• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not for earlier releases? Hell even Sony themselves aren't doing it for ALL games. It seems to be a case-by-case basis. :/

There's no online for the PSP/original version of Peace Walker. You need to play HD for infrastructure (true online) or use Ad Hoc Party (PS3 app)/XLink Kai (homebrew app) to have "true" online. Otherwise: Ad-hoc/local multiplayer only with recruiting being more than once a day on the PSP version.

Edit: Awww... you're not online, Space. I was gonna send you naughty messages and recommendations. :(

Is it easy to find folks to play online?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'll send you a message anyway SpaceBridge.

Edit: Top of the page, naturally. Everybody buy Klonoa, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, and Velocity.

Metal Gear Solid HD allows you to carry over the saves of both editions, which you have to buy separately (although I don't believe Peace Walker on PSP has transfarring). It's not a cross-buy title.

I believe you can do transfarring with the PSP PW. As I understand it, if you start the save file on PS3, you can play on PSP/PSV, and when you "transfar"it back to the PS3, any trophies you would have gotten will pop.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I didnt even realize we were PSN friends.
...thanks.

I believe you can do transfarring with the PSP PW. As I understand it, if you start the save file on PS3, you can play on PSP/PSV, and when you "transfar"it back to the PS3, any trophies you would have gotten will pop.
Oh, didn't know that. I assumed that because it was a PSP game the infrastructure wasn't there. That's rather cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Yes, it allows it. I dunno about the trophies since I played it safe and unlocked them there.

Lunch, I already sent that dude a message. Dudes love messages. :3

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ah that is pretty bad, guess they were too worried about accidentally pressing the buttons more then people probably will already. I know it isn't practical and I've said it before, but until they allow you to customise it, and especially if you mostly play at home..get a decent grip. No issues really - was totally used to R2/L2 after a few minutes... It also has a lot more benefits then just rear screen accessibility.

Not going to the edges side to side is good - I can easily touch the let or right sides accidentally. But I can see no reason it doesn't go all the way top to bottom. They should change that but also let us choose, adding in the options of front touchscreen hotspots.

Also, let me configure how I want. Eg for racing games which use R2 for acceleration, I'd want that on a hard button, and L1/R1 on the rear pad

It's not for earlier releases? Hell even Sony themselves aren't doing it for ALL games. It seems to be a case-by-case basis. :/

There's no online for the PSP/original version of Peace Walker. You need to play HD for infrastructure (true online) or use Ad Hoc Party (PS3 app)/XLink Kai (homebrew app) to have "true" online. Otherwise: Ad-hoc/local multiplayer only with recruiting being more than once a day on the PSP version.

Edit: Awww... you're not online, Space. I was gonna send you naughty messages and recommendations. :(

I never knew how Xlink kai worked.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So wait, I can transfer saves between both versions of PW?

Yes. But if you're going for trophies you NEED to start the game on the PS3 version to unlock them. Saves from the PSP version WILL NOT unlock trophies.

Turkish Emperor said:
I never knew how Xlink kai worked.

Very... ghetto-ly. It never really worked with 99% of set-ups until they made a USB connection to PC app for CFW PSP's so... still not worth it and if you have a PS3 just use Ad Hoc Party because it shits all over Xlink.

Ran rp

Anyone else get a popup like this?

i6WflZMAVivyA.jpg

LuchaShaq

Banned
Friend just got a vita off craiglist with the original box a 4gb card and Mortal Kombat and Uncharted for

Damn, hope it wasn't stolen lol.

cjkeats

Friend just got a vita off craiglist with the original box a 4gb card and Mortal Kombat and Uncharted for 150.

Damn, hope it wasn't stolen lol.

Mine was $200 off Kijiji, Vita, Mortal Kombat(long before it went to $20) MLB the Show, 8GB Memory card, trigger grip, and dock.
There was no box or instruction, and the copy of MLB had the UPC code ripped off, which is what the troubled kids used to do to games at wal-mart when they stole them back in my small hometown, as they thought that was what set the alarms off.

So I'm guessing at least the games were stolen, but hey, I'm not one to pass a deal.

Mine was $200 off Kijiji, Vita, Mortal Kombat(long before it went to $20) MLB the Show, 8GB Memory card, trigger grip, and dock.
There was no box or instruction, and the copy of MLB had the UPC code ripped off, which is what the troubled kids used to do to games at wal-mart when they stole them back in my small hometown, as they thought that was what set the alarms off.

So I'm guessing at least the games were stolen, but hey, I'm not one to pass a deal.

UPCs generally get slashed or cut/ripped off on promo/contest prizes. I've won a bunch of promo stuff where the UPC and case were gashed to hell because they wanted to destroy the UPC.

Maybe it was stolen, maybe not, just an alternate reasoning. ;)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone up for a little VT4 trophy boosting?
I've read this is the quickest method to maximize exp earned.

Go to player match mode.
Select a court and set the rules as: 5 games and 6 sets with tie breaker on.
Invite your friend and begin the match.
One player should win a set then allow the other to win the next one (including the tie breaker).

The final result should be like this:
You: 7/6/7/6/7
Friend: 6/7/6/7/6

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Anyone up for a little VT4 trophy boosting?
I've read this is the quickest method to maximize exp earned.
I'll need to try this sometime. I saw that Takao invited me to play with you two, but I wasn't on at the time. We need to do some Virtua Tennis 4 grinding, and then I'll hand my Vita off so somebody can do the poker trophy for me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'll need to try this sometime. I saw that Takao invited me to play with you two, but I wasn't on at the time. We need to do some Virtua Tennis 4 grinding, and then I'll hand my Vita off so somebody can do the poker trophy for me.
Ah , so that was you. I'll send you a friend request if you have a slot open.
I wasn't able to play with Takao either but am free now for anyone.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Ah , so that was you. I'll send you a friend request if you have a slot open.
I wasn't able to play with Takao either but am free now for anyone.
I recently sent a friend request to a dallow on PSN, so I'm assuming that's you!

Man, Takao has no luck with getting people together.

Carl

Finally did with this with no disconnection, crash, internet connection loss etc

7908423678_d723314dbf_b.jpg

We need a GAF party again soon. One where more than just me and Liquid speak.

Shinriji

Most of the GAF party, my GF is sleeping next to me, so I disable my mic and everyone from the party.

Not because someone keeps listening to Macarena when playing. No Sir.

Vitacat

Finally bought my first Vita games since deciding to go all digital.

Gravity Rush (of course) and Velocity (PSP Mini) on PSN.

The other games I want are way overpriced compared to MSRP, so I'm waiting until PSN wakes up and fixes the prices (i.e. Wipeout). Praying for a Labor Day sale on PSN or something. Really hope I don't end up regretting the decision to go digital. It's up to you Sony; don't be stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom