• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I don't blame you at all.

I bought Gravity Rush yesterday on PSN, and I'm kinda having regrets about it. I actually had a physical copy but returned it (unopened, unused) because I decided I would go all digital. But PSNs prices and the fact that I can never resell/trade are making me nervous. I'm not buying any more games until I come to a clear decision.

But one thing is clear -- that digital copy of GR I bought can never be resold, refunded or traded. And it is tied to one psn account, forever.

I really want to go all digital, and I still might, but I'm just having some serious second thoughts. :-/

EDIT: by the way, Gravity Rush is pretty amazing and worth the $36. So if you really want it, go for it.

I'd gladly get the physical release for $36 or whereabouts, but for digital I'd rather get at 25% less than physical release or for half of the physical release's price.

Darvan

It would be nice if they would bring one of those consoles state side we don't even have different color ps3's here.

In dollaz its even more, close to 750 I beleive. On Play-Asia but its out of stock. :O

@Darvan: indeed, the only console that will make me spend €600 would be a ps4.

The blue Vita looks gorgeous

IMWyH.jpg

u7DIi.jpg

bede-x

For some reason, I thought I had a 16GB memory card. Turns out, I have an 8. I've so far mostly gone physical, with one full digital game. Has anyone actually filled up their 16GB memory card?

It's not gonna be that hard to fill if you go mostly digital. My 32GB card has less than ten GB left and there's probably around 20 games(mostly PSP/PS One) on it.

We need bigger cards and I'm willing to pay. Make it happen, Sony.

AppleBlade

It's not gonna be that hard to fill if you go mostly digital. My 32GB card has less than ten GB left and there's probably around 20 games(mostly PSP/PS One) on it.

We need bigger cards and I'm willing to pay. Make it happen, Sony.
Yeah, I'd wish the $99 card was a 64GB. The $60 card should have been 32GB, the $30 card should be 16GB and for $20 you get the 8GB card. The 4GB card probably shouldn't even exist or should exist as a pack-in only.

I filled a 32, and I'm even going physical media with Vita games. I currently have more content than the 32 can hold, the PSOne stuff pushed me over the limit.

A 64GB card would be great, but they should at least make card swapping less a pain.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
White portable electronics are very ugly. Don't get it.

Personally I hate most white gadgets, I think the white plastic look makes them look cheap 99% of the time. Also, everything should be matte, lol.

The blue Vita looks gorgeous

IMWyH.jpg

u7DIi.jpg

The Vita looks real sexy in most colours, I would have totally picked up an orange or green one instead of black, I actually would have preferred a matte black one than the smudge magnet one we got.

My PSP Go and Iphone 4s says otherwise.

I love the iPhone 4/4s design, it is a shame that I am too scared to not use a case and as such never see it in its wonder much, lol.

The Vita looks real sexy in most colours, I would have totally picked up an orange or green one instead of black, I actually would have preferred a matte black one than the smudge magnet one we got.

Sony has been lagging in providing different colors for their consoles. We got white and silver ps3 only 4 years after its release. :/ Here's hoping those colors would come with PSV2000.

@michaelius: I believe so, but its still a lot of euros. :/

Vlodril

After seeing the new metal gear game i was thinking of getting peacewalker. Do we have any news on when the ps plus will come to vita or should i just bite the bullet now? I wouldn't mind getting a reduced price. I see there are sales too but its not in them at the moment at least.

Vlodril

Alright. I hope its before the 25th cause i am moving and probably be without internet for a few days so having it then would be nice.

hwy_61

Banned
Heads up for those of you who are Best Buy Rewards Zone members(gamers club), MGS HD Vita is $15 off starting tomorrow I believe. Found the deal on CAG.

gcubed

Personally I hate most white gadgets, I think the white plastic look makes them look cheap 99% of the time. Also, everything should be matte, lol.

i just don't get the white electronics thing either, but its personal taste... i'm very confused why no one has jumped into the matte colors on electronics since its getting more and more popular on other things (cars, motorcycles, etc)

Carl

I've been trying my hardest to get through MGS2, I really am. I remember loving it when I first played it like 20 years ago. But damn, that game is just so awful, I cant stand it any longer. Gonna jump to the good stuff and play mgs3 instead.

Hey, have a lot of people been playing Sound Shapes? Thinkin about getting that.

Yep, it really is fucking terrible and i want to punch Raiden in the face every time he says something (even moreso when Rose calls me), but hey!

Sound Shapes is thoroughly brilliant. Definitely recommend that.

(Hi guys!)

brentech

I like that orange Vita. Looks great, along with a few others.

On MGS2 topic, I thought I had played that one way back, but apparently not. Just MGS, so both 2/3 were new to me =©
There was a huge Window in the early 2000s that I simply missed every game.
Rose is far more annoying than Raiden, she needed a backhand.

SHarris78

For anyone who has me (SHarris_78) on their friends list and has Motorstorm RC, pleeease beat some of my times so i can beat them back! Need to do this about 8 times via the pitwall to get my first platinum.

Carl

For anyone who has me (SHarris_78) on their friends list and has Motorstorm RC, pleeease beat some of my times so i can beat them back! Need to do this about 8 times via the pitwall to get my first platinum.

You actually don't. Just beat the same time 8 times :)

SHarris78

I know that... I was just letting him know he doesn't have to beat 8 different times.

Sorry, i'm confused. I thought to get that particular trophy you just had to go to the Pitwall and select any race where somebody has beaten your time (shows in red)? I've beaten two this morning, but all the other times are ones i've previously set, so now i've none to try and beat.

Carl

Sorry, i'm confused. I thought to get that particular trophy you just had to go to the Pitwall and select any race where somebody has beaten your time (shows in red)? I've beaten two this morning, but all the other times are ones i've previously set, so now i've none to try and beat.

If someone sends you a challenge it comes through as a message. You can just keep reloading the challenge message and keep beating it.

I know that... I was just letting him know he doesn't have to beat 8 different times.

I found an alternate way to to do it that none of the trophy sites seem to be on...

If you look closely at the pitwall, you'll see an entry for each of your friends; if you press triangle on this, you'll see a user profile for that profile. You can see *all* of their scores from here.

So if you go into the Festival and look at a track, you can note which of your friends have a *slightly* faster time than you (in fact, if you tank your first attempt at a race, everyone is likely to have a better time than you). Once you have a friend and a track in mind, you can go back to the pit wall and use the triangle on that friend's entry to view the profile again (as above). Pick their time on whatever track you found them to have bested you on and press x. Beat their time, exit. Go find the next one. If you're careful enough, you can beat multiple challenges per track this way.

That is, if me and you have times of say, 38.1 and 37.4 seconds, if the person doing launches via my 38.1 second time and manages a 37.8, then quits, they can go and launch the same track via your user profile and get a time of say 37 seconds, they'll have 2 challenges done.

This is how I did the trophy for the pit wall anyway.

If someone sends you a challenge it comes through as a message. You can just keep reloading the challenge message and keep beating it.

This works too, but nobody was sending me challengs; by the time I had a challenge, I had already figured out the above method and gotten my trophy.

--

Is that MGS:HD thing for Gamers Club Unlocked or Gamers' Club (free)?

Its just frontier... meh

Yeah but I'd take anything on Vita. It just makes no sense how there hasn't been a single word or hope yet, even Shuhei was mum on it when asked about it - which is really saddening, meaning there's literally nothing in the works. You'd think with how MH was a runaway success on the PSP, they'd at least try putting ONE game on the Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom