• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mace999

Neo Member
I live in Thailand and as the Vita is not officially out over here I have to import every game.
Does anybody know US sites that ship to America, Amazon and Bestbuy both don't ship to Thailand ....... I really want to get some games that I see you all talk about that are on sale.

wighti

I live in Thailand and as the Vita is not officially out over here I have to import every game.
Does anybody know US sites that ship to America, Amazon and Bestbuy both don't ship to Thailand ....... I really want to get some games that I see you all talk about that are on sale.

It's not American but have you tried videogameplus.ca?

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Seems like it would be much easier for you if you tried buying games from Hong Kong.

Play-Asia sells US games, so you could just go with them.

shaqnosis

Neo Member
Finally caught up on this thread. VitaGAF moves so quickly, that I fell behind like 30 pages from not reading for a couple of days!

Quick question: does anyone else find Virtua tennis online to suffer from bad lag? I'm sure I have downloaded a patch for the game, and I seem to remember people complaining about lag, but not sure if it was pre or post patch?

I finally ventured online and got smoked by the people I played*

Especially when I was trying to hit their serve returns there was a noticeable couple of seconds before my player responded to my button presses...the end result being a big attempted lunging hit to the side, after the ball had already sailed past.

* yeah I would have got smoked lag or no lag.

kiyomi

Decided to bite on Amazon's bundle.

Got the Vita, Rayman Origins and a free 4gb card arriving tomorrow. The 4gb won't last me long, as I have a bunch of already-downloaded PSP titles. I'll probably pick up another card and maybe Gravity Rush or MGS next week when I get paid.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day. And I can be a member of Vita GAF, properly. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
still playing UC:GA (playing it piecemeal) and every time I pop it in, I'm amazed by the aiming, its so natural. Do you think it'd work with console versions of the game? The sixaxis has motion sensors, seems it'd be fairly natural to fine-tune your aim with the controller.

HATE the motion QTEs though. I don't use the touch screen for climbing or any of that nonsense, and its good that they don't force you to. Only use the touch screen for grenades (aim and press the button). The QTEs are too jarring - my hands are comfortable and I need to release my right hand to swipe and its just uncomfortable. I'd also prefer if the takedown/melee icon could be done with a button too.

How many of you played through it multiple times to get the collectables? Seems like there are millions of them. When I started playing I thought I'd go back and look for them, but now I'm not sure I'll bother. Is it fairly doable or is it a chore?

acevans2

Decided to bite on Amazon's bundle.

Got the Vita, Rayman Origins and a free 4gb card arriving tomorrow. The 4gb won't last me long, as I have a bunch of already-downloaded PSP titles. I'll probably pick up another card and maybe Gravity Rush or MGS next week when I get paid.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day. And I can be a member of Vita GAF, properly. :)

Did you get Rayman Origins in a bundle? I don't see that on Amazon.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, i've only had my Vita a few months and there are already far too many bubbles and screens. 5 years into the PS3 and the shitloads of stuff are at least divided into music, tv, game branches with their own folder in there.
The bubbles don't work once you get over more than 4 screens worth, especially as 2 of those screens include built-in stuff that should really be combined into a couple of apps (the friends/trophies/settings/location bullshit).

Not only do the bubbles fill up the UI too much, but they roll over to the PS3, where I now have a big list of PSone and PSP/Vita games cluttering up my XMB because I can't put them in a folder. My actual PS3 games are right at the bottom in a neat little folder

softie

Not only do the bubbles fill up the UI too much, but they roll over to the PS3, where I now have a big list of PSone and PSP/Vita games cluttering up my XMB because I can't put them in a folder. My actual PS3 games are right at the bottom in a neat little folder

But you can put them in folders, just enter the "information" ("Triangle" button) of a game and put a name into it as a tag. Then just toggle through sorting options with "Square" and now you have all games seperated into folders with the same tag name.

Shinriji

How many of you played through it multiple times to get the collectables? Seems like there are millions of them. When I started playing I thought I'd go back and look for them, but now I'm not sure I'll bother. Is it fairly doable or is it a chore?

I am still taking my time with the game (close to the end) but I think that I will finish the game with 70-80% of the collectibles, and leaving the rest for the Hard and Crushing run. I think that the black market stuff will be more complicated.

But what an awesome game.

Damn you GAF. I left my Vita at home today and now I'm reading through this thread with mass regret, thinking I could play my Vita during lunch and my commute.

DAMNN YOUU.

Defuser

You know we're already in the third week of July but damn when are they gonna announced the date for the Vita heaven event? It's ridiculous that it has been delayed for so long.

Cyborg

what to do....
1. Buy Uncharted for Vita or
2. Buy €50 for PSN and then buy some games like GTA, Stardust ?

Tell me please

softie

what to do....

Tell me please

Buy PSN-Card, get awesome games like Stardust (+DLC), MBA, Pure Chess (if you like playing chess, especially with friends, MP mode over messaging is awesome) and wait for Uncharted go on sale. :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
what to do....

Tell me please

2. Buy a PSN card and benefit from PSN sales - right now you can get SE games for cheap.

Yep, that's the one. Can't wait!

Enjoy, I love my 3G but was gutted when I missed out on the Vodaphone deal by 1 day! £190 with a free 4GB card. Ended up getting from The Hut for £205 on it's own.

You will certainly need another card though and quite quickly. As you're from the UK the best value if you can be bothered with cashback is buying from Tesco Entertainment. They currently have 15% off a £25 spend (15OFF25) and also 8% cashback through Quidco. I often stock up on PSN cards when they are doing this deal making the £25 cards under £20.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
But you can put them in folders, just enter the "information" ("Triangle" button) of a game and put a name into it as a tag. Then just toggle through sorting options with "Square" and now you have all games seperated into folders with the same tag name.
You can't put the install bubbles into folders.

shaqnosis

Neo Member
No probs with Virtua Tennis here, i've played games against people in China, France and the US (i'm in UK).
I find that going into aggressive net-play confuses the fuck out of most online players, i came back from a 6-1 thrashing yesterday when i switched, and it was glorious.

Will have to try if again then as it may have just been a rough connection at the time. Definitely makes the games more intense when matching up against human players instead of the AI (not that the AI is bad...the matches just have a different feel to them).

Very happy with the single player portion of the game though. It is fitting nicely into the regular rotation with Hot Shots (Everybodys) Golf. I keep intending on finishing up Gravity Rush, but inevitably fire up Hot Shots or Virtua Tennis for a "quick round" first, and then end up playing them for the entire gaming session!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
You can't put the install bubbles into folders.

I didn't realize this, I'll have to try this out today.

Need to get back to Uncharted GA, as I got sidetracked playing Unit 13. So much better than I was expecting!

Anyways my PSN is ShinultramanJ if anyone wants to add me. The more Vita owning friends the better!

melman101

Does anyone know what happened to Doctor Who The Eternity Clock for Vita? I can not wait for that. I hear that's it not good, but I'm still a big Doctor Who fan. I am wondering why they haven't released it yet, maybe it was too broken for the Vita.

I haven't heard any news on this title in quite some time now.

Thanks for any info.

The Vita version of Metal Gear Solid 3 is so incredibly well done. Great visuals, well thought out touch controls, and solid performance make this my favorite version of the game so far. I wasn't sure if it would be worth the purchase since I already own the PS3 version of the HD collection but now I can safely say that I'm glad I picked it up for Vita. Seriously, if you need something to play on your Vita and you haven't checked it out I highly recommend it.

Also, I can't wait to replay MGS2, it's been a long time!

LMN

Hello GAF member!,

I just got my account activated =), I have been following NeoGaf for a while, especially Vita Thread. I'm a a big fan of portable console, and I just bought my own Vita 2 months ago, along with 3 games, Disgaea 3, DW next, and Rayman. Right now I'm playing MSG HD collection, while waiting to buy Persona 4 Golden =P.

Nice to meet all of you =)

PSN: LMNXZ

Letep

Hello GAF member!,

I just got my account activated =), I have been following NeoGaf for a while, especially Vita Thread. I'm a a big fan of portable console, and I just bought my own Vita 2 months ago, along with 3 games, Disgaea 3, DW next, and Rayman. Right now I'm playing MSG HD collection, while waiting to buy Persona 4 Golden =P.

Hi,

Nice to meet you! Glad you like your Vita.

My PSN ID: letep

Feel free to add me!

Hello GAF member!,

Cool, welcome to the wonderful world of GAF!

I'm looking forward to P4 as well, it'll be my first time playing that one.

Hobohodo

Hey guys my Vita seems to have froze in stand by mode. I just picked it up after leaving it for two days or so and it's not responding or anything. The PS button is still lit up though so I know it's turned on. Tried the power button and thats not doing anything, any one know of a fix?

Carl

Hello GAF member!,

Did you get Mutant Blobs Attack and/or Velocity? ;_;

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Hey guys my Vita seems to have froze in stand by mode. I just picked it up after leaving it for two days or so and it's not responding or anything. The PS button is still lit up though so I know it's turned on. Tried the power button and thats not doing anything, any one know of a fix?

Try holding the power button down for 20 to 30 seconds.

Also, to all the new Vita owning GAFfers... welcome to the family :)

I know you said you tried the power button but did you try holding it down for a good while? Sometimes if you just keep it held down for 30 seconds or so it will eventually shut off. That's the only thing I know to do.

EDIT: You win this time, Laguna X. :p

Did you get Mutant Blobs Attack and/or Velocity? ;_;
Like clockwork. ;)

Sid

Hold the power button for 30 secs that should bring up the recovery menu,restart it from there

Hobohodo

Cheers guys, I thought I had to hold Power AND the PS button to do the hard reset, guess that was stoping the recovery menu from popping up. Now to get the last Gravity Rush trophy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom