• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

branny

I don't really like MK (I have the PS3 ver.), but I would've bought the Vita one for $9.99 if I didn't miss out on it.

Actually, if every Vita game were to go on sale for $9.99 right now, I'd buy most of them and double dip on digital versions, too.

Seriously though most of the PSP games in PSN section needs to be $9.99. like NOW.
This would be great.

They patched Pinball Arcade to 1.02. It looks like they blurred some of the pinball art to make the ball stand out further. ^_^

LOL that explains it all. I think this is an issue with the Android version as well, apart from that one having the totally unacceptable facebook only leaderboards.

I don't have issues with Pinball Arcade. I am open to both 2D and 3D. The blur made the affected tables look ugly though.

Well, I am enjoying it anyway and was doing so well with Theatre of Magic today at work that I had to pause it because it was starting to take too long :^) But any improvements would be welcome.

EDIT: Well, there goes the last ball after only one minute, 3 billion total, not bad.

spannicus

Sony only allows a select few PSN games to be pre-ordered. Right now, no Vita games can be.

Thank you, I was just trying to preorder SS and Puddle before i wasted my money Lol.
There must be trendy asians here (Markham) because I was searching for presents and saw four people have it. I only noticed it because the name of the game is in English unlike most of the others.

I imported it and I really like it, Pretty irritating some of the puzzles but it looks and plays pretty good. Shame it's not doing good in Japan it's a tough crowd over there.

arimanius

Got a $50 PSN card and with all the talk of Disgaea 3, Persona 3, Virtual Tennis the last couple of pages thinking of trying one out. Haven't played any of the previous versions.

Leaning towards Disgaea 3 since I don't have an RTS yet on the Vita.

So many games, so little money. :(

Koroviev

Got a $50 PSN card and with all the talk of Disgaea 3, Persona 3, Virtual Tennis the last couple of pages thinking of trying one out. Haven't played any of the previous versions.

Get P3P while it's still on sale. Disgaea 3 can be had at retail for $30.

spannicus

Sony should really give us more options on the Vita PSN store, like the ability to preorder. Screenshots of titles and atleast some demos before the game releases. Also when the game you preorder becomes available you should receive a notification that informs you that your game will begin downloading.

Tiamant

I was at work today when this old lady appeared and asked me for an adventure game for the Vita. My first reaction was to ask her fow what age did she wanted it "Well, for me of course!" she laughed while her husband started to laugh.

This woman is the greatest fan of Uncharted, I can assure you that. After asking me first if I had played GA she started talking to me about the plot, about how the game felt like a movie and how she loved to play it on the bed with her husband watching. Of course she had played the PS3 trilogy and even tried multiplayer.

After a good ten minutes talking about Uncharted I recommend her to take Gravity Rush "Oh but I finished it yesterday, what a beautiful game!" After this I was with my mouth open and I only asked "Didn't you get dizzy?" "Sometimes I'd get a bit lost, but then I shifted gravity back to normal for a few seconds and everything was alright" she smiled.

When I finally assumed I was in front of an 70 something hardcore gamer I told her "you know what? you should go and try this one" as I handled her a copy of MGS HD and started to explain that it was an action/stealth game very story focused. Oh GAF you wouldn't believe her face as I introduced her to the mechanics and spy argument of MGS3, it was like the face of the kids who come to buy skylanders figurines or pokemon games.

Finally she asked what other adventure games would come out and I showed the AC: Liberation fake box (surprise, she's an AC fan too) "A girl? this one is in Italy too???", also I explained her that there are many other games on PSN (she liked the looks of Mutant Blobs and that chess game) and showed her the latest TLOU trailer which she adored.

I've been all day with a smile on my face because of this. If only more people was as open minded as this couple...

spannicus

I was at work today when this old lady appeared and asked me for an adventure game for the Vita. My first reaction was to ask her fow what age did she wanted it "Well, for me of course!" she laughed while her husband started to laugh.

This woman is the greatest fan of Uncharted, I can assure you that. After asking me first if I had played GA she started talking to me about the plot, about how the game felt like a movie and how she loved to play it on the bed with her husband watching. Of course she had played the PS3 trilogy and even tried multiplayer.

After a good ten minutes talking about Uncharted I recommend her to take Gravity Rush "Oh but I finished it yesterday, what a beautiful game!" After this I was with my mouth open and I only asked "Didn't you get dizzy?" "Sometimes I'd get a bit lost, but then I shifted gravity back to normal for a few seconds and everything was alright" she smiled.

When I finally assumed I was in front of an 70 something hardcore gamer I told her "you know what? you should go and try this one" as I handled her a copy of MGS HD and started to explain that it was an action/stealth game very story focused. Oh GAF you wouldn't believe her face as I introduced her to the mechanics and spy argument of MGS3, it was like the face of the kids who come to buy skylanders figurines or pokemon games.

Finally she asked what other adventure games would come out and I showed the AC: Liberation fake box (surprise, she's an AC fan too) "A girl? this one is in Italy too???", also I explained her that there are many other games on PSN (she liked the looks of Mutant Blobs and that chess game) and showed her the latest TLOU trailer which she adored.

I've been all day with a smile on my face because of this. If only more people was as open minded as this couple...

Niiice, does anyone think Kojima's Fox Engine project will make it to Vita considering the size of his games?

Koroviev

Coolest old lady ever. She's henceforth the Vita thread's patron saint.

zroid

Banned
Sony should really give us more options on the Vita PSN store, like the ability to preorder. Screenshots of titles and atleast some demos before the game releases. Also when the game you preorder becomes available you should receive a notification that informs you that your game will begin downloading.

Honest question, why do people pre-order games to download? I kind of get it on PS3 because they usually give some free dynamic theme, but lacking that incentive I don't understand the motivation.

spannicus

Honest question, why do people pre-order games to download? I kind of get it on PS3 because they usually give some free dynamic theme, but lacking that incentive I don't understand the motivation.

I'm a compulsive money spender and I would rather just pay for the game now than wait. I'm addicted to buying games.

Takao

Banned

Oh wow, this is an awesome story. If you've got anything similar don't feel afraid to share them!

zroid

Banned
I dunno, I'm pretty burned out with GoW, to be honest. I can't even muster a sliver of enthusiasm for Ascension. :(

But I'd gladly take a new action IP with different combat mechanics on Vita. There's a void that needs filling.

Sid

I am really hoping we get a new GOD on the Vita after playing Ghost of Sparta I could only imagine how sexy a new game would look on the Vita. It baffles me that GOW is a no show.

That's just a matter of time,since RAD rejected the title surely some other studio would pick this up soon

Takao

Banned
That's just a matter of time,since RAD rejected the title surely some other studio would pick this up soon

Prior to E3 Todd Pappy confirmed that GoW for Vita hadn't even begun pre-production at Santa Monica. It doesn't exist right now.

Newline

I'm a compulsive money spender and I would rather just pay for the game now than wait. I'm addicted to buying games.
Yep this is the reason I preorder digital downloads.

Paid off GW2 months ago, now I can play it without even having to think of the money.

Sid

Prior to E3 Todd Pappy confirmed that GoW for Vita hadn't even begun pre-production at Santa Monica. It doesn't exist right now.

I know but surely development can start soon enough by any other studio and we can have the logo announcement like always :p

If it helps, Disgaea 3 is a SPRG, not a RTS. Might as well grab P3P while it's $10 (if you're in NA)

sajj316

Clearly when people purchase GoW: A there will be a teaser for a new GoW on Vita.

You said before I could. I can't say for sure but I don't think any God of War overlapped marketing dollars. You won't hear anything on purpose until Ascension is released.

magawolaz

goddamnit. I got three little scratches on my screen ._.

you can't really see them unless you have a light source pointed at the screen...but I can't unsee them now. They are right in the middle of the screen, ffs.

What to do, GAF? After some googling, I learned that the stuff you use to polish silver is good to remove (?) scratches on screens. I think I'll try it out on my iPod and PSP before doing it on my Vita.
I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do; if it works, I'll buy a screen protector tomorrow, I don't want any more scratches. Any advice?

btw, awesome story Tiamant.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Seriously though most of the PSP games in PSN section needs to be $9.99. like NOW.

yeah all pre 2010 PSP titles need to be $10.

Sony is a monolithic slab. They don't understand this new-fangled concept of digital sales.

yeah but most of the full priced old crap are not Sony titles
-Ace Combat Joint Assault (2010) $39.99
-Blazing Souls Accelate (2010) $34.99
-Cars 2 (2011) $29.99
-Cloudy with a chance of meatballs (2009) $29.99
-Dead or Alive Paradise (2010) $29.99
-Dirt 2 (2009) $29.99
-DJMAX Portable 3 (2010) $39.99
-Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (2009) $29.99
-The Eye of Judgement Legends (2010) $29.99
-FIFA soccer 11 (2010) $29.99
-FIFA soccer 12 (2011) $39.99
-Gangs of London (2007) $22.99
-Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 (2009) $29.99
-IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey (2009) $29.99
-Lego Harry Potter Year 1-4 (2010) $29.99
-Locoroco (2008) $22.99 (note Locoroco 2 -2009 is for $7.99)
-Lord of the Rings Aragorn's Quest (2010) $29.99
-Parappa the Rapper (2008) $22.99
-Petz Dogz Family/Petz Hamsterz Bunch/Petz Saddle Club (all 2009) $29.99 each
-Persuit Force (2009) $22.99
-Soul Calibur Broken Destiny (2009) $39.99
-Tekken 6 (2009) $39.99
-UFC Undisputed (2010) $29.99
-Undead Knights (2009) $39.99
-Warriors Orochi 2 (2009) $29.99

and I'm not sure if Sony can force these publisher to cut the prices here.

but yeah seems like no one other than Valve know how to handle DD stores and prices.

I was at work today when this old lady appeared and asked me for an adventure game for the Vita. My first reaction was to ask her fow what age did she wanted it "Well, for me of course!" she laughed while her husband started to laugh...

yeah, there're are few of us out there who enjoy kicking back in our rockers with our vitas :) . nice post...

Ein Bear

This is the most amazing story :3

spannicus

Jump where?

first our Filipino girl now a gaffer, what with all the jumping today.

Jumping does not work because every time I jump I wake up again same time and date clutching my Vita just like the movie Groundhog Day. Unfortunately I can only escape this madness with new Vita releases.

Takao

Banned
Jumping does not work because every time I jump I wake up again same time and date clutching my Vita just like the movie Groundhog Day. Unfortunately I can only escape this madness with new Vita releases.

Are you in a really bad Hayden Christensen movie by any chance?

Just watched a few new Sound Shapes videos and saw one of the composers from Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery was one of the composers. Is there a chance of that game coming to VITA? I think it'd be a great fit for it giving the VITA being very indie-friendly.

Tiamant

Oh wow, this is an awesome story. If you've got anything similar don't feel afraid to share them!

Unfortunately most of the people who come here only want COD, the DS hit of the season (Layton, Inazuma, Pokemon...) or PS Live cards, so this woman was really a refreshing customer. Anyway, she promised to come back so expect her return sooner than later!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

oh that sort of jumping.

well let hope next week we get Retro City Rampage(if Microsoft released it from its jail)

You should jump on some of that $19.99 NBA 2k10

yeah all the old crap for 19.99 are bad too.

srsly all pre PSP 2010 titles need to be $10, that or Sony should just give us a UMD player add on.

Ein Bear

The End is saving what little life he has left for battle.

edm7I.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom