IS on vita?

Also, does anybody know if you're able to add credits in the NEOGEO games that are on sale? I got Metal Slug and I"m pretty sure I'm not allowed to do it. >:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom