• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

the art assets are probably too detailed, and its an open world game. Don't forget vita games are capped at 4gb in size. Not saying its impossible to get a version working, but its highly unlikely.

Not capped at 4GB. That was just the size of carts at launch. If Konami wanted it on Vita, Sony would sort them out with bigger carts

The Chef

Hey it's everybody's favourite annoying bitch

7910163732_f90cab0352_b.jpg

I've been trying my hardest to get through MGS2, I really am. I remember loving it when I first played it like 20 years ago. But damn, that game is just so awful, I cant stand it any longer. Gonna jump to the good stuff and play mgs3 instead.

Hey, have a lot of people been playing Sound Shapes? Thinkin about getting that.

injurai

Banned
Not capped at 4GB. That was just the size of carts at launch. If Konami wanted it on Vita, Sony would sort them out with bigger carts

oh awesome. Well I guess it depends on how much work it takes to port such a game to vita. I think it would be better for the Vita to get more exclusive titles, than sharing the consoles dinner.

brentech

Yeah, I don't see an actual price drop happening in the next 6 months, but black Friday is a month and a half away. Long time to me, but if you really need it you can hope something comes along then.

Derrick01

Banned
So I now have disposable monies to buy a vita...

But I'm wondering if I should hold off, in case of price drops or whatever.

Anyone use the Skype App on the WiFI version? how is it?

I'm choosing to wait around black friday time. While I don't expect a price drop I don't think it's out of the question at all that someone will slap a $50 gift card on to a bundle. I think Best Buy did that with the madden vita bundle so maybe they or Amazon will do it with the AC:L bundle.

I'm also banking on the memory cards getting a price cut or deep sale around then.

Kyon

Banned
oh awesome. Well I guess it depends on how much work it takes to port such a game to vita. I think it would be better for the Vita to get more exclusive titles, than sharing the consoles dinner.

But the vita isn't even getting basic multiplat treatment either much. I'll take all games coming tbh :p

Quick

Banned
So, I bit the bullet and picked up the MGS HD collection.

Anyone want to brief me on controls? It's been ages since I last played.

Iacobellis

I guess we need to have another Vita party soon. I'm with Seks though; I believe party chat works with PSP games, so I don't see a reason it wouldn't work with PS1 games as well.

I'd love to get into a Party sometime. What's the one game everyone here is playing online?

injurai

Banned
UHHH WELL...

...yeah.

I mean, I seem to be having trouble, for example, grabbing bodies. And this isn't exactly a button mash-type game.

hmm well, if i was there i could help you. lol. just experiment. I believe cqc is pressure sensitive if that helps.

Kazerei

Banned
I been trying to set this up for a few days now. :)

6 game 5 set with tiebreaker
Trade off wins and you get a ton of exp

So ... just us three huh. That's alright. My PSN name is (quote to view) . I'm going to sleep now, but I'll be playing usually between 10pm and 12pm EDT.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So ... just us three huh. That's alright. My PSN name is (quote to view) . I'm going to sleep now, but I'll be playing usually between 10pm and 12pm EDT.
Nah, there are a few others here also playing. I'll add you.

Takao, if you want to grind a match with the settings I posted above now, let me know.
Takes a bit, but with trading wins it shouldn't be too bad.
If you want to play some real matches, that's fine too.

Takao

Banned
Nah, there are a few others here also playing. I'll add you.

Takao, if you want to grind a match with the settings I posted above now, let me know.
Takes a bit, but with trading wins it shouldn't be too bad.
If you want to play some real matches, that's fine too.

Alright, so do you want me to send you the invite?

Grinchy

Banned
I've been trying my hardest to get through MGS2, I really am. I remember loving it when I first played it like 20 years ago. But damn, that game is just so awful, I cant stand it any longer. Gonna jump to the good stuff and play mgs3 instead.

Hey, have a lot of people been playing Sound Shapes? Thinkin about getting that.

I literally just beat MGS2 on the PS3 collection (the credits are still going as I type this). It has some corny moments, but I think it's a pretty awesome game. The first half is definitely better than the 2nd half, but it's quite solid IMO.

And yeah, Sound Shapes is fantastic. But that's coming from a guy who likes MGS2 a lot.

Don't have my Vita with me, right now. But, my PSN is my GAF name if you need another for Virtua Tennis 4. I'm available to play, pretty much anytime.

Quick

Banned
For some reason, I thought I had a 16GB memory card. Turns out, I have an 8. I've so far mostly gone physical, with one full digital game. Has anyone actually filled up their 16GB memory card? I'm thinking of upgrading to that now

For some reason, I thought I had a 16GB memory card. Turns out, I have an 8. I've so far mostly gone physical, with one full digital game. Has anyone actually filled up their 16GB memory card? I'm thinking of upgrading to that now

On my 32gb card (29gb actually), I have 9617mb (9.5gb) or so free.

fernoca

Thanks to Ridge Racer, my 4GB is finally reaching full capacity. :p
From 1.1GB free, after downloading everything ...only have 260MB free.

Guess it will be enough for a few saves here and there, but with more DLC and more stuff coming; I guess I'll be upgrading sooner than expected.

If Amazon accepted Paypal I would jump on the $72-32GB one, but they don't..so I'm looking at other alternatives.

EDIT:
Toys R Us has them for $71.99..but with $12 shipping and $5 taxes... :/

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I hope Sony announces a 64GB card soon, because I don't think my 32GB card will be enough with the holidays coming up.

Skyzard

Banned
Hopefully it won't be ridiculously expensive either..

Any one at PAX got a chance to play Sly Cooper as well? Quite bummed out about the vita version being reportedly slower :( would love to play a new 3d platformer on this.

Before they release bigger cards, they seriously need to drop the prices on the current ones.

Hopefully it won't be ridiculously expensive either..

Any one at PAX got a chance to play Sly Cooper as well? Quite bummed out about the vita version being reportedly slower :( would love to play a new 3d platformer on this.

off-topic but

congrats on becoming a member

I have a 16GB, but still have around 5 GB left/ Gonna delete P3P once I'm done with it, so that should free up about 1.5 GBs.

Quick

Banned
Thanks, guys. I think I'll pick up a 16GB card. I won't be putting music or videos on it, so it'll purely be for gaming.

Skyzard

Banned
Before they release bigger cards, they seriously need to drop the prices on the current ones.

off-topic but

congrats on becoming a member

Thanks!

I was reading Yoshida's twitter, some guy was saying he was poor but wanted to buy vita, and was asking if there any price cuts coming soon, yoshida told him to consider upcoming bundles.
Looks like the price-cut is likely to be next year and not this but perhaps they'll drop the prices on the memory cards which would be a good start.

They'll ideal do a whole bunch of things to improve the memory card usage (10page limit, folders hopefully and perhaps no intro videos on swapping cards) at the same time as dropping the price I reckon..would it be too soon to expect another decent firmware update this year?

Tizoc

PSNStores.com's 4th Sep. list of releases states 2 free games for Vita: Treasure Park & Zen Pinball 2. Could someone share more details on this?

How is it there dudes in Wipeout 2048 that keep getting Quake after Quake after Quake in MP Combat? I don't get it. It's pissing me off.

Tizoc

Am I bad a person for wanting Gravity Rush to go for 20-25 Dollars on US PSN? I can't find the game at any shop over here, and $35 seems rather a lot for a digital release.

Darvan

Is it bad that I want that white Vita but I bought my 3G model day 1? I wish they would reconsider adding the 3G or selling the white model with 3G.

Vitacat

Am I bad a person for wanting Gravity Rush to go for 20-25 Dollars on US PSN? I can't find the game at any shop over here, and $35 seems rather a lot for a digital release.

I don't blame you at all.

I bought Gravity Rush yesterday on PSN, and I'm kinda having regrets about it. I actually had a physical copy but returned it (unopened, unused) because I decided I would go all digital. But PSNs prices and the fact that I can never resell/trade are making me nervous. I'm not buying any more games until I come to a clear decision.

But one thing is clear -- that digital copy of GR I bought can never be resold, refunded or traded. And it is tied to one psn account, forever.

I really want to go all digital, and I still might, but I'm just having some serious second thoughts. :-/

EDIT: by the way, Gravity Rush is pretty amazing and worth the $36. So if you really want it, go for it.

Ken

I've never played a Hatsune miku project diva game, are they fairly easy to play without knowing Japanese?

Might pick up f sometime in the future, would have to get another memory card first though... ~.~ lol

Yeah, it's a rhythm game so you don't need to know Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom