• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who else is watching animu on their vitas.

iYMbtcBige2pt.gif

me me me i am

Penguindrum looks great on it.

Wich animu is that?

edit: oh Pengiundrum, have not watched it. Ive done some One Piece on it. Gorgeous.

You should. I've been sorta watching Fate/zero and Penguindrum on it, but I never have the time to really get into it. What episodes of One Piece are you watching on it? Hopefully it's one of the better animated arcs, like Enies Lobby or Thriller Bark.
not that it matters to me because I'm a one piece whore but yeah

what's the difference between animu and anime btw?
Anime is... well, anime, and "animu" is an almost self-deprecating version of the word used as a joke or when mocking it.

... i think

I just clicked the friends tab and checked my friends list. *shrug* I was gonna send you a message (*click message tab*) but~

you know what seks, from the bf3 forum we used to play together and now we have vita and i still don't have you on my friends list.

We should correct that eh?

Skyzard

Banned
You should. I've been sorta watching Fate/zero and Penguindrum on it, but I never have the time to really get into it. What episodes of One Piece are you watching on it? Hopefully it's one of the better animated arcs, like Enies Lobby or Thriller Bark.

Anime is... well, anime, and "animu" is an almost self-deprecating version of the word used as a joke or when mocking it.

... i think

aha so the same thing basically. you're right btw anime does seem to look great on it, as do the other cartoons :)p) i watched like futurama. amazing colours. Just lack the regular free memory space to make it more useful like that. Perhaps if it could stream from my ps3...(has a nice hdd connected via usb).

Would love to turn it on remotely from the vita too...hope that is coming.

... i think

I'll definetly watch Pengiundrum, people recommended SteinsGate and Bakemonogatari to it and I liked those shows. I'm at Thriller Bark around episode 355.

Btw, Fate/zero=awesome.

Young Magus

Man playing ps1 games on the vita looks real nice I might say, especially 2D games.
By the way, can anyone recommend any Action-RPGs available to play on the vita, whether they are psp, vita or ps1.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Man playing ps1 games on the vita looks real nice I might say, especially 2D games.
By the way, can anyone recommend any Action-RPGs available to play on the vita, whether they are psp, vita or ps1.
The Ys games fit nicely into the action RPG camp, and they--especially The Oath in Felghana--get my highest recommendation.

aha so the same thing basically. you're right btw anime does seem to look great on it, as do the other cartoons :)p) i watched like futurama. amazing colours. Just lack the regular free memory space to make it more useful like that. Perhaps if it could stream from my ps3...(has a nice hdd connected via usb).

Would love to turn it on remotely from the vita too...hope that is coming.
Basically! :D I think I watched, uhhh... an episode of Bob's Burgers on Netflix and it looked awesome. Artstyle isn't appealing, yeah, but all of the colors just popped right out.

I'll definetly watch Pengiundrum, people recommended SteinsGate and Bakemonogatari to it and I liked those shows. I'm at Thriller Bark around episode 355.

Btw, Fate/zero=awesome.
All of those are great! I have a problem finishing anime after I start it, which sucks. why can't time last forever ;_;

And good, you've got one of my favorite fights coming up.

I might end up watching anime on my Vita once the crunchyroll app comes along.
Hopefully it's not 480p like the PS3 app.

So guiz.
I love mah Vitabros and now follow carl on twitter.
I think i have 3 free spots on my friends list and I wanna fill it with you guys.
Adds plox.

PSN Killthem16

Basically! :D I think I watched, uhhh... an episode of Bob's Burgers on Netflix and it looked awesome. Artstyle isn't appealing, yeah, but all of the colors just popped right out.

All of those are great! I have a problem finishing anime after I start it, which sucks. why can't time last forever ;_;

And good, you've got one of my favorite fights coming up.

Hopefully it's not 480p like the PS3 app.

I just thought how amazing a cell shaded OP game would be on the Vitas oled.

Carl

Finally bought my first Vita games since deciding to go all digital.

Gravity Rush (of course) and Velocity (PSP Mini) on PSN.

The other games I want are way overpriced compared to MSRP, so I'm waiting until PSN wakes up and fixes the prices (i.e. Wipeout). Praying for a Labor Day sale on PSN or something. Really hope I don't end up regretting the decision to go digital. It's up to you Sony; don't be stupid.

Did you buy Mutant Blobs Attack yet? >_> <_<

Foxix Von

I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread that helped me decide on the Vita: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485743

It took some time to pick up some games for it but as of early last week most of my stuff came in the mail :D

So far I got:

Uncharted
Unit 13
Wipeout 2048
Touch My Katamari
Hot Shots Golf
Gravity Rush
Disgaea 3

I snagged a nyko grip too. I've only really begun to dig into Uncharted and Gravity rush so far and after getting used to the weird aiming in uncharted I have to say this system is fucking awesome. Uncharted really, really surprised me. I wasn't so keen on it at first but after getting used to the controls and getting to around chapter 13 or so the game is really starting to come into it's own and I think I actually like it more than U3. It's just... incredibly fun and a much larger and more polished game than I would expect from a launch title.

Gravity Rush quite literally has my favorite city in any open world game. It's wonderful.

This was a very, very good choice, the system is just lovely. Thanks everyone :D My PSN tag for anyone who cares is: Fireclad

well right now heavy in Persona 3 but on vita i have -
Stardust, MGS HD, Ninja Gaiden, UMVC3, wipeout, Mortal Kombat, Pure Chess and Motor Storm RC and of course Mutant Blobs.

Added; I have SSD, UMvC3, WipEout, MK9, and Motorstorm RC from your list (of the games with multi, at least), so I figure whynot, right? ;)

Carl

So far I got:

Uncharted
Unit 13
Wipeout 2048
Touch My Katamari
Hot Shots Golf
Gravity Rush
Disgaea 3

Looks like you need to get on PSN and download Mutant Blobs Attack

(and Sound Shapes)

Anyway yeah, agree on Uncharted. Second favourite in the series behind Uncharted 1. Uncharted 1 > GA > 2 > 3 IMO :)

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Is there any way to transfer an mcr save file to my Vita? I just bought FF VII and I don't feel like going through Midgar again. I bought the PC version a few weeks ago and am at the point right after you leave Midgar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom