• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

Quick question:
When I'm in my wifi settings I see my PS3 being listed as a access point, does this mean I can get wifi via my PS3? Thanks in advance

Yes, but only for RemotePlay. I don't think PS3 will route your Vita traffic.

Hmm... perhaps also for adhoc play if you run Adhoc Party on the PS3.

GRRAAAAGHSJGNVFASD

I CAN NEVER GET THE DAMN CARTRIDGE SLOT OPEN BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY NAILS

sorry i just hate this shit

EDIT: fuck it I shoved a piece of cardboard in it and pulled

Kazerei

Banned
Quick question for people who own a physical version of Virtua Tennis 4. Has the game data ever erased itself on you? Because it has happened to me TWICE now. I don't know if I got a bum copy or if the game is just glitchy. I wish I could just back up the save on to PC.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Quick question for people who own a physical version of Virtua Tennis 4. Has the game data ever erased itself on you? Because it has happened to me TWICE now. I don't know if I got a bum copy or if the game is just glitchy. I wish I could just back up the save on to PC.
That's never happened to me, and as somebody who has spent ages leveling up my stats and unlocking costumes, I'm incredibly sorry to hear that. I have a digital version of the game, so I'm not equipped to answer your question, but there may be a problem with your cart. I haven't heard of any save problems.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
GRRAAAAGHSJGNVFASD

Hah, I don't have any nails either, so I usually just use my power up rewards or Acme card to open it.

Shit sucks.

So, i´m having way more fun with Army Corps of Hell than i thought i could have...i bought it just to reach the free delivery limit in amazon uk lol, but it´s quite fun, full of goofy humor, easy to grasp but hard to master, seems quite long too, and the platinum looks doable.

Yeah, is really poor in the tech side, sure, but for under 15 €, well worth the money.

I've always just used the actual card I'm putting in, never had a problem :p

I'm trying to figure out for the life of me how to do this, but it's hard to process shit when you're exhausted and it's 3 AM. ): How do you manage to do this? The game cards are too thick for me to really get in the slot to pull it up.

This wouldn't be happening if I could find my tweezers. sadglsng

EDIT: ACK WHAT THE HELL I GOT IT

I'm trying to figure out for the life of me how to do this, but it's hard to process shit when you're exhausted and it's 3 AM. ): How do you manage to do this? The game cards are too thick for me to really get in the slot to pull it up.

This wouldn't be happening if I could find my tweezers. sadglsng

EDIT: ACK WHAT THE HELL I GOT IT

You do push them first, right?

whitehawk

Banned
GRRAAAAGHSJGNVFASD

Seriously? You barely need any nails at all to open it. I just tried opening it with a nail (middle finger!) that was really short, that I just trimmed. Still very easy to open. There's barely any nail on that finger right now.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Seriously? You barely need any nails at all to open it. I just tried opening it with a nail (middle finger!) that was really short, that I just trimmed. Still very easy to open.
I was going to say the same thing, but it seems like everybody in this thread has finger issues, so I decided to against it. The Vita card slot is fairly easy to open, and I just cut my fingernails two days ago.

Megatron

All this MGS news is making me want to replay the games, but I have a question about transfarring: I'll get one of the Vita games now, but if I get one of the PS3 games later can I synch trophies without issue?

You'll be fine, but I think you need to make sure your VIta is connected to the internet when you create your save. I remember seeing a message about that when I started mine up. I ignored it since I was on a plane, but I started over from the begining when I got home and was connected to a network, but I haven't checked to see if it worked.

I was going to say the same thing, but it seems like everybody in this thread has finger issues, so I decided to against it. The Vita card slot is fairly easy to open, and I just cut my fingernails two days ago.

same here. I never have issues and I keep my nails short. I can only guess there are a lot of nail bitters here that have REALLY short nails.

HAve we got a date for when PS Mobile is arriving?

PS1 support came 1 month before fall, so PS Mobile comes 1 month before autumn? (november)

soon as possible would be best lol. Im really looking forward to being able to play those sort of games on my vita along with everything else it offers. I quite like a lot of the IOS games but I just feel my iphone is a tad to small (with terrible battery and heat control for gaming) and I cant justify getting my self a tablet when I have a Vita and my wife has her own tablet which I could borrow now and then if needed.

Is there a list of the 30 games they are releasing on day one?

Are there 30 games coming? PS Mobile should bring us a lot of educative brain trainer games. They're so simple yet addictive.

yeah at the announcement they said it will release with 30. They said the same at gamescon. In the montage they showed it even had lemmings. I cant remember what else was in there though.

I really want games like Civ Rev to come on there as they work great on touch screen and the vita is the perfect weight and size combo for me.

edit

here is the video they showed at Gamescon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tor_Cdef0Ac&feature=player_embedded#!

Thanks for the video, Sony montages always rock. I would like Civ Rev too, I just want a strategy game :p

Hopefully these games will be between free-4.99 :)

@hanmik gonna get that :)

patsu

The new Xperia phones are pretty impressive. High performance, Screen Mirroring, water resistant, sleek media applications (more feature-rich than Vita apps), and PS Mobile support.

Wonder if it's possible to add Screen Mirroring to Vita. Probably not. 8^/

The new Xperia phones are pretty impressive. High performance, Screen Mirroring, water resistant, sleek media applications (more feature-rich than Vita apps), and PS Mobile support.

Even PSP had screen mirroring. :p

Autofokus

I have a physical copy, played the game for 30+ hours without any save problems. I looked at the box and the front cover doesn't mention that a memory card is necessary (most of my other retail games do), so I assume the game saves directly onto the gamecard. I suspect yours maybe faulty.

Its def possible but prob wont happen till PS4 is out. I guess they think it would take away PS3 sales if you could play vita on a tv.

I read somewhere as well that there already have a lot of devs signed up to make games for PS Mobile as well so hopefully it will kick off. That way Il be able to get the best of both worlds when it comes to ps mobile and IOS. Although if PS Mobile kicked off enough id be tempted to get a ps mobile certified phone but im not so sure they rest of its functions would better the iPhones.

Time will tell I guess.

imjust1n

Banned
Ok im trying to figure this out. I have an older user name that I downloaded some PSone Classics on they are not in the PSN store for the Vita so I have to transfer them through the PS3. Problem is that they are under a nother user name is it possible to put games I already bought paid money for and transfer them to my vita Im having troubles in doing that.

panda21

Is new little kings story out in the UK?

i've seen various websites list it as coming in october, already released in May, just released two weeks ago and out of stock.

its not on the PSN so i assume not but you never know with sony.

Is new little kings story out in the UK?

i've seen various websites list it as coming in october, already released in May, just released two weeks ago and out of stock.

its not on the PSN so i assume not but you never know with sony.

Konami Digital Entertainment has announced that New Little King's Story, a PS Vita game featuring a brand new storyline and online functionality, is scheduled to be available on September 27th, 2012, priced 39,99€.

Shinriji

Playing the shit out of SNK games. DAT OLED and DAT directional buttons is the dream of any SNK portable fan. Even more elaborate moves ccomes out easily. But kinda sad that there is a small loading in every match (KOF96), and not seamless than the PS3 version.

But the opening of the NGS PSP (that is very different than the PS3 version) worth the double dip.

Also playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Want to kill the programmer that had the brilliant idea of putting a huge sidequest right in the beginning of the game, that you can't save once you start. Yeah, they warn you before you enter, but the damn sidequest is so huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom