• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not using a screen protector and I can't see any scratches under direct light. There are several naked vita advocates in this thread.

That's good to hear. I had my 3DS sans-screen protector (had to send it in due to the bottom screen scratching issue, but besides that it was good), so hopefully it'd be the same for the Vita.

I think Gungnir and Unchained Blades can be transferred from a PS3.

I can confirm this, just transferred them over tonight.

Koroviev

That's good to hear. I had my 3DS sans-screen protector (had to send it in due to the bottom screen scratching issue, but besides that it was good), so hopefully it'd be the same for the Vita.

I don't have a screen protector on my 3DS either. The only cosmetic blemish is a very small scratch caused by contact with the lower screen.

Sushigod7

Do any of you guys use screen protectors by any chance? I installed the Hori ones, but that cloth that was included in it seems to create scratches when I cleaned the screen (FYI I have a microfiber cloth, but it's currently drying off after I washed it earlier this evening).

If it scratches from the cloth that was included in the protector, I'm not so sure how it'd hold up. Contemplating just using it sans-protector as my PSP seemed to fare alright save for one scratch caused by the case it was in (decent amount of micro scratches, but they're not visible when the thing's turned on).

Anyone else had issues? Or if you didn't use protectors, has it held up as long as you check to make sure no dirt particles are on the Vita's screen?

I'm using the official Sony version no issue for me, I rocked it naked for a week and got paranoid. I got a few scratches on my PSP when I traveled wih it. Sounds like the cloth is to rough which is weird.

Koroviev

No it really is. Regardless of quality. The Vita version shoud be sold at 2/3 of the price for having 2/3 of the content.

I'm not that perturbed by it. I understand people being upset about the omission of PW, but the collection is already more than 3 gigs. I think it would have been wise for them to discount it, but as someone who has no intention of playing PW, it doesn't really bother me.

DR2K

Banned
I'm not that perturbed by it. I understand people being upset about the omission of PW, but the collection is already more than 3 gigs. I think it would have been wise for them to discount it, but as someone who has no intention of playing PW, it doesn't really bother me.

They could have added a voucher for the PSP version, but they didn't even do that. I already own PW, but I can't play it until Sony decides to put the game up on the Vita store. This is why I hated the PSPgo until CFW.

Famassu

No it really is. Regardless of quality. The Vita version shoud be sold at 2/3 of the price for having 2/3 of the content.
Well, a quick look through Amazon UK shows that I can get MGS HD Vita for 19,67£ (from Amazon themselves) while the PS3 version goes for 35£. That's cheaper enough for me for not including Peace Walker.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
They could have added a voucher for the PSP version, but they didn't even do that. I already own PW, but I can't play it until Sony decides to put the game up on the Vita store. This is why I hated the PSPgo until CFW.

UMD player add on will be great and the best solution for Vita since the prices are crazy and Sony+other publishers being incompetent and don't want to release many their games on PSN (like Monster Kingdoms, Resistance: Retribution..ect)

Famassu

Yeah, I still have the original Phat DS which has had to suffer through not only MY countless hours with games like Ouendan 1 & 2, The World Ends With You and Kirby Canvas Curse, but also my brother's and cousin's childrens' (I sometimes gave my DS to them for a month or two to play some new games), yet its screen is in pretty good shape. The only protection I've had for PSP and now Vita is the original pouch that came with PSP. That's plenty enough to protect it from scratches when carrying it around. Can't always understand how some of you people handle your PSPs & Vitas & DSs to get them in such a bad state. :p

OmegaZero

My Vita is mostly naked, but I started using a screen protector after I accidentally got two scratches similar in size and orientation to "=" on the screen.

RoylAsult

Wipeout is such an awesome game, i finally got around to playing the free DLC (i never got into on the PS3 for some reason) and its just awesome. i havnt touched it since i beat the original races back in Feb but these new races and game modes are lie having a new (2) game.

I have 6 races left in the HD campaign... hard as hell and finished the first two tours in Fury. Just an amazing game. Might be my favorite launch game and overall game for the system.

Grinchy

Banned
+2

my vita is as naked as the day I was born and so is my phone.

+x

I like the Vita so much more without a screen protector. I bought the 2-pack of official ones. I hear good things about the Hori ones, but my experience with the official one wasn't fantastic. It went on perfectly, but the touch screen didn't feel very good and slick anymore. Also, it had these weird lines that are hard to explain. Not the vertical ones people complain about, but something different.

No screen protector is much better for me.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
+2

my vita is as naked as the day I was born and so is my phone.
Not the phone, in case it gets banged up in my pocket with keys or coins, but the VITA is always either in its case or in my hands, so I'll keep it naked for the time being. I don't really like how the plastic screen would break the clean continuity of the system's face.

I did however put a decalgirl skin on the rear touchpad. Matte orange, which looks pretty sexy.

Ponn

Banned
I've tried playing them all. I just can't get into them. The furthest I ever got in a Metal Gear game was MGS4 O_O.

Edit: ^^^ +3 on my phone and Vita.

I've never got into the Metal Gear series either. I was one of the weird ones that bought Zone of the Enders for Zone of the Enders.

And I really like Ultimate Marvel on Vita, I suck at it but it looks pretty, is quick fun while watching TV.

Hello GAF!

This being my official GAF introduction (long time lurker) - Vita Gaf had to be my first stop. I've been following this thread (pt.1), through to it's current iteration. Watching the JP launch from afar - the excitement of the Vita launch spanning months and countries....and weekly Media Create threads :p

Anyhow, picked up my Vita on 2/22 alongside the official 2-packs protectors,16GB card and Rayman Origins, Uncharted GA and Ninja Gaiden. I eventually picked up Mutant Blobs Attack and Super Stardust off PSN (recommended following this thread); as well as Gravity Rush, Resistance BS, Unit 13, Wipeout 2048 (+DLC), Ridge Racer and Virtua Tennis 4 (had MK, traded it in).

I also dove into a few PSP games, the God of War duo and UG&G....

I've been eagerly waiting to join you all, as this is such a warm community and I'm a pretty platform agnostic gamer (360, Wii, 3DS and soon an XL, iPad 2 and Vita) who's been a long time (9yrs.) member at another three letter gaming forum - but grew tired of asides and the lack of depth gaming discussions.

It's a pleasure and you guys rock!

my PSN: Pacificsun0481

Yay!

Koroviev

Hello GAF!

This being my official GAF introduction (long time lurker) - Vita Gaf had to be my first stop. I've been following this thread (pt.1), through to it's current iteration. Watching the JP launch from afar - the excitement of the Vita launch spanning months and countries....and weekly Media Create threads :p

Anyhow, picked up my Vita on 2/22 alongside the official 2-packs protectors,16GB card and Rayman Origins, Uncharted GA and Ninja Gaiden. I eventually picked up Mutant Blobs Attack and Super Stardust off PSN (recommended following this thread); as well as Gravity Rush, Resistance BS, Unit 13, Wipeout 2048 (+DLC), Ridge Racer and Virtua Tennis 4 (had MK, traded it in).

I've been eagerly waiting to join you all, as this is such a warm community and I'm a pretty platform agnostic gamer (360, Wii, 3DS and soon an XL, iPad 2 and Vita) who's been a long time (9yrs.) member at another three letter gaming forum - but grew tired of asides and the lack of depth gaming discussions.

Yay!

Welcome! :)

oldmario

Anyone got an idea how i can delete apps from PS Suite on the vita? i only want the vita remote access without having to delete the app

Haliela

Defininitely grab the official sony screen protection. They are 100% invisible and make the screen feel nice and smooth when touching. Touch screen devices need protection as any bit of dirt on your fingers can cause surface scratches when swiping.

Thanks!

The one thing that's been floating atop the ether of my mind, and Yoshida had been kind of vague in his early tweets -

When is PS1 arriving for Vita? Is it still just "summer"? If so, the Sony stance reeks to me of the vague "soon after launch/we're working on it" bologna they've been piling into a Vita sandwich. I know it sounds bizarre to care, but I've been hankering to play the first 3 RE games again, especially on the beautiful oled screen....those and Medevil :)

Add Jet Set Radio to that same inquiry. ^_^

hongcha

Attention J-GAF: anyone know if the Japanese version of Breath of Fire III is compatible via PS3 transfer? You can buy it on the PSN via a PS3 for 1500 yen, but it's not on the PSN store accessible through the Vita. I know the European version of the game works on a Vita, but that does not necessarily mean the JP version also works.

patsu

Anyone got an idea how i can delete apps from PS Suite on the vita? i only want the vita remote access without having to delete the app

I encourage you to drop a PM to Maastricht or Androvsky. Both of them are more knowledgeable in PS Mobile than me.

I am still halfway through installing the Remote Desktop app on my Vita. ^_^

Lucent

Yep! Downloaded onto my PS3 weeks ago, checked today and I could transfer both to my Vita.

Can't see them in the Vita store though.

Good to know. Thought right now I don't wanna pay for $29.99 PSP games when there's a sale currently going on. Might pick up one or two Atlus games and maybe they'll have another PSP sale or something. lol.

patsu

I know this has been posted before somewhere, but what the heck. I saw it in yosp's tweet again not 5 minutes ago:
http://asia.playstation.com/PS-GAC2012/

The "PlayStation® Game & Apps Challenge 2012 in Asia" (PS GAC 2012) is open to any PlayStation® fans and developers to participate and share the game and application ideas for future release on the PlayStation® platform. The Challenge provides an opportunity for anyone to get involved and engaged with PlayStation® that you love!

⋅ The grand prize winner(s) of PlayStation®Vita Category and PlayStation®Mobile Category (one (1) person from each Entry awarded as the grand prize) will be invited to travel to the award ceremony on December, 2012.

⋅ SCE Asia may offer Grand Prize award winner(s) of PlayStation®Vita Category the supports to develop and/or publish the application in the Asian Regions.

Guideline for Game / Application Design Document
You must submit a "Game/Application Design Document".
Please read Guideline for Game/Application Design Document for more details.

Eligibility
The Challenge is open to individuals, Teams, and Business Entities worldwide except certain areas.

Challenge Timeline
⋅ Online registration Period: July 18 – August 31, 2012

⋅ Submission URL Distribution: September 10– September 14, 2012

⋅ Submission Period: Submission to be completed within 7 calendar days after participant receives the e-mail with upload URL

⋅ Winner Announcement on the website: November 7, 2012

- Online registration page on the website is available from July 18, 2012.

- For more details about the “Entry Process”, please read Entry Process.

I'm already working on my own idea but I won't make the timeline since I'm too busy. ^_^
I'll do it anyhow just out of interest.

My stuff works on iOS + Mac, and hopefully Vita/PS Mobile later, when I find time to learn it. [Shake fist at sky]

EDIT: Oh, is it Asia region only ? I'm in US. Anyway, I'm going ahead.... 8^P

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I know this has been posted before somewhere, but what the heck. I saw it in yosp's tweet again not 5 minutes ago:
http://asia.playstation.com/PS-GAC2012/

I'm already working on my own idea but I won't make the timeline since I'm too busy. ^_^
I'll do it anyhow just out of interest.

My stuff works on iOS + Mac, and hopefully Vita/PS Mobile later, when I find time to learn it. [Shake fist at sky]

so users/fans ideas turned into real apps...this is amazing.

Doombear

Hey I'm fine with it! I'm glad the Vita community is so awesome on here. I'm glad people are being helpful.

Having a blast with MvC myself. I plan on grabbing MGS too for what it's worth. I just borrowed MvC from a friend and haven't been able to play anything else since.

DR2K

Banned
I've meet more rage quitters in 1 week of UMVC3 Vita than all fighting games combined since 2004. Apparantly you can quit before the match ends and not get a loss. You'll see subpar players with 30 win streaks for no reason more often than not.

I've meet more rage quitters in 1 week of UMVC3 Vita than all fighting games combined since 2004. Apparantly you can quit before the match ends and not get a loss. You'll see subpar players with 30 win streaks for no reason more often than not.
Yep, it's why I stopped playing.

And it's not even just that there's no consequence for quitting during a match. You can quit even after it says "KO" and it still doesn't register as a win or loss. It should be immediate, especially considering how easy it is to just hit the sleep button, but alas. Garbage.

I can't find anyone in the "Player Match" (non-ranked) lobbies either. Basically, a waste of $40, yay :-D

Hit me up if you want to play - PSN ID is librasox

The reason why I almost refuse to play UMvC3 online on my Vita is because it's so easy to rage quit on it. Like, probably even easier than PS360.

Yep, it's why I stopped playing.

And it's not even just that there's no consequence for quitting during a match. You can quit even after it says "KO" and it still doesn't register as a win or loss. It should be immediate, especially considering how easy it is to just hit the sleep button, but alas. Garbage.

I can't find anyone in the "Player Match" (non-ranked) lobbies either. Basically, a waste of $40, yay :-D

I tried to get that other guy (one of you?) to get MGS for this reason. Nobody ever talks about it but it's the reason I barely play UMVC3 online and if I do it has to be player matches since there is less quitters there.

I've never got into the Metal Gear series either. I was one of the weird ones that bought Zone of the Enders for Zone of the Enders.

And I really like Ultimate Marvel on Vita, I suck at it but it looks pretty, is quick fun while watching TV.

I really want to play Zone of the Enders for the first time. So excited.

Hello GAF!

Yay!

Welcome! I'll add you now.
Edit: My psn name is the same as my Gaf name for those who want to add me.

Having a blast with MvC myself. I plan on grabbing MGS too for what it's worth. I just borrowed MvC from a friend and haven't been able to play anything else since.

Thats how Hot Shots is for me. I can't put that game down.

wighti

I'm not using a screen protector and I can't see any scratches under direct light. There are several naked vita advocates in this thread.

I've been going naked for the few months I've owned the Vita without any problems. I'll admit I've not played many touch heavy games sans Escape Plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom