• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
unnecessary to say something like that.

KojiPro haven't spoken about Vita since MGS HD Dual Pack launched. No mention of it in regards to the ZoE Collection, or Ground Zeroes despite us being told that Kojima's next game would be on Vita, and having an explicit announcement for ZoE HD. Maybe "RIP Fox Engine games on Vita" was a bit much, since if it really runs on the platform I guess we'll get PES games. "RIP KojiPro games on Vita" may have been more apt.

injurai

Banned
KojiPro haven't spoken about Vita since MGS HD Dual Pack launched. No mention of it in regards to the ZoE Collection, or Ground Zeroes despite us being told that Kojima's next game would be on Vita, and having an explicit announcement for ZoE HD. Maybe "RIP Fox Engine games on Vita" was a bit much, since if it really runs on the platform I guess we'll get PES games. "RIP KojiPro games on Vita" may have been more apt.

One thing at a time. Also you can't flood any system with too many releases or else game would cannibalize themselves. Vita is merely a sapling... and we have had nothing but portable mgs games since 4.

Takao

Banned
One thing at a time. Also you can't flood any system with too many releases or else game would cannibalize themselves. Vita is merely a sapling... and we have had nothing but portable mgs games since 4.

Ground Zeroes is likely a late 2013 title, and ZoE isn't exactly going to cannibalize the sales of MGS ...

Carl

Two hours of my life well spent

7909362384_d697c6a82a_b.jpg

Don't know why it says 0 plays and 0 likes :p

Takao

Banned
A new Portable Ops or Ac!d.

Konami seems to not like the Ac!d games (note: they're the only Metal Gear things from PSP not on PSN at all anywhere) and given they gave Nojiri the task of directing Never Dead instead of another Ac!d (which would sell considerably better) I doubt we'll be seeing more. I'm not sure exactly what ground another Portable Ops title would cover. Ground Zeroes is a sequel to Peace Walker, which itself can be seen as a sequel to Portable Ops.

Konami seems to not like the Ac!d games (note: they're the only Metal Gear things from PSP not on PSN at all anywhere) and given they gave Nojiri the task of directing Never Dead instead of another Ac!d (which would sell considerably better) I doubt we'll be seeing more. I'm not sure exactly what ground another Portable Ops title would cover. Ground Zeroes is a sequel to Peace Walker, which itself can be seen as a sequel to Portable Ops.

Why won't they put Ac!d on PSN? That was one of the few games that hyped me for psp.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd totally rebuy AC!D 1/2 on PSN. Best spin-off of MGS ever.

I can't get Near to update ever since I updated the firmware. It just keeps saying "An error has occurred." I don't know what's going on, I have everything set to "On." I even restarted the Vita.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I can't get Near to update ever since I updated. It just keeps saying "An error has occurred." I don't know what's going on, I have everything set to "On." I even restarted the Vita.
I'm having some small connectivity issues as well with Near. More problematic is the fact that when I put the Vita to sleep it doesn't automatically gather notifications when I turn it back on. It seems to disconnect from my wi-fi and when I sign into PSN I then get five or so notifications--going back from 23 hours ago to a couple of minutes ago--at once. The Vita's ability to receive data in sleep mode was one of my favorite features.

While we're wishing:

PSP:
Price drops across the board, no PSP game should be more than say... $20... at this point in time digitally. Most important on this list for me would be Peace Walker, Tekken 6, and Soul Calibur.
Add Portable Ops, Metal Gear Ac!d, Birth By Sleep, Crisis Core, etc. to the store and follow the above policy.

PSOne:
Strider 2, Rival Schools, etc. added to PSN for purchase.
NA compatibility fixes

And a big wish that won't ever happen:
PS2 classics on the Vita; I'd love to play God Hand and Odin Sphere and I'd pony up the $10 for Shinobi as well.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
While we're wishing:

PSP:
Price drops across the board, no PSP game should be more than say... $20... at this point in time digitally. Most important on this list for me would be Peace Walker, Tekken 6, and Soul Calibur.
Add Portable Ops, Metal Gear Ac!d, Birth By Sleep, Crisis Core, etc. to the store and follow the above policy.
Agreed. Parappa's price is also insane, and I'd like to see Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Popolocrois (although I'm assuming the latter's license has lapsed) on the store.

PSOne:
Strider 2, Rival Schools, etc. added to PSN for purchase.
NA compatibility fixes
Yes. Yes.

And a big wish that won't ever happen:
PS2 classics on the Vita; I'd love to play God Hand and Odin Sphere and I'd pony up the $10 for Shinobi as well.
I'm just going to cry now. I'd love to play God Hand on my Vita.

Agreed. Parappa's price is also insane, and I'd like to see Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Popolocrois (although I'm assuming the latter's license has lapsed) on the store.

Yes. Yes.

I'm just going to cry now. I'd love to play God Hand on my Vita.

Oh, that reminds me. Screw the Parappa PSP port.
Gimme it as a 5.99 PSone classic.

Metalmarc

What do i need to do when i get a new memory card? I have 8gb & decided to go to 32gb, can i just redownload my psp games & vita demos from store again & can i do this again in the future if need be, or do i have to back up the games on my pc in order to swap memory & have games on new card? I dont care about my game saves, just the games

What do i need to do when i get a new memory card? I have 8gb & decided to go to 32gb, can i just redownload my psp games & vita demos from store again & can i do this again in the future if need be, or do i have to back up the games on my pc in order to swap memory & have games on new card? I dont care about my game saves, just the games

If you don't care about saves, just redownload.

fernoca

Got Ridge Racer along a PSN card to get all DLC!! :D
...what a pain having to download each piece of DLC individually. :/
(on MusicPpack 11 right now)

Skyzard

Banned
Got Ridge Racer along a PSN card to get all DLC!! :D
...what a pain having to download each piece of DLC individually. :/
(on MusicPpack 11 right now)

There is a ridiculous about of music that comes with those silver and gold passes. Can't delete them all that easily yet either...too late if you are up to 11 though hah.

Carl

Damn MGS2 looks pretty good on the Vita OLED. I bought the game the day it came out and haven't played much of it >.< About to change!

fernoca

There is a ridiculous about of music that comes with those silver and gold passes. Can't delete them all that easily yet either...too late if you are up to 11 though hah.
Yeah. XD
At first I was like "oh, cool the passes include some music, cars, tracks..nice!"...

Now I'm on Music Pack 13...and like each pack has a few songs, so I've downloaded like over 30 songs. At least I like Ridge Racer music. :p

Then add to that, the download limit. So I had to stop once, start the game just to install each DLC, then go back and continue downloading stuff.

Vitacat

Apparently so, but the difference is miniscule. Retail cards have a faster read speed than the memory cards i think

Hmm. *sigh*

I am so frustrated with wanting to go digital on Vita. Feeling stupid for buying 32GB and sending my retail games (all unopened, unused) back to Amazon. PSN prices are horrible, and I'm probably kidding myself that they will change. God I hate this.

Maybe I'll do what most people seem to be doing I guess. Retail for Vita games, digital for PSN-only, PSP and PS1. Still deciding... damn, really liked the idea of digital (no card switching etc.).

Frikkin frakkin...

Carl

Vast majority of the games i have bought so far are digital. Even retail ones. SCEE have been a hell of a lot better than SCEA in regards to digital pricing though. Most of ours have been cheaper than retail on release day. Had hefty discounts on games too. At one point the games were a good £10 cheaper on PSN than in shops. Unit 13 was £15 cheaper at one point. Bargain.

If SCEE can do it, SCEA can do. it's just whether they want to or not.

Vitacat

Vast majority of the games i have bought so far are digital. Even retail ones. SCEE have been a hell of a lot better than SCEA in regards to digital pricing though. Most of ours have been cheaper than retail on release day. Had hefty discounts on games too. At one point the games were a good £10 cheaper on PSN than in shops. Unit 13 was £15 cheaper at one point. Bargain.

If SCEE can do it, SCEA can do. it's just whether they want to or not.

Aaargh!!! That frustrates me even more. I'm stuck with stupid SCEA. :-/

B.K.

I'd like to see Valkyrie Profile and both Star Oceans added to the store.

ShadiWulf

I've never played a Hatsune miku project diva game, are they fairly easy to play without knowing Japanese?

Might pick up f sometime in the future, would have to get another memory card first though... ~.~ lol

joe2187

Banned
So I now have disposable monies to buy a vita...

But I'm wondering if I should hold off, in case of price drops or whatever.

Anyone use the Skype App on the WiFI version? how is it?

Kyon

Banned
MGS GZ will have a Vita version right? I mean they said all fox engine games will be on vita right? I'm guessing they're just going to show console stuff first until later on

injurai

Banned
MGS GZ will have a Vita version right? I mean they said all fox engine games will be on vita right? I'm guessing they're just going to show console stuff first until later on

the art assets are probably too detailed, and its an open world game. Don't forget vita games are capped at 4gb in size. Not saying its impossible to get a version working, but its highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom