• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just used the content manager for the first time. I wanted to back up my saves and maybe copy over a few pictures. Why is it that once I plug in my USB cable to the PC, the screen on my Vita gets so unresponsive? Does this happen to anyone else?

SHarris78

So I just used the content manager for the first time. I wanted to back up my saves and maybe copy over a few pictures. Why is it that once I plug in my USB cable to the PC, the screen on my Vita gets so unresponsive? Does this happen to anyone else?

I use content manager but haven't noticed any unresponsiveness.

whitehawk

Banned
My PSP Go and Iphone 4s says otherwise.
Nope. I hate that when the iPhone is off, the black screen doesn't blend with it at all, nor does the camera and earpieces.

w57Ko.jpg

Benedict

Since Zen Pinball 2 is being released this week, I need to delete something on my Vita.
I am thinking about Little Big Planet PSP and Modnation Racers PSP which I got for free after the armageddon.
Are they worth keeping? I haven't played them yet at all.

Otherwise I'm thinking about either GTA Chinatown or Vice City Stories. Havent' played them either.

I still haven't played Cliff Diving, Table Football or Fireworks. Only reason they are on at the moment is for the trophies. Are they quick trophies so I can run them through once and then delete them?

Since Zen Pinball 2 is being released this week, I need to delete something on my Vita.
I am thinking about Little Big Planet PSP and Modnation Racers PSP which I got for free after the armageddon.

Otherwise I'm thinking about either GTA Chinatown or Vice City Stories. Havent' played them either.

I still haven't played Cliff Diving, Table Football or Fireworks. Only reason they are on at the moment is for the trophies. Are they quick trophies so I can run them through once and then delete them?

I wouldn't recommend LBP PSP or ModNation PSP, I only tried LBP for 5 minutes, but it didn't click, so I immediately deleted it. Didn't even bother to download ModNation because the buzz about was poor.

I've heard weird things about VCS -- like that it doesn't benefit from the dual stick mapping because the game originally used the L button (hold) to initiate camera control? That makes it sound like the game would be awkward to play, but I'd still give it the nod over LBP or ModNation, personally. But if you're hurting for space, that one would be next on my list.

Rasec

Gravity Rush and WipEout in between.

Give me wipeout, pretty please!! *__* xD

well, if you have some good time to play now i would go gravity rush. xP
if only a little go wipeout.
if you felling to kick some stuff go destiny.

At least this is how i would decide! xD

Akito

Only if I use my 3rd party USB cable, the orginal Sony one seems to work fine.

Ponn

Banned
Is Zen Pinball 2 gonna be a 'buy once, play on PS3 and Vita'?

Basically. Zen Pinball 2 is more of a free platform and you purchase the tables. Any previous tables you have purchased from Marvel Pinball or Zen will work with it across both platforms. Basically the way it should work is if you have purchased any tables from before on PS3 with the Vita download on tuesday those tables should be available for you to download to vita as already purchased.

Cannot wait, this will be my game for Sept. PSone update was great but this is what I was waiting for . Bought the Avengers tables yesterday and waiting to play them for the first time on Vita. Hopefully have some of you on my friends list playing for the leaderboards.

Zen Pinball 2 is more of a free platform and you purchase the tables. Any previous tables you have purchased from Marvel Pinball or Zen will work with it across both platforms.

Hmmm... so that means the tables they gave us for PS+ should work? I'll try that out then, I guess. :)

JoshHood

LBP PSP isn't as good as the mainline games, but still fun. Feels noticeably scaled down. Not played ModNation, but as above heard it wasn't great. Vice City Stories is a lot of fun, one of the best in the series, but yes, the camera doesn't really benefit from the Vita at all. Much better than Chinatown.

As far as I know, the AR games don't have trophies at all.

Famassu

I don't really have an opinion over one or the other in regards to black & white handhelds/phones (both can look sexysmexy), but white is definitely the way to go for stuff like TVs and computers that gather a shittons of dust on them. Black TVs look so ugly even within a short time of not wiping the dust off. With white TVs, you don't have to be constantly wiping the dust off.

I've been waiting months for zen pinball 2. I have all 25 tables, that I haven't even played that much on the PS3, ready and waiting on to be played on that screen.

Plus plants vs zombies table : )

I don't really have an opinion over one or the other in regards to black & white handhelds/phones (both can look sexysmexy), but white is definitely the way to go for stuff like TVs and computers that gather a shittons of dust on them. Black TVs look so ugly even within a short time of not wiping the dust off. With white TVs, you don't have to be constantly wiping the dust off.

How many white tvs are there? :p

P90

I'm in need of some advice. I updated my Vita to firmware 1.80. I connected my Vita for a back up to my iMac running Mountain Lion (10.8.1). I opened up CMA. I got the prompt that I need to update CMA. I downloaded the update. The installer of the update keeps crashing upon launch. The installer even says it needs to crash and re-launch. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution/work around? Thx.

Carl

When he huffs and puffs you can fire off a quick 3-4 shots into him. Much easier than hoping to aim every shot.....assuming he stops at some point on every difficulty.

It's weird because i have no problem with it on console.

Typically, as soon as i complain about it, i can do it.

OmegaZero

Fuck, i hate Fatman. Can't keep my aim on him on Vita >.<

You can roll into him or melee combo him to knock him over.
Claymores help too as long as you don't run into them.

Also, speaking of MGS:

Anyone know if KojiPro is still following through with their "all our future games will support transfarring" claim? It'd be nice to have a portable version of MGS:GZ, but with the lack of news about ZOE HD Vita, I'm worried.

I'm in need of some advice. I updated my Vita to firmware 1.80. I connected my Vita for a back up to my iMac running Mountain Lion (10.8.1). I opened up CMA. I got the prompt that I need to update CMA. I downloaded the update. The installer of the update keeps crashing upon launch. The installer even says it needs to crash and re-launch. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution/work around? Thx.

I never had that problem. Reinstall it.

Carl

You can roll into him or melee combo him to knock him over.
Claymores help too as long as you don't run into them.

Also, speaking of MGS:

Anyone know if KojiPro is still following through with their "all our future games will support transfarring" claim? It'd be nice to have a portable version of MGS:GZ, but with the lack of news about ZOE HD Vita, I'm worried.

Yeah i've played it tons of times on PS2. Don't like using claymores because i forget they're there. I just go for shooting the shit out of him. Couldn't do it quick enough on Vita though. Done it now though.

Dunno about GZ.

Are the menus in Japanese though? I can read Save/Load in Japanese and Configuration but the rest is a crap shoot. lol

Yeah, they're in Japanese, but it's kinda straight forward for the most part. I believe each menu option has an icon that tells you what it is(music note for songs, cart for hop, house for diva rooms, etc.)

patsu

I saw that message on my ML. It installed ok even after the crash. Check the About CMA box. It should say 1.20.blah

patsu

Tried again. The installer keeps wanting to open folder after folder. It will not recognize CMA for an update either. :(

What happens if you change the Security setting to allow installs by unidentified developers temporarily ?

P90

I saw that message on my ML. It installed ok even after the crash. Check the About CMA box. It should say 1.20.blah

What happens if you change the Security setting to allow installs by unidentified developers temporarily ?

Mine says 1.10.4086.78.

I had to change the security setting to install. It still isn't working. FWIW, I have been having issues with a couple other programs not working with 10.8.1.

Loaded up Shinobido 2 this morning and started playing it... Hey! This game is fun! :) Decidedly last-gen to early-this-gen in terms of assets and design, and the boss fights can reveal the weaknesses in the camera/movement system, but screw it - sneaking up behind some disgruntled guard and disemboweling him before he knows you are there is a hoot! Don't know if I'll play it through to the end, but I'm enjoying it so far...

* full disclosure: I enjoyed Tenchu on the PSP, too...

patsu

Mine says 1.10.4086.78.

I had to change the security setting to install. It still isn't working. FWIW, I have been having issues with a couple other programs not working with 10.8.1.

May have to reinstall ML if that is the case.

OmegaZero

Yeah i've played it tons of times on PS2. Don't like using claymores because i forget they're there. I just go for shooting the shit out of him. Couldn't do it quick enough on Vita though. Done it now though.

Dunno about GZ.

It's the Vita's finicky sticks, I guess.

Haven't had much issues myself except when it comes to sniping.

fernoca

Got Metal Gear Solid HD thanks to the Best Buy deal! No rush in playing it but the price was quite good.

Also got a 16GB Memory Card. My original plan was to upgrade from 4 to 32, but the 16-one was for $40 and I'm getting all games through retail. Was fine with 4GB until the DLC for Ridge Racer ate nearly 1GB. :p

Carl

Got Metal Gear Solid HD thanks to the Best Buy deal! No rush in playing it but the price was quite good.

Also got a 16GB Memory Card. My original plan was to upgrade from 4 to 32, but the 16-one was for $40 and I'm getting all games through retail. Was fine with 4GB until the DLC for Ridge Racer ate nearly 1GB. :p

Now you can buy Mutant Blobs Attack! (If you haven't already)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom