• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
just log in, go to my devices, there will be a list of devices activated under your email and you can choose to deactivate the ones you want

Bullshit

bullshit.jpg

WHAT FUCKING OPTION!?(on MS/XBL's account auto-renewal not being there).jpg

It's either "deactivate all your systems lolz" or "call us lolz."

They were supposed to do what you said but apparently they haven't which is totally bullshit for those times where your system dies and you CAN'T do it manually. Which I've had happen TWICE. Once on PS3 (and got a nasty phonecall about how it was my "one goodwill service") and this time (which thankfully they weren't nasty about). But both times are bullshit. iTunes has allowed remote deactivation of PC/Mac's tied to your account on the service since 2003, why the fuck can't Sony!?

My face when this situation:

(Also Lunch, note that in the first image even Sony calls it a "PSP2." Vindicated. :p)

Glix

i just logged in in to the website and it gave me the option of deactivating any system i wanted individually, not all of them, i fixed my first post to reflect that, maybe this option was added recently?.... just give it a look, it might work as you need it now

It just takes you to a page telling you how to deactivate it manually. You are not correct about this.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Mapping L-R camera to the right stick in PSP games is amazing, it feels great in Last Ranker at least.

What I'm not liking is how 'normal' view in the psx emulator doesn't look right, it makes the image tall but not proportionality wide. How hard is that to pull off?

Puppeteer? I'm pretty sure that's a console experience, y'know, since it's... ON A CONSOLE and all. ;)

I think you could argue Gravity Rush could be a console experience. :p

Hey! Do you know what I would like on the Vita? Simple brain trainers. Don't give me games like Angry Birds, today I spent an hour on a "guess the flag" game. Addictive, educative and fun. :)

Carl

Hey! Do you know what I would like on the Vita? Simple brain trainers. Don't give me games like Angry Birds, today I spent an hour on a "guess the flag" game. Addictive, educative and fun. :)

Smart As is that kind of thing, no? Out later this year, voiced by John Cleese

Massa

Bullshit

WHAT FUCKING OPTION!?(on MS/XBL's account auto-renewal not being there).jpg

It's either "deactivate all your systems lolz" or "call us lolz."

They were supposed to do what you said but apparently they haven't which is totally bullshit for those times where your system dies and you CAN'T do it manually. Which I've had happen TWICE. Once on PS3 (and got a nasty phonecall about how it was my "one goodwill service") and this time (which thankfully they weren't nasty about). But both times are bullshit. iTunes has allowed remote deactivation of PC/Mac's tied to your account on the service since 2003, why the fuck can't Sony!?

My face when this situation:

(Also Lunch, note that in the first image even Sony calls it a "PSP2." Vindicated. :p)

What's the problem with deactivating all systems, then activating the PS3 and the new Vita?

Also your post was terribly confusing for me as I have a script that replaces PSP2 for PSV every time you type it wrong. :)

Carl

What's the problem with deactivating all systems, then activating the PS3 and the new Vita?

Also your post was terribly confusing for me, as I have a script that replaces PSP2 for PSV every time you type it wrong. :)

Because then he'd have nothing to complain about :p

Glix

Can you re-activate a system you have already de-activated? I don't think so but if you could that would be awesome.

This is relevant to my interests due to not fully understanding what I was getting into with game sharing years and years ago and now I want these accounts off my PSN.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Can you re-activate a system you have already de-activated? I don't think so but if you could that would be awesome.

This is relevant to my interests due to not fully understanding what I was getting into with game sharing years and years ago and now I want these accounts off my PSN.

De-activated systems are never truly de-activated.
They are just removed from the site and a new slot opens.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Theoretically, you could have a ton of activated systems

Glix

Mapping L-R camera to the right stick in PSP games is amazing, it feels great in Last Ranker at least.

What I'm not liking is how 'normal' view in the psx emulator doesn't look right, it makes the image tall but not proportionality wide. How hard is that to pull off?

It is an optical illusion created by the black bars. If you look at the sides as you switch between orig and normal you will see it gets wider.

Skyzard

Banned
I haven't really stretched out too many games but some of them don't look too bad you know... I'll take some photos later but you'll have to take my word for it for now (if you're in NA) but even Crash Bandicoot..Gex...these platformers still look good stretched out. Makes crash even more cute :p How's spyro?

Most other games I don't mind in Normal..wipeout in original for now.
But I also would appreciate a proportional stretch-to-screen - which normal isn't (quite).

edit: although having come back, it doesn't really bother me...the most useful thing would be to select what to crop off in full-screen mode...as it looks so much better than wide

Glix

Okay sweet. I am going to remove everything and then re-add my PS3, Vita, and PSP much later tonight (fantasy draft). I will report back to this thread with the results. I am very happy about this, thanks guys.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It is an optical illusion created by the black bars. If you look at the sides as you switch between orig and normal you will see it gets wider.
Eh...it definitely gets wider, but the ratio isn't 1:1 with the 'original' view.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Because you can only do that once every six months. What happens if the PSP2 replacement I have breaks itself again if I went that route? The previous didn't allow the touch-screen NOR buttons to respond. How the hell could I deactivate it manually? That's my point! They want you to manually deactivate the system which is fine when the system isn't broken but when it is it's a PITA to call them because they don't allow you to do it remotely to where when it's fixed it gets a "LOL NO YOU AREN'T ACTIVATED ON THIS ACCOUNT ANYMORE" signal.

That's what I'm bitching about. Their method is "once every six months" which like the 360 DRM option (which is once a year) is stupid because if your system breaks again you're hosed. They BOTH make DRM a PITA the manage and I hate it. Why the hell can they not get on Apple's level and make it at least painless and DIY. The "DIY" option they have locks you out for a bit. Why? WHY!?

(Also all these stretched PSX emulator images make my skin crawl. WHY.jpg would you do that. And ASPECT RATIO.jpg)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Because you can only do that once every six months. What happens if the PSP2 replacement I have breaks itself again if I went that route? The previous didn't allow the touch-screen NOR buttons to respond. How the hell could I deactivate it manually? That's my point! They want you to manually deactivate the system which is fine when the system isn't broken but when it is it's a PITA to call them because they don't allow you to do it remotely to where when it's fixed it gets a "LOL NO YOU AREN'T ACTIVATED ON THIS ACCOUNT ANYMORE" signal.
You're so close. Just one letter.

P90

I have filled up my 16 GB card. I don't want to trade in/out mem cards, so I ordered a 32 GB card from Amazon ($71.00 fyi) . I can just sync via PC with my new card, right? Is it worthwhile/$-sensical to try to sell my 16 GB card to Gamestop? Thx for any advice.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
PSP2. PSP2. PSP2. PSP2. You mad? :p

Seriously though, the DRM scheme is STUPID. And I really loathe it.
It's taking all of my willpower not to reach into my laptop and strangle you.

How many systems can you have activated? I thought the limit was five--so a PS3, a PSP, a broken Vita, and then a replacement Vita would still be within the limit, right?

I have filled up my 16 GB card. I don't want to trade in/out mem cards, so I ordered a 32 GB card from Amazon ($71.00 fyi) . I can just sync via PC with my new card, right? Is it worthwhile/$-sensical to try to sell my 16 GB card to Gamestop? Thx for any advice.

A refurbished 16GB card goes for $50 on Gamestop's site, so you'd probably get around $20-$25 if you trade it in... do you think that's worth it?

Massa

That's what I'm bitching about. Their method is "once every six months" which like the 360 DRM option (which is once a year) is stupid because if your system breaks again you're hosed. They BOTH make DRM a PITA the manage and I hate it. Why the hell can they not get on Apple's level and make it at least painless and DIY. The "DIY" option they have locks you out for a bit. Why? WHY!?

(Also all these stretched PSX emulator images make my skin crawl. WHY.jpg would you do that. And ASPECT RATIO.jpg)

If you happen to run out of activations again and are still within the 6 month limit THEN you call them to do it manually and bitch here about having to call them. Seems like you're stressing yourself over absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom