• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
NilkK.jpg

Soon? So by next Christmas, maybe?

Marz

You guys didn't see the quotation marks there or what? I'm very aware that Gravity Rush is not a system seller.

Vitacat

Why does Sony always do bundles with a Madden or something? Who is rushng out to buy a new handheld to play Madden?

Bundle one of their "system sellers" like Gravity Rush or something

Madden is very popular.

If you want a Vita, get the Best Buy Madden deal, and just trade Madden to them right there in the store. I did. You'll get $24 for Madden. So that's $74 in BB gift cards plus a Vita for $250. Great deal.

Bluforce

I passed Tomb Raider savegame from PS Vita to PS3, and it works.

But, really, on PS Vita this game looks so much better than how it looks on PS3.

Has anyone else been play Montezuma Blitz? I just gave it a shot recently, and as someone who hasn't played many match three games before I've really fallen down a hole. I heard it was pretty bad at launch but the current version is for 20-30 minutes a day of fun without spending a dime.

Its an addictive game, and has trophies.

demigod

Madden is very popular.

If you want a Vita, get the Best Buy Madden deal, and just trade Madden to them right there in the store. I did. You'll get $24 for Madden. So that's $74 in BB gift cards plus a Vita for $250. Great deal.

Isn't that deal over? Pretty sure it ended 9-1.

Shinriji

Has anyone else been play Montezuma Blitz? I just gave it a shot recently, and as someone who hasn't played many match three games before I've really fallen down a hole. I heard it was pretty bad at launch but the current version is for 20-30 minutes a day of fun without spending a dime.

TOM Blitz is the best game on Vita. No, I'm not kidding.

TOM is dangerous - i don't start it because then it sucks 30 minutes which could be used to fight against PSP backlog.

edit: I ninja'ed Emperor and now his posts has compeltly diffrent emaning :D

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Gravity Rush is not a system seller.

It was for me!

So much better to buy a system, and get a unique exclusive, rather than some rehashed port / downscaling of something already established.

And if GR couldn't sell a Vita on it's own to everyone, just toss in a PSN Card / A downloadable like Super Startdust, or Mutant Blobs ATTACK, along with it.

A vita bundle for every niche would be kinda nice. Instead of just focusing on the samey titles every other system also has a copy of, also having bundles that appeal to indie game fans, japanese gaming fans, rpg fans, MH fans, import gaming fans, retro gaming fans, rhythm fans, create/build/share fans... any of these, would help get the system into the hands of a wider variety of people.

With PSP, PSN, PSV, PS1, PSMobile... so many libraries that'll be available to Vita, they could get really creative. I wonder how a Vita with Final fantasy Etching/wallpapers, 8 gig mem card, FF 7 through 9, and an exclusive early-access translated port (Maybe like 1 or 2 months) of Final Fantasy Type 0 to Vita would sell, for example...

Shinriji

You really think TOM Blitz DF is the BEST game on Vita, or you just mean is the one you play more?

Both. I mean, it is super fun for itself, but if you into the weekly leaderboards ranking, the fun factor increases a lot. Just grab some friends that are into it.

It helps a lot that is the ONLY game that my gf likes to play with me. Quality time!

Tizoc

Why S-E doesn't think FF Type-0 would sell hotcakes if it got an English Vita release is beyond me...but then again that's how they've been somewhat this gen @3@
Anyways, seems Gurumin is gonna be Vita compatible this week, along with Growlanser 4, but I guess Sony didn't officially state such for the latter?
How is Gurumin? If it's for 10 dollars on US PSN I may get it.

Vitacat

Why S-E doesn't think FF Type-0 would sell hotcakes if it got an English Vita release is beyond me...but then again that's how they've been somewhat this gen @3@
Anyways, seems Gurumin is gonna be Vita compatible this week, along with Growlanser 4, but I guess Sony didn't officially state such for the latter?
How is Gurumin? If it's for 10 dollars on US PSN I may get it.

Its a very fun action rpg with nice design. Def worth 10 bucks. Where did u hear its coming to us psn?

RpgN

Now that Unit-13 has been technically completed, I got into Virtua Tennis 4 and Sound Shapes.

You guys!!! Both games are so good and they surprised me. I really liked and am impressed with Virtua Tennis 4 even though I suck at it so far, I'm surprised more with Sound Shapes. Since I was charmed by its style straight away even though the screenshots didn't do anything for me before, and I was also surprised how it's so simple to create user levels. I made a small level within minutes 0_0 It's certainly even more accessible than Little Big Planet on the PS3.

Moobabe

It was for me!

So much better to buy a system, and get a unique exclusive, rather than some rehashed port / downscaling of something already established.

And if GR couldn't sell a Vita on it's own to everyone, just toss in a PSN Card / A downloadable like Super Startdust, or Mutant Blobs ATTACK, along with it.

A vita bundle for every niche would be kinda nice. Instead of just focusing on the samey titles every other system also has a copy of, also having bundles that appeal to indie game fans, japanese gaming fans, rpg fans, MH fans, import gaming fans, retro gaming fans, rhythm fans, create/build/share fans... any of these, would help get the system into the hands of a wider variety of people.

With PSP, PSN, PSV, PS1, PSMobile... so many libraries that'll be available to Vita, they could get really creative. I wonder how a Vita with Final fantasy Etching/wallpapers, 8 gig mem card, FF 7 through 9, and an exclusive early-access translated port (Maybe like 1 or 2 months) of Final Fantasy Type 0 to Vita would sell, for example...

I think you make a lot of good points; I work in games retail and there's 2 sticking points for people with the Vita (at least from my experience) being the price and the library.

For what you get for your money, it's worth it. But people can't afford to put down £200+ for a handheld system when the game's are £25+ on top of that in addition to a memory card.

There are some good games for it but nothing, yet, with the broad appeal of a Mario or Professor Layton title. I hope that Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed inspire people to pick up the console, and show developers that it's worth putting things out for the system.

If there's an enormous PS1 sale then that could really help as well.

I think you make a lot of good points; I work in games retail and there's 2 sticking points for people with the Vita (at least from my experience) being the price and the library.

For what you get for your money, it's worth it. But people can't afford to put down £200+ for a handheld system when the game's are £25+ on top of that in addition to a memory card.

There are some good games for it but nothing, yet, with the broad appeal of a Mario or Professor Layton title. I hope that Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed inspire people to pick up the console, and show developers that it's worth putting things out for the system.

If there's an enormous PS1 sale then that could really help as well.

I think game prices should be €29(psn) and €39 (retail) max, its hard to justify buying a Vita game for €49.

I wrote on my site the other day that I think it's a bummer there isn't a 25th Anniversay Final Fantasy edition of the Vita. Forget about 7-9, with the PSP port of FFIII coming out shortly, they could include vouchers for Vita compatible versions for literally every mainline Final Fantasy from 1-9. And they've already committed to FFX HD on Vita which could lead to FFXII. Vita is the Final Fantasy jukebox I've always wanted.

Is anyone else having problems getting FFVII saves onto their Vita? I have an old PSP save file that's on my PC and it doesn't seem to be showing up in Content Manager, even with the save 'trick'. It worked for Vagrant Story, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems?

Carl

You guys!!! Both games are so good and they surprised me. I really liked and am impressed with Virtua Tennis 4 even though I suck at it so far, I'm surprised more with Sound Shapes. Since I was charmed by its style straight away even though the screenshots didn't do anything for me before, and I was also surprised how it's so simple to create user levels. I made a small level within minutes 0_0 It's certainly even more accessible than Little Big Planet on the PS3.

:D Sound Shapes is brilliant. Hell, even my girlfriend loves it and she's not a game person at all.

Carl

So i was just randomly browsing YouTube because i am pretty bored and can't be arsed to play on a game.

Anyway i stumbled upon the Black Ops Declassified video which now is almost at 300,000 views and there are actually people saying it looks good!

Quick

Banned
As much as I shat on MW3, I actually look forward to Black Ops Declassified. Though, I'm worried about multiplayer, specifically if there are even a ton of people that will pick it up to have a sizable amount of peple to play with online.

Carl

^Don't hate on CoD!

Even if you love CoD it's hard to deny that trailer isn't very promising

But hey, on the bright side...if it's successful and sells well, Activision may put more resources their way next year. Hell, Nihilistic might even earn enough money to make a half decent game if it sells well

Maybe.

I currently have Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Wipeout, MGS:HD and Rayman.
Can't wait for LBP/PS All Stars.
Question... how much is Ico standalone on EU PSN, and is it worth it for someone who hasn't played it?

Even if you love CoD it's hard to deny that trailer isn't very promising

But hey, on the bright side...if it's successful and sells well, Activision may put more resources their way next year. Hell, Nihilistic might even earn enough money to make a half decent game if it sells well

Maybe.

The trailer looked like Golden Eye 64...
I don't mean that in a good way either, when Golden Eye 64 came out it looked good, but Black Ops declassified looks horrible.
AC looks good though.
It is open world isn't it?

Quick

Banned
Yeah AC3L looks great. Good to see Ubi is really trying with that one. Pretty sure it's open world.

Bloodlines was so shit, but I'm glad they're doing a Vita game, and it looks like they put a ton of effort this time.

I borrowed Bloodlines from someone just so I can hook up my PSP to my PS3 and get the bonus stuff for ACII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom