• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing the shit out of SNK games. DAT OLED and DAT directional buttons is the dream of any SNK portable fan. Even more elaborate moves ccomes out easily. But kinda sad that there is a small loading in every match (KOF96), and not seamless than the PS3 version.

But the opening of the NGS PSP (that is very different than the PS3 version) worth the double dip.

Also playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Want to kill the programmer that had the brilliant idea of putting a huge sidequest right in the beginning of the game, that you can't save once you start. Yeah, they warn you before you enter, but the damn sidequest is so huge.

I still havent popped my P2:IS bubble. :(

Hanmik

Damn.. I feel so lonely on my Vita up here in the north Atlantic Ocean.. Finally got Near working yesterday (submitted acces point to skyhook), but no players appear close to me.. it said 9 people playing (a pop up in the corner), but no one showed up in my app.

And only a total of 4 out of my 60+ PSN friends seem to own a Vita.. it feels so wrong to be the only one on my friends list enjoying games like Gravity Rush, Smart As, MGS HD etc.. damn.. so much for living on some isolated Islands..

Tiamant

Damn.. I feel so lonely on my Vita up here in the north Atlantic Ocean.. Finally got Near working yesterday (submitted acces point to skyhook), but no players appear close to me.. it said 9 people playing (a pop up in the corner), but no one showed up in my app.

And only a total of 4 out of my 60+ PSN friends seem to own a Vita.. it feels so wrong to be the only one on my friends list enjoying games like Gravity Rush, Smart As, MGS HD etc.. damn.. so much for living on some isolated Islands..

Smart As?

Playing the shit out of SNK games. DAT OLED and DAT directional buttons is the dream of any SNK portable fan.
DEM. ;)

So why is there no price drop on Wipeout 2048 yet... it's 10 quid less in a box... (Plus they should be dropping the price anyway as an apology for destroying the developer.. :p)

Vitacat

DEM. ;)

So why is there no price drop on Wipeout 2048 yet... it's 10 quid less in a box... (Plus they should be dropping the price anyway as an apology for destroying the developer.. :p)

I know, it's very annoying. Here in the USA there are several games that are now MSRP $19.99 for carts, but the PSN versions are still $35 - $40. It wasn't supposed to be that way. WTF Sony?!

tgoalves

Neo Member
I played the SNES version and yes, that was the setup....same as every other platformer from that age...

Well, not every plataform games, since many of them used to have at least a password system. If I'm not mistaken, DK Country games have a save system...

Holy crap, MHFU is so much more playable now!

I had heard about the front-touch options they added, but didn't realize they also added additional button setups too until checking it out myself. D-pad L/R (only) makes controlling MH about as easy as it gets, and I see you could also set it to U/D, the L/R triggers, or SELECT/START (unnecessary, but I won't complain). I thought I would be silently hoping for these options for the rest of my life, nice to see them so soon.

Great improvements here, I hope they continue in this same direction with the PSX emulator.

Benedict

I just found out (still in shock) that you can't connect the Vita to a PC (content manager) without a Internet connection.
That's fucking absurd.
WHY!???!

I updated my vita last night but nothing seems to have changed. I thought we could use the buttons on the home screen, etc. Only thing I can tell is different is the 'No Signal' message is gone.

I just found out (still in shock) that you can't connect the Vita to a PC (content manager) without a Internet connection.
That's fucking absurd.
WHY!???!

Well, on PS3 it requires you to connect to PSN before transferring content tied to that account. I figure something similar is going on with CM.

I updated my vita last night but nothing seems to have changed. I thought we could use the buttons on the home screen, etc. Only thing I can tell is different is the 'No Signal' message is gone.

You have to enable the button menu controls in the settings.

Quick question for people who own a physical version of Virtua Tennis 4. Has the game data ever erased itself on you? Because it has happened to me TWICE now. I don't know if I got a bum copy or if the game is just glitchy. I wish I could just back up the save on to PC.

Why can't you back up the save to your PC?

patsu

If you see those brown unclickable face icons on your radar, it means those people do not want to share their IDs. One icon represents 10 of them.

Newline

I've finally got to the point where I have more games I want to play than I have time to do so. With the PS1 games in the EU it's going to be a long time before I say otherwise. Oh and it seems like the software drought it nearly over. http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita, looking at the upcoming titles it seems very steady all the way up to xmas.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
That's fucking absurd.
WHY!???!

There's a fix online for this.
Not sure if it still works but I don't think CM has been updated ever.

Kazerei

Banned
That's never happened to me, and as somebody who has spent ages leveling up my stats and unlocking costumes, I'm incredibly sorry to hear that. I have a digital version of the game, so I'm not equipped to answer your question, but there may be a problem with your cart. I haven't heard of any save problems.

I have a physical copy, played the game for 30+ hours without any save problems. I looked at the box and the front cover doesn't mention that a memory card is necessary (most of my other retail games do), so I assume the game saves directly onto the gamecard. I suspect yours maybe faulty.

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to see if I can get the game exchanged at the retailer. Thankfully I've only lost a total of 10 hours or so. I've heard worse horror stories of lost save files :p

Why can't you back up the save to your PC?

It doesn't show up in CMA. I'm not sure if it's supposed to. Saves are stored on the game card instead of the memory card.

Holy crap, MHFU is so much more playable now!

I had heard about the front-touch options they added, but didn't realize they also added additional button setups too until checking it out myself. D-pad L/R (only) makes controlling MH about as easy as it gets.

Woah what! Am i reading this right, after the update you can now map just the camera left and right to the right stick so I wont keep knocking the camera up!!!!

patsu

That's fucking absurd.
WHY!???!

Probably because the memcard and your Vita is tied to your PSN account. Need to login to access the card outside Vita. When used on Vita, your authenticated PSN info is already kept in its internal memory.

Because Sony.

There's a workaround for getting *just* the save file of a game in the OP I believe... but I don't think cart based games back the whole card up anyway. My Rayman Origins backup is 1.32mb. So it shouldn't be a space issue... which brings me back to wondering why he can't connect his Vita to his PC and use content manager to back up his VT4 cart...

There's a fix online for this.
Not sure if it still works but I don't think CM has been updated ever.

CM was just updated with 1.8 FW (so that it can handle PSOne/PSMobile transfers apparently).

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to see if I can get the game exchanged at the retailer. Thankfully I've only lost a total of 10 hours or so. I've heard worse horror stories of lost save files :p

It doesn't show up in CMA. I'm not sure if it's supposed to. Saves are stored on the game card instead of the memory card.

I think for cart games the cart has to be in the Vita when you back up to get that particular save backed up; When I last copied my apps/saves over to PC, only retail game that showed up was Uncharted:GA because that's what was in the slot; WipEout/UMvC3/MK9/etc. were nowhere to be found.

After backing up carts to PC, I can see my Rayman data, mentioned above has 2 files in:
PS Vita\APP\f097817299622d1d\PCSE00052\savedata

So yeah, I think it's backing up save data.

Yopis

That's fucking absurd.
WHY!???!

Wow thanks for sharing....guess its going to be lame at the cabin this weekend. Need to grab a 32gb card.

Vitacat

QUESTION: can I delete a game from my trophies list?

See, I tried Madden for like 5 minutes, and don't intend to keep the game or ever play again. I now have Madden in my trophy list with 0%, and would like to remove it. Can I do that? I already deleted the game from my Vita. I would just reset my Vita, however my trophies are already synced with the PSN server, so I'm not sure my trophy list can be cleared.

Thanks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
QUESTION: can I delete a game from my trophies list?

See, I tried Madden for like 5 minutes, and don't intend to keep the game or ever play again. I now have Madden in my trophy list with 0%, and would like to remove it. Can I do that? I already deleted the game from my Vita. I would just reset my Vita, however my trophies are already synced with the PSN server, so I'm not sure my trophy list can be cleared.

Thanks.

Nope. Unlike MS (which took a while) you can't delete 0gs/0% off your list. Yes, it's stupid. Yes, I have Pain on my list and want it gone. No I can't do it. :(

Paznos

Finally got my first Vita platinum! Uncharted: Golden Abyss, I finished the game months ago but finally got around to getting all the trophies now I have plats in all the Uncharted games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom