• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleBlade

So I've been enjoying my 3DS XL since I got it on launch, but I think I'm done with it for awhile. Time to give the OLED beauty some love. Anyways . . . I've been eyeing the MGS 3. Not sure if I should just buy that game or just get the collection for $15 more (not really dying to play MGS2 as I played most of it a few years ago, but I did enjoy it).

Massa

So I've been enjoying my 3DS XL since I got it on launch, but I think I'm done with it for awhile. Time to give the OLED beauty some love. Anyways . . . I've been eyeing the MGS 3. Not sure if I should just buy that game or just get the collection for $15 more (not really dying to play MGS2 as I played most of it a few years ago, but I did enjoy it).

But only MGS3, it's half the size and much cheaper. If you do choose to get MGS2 down the line the extra $5 won't kill you.

Carl

Don't usually sell any of my games but i'm desperately short of cash at the moment (unemployment is shit). Selling a few games that i never play anymore, towards a 32GB card for my Vita.

Takao

Banned
Do I continue playing Klonoa on my Vita, or do I use it to watch the Final Fantasy announcements with the Nico Nico app? Decision 2012.

Skyzard

Banned
Skyzard said:
*I think it has a bit to do with how awesome the icons can look with a nice background.

inrf1.jpg

Sorry CecilMcW00t, EU here, but you'll be glad to know the pure track packs still work.

Still needs 2097(XL) and 3:SE at least (fusion would be a pretty neat bonus). I was saying in the SL thread...tweet Yoshida...the titles are difficult as they had licensed music..but now he might have a bit of a soft spot since (I think) he closed down SL.

The wallpaper isn't mine, I think it was from the SL closes thread as well, uploaded it for anyone interested. It really pops on the vita.

=-==-==-==-=

RCR special vehicle reveal :

https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/239516291403218944/photo/1

Sorry CecilMcW00t, EU here, but you'll be glad to know the pure track packs still work.

Still needs 2097(XL) and 3:SE at least (fusion would be a pretty neat bonus). I was saying in the SL thread...tweet Yoshida...the titles are difficult as they had licensed music..but now he might have a bit of a soft spot since (I think) he closed down SL.

That's awesome news about the track packs. I went and re-downloaded them so they will be ready if the game becomes available here. And I totally just tweeted him! I was thinking about asking him about it, didn't know he was possibly the one who shut down SL. :(

Carl

Qlj8Jl.jpg

Now I know why I'm having an issue with r2/l2.....I hope we get to adjust the zone at some point.

Yeah it's terrible. I have long, bony fingers, but i struggle to get them into those zones. Keep having to look at the back touch and find the area :(

Would love the be able to customise the size and area of the zone.

Skyzard

Banned
Is that screenshot official? That is pretty terrible yeah, would love to adjust it myself.

For people having issues with it...a grip really helps!

Btw, awesome job tweeting him CecilMcW00t, hope you guys get Pure soon too! Not entirely sure if he was responsible for the shutdown but since he is the boss and all..

Skyzard

Banned
I felt that it was a decent bit bigger? Like 50%+ going down. Still..needs more customisation. I'm sure it will come, seeing as they went above and beyond with the psp stuff in 1.80 (luckily). Still haven't played around with any psp games since the updates, its been all ps1.

I felt that it was a decent bit bigger? Like 50%+ going down. Still..needs more customisation. I'm sure it will come, seeing as they went above and beyond with the psp stuff in 1.80 (luckily). Still haven't played around with any psp games since the updates, its been all ps1.

I'm testing my ass off with oddworld and the zones in the pic are spot on. Now that I know....it helps, but it's uncomfortable as hell.

Skyzard

Banned
Ah that is pretty bad, guess they were too worried about accidentally pressing the buttons more then people probably will already. I know it isn't practical and I've said it before, but until they allow you to customise it, and especially if you mostly play at home..get a decent grip. No issues really - was totally used to R2/L2 after a few minutes... It also has a lot more benefits then just rear screen accessibility.

So, I'm at PAX this weekend and at the Sony booth, they had quite a few Vitas set-up. They have the following games available to play:

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Sly Cooper, Jet Set Radio, Little King's Story, Smart As, Sine Mora, Dokuro, Retro City Rampage, When Vikings Attack, Persona 4: Golden, Guacamelee, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, and a couple devoted to Apps only which included: Wake Up Club, Frobisher Says, Treasure Park, and... something else. I think there were a couple other Vitas too, but I'm forgetting what's on them. I'm hoping that this means these will all be in the States soon (wasn't sure what the status was on Dokuro, Wake Up Club, and Treasure Park in particular)

Sly Cooper felt slow/sluggish to me and I only played for a minute before losing interest. Jet Set Radio felt good on the Vita and I'll definitely pick it up. I wanted to play more with Wake Up Club and Treasure Park, but the Vita's weren't connected to service so I couldn't even do much with it. Persona 4 was pretty, but was a terrible game to demo in a way since the four minutes I played was all text before I had to take off.

Assassin's Creed seemed to be most popular; hoping to check it and a bunch of the others out tomorrow.

EDIT: Slowly remembering: Ragnarok Odyssey and Little Big Planet were there too

brainpann

Wow! The moment WipEout Pure works on US Vita, please let me know!

The first thing I did with after installing firm 1.8 was try Pure. No dice!

It would be great to have XL and 3 (especially 3) on the Vita too. Hell, I'd pay extra if it was an HD compilation.

BTw, just started playing Ragnarok Odyssey. It is pretty fun so far. It kinda reminds me of PSO and Monster Hunter, so that is good. Looks cleans and the music is nice. I will probably put it down for a little while because it came in a week early and I am in the middle of replaying Vagrant Story.

Skyzard

Banned
So, I'm at PAX this weekend and at the Sony booth, they had quite a few Vitas set-up. They have the following games available to play:

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Sly Cooper, Jet Set Radio, Little King's Story, Smart As, Sine Mora, Dokuro, Retro City Rampage, When Vikings Attack, Persona 4: Golden, Guacamelee, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, and a couple devoted to Apps only which included: Wake Up Club, Frobisher Says, Treasure Park, and... something else. I think there were a couple other Vitas too, but I'm forgetting what's on them. I'm hoping that this means these will all be in the States soon (wasn't sure what the status was on Dokuro, Wake Up Club, and Treasure Park in particular)

Sly Cooper felt slow/sluggish to me and I only played for a minute before losing interest. Jet Set Radio felt good on the Vita and I'll definitely pick it up. I wanted to play more with Wake Up Club and Treasure Park, but the Vita's weren't connected to service so I couldn't even do much with it. Persona 4 was pretty, but was a terrible game to demo in a way since the four minutes I played was all text before I had to take off.

Assassin's Creed seemed to be most popular; hoping to check it and a bunch of the others out tomorrow.

EDIT: Slowly remembering: Ragnarok Odyssey and Little Big Planet Racing were there too

Oh no! Was looking forward to that quite a bit on vita. Good about JSR at least. Perhaps ask them about sly cooper (fixes/possible issue?), pretty please?
Try and get a damn release date or some sort of estimate (EDIT: for RCR!) ? Have fun though!

Really got back into platformers after playing with the vita, especially these old classics like gex and crash. Could do with a refreshing update ..on the vita preferably. At least it's cross-buy iirc..still don't really want to play it much on ps3 hmmph .

Little big planet racing?

Ahh, maybe it was regular Little Big Planet. Sorry, there were a bunch of Vitas set-up next to Little Big Planet Racing and I think I just assumed it was the same. That was separate from the Vita showcase area.

----

@Skyzard: I don't think it helped that from the mission I picked, it opened with Bentley who already runs slow and the first thing I had to do was pull a wheel that involved waiting too much (for me) in between analog stick input. It seemed like there were a few frame rate issues in the beginning too. Definitely didn't look as clean as the PS3 version did right next to it.

Iacobellis

EDIT: Slowly remembering: Ragnarok Odyssey and Little Big Planet Racing were there too

No Declassified. Even Burning Skies was available to play at the Sony booths last year.

Skyzard

Banned
@Valerie Cherish That's a real shame..thanks for the info, I'll be more weary but it did get delayed, perhaps they'll fix it up since it will be one of the first cross-buys...here's hoping. thanks again!

Verelios

Picked up Grandia. I just hope we can get the rest of the Final Fantasy's out in the open because frankly, I've played FFVII to absurdity and really don't want to buy it again.

If I have to in order to complete my collection I will...probably, but other than that I won't.

Picked up Grandia. I just hope we can get the rest of the Final Fantasy's out in the open because frankly, I've played FFVII to absurdity and really don't want to buy it again.

If I have to in order to complete my collection I will...probably, but other than that I won't.

Ever since my save file corrupted years ago in FFVII (I had just got Gold Chocobo and was preparing my party to take down Ruby Weapon), I haven't been able to bring myself to play that game again. One day...

Skyzard

Banned
^typo
what kind of question is that?...for effect? I dunno, K looks scarier then C?..fashion to misspell?

[edit: here you go: http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/s...s-Mortal-Kombat-spelled-with-a-K-Info-inside] basically..someone drew the letter K over the C, and they were like yeah ok].

All these corrupted saves...really need to make regular backups myself. Some of the bigger game files haven't even been backed up..

Btw anyone else noticed that usb-charging actually works now? I don't get the charging icon but the blue light stays on and the battery charge goes up when it's plugged into my laptop, which it never used to do iirc.

Man I hope my wishful thinking about slycooper comes true for the vita, if not at least there will be quite a few other titles to play by then. Especially if NFSMW and All-stars aren't flops on vita.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Resistance's demo is kinda boring
just like the IP itself. heh.
, but it's a pretty good proof of concept that FPS can work on the title. I just with Sony removed the damn rear touch-pad, it's awkward as hell to use in games along with having to touch-screen/front one to grenade throw (interesting idea but kinda breaks the pace of combat which probably makes higher difficulties more brutal than they need to be)

Maybe I'm just holding the system wrong since I'm too worried to let my hands interleave on the touch-pad and having to "tap" the touch-pad with one finger that way is too awkward and years of holding the PSP1 in a curled up like holding the DS3 type of grip on the "handrests" near the rear touchpad is more natural. :/

Mortal Kombat starts with a K because it's from the 90's, you had to be Extreme back then and one way to do it was to spell things in stupid ways.

Oh btw hi, bought a vita yesterday with Uncharted and Gravit rush. Loving it so far screen is amazing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Er-So is there anyway to change the rear touchpad to where L2/R2 are more consistant? It seems impossible to get Jill/Carlos to target barrels with the rear touch-pad being R2 to me. :/ Do I need to touch the corners? Center? Tap? Because if tap that kinda breaks Bio3's R2/lock-on-to-exploding barrels lock-on aiming.

Er-So is there anyway to change the rear touchpad to where L2/R2 are more consistant? It seems impossible to get Jill/Carlos to target barrels with the rear touch-pad being R2 to me. :/ Do I need to touch the corners? Center? Tap? Because if tap that kinda breaks Bio3's R2/lock-on-to-exploding barrels lock-on aiming.

So you call the Vita "PSP2" and Resident Evil "Bio"... man, you love to be different. :p

pieatorium should be it

edit: is there a post whhith peoples psn's?
Both of the lists are outdated, but there's a Google Docs page(no link, sorry) and this old thread.

I'm still trying to figure out where the "pressure point" is. It's kind of frustrating.

1upmuffin

I preordered Persona 4 Solid Gold, though I don't have a Vita yet. What are some good games to get for it besides Persona 4? Also, will I need to get a better memory stick than 4GB? I'm thinking of getting the Assassins Creed bundle when it comes out, and maybe get some games on PSN like Corpse Party.

I preordered Persona 4 Solid Gold, though I don't have a Vita yet. What are some good games to get for it besides Persona 4? Also, will I need to get a better memory stick than 4GB? I'm thinking of getting the Assassins Creed bundle when it comes out, and maybe get some games on PSN like Corpse Party.
If you plan on getting PSN games, the 4GB card won't last you long at all. As for good games, I personally enjoy Gravity Rush and Ragnarok Odyssey should be pretty good, plus there's a few others out that I'm sure will catch your eye. And then there's the Japan-only(currently) games, such as Project Diva f, Atelier Totori(chances are this will come over sometime), Ys...

I usually rest my middle finger on the matte indentations on the sides of the rear touchpad until I need L2/R2. When I need to press those buttons, I extend my middle finger horizontally and touch. It's hard to explain, and people have different sized hands so you may have to play around with it a little until it feels comfortable.

Diebuster

Gravity Rush should be your first stop after P4. It's an open-world action-adventure with a cute heroine.

If you like racing games, make sure to check out Wipeout 2048. If you're into puzzle games, give Lumines: Electronic Symphony a look. If golf is your thing, give Hot Shots Golf a try. All of these have demos on PSN you can play once you have a Vita.

For upcoming games that are coming out before Persona 4, I'd suggest looking into DJMAX Technika Tune, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, and LittleBigPlanet Vita.

And like Grim Heaper said, you should get a bigger card than the 4GB one.

Joe Molotov

Haha, people are already trying to sell their Persona 4 Sold Gold preorders for $170 on Amazon. Gamestop.com is still taking preorders.

Carl

Make sure to pick up a PSN voucher so you can download Mutant Blobs Attack!

Also, Speedy would tell you to buy Unit 13.

Personally i'd recommend the 8GB or 16GB cards. 8GB if you are tight on cash, 16GB if you have a bit to play with. Even if you are going completely cartridge for your games, 4GB is too small IMO

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Haha, people are already trying to sell their Persona 4 Sold Gold preorders for $170 on Amazon. Gamestop.com is still taking preorders.

I hope whomever is selling it for that much has to squat on it.

Some other seller is listing one for $400.

Yeah...

Young Magus

Alright I'm expecting a 32gb memory card tomorrow and I already backed up all my content from my 16gb to my ps3, can someone point me to a step by step guide on how to transfer PSN name and content from one memory stick to another and how to completely erase a memory stick when switching over? Thanks in advance.

Alright I'm expecting a 32gb memory card tomorrow and I already backed up all my content from my 16gb to my ps3, can someone point me to a step by step guide on how to transfer PSN name and content from one memory stick to another and how to completely erase a memory stick when switching over? Thanks in advance.

I think you just put the new card in, do the initial setup/sign in, then connect to content manager and do a restore...

Well count me into the Vita stable, finally picked one up after reading this thread. It gets here Tuesday!! Quick question though..screen protector yes or no?? I picked up Uncharted and Mk on the cheap so I am ready to go. Now to find a cheap memory card.

patsu

Well count me into the Vita stable, finally picked one up after reading this thread. It gets here Tuesday!! Quick question though..screen protector yes or no?? I picked up Uncharted and Mk on the cheap so I am ready to go. Now to find a cheap memory card.

Greetings !

Get a traveling case in case you drop the Vita.

I use a screen protector.

fernoca

In MK what are those "secret battles" for?

I'm encountered two of these and lost the fights in like 2 seconds.

BTW why in Mortal Kombat spelled with a K?
The secret battles are just to unlock a trophy (which is unlocked right at the beginning). Is a nod to the original games, which also had "secret fights".

And yep, the 'K' was just..because. Steve Ritchie (the original voice of Shao Kahn) suggested it, after seeing "Mortal and C(K)ombat" on the board they were writing possible names for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom