• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalBalboa

Banned
What do you mean? You mean not transferable from PS3? I downloaded from Vita store and it runs fine.

There are some games you can download directly from the PSN but can't copy from a PS3.

It's a weird mess, but at least the games are there and grandfather in properly.

Finally got my first Vita platinum! Uncharted: Golden Abyss, I finished the game months ago but finally got around to getting all the trophies now I have plats in all the Uncharted games.

about_crunch_bar_426x185.png

You... you've earned it.

There are some games you can download directly from the PSN but can't copy from a PS3.

It's a weird mess, but at least the games are there and grandfather in properly.

about_crunch_bar_426x185.png

You... you've earned it.

They did that with some PSP titles too, I just don't understand it.

That is my favorite Bill Murray joke of all time.

they had to change a lot, because they made a deal with JOHN CLEESE to voice the game, in the version I have there is a female voice, which works, but isn´t perfect..

Wait.... REALLY?! John Cleese?! OMFG IT IS TRUE

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/13/john-cleese-is-the-voice-of-ps-vitas-smart-as/

I was interested in this game before but being an ENORMOUS Python fan, I will definitely get this just to hear Mr. Cleese mock me as I fail miserably at the harder difficulties.

Nope. Unlike MS (which took a while) you can't delete 0gs/0% off your list. Yes, it's stupid. Yes, I have Pain on my list and want it gone. No I can't do it. :(

I bought Pain with free wallet funds once because it looked like mindless fun, but then I realized it was basically all microtransactions.

Fuck.

Vitacat

Nope. Unlike MS (which took a while) you can't delete 0gs/0% off your list. Yes, it's stupid. Yes, I have Pain on my list and want it gone. No I can't do it. :(

OK, thanks. It's not a huge deal, but would be nice if Sony let us delete games from trophies someday. At least those at 0%. >_<

Ran across this randomly in the Amazon Marketplace on a lead from CAG that the 32GBs were on sale for $71.99.

n6EwI.png

It's sometimes a roll of the die with some of these Marketplace sellers when the price is REALLY low.
They got my money, hopefully they come through.
I did notice though that 2 minutes after my purchase, the item disappeared from their inventory and isn't listed in the Marketplace links anymore.

Vitacat

Does NA PSN usually have sales on Labor Day?

Would hate to buy some DD games right now only to see them on sale on Monday.

Ran across this randomly in the Amazon Marketplace on a lead from CAG that the 32GBs were on sale for $71.99.

n6EwI.png

It's sometimes a roll of the die with some of these Marketplace sellers when the price is REALLY low.
I did notice though that 2 minutes after my purchase, the item disappeared from their inventory and isn't listed in the Marketplace links anymore.

Definitely a mistake. That's the price for 16GB from Amazon, I believe.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Still can't believe I got a 32gb for $39 because of a mess-up, deal of the century.

Young Magus

n6EwI.png

This made me check on Amazon and I found a 32gb Memory stick (used) for about $53 :D

ZeroAKA

I just got back from the IT place at my college, and it looks like I might actually be able to connect my Vita to campus Wifi this year. They just need to register my MAC address. I guess I'll still be able to go all-digital.

Still can't believe I got a 32gb for $39 because of a mess-up, deal of the century.
Still can't believe I canceled my order. ;_;

I'm still mulling over what to spend this $25 GS giftcard on. I keep going back to Lumines:ES for $11 out of pocket, but I don't know. :\

--

What data is shared between PSVita and PS3 copies of BBCSE?

Grinchy

Banned
I'm still mulling over what to spend this $25 GS giftcard on. I keep going back to Lumines:ES for $11 out of pocket, but I don't know. :\

--

What data is shared between PSVita and PS3 copies of BBCSE?

If you like LittleBigPlanet, you might want to hold off until it comes out. I thought the beta showed a ton of promise for the full game. I'm even buying a digital copy because I know I'll want to keep it for a while and always be able to access it.

If you like LittleBigPlanet, you might want to hold off until it comes out. I thought the beta showed a ton of promise for the full game. I'm even buying a digital copy because I know I'll want to keep it for a while and always be able to access it.

I'm sure it'll be good, but I've been LBP'ed out. After 1 and 2 (and quickly trying and deleting the PSP game), I'm set and don't really need LBP, which leaves me looking at (maybe) Ragnarok Odyssey, SFxT, and P4G as my next potential retail Vita purchases. I think Lumines or UMvC3 would be good to own digitally, the question is "will the be a sale on a digital Lumines or UMvC3 in the near future?" I guess. I mean, I have all my console games for the year paid off (TTT2 and RE6), so that just leaves impulse Vita buys and deals left... I'm thinking I want to use this card now for some reason; it's burning a hole in my pocket apparently.

So yeah, I already own UMvC3 on a cart, so Lumines is the front runner at the moment. :|

Quick

Banned
So, I need a new Vita game. Got UMvC3, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and MLB 12: The Show. What else am I missing? I had a mixed experience playing the Gravity Rush demo, and I'm still very undecided on Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

There are no trophies in PSP games ...

But, yes, it does ding. :p

So, I need a new Vita game. Got UMvC3, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and MLB 12: The Show. What else am I missing? I had a mixed experience playing the Gravity Rush demo, and I'm still very undecided on Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

You're missing Lumines, Hatsune Miku, MK9, and bunch of other PSN games.

Yopis

Take a chance Gravity Rush is great.

My Vita just crashed on an apparently corrupt install of WipEout Pure, after rebooting from the boot menu I got a message asking me if I wanted to report this crash to Sony, with an optional description. I think this is new in FW 1.8.

People who like WipEout 2048 should really get the PSP WipEouts, they run at what seems to be a rock-solid 60 FPS on the Vita (better than on PSP with overclock), with zero smearing ofcourse and the colors pop very nicely. Feels like a massive upgrade. I think I like the PSP versions more, a nice colorful clean look and amazingly smooth. Online doesn't work anymore though. The DLC does work.

brainpann

I got Ragnarok Odyssey in today. Cant wait to play it! Surprise surprise it came with the soundtrack cd. The dealer didn't even mention that it was part of the the package. :)

patsu

My Vita just crashed on an apparently corrupt install of WipEout Pure, after rebooting from the boot menu I got a message asking me if I wanted to report this crash to Sony, with an optional description. I think this is new in FW 1.8.

Yes, the error reporting feature is new.

People who like WipEout 2048 should really get the PSP WipEouts, they run at what seems to be a rock-solid 60 FPS on the Vita (better than on PSP with overclock), with zero smearing ofcourse and the colors pop very nicely. Feels like a massive upgrade. I think I like the PSP versions more, a nice colorful clean look and amazingly smooth. Online doesn't work anymore though. The DLC does work.

Why doesn't the online work anymore?

brainpann

If only Pure worked on US Vita.

Sigh....

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm sure it'll be good, but I've been LBP'ed out. After 1 and 2 (and quickly trying and deleting the PSP game), I'm set and don't really need LBP, which leaves me looking at (maybe) Ragnarok Odyssey, SFxT, and P4G as my next potential retail Vita purchases. I think Lumines or UMvC3 would be good to own digitally, the question is "will the be a sale on a digital Lumines or UMvC3 in the near future?" I guess. I mean, I have all my console games for the year paid off (TTT2 and RE6), so that just leaves impulse Vita buys and deals left... I'm thinking I want to use this card now for some reason; it's burning a hole in my pocket apparently.

So yeah, I already own UMvC3 on a cart, so Lumines is the front runner at the moment. :|

I doubt there will be a sale for Ultimate Alpha vs Beta 3: Fate of Rebuying the Game Nine Months Later's portable version. Save the card for two weeks and get Jet Set Radio if it's coming to the PSP2 the same day as the PS3 version.

Takao

Banned
I doubt there will be a sale for Ultimate Alpha vs Beta 3: Fate of Rebuying the Game Nine Months Later's portable version. Save the card for two weeks and get Jet Set Radio if it's coming to the PSP2 the same day as the PS3 version.

Vita version comes out in October.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Oh, well... damn. I was all hot and bothered to get both of them the same day. Guess that plan is dashed. :(

Also all this talk about the Wipeouts make me sad because I tried the 2048 demo and I just can't control it. :( I think 10% airbrake on the DS3 for HD has spoiled me.

What's a PSP2?

Yup.... and it comes out a week earlier for PS+ members on PS3. 9/11 for PS+, 9/18, 9/19 for everyone else I think.

Oh, well... damn. I was all hot and bothered to get both of them the same day. Guess that plan is dashed. :(

Also all this talk about the Wipeouts make me sad because I tried the 2048 demo and I just can't control it. :( I think 10% airbrake on the DS3 for HD has spoiled me.

Just get it anyway. You'll get used to the controls before you know it.

dsigns1

The Gravity Rush demo was far too simple and should not be used to judge the full game. Take a chance on it.

Well, CRAP. My PSPGo promotional games do not seem to work anymore on the Vita, that is massively disappointing. They still install fine, just don't start anymore, Pure crashes, Gran Turismo throws up an error. They all used to work fine, not cool Sony.

EDIT: MotorStorm AE also doesn't work anymore, GTA VC still works though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom