• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haliela

Also, WTF is going on with Phantasy Star Portable 2? I am seriously pissed off that they pulled it from the store. Put that sonofabitch back up and make it Vita compatible. I've read so many people complaining about that.

Seriously. I have no idea why Sony has such a hard time getting shit on the store.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Also, WTF is going on with Phantasy Star Portable 2? I am seriously pissed off that they pulled it from the store. Put that sonofabitch back up and make it Vita compatible. I've read so many people complaining about that.

Seriously. I have no idea why Sony has such a hard time getting shit on the store.

They removed many PSP games because of some sort of exploit that allow Vita to be completely hacked and PSP2 might be one of them.

Mileena

Banned
They removed many PSP games because of some sort of exploit that allow Vita to be completely hacked and PSP2 might be one of them.

PSP2 was removed a while ago. Before Vita was even out iirc.

It's ridiculous though, Sega must hate money or something. There's no excuse for PSP2 not being on US PSN and Vita compatible. Ragnarok can't come soon enough!

Haliela

It's almost as if Sony doesn't even want my money. I want to give it to them, but they make it so so difficult to do so.

Gungnir, Unchained Blades, Phantasy Star Portable? I'll give you money for those. Sony says "nope too bad." Hell, two of those are now Vita compatible, and they still wont let me buy them on my Vita for shits and giggles.

Ein Bear

Playting through Final Fantasy IV at the minute, and I seriously can't get over how good this looks on the Vita screen.

Now I just want to play, like, every sprite-based game on the thing... Publishers need to start throwing some classics up to download.

It's ridiculous though, Sega must hate money or something. There's no excuse for PSP2 not being on US PSN and Vita compatible. Ragnarok can't come soon enough!

This. Totobeni I corrected you before about this and you keep thinking it - it was pulled before Vita was out. It's as simple as that.

Heaven forbid they actually put them on the damn Vita store. That shit must be extremely hard to do.

They just became playable on the Vita on Saturday. Chances are when the PSN is updated on Tuesday, they'll be added to the Vita store.

I picked up both games on Saturday but I've only played Unchained Blades so far because it's too fun. Take Etrian Odyssey as a core, add Disgaea-esque story & characters, monster catching, a LV-Up system that's like a better version of Final Fantasy X's sphere grid, and wrap it all in good anime art and a great soundtrack and you've got Unchained Blades. It's a little on the grindy & unbalanced side (but not too bad) but even so, it's the most fun I've had with an RPG in a long time.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

This. Totobeni I corrected you before about this and you keep thinking it - it was pulled before Vita was out. It's as simple as that.

oh thanks for the correction.

then maybe SEGA just don't want Vita owners money?you know in this bad economy and all.. SEGA must really cares about all of us.

Haliela

They just became playable on the Vita on Saturday. Chances are when the PSN is updated on Tuesday, they'll be added to the Vita store.

I picked up both games on Saturday but I've only played Unchained Blades so far because it's too fun. Take Etrian Odyssey as a core, add Disgaea-esque story & characters, monster catching, a LV-Up system that's like a better version of Final Fantasy X's sphere grid, and wrap it all in good anime art and a great soundtrack and you've got Unchained Blades. It's a little on the grindy & unbalanced side (but not too bad) but even so, it's the most fun I've had with an RPG in a long time.

I really hope so.

highrider

Banned
I was at work today when this old lady appeared and asked me for an adventure game for the Vita. My first reaction was to ask her fow what age did she wanted it "Well, for me of course!" she laughed while her husband started to laugh.

This woman is the greatest fan of Uncharted, I can assure you that. After asking me first if I had played GA she started talking to me about the plot, about how the game felt like a movie and how she loved to play it on the bed with her husband watching. Of course she had played the PS3 trilogy and even tried multiplayer.

After a good ten minutes talking about Uncharted I recommend her to take Gravity Rush "Oh but I finished it yesterday, what a beautiful game!" After this I was with my mouth open and I only asked "Didn't you get dizzy?" "Sometimes I'd get a bit lost, but then I shifted gravity back to normal for a few seconds and everything was alright" she smiled.

When I finally assumed I was in front of an 70 something hardcore gamer I told her "you know what? you should go and try this one" as I handled her a copy of MGS HD and started to explain that it was an action/stealth game very story focused. Oh GAF you wouldn't believe her face as I introduced her to the mechanics and spy argument of MGS3, it was like the face of the kids who come to buy skylanders figurines or pokemon games.

Finally she asked what other adventure games would come out and I showed the AC: Liberation fake box (surprise, she's an AC fan too) "A girl? this one is in Italy too???", also I explained her that there are many other games on PSN (she liked the looks of Mutant Blobs and that chess game) and showed her the latest TLOU trailer which she adored.

I've been all day with a smile on my face because of this. If only more people was as open minded as this couple...

man, it made me really happy to read this.

Famassu

It's almost as if Sony doesn't even want my money. I want to give it to them, but they make it so so difficult to do so.

Gungnir, Unchained Blades, Phantasy Star Portable? I'll give you money for those. Sony says "nope too bad." Hell, two of those are now Vita compatible, and they still wont let me buy them on my Vita for shits and giggles.
Phantasy Star's removal has nothing to do with Sony and everything to do with SEGA. And Sony also doesn't choose the pricing of other publishers' games on PSN, so people should stop blaming them for every game that is still pricy.

Also, someone asked above, Sound Shapes IS coming to Vita. It was originally a Vita exclusive game...

spannicus

Well folks dont expect Shoot Many Robots for Vita anytime soon. Demiurge told me they would love to make it but they need a Publisher.

spannicus

They can self-publish on PSN...

Did you guys ever announce a Vita version, would love to play it.
Like ·

Demiurge Studios no Vita version :( We'd love to make it, but need a publisher.
about an hour ago · Like

Sucks because i was waiting to buy it on the Vita, probably wont play it on the big screen.

Takao

Banned
Did you guys ever announce a Vita version, would love to play it.
Like ·

Demiurge Studios no Vita version :( We'd love to make it, but need a publisher.
about an hour ago · Like

If they need money (since you can self-publish on PSN) may I suggest Kickstarter?*

*This will show that there's 10 people who own Vita in the world.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So, what's the most visually impressive game
On the vita? I only have MK (haha) but so far it seems that the Unit 13 demo really pushes the system hard.

Uncharted GA
Gravity Rush (amazing looking,huge open world)
Virtua Tennis 4 (native res, look super sharp like it's on PS3)

Phantasy Star's removal has nothing to do with Sony and everything to do with SEGA. And Sony also doesn't choose the pricing of other publishers' games on PSN, so people should stop blaming them for every game that is still pricy.

Also, someone asked above, Sound Shapes IS coming to Vita. It was originally a Vita exclusive game...

Keii asked Sega about it a while back, and they said it was Sony's fault. This was Japanese Sega, anyway.

So, what's the most visually impressive game
On the vita? I only have MK (haha) but so far it seems that the Unit 13 demo really pushes the system hard.

Gravity Rush. I own(ed) most of the titles available.
I'd have to go with:
Uncharted
Gravity Rush (Best imo)
Wipeout
And UMVC3 is alright (as a straight ps3 to vita port)

edit: haven't played Vitrua Tennis so I can't speak for that one.

Damn, it seems that I need to pick up virtua tennis one of these days. I need something to balance out how crappy mk looks (though its gameplay remains solid).

brentech

Graphics wise I don't think Gravity Rush was impressive at all considering they went with an art style that's fairly flat, plain modeling and yet still had bad jaggies.

Virtua Tennis looks stunning.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Graphics wise I don't think Gravity Rush was impressive at all considering they went with an art style that's fairly flat, plain modeling and yet still had bad jaggies.

Virtua Tennis looks stunning.

lack of AA what hurt it really, but it's technically the most impressive one since it's open world and run smoothly with shit tons of things on the screen.

deadlast

I don't know why, but I haven't been able to put down Ghost of Sparta. That game is great. I hope more GoW games get made or maybe a heavenly sword game/port.

kuroshiki

Wait. Two of those? Which one? All of them are not compatible with vita.

Do any of you guys use screen protectors by any chance? I installed the Hori ones, but that cloth that was included in it seems to create scratches when I cleaned the screen (FYI I have a microfiber cloth, but it's currently drying off after I washed it earlier this evening).

If it scratches from the cloth that was included in the protector, I'm not so sure how it'd hold up. Contemplating just using it sans-protector as my PSP seemed to fare alright save for one scratch caused by the case it was in (decent amount of micro scratches, but they're not visible when the thing's turned on).

Anyone else had issues? Or if you didn't use protectors, has it held up as long as you check to make sure no dirt particles are on the Vita's screen?

MGSHD or Marvel vs Capcom 3 guys?

MGSHD

Do any of you guys use screen protectors by any chance? I installed the Hori ones, but that cloth that was included in it seems to create scratches when I cleaned the screen (FYI I have a microfiber cloth, but it's currently drying off after I washed it earlier this evening).

If it scratches from the cloth that was included in the protector, I'm not so sure how it'd hold up. Contemplating just using it sans-protector as my PSP seemed to fare alright save for one scratch caused by the case it was in (decent amount of micro scratches, but they're not visible when the thing's turned on).

Anyone else had issues? Or if you didn't use protectors, has it held up as long as you check to make sure no dirt particles are on the Vita's screen?

Used Hori with the original microfiber I got from Sony (either PSP or Vita not sure) and it seems to be holding up alright. I didn't use a screen protector on my PSP and I have some microscratches on it and I had it in the OG Logitech case almost 24/7. I don't like microscratches too much so screen protector this time around.

branny

We're probably going to see PSO2 before PSP2 gets added to the store again.

MGSHD or Marvel vs Capcom 3 guys?
Get whichever you like, but get Marvel digitally if you choose that one: quick, accessible bursts of high-energy fun without needing to change carts. :p

i never liked mgs, sorry

Koroviev

I'm not using a screen protector and I can't see any scratches under direct light. There are several naked vita advocates in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom