• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
i'm playing valkyria chronicles so i'm probably gonna alternate between some of my favorite characters(Rosie today)

RgVpd.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can't you just reach a new save point in the PS3 version and save it then so it has the new version's stamp?

AFAIR, no. It has to be made later. Like MGS4's trophy patch.

Agent X

Basically. Zen Pinball 2 is more of a free platform and you purchase the tables. Any previous tables you have purchased from Marvel Pinball or Zen will work with it across both platforms. Basically the way it should work is if you have purchased any tables from before on PS3 with the Vita download on tuesday those tables should be available for you to download to vita as already purchased.

Cannot wait, this will be my game for Sept. PSone update was great but this is what I was waiting for . Bought the Avengers tables yesterday and waiting to play them for the first time on Vita. Hopefully have some of you on my friends list playing for the leaderboards.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this as well. I've already got a good number of tables from the PS3 versions of Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball. The new Plants vs. Zombies table looks mighty nice, too.

Vitacat

CAG reporting $199 Vita for Labor Day Sale at Fry's.

Jump on it people. You know you want one.

But I still think Best Buy's Madden deal was the best one yet. I got my $50 gift card yesterday, and I flipped Madden for $24. So basically I paid $176 for the Vita. ^_^ Well, more like $200 after taxes, but still. Good deal.

fernoca

I have a regular old Reward Zone card. Do I need something more than that?
A few extra steps:
-Go here.
-Click the MGSHD offer.
-Sign in.
-"Claim" the offer.
-Go to Best Buy.
-Hand the game and your card.
-Discount is automatically applied (some stores might ask for a printout of the page you get, or show your cellphone wth the app and the page you get with the offer; others don't ask for anything else).

Kojima loves over-complicating things for no reason.

its a bum deal, but see it from a quality control/programming viewpoint....those that had already played partially thru MGS3/MGS4, how is the trophy system supposed to detect i.e. how many no-alert playthrough you had? how many guards you took down? which playthrough did you use the least rations? the most practical was probably to make everyone start from the beginning

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this as well. I've already got a good number of tables from the PS3 versions of Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball. The new Plants vs. Zombies table looks mighty nice, too.

I'm super excited for Zen Pinball 2 as well. The Vita is really going to change my purchasing habits. Previously I've been buying most of their tables through Pinball FX 2 on 360 where I have a lot of friends to compete with on scores, but I can't pass up paying once and getting tables for both PS3 and Vita. Luckily a lot of those tables on 360 were paid for using points I earned through Bing Rewards so I don't feel too bad about walking away.

eastmen

Banned
did vita's drop in price like a rock ? I'm looking to sell mine and it seems you can't even get $300 forthe system and some other stuff thrown in.

Vitacat

did vita's drop in price like a rock ? I'm looking to sell mine and it seems you can't even get $300 forthe system and some other stuff thrown in.

Lots of good deals these days, yes. No way you're gonna get $300 unless you have shitloads of games with it. I got mine this past week for $250, including Madden 13 and a $50 gift card, for example. So I basically paid $174 for a brand new Vita (and it's awesome).

Why exactly are you even selling it? Best handheld hardware ever made, plenty of great games now and on the way.

And anyone who actually believes Sony will simply let it literally die is mistaken. Not gonna happen. They will simply adjust strategies until they get it moving. All they really need are price drops and a few heavy hitting titles, and that can take some time to happen. We're not even a year in yet.

eastmen

Banned
i won it at taco bell. Seeing the titles that are coming out I came to understand that I simply have no intrest in the thing.

I have a vita + uncharted + 32 gig sd card + case + cradle + extra cable. What do you think its worth $250 ?

I rather sell it and put more money into the engagement ring fund than have something collecting dust.

Only if I use my 3rd party USB cable, the orginal Sony one seems to work fine.

I've got the official Sony USB, but once I run the content manager, my touch screen is completely unresponsive. It only seems to work when it wants to, but the moment I disconnect the usb, the touch screen goes back to normal.

Skyzard

Banned
i won it at taco bell. Seeing the titles that are coming out I came to understand that I simply have no intrest in the thing.

I have a vita + uncharted + 32 gig sd card + case + cradle + extra cable. What do you think its worth $250 ?

I rather sell it and put more money into the engagement ring fund than have something collecting dust.

I'm sure you would get a better price selling the 32 individually..

I would also suggest waiting till a little before christmas if you can, I'm sure demand will go up by then - it's unlikely (from what we've heard...from sony..) that there will be a price drop soon (besides the bundles (EU?)) so you should be alright for a while.

Might get to play some new games in the mean time (month or two) and possibly even change your mind..save you the hassle of buying it back.

JSR will do it..too bad it's taking it's sweet time. (A nice reminder clip excuse the gameplay...)

patsu

I've got the official Sony USB, but once I run the content manager, my touch screen is completely unresponsive. It only seems to work when it wants to, but the moment I disconnect the usb, the touch screen goes back to normal.

That's odd ! What happens if you try with a different PC and cable ?

patsu

I'm sure you would get a better price selling the 32 individually..

I would also suggest waiting till a little before christmas if you can, I'm sure demand will go up by then - it's unlikely (from what we've heard...from sony..) that there will be a price drop soon (besides the bundles (EU?)) so you should be alright for a while.

Might get to play some new games in the mean time (month or two) and possibly even change your mind..save you the hassle of buying it back.

JSR will do it..too bad it's taking it's sweet time.

If he's not using the system, it is probably better for him to sell it so that someone else who are more interested can play it at a lower price than MSRP.

Vitacat

That is a NICE win you got. Man, I woulda been ecstatic to win that swag. Lucky dude.

It is worth $300 IMO, if it's in excellent (like new) condition. I'm almost tempted to buy it from you myself and give it to my wife. LOL. But I don't think she really wants one, even though she thinks my Vita is pretty cool. She's more of an iOS casual gamer.

Try Craiglist? Or try the sales thread here on GAF, in the community forum. Click here.

EDIT: is it WiFi or 3G version?

Has anyone else been play Montezuma Blitz? I just gave it a shot recently, and as someone who hasn't played many match three games before I've really fallen down a hole. I heard it was pretty bad at launch but the current version is for 20-30 minutes a day of fun without spending a dime.

whitehawk

Banned
#GAMECHANGER if it includes cross-platform save.

I haven't touched my copy of Ico/Shadow of the Colossus re-release, having a portable version might tempt me like MGS did recently, especially with transferable savs and Trophies.
That screen is a just a picture of the new remote play feature, not a new port for the Vita.

Marz

Why does Sony always do bundles with a Madden or something? Who is rushng out to buy a new handheld to play Madden?

Bundle one of their "system sellers" like Gravity Rush or something

Why does Sony always do bundles with a Madden or something? Who is rushng out to buy a new handheld to play Madden?

Bundle one of their "system sellers" like Gravity Rush or something

Considering they are doing it all the time someone must be buying them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom