• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently Vita-less until the Assassin's Creed White bundle come out (traded in my old one). Outside of buying Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Sound Shapes (waiting to play it on the Vita) and of course AC: Liberation, I wonder what other titles people are clambering for this holiday season. Any new thoughts on "Smart As..."?

Can anyone recommend a good pair of bluetooth headphones? Prefer to stay around ~$100. Thanks!

Also, would a BT headphone's mic work as the Vita mic? I'm guessing no...?

EDIT: ooh, anyone use these with Vita? Looks sweet, and I could definitely use the FM radio option when I go out.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003DQ1DCM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have the white version of these headphones, they are pretty good, can pair them with 3 different devices and choose the active one using the touch control. Very good in almost every aspect except the clamp that holds it to your clothes feels a bit weak but with cautious use it's going good. When it comes to using it with Vita, I never used it but I may try it and let you know if you're still interested.

Does Zen Pinball 2 have cross trophies with the PSN version?

Also, anyone recommend or not recommend the following tables:
Ninja Gaiden
Super Street Fighter II
Plants vs. Zombies

Vitacat

I have the white version of these headphones, they are pretty good, can pair them with 3 different devices and choose the active one using the touch control. Very good in almost every aspect except the clamp that holds it to your clothes feels a bit weak but with cautious use it's going good. When it comes to using it with Vita, I never used it but I may try it and let you know if you're still interested.

I would really appreciate that, thanks.

Also, please check if the Vita's mic still works when paired with this headset, and/or if the headset's mic works with the Vita.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Amazon is showing all this for next month:

Spy Hunter - Oct 1
Ragnarok Odyssey- Oct 16 (CE as well)
Smart As - Oct 23
Zero Escape - Oct 24
Monkey Ball - Oct 24
SF vs Tekken - Oct 24
AC: L - Oct 30
NFS: Most Wanted - Oct 30 (can't be)
Silent Hill - Oct 31

Vitacat

Spy Hunter - Oct 1
Smart As - Oct 23
Zero Escape - Oct 24
Monkey Ball - Oct 24
SF vs Tekken - Oct 24
Silent Hill - Oct 31

Interested in everything except SH (prefer oldskool SH) and Spy Hunter (looks crap).

Buying crystals.

It used to be worse from what I heard, I downloaded if after it got better.

Why would I buy crystals? Does it cost me crystals to play a round? Or are they just to buy powerups or something? I played like 13 rounds in a row and now have like 16,000 crystals... I just don't know what they're used for.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Why would I buy crystals? Does it cost me crystals to play a round? Or are they just to buy powerups or something? I played like 13 rounds in a row and now have like 16,000 crystals... I just don't know what they're used for.

The crystals are used to buy powerups and upgrades.

From what people were saying, before the update, it was worse. I don't really remember how bad it was, I'm sure someone else here can give a better idea.

The crystals are used to buy powerups and upgrades.

From what people were saying, before the update, it was worse. I don't really remember how bad it was, I'm sure someone else here can give a better idea.

Ok -- so I never need to buy anything? It's just to make things easier? Excellent free game!

Flib

Ninja Gaiden
Super Street Fighter II
Plants vs. Zombies

PvZ is a great table, easy to pick up and play and it has a great flow.

Ninja Gaiden and SFII are both more old school, unforgiving tables. While they're both good, I wouldn't start with them (though I think all the tables are worth owning).

Edit: sorry for the double post

Ponn

Banned
Does Zen Pinball 2 have cross trophies with the PSN version?

Ninja Gaiden
Super Street Fighter II
Plants vs. Zombies

Ive been enjoying the PvsZ table so far. I dont have the other tables but the tables i do have are

Original Marvel
Marvel Ven and Virtue
Avengers Chronicles
Fantastic Four
Captain America
Mars
Epic Quest
Sorcerors Lair
Classic Zen pack

I seem to only have two others on my leaderbords so any zen players can add me, psn ID ponnimus

I also sent out some Treaure Park maps, looks like i have a couple left i will send out before i go to bed.

Importing tables in Zen 2 on vita was little buggy. You have to do it one pack at a time.

MooMoo

Damn, PvZ board...it's almost too bright >.< I might buy some more boards in the future if they're as nice as the PvZ one.

I can use some Vita friends :3
PSN ID: yoshiDeKiller

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ok -- so I never need to buy anything? It's just to make things easier? Excellent free game!

Yeah, at this rate, you probably won't need to for a long while. I'm usually spend ~450 per game and have about 20k left over.

You get bonus crystals from the scratchcards, weekly tournaments and leveling up. They give you some when you haven't played in a while as well. You can even share your winnings, you keep your winnings and share it with friends on Near.

KalBalboa

Banned
So Treasure Park has its hooks in me pretty bad. I've been friended by a few new people due to it and keep sending puzzles and asking for more from people. We had a party chat going where everyone swapped puzzles for a good hour, which was fun.

Hopefully I'll find some via Near tomorrow when I head to work.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Dear Playstation,
I'm gonna need a much larger memory card and more homescreens (or folders) for my vita. K? Thanks!

consumer with teh monies,
Laguna X

Tizoc

The following Minis are available as a Bundle for around $7-
We are proudly presents an Indie Games bundle with create titles from famous independent game makers: Wizorb – hard alloy of breaking bricks and RPG elements in a single game! Canabalt – an officially licensed version of the runaway hit game. Enigmo – unique award winning 3D puzzle game. Galcon Labs – high-paced galactic arcade-strategy game. BreakQuest – new concept interactive physics based break-out game.

Two questions about Zen 2, can you control the paddles with d-pad/face buttons, and will hi-scores you get offline update retroactively once online?

Thanks.

I would really appreciate that, thanks.

Also, please check if the Vita's mic still works when paired with this headset, and/or if the headset's mic works with the Vita.

Well I gave it a try and it really sounds pretty good "I'm not an audiophile by any way"
It works with music, games, menu sounds and skype, yes the mic seems to be working very well. I had a hard time finding a way to try the mic cause Gaf's party was empty and all my friends are not available on skype so I just called Amazon.UK toll-free customer service and I was connected to a CSR, I greeted her and all and she responded in a way that tells she can hear me very well, then I had to just hang up but felt sooo bad cause she sounded like a nice person :|
So yeah the mic works perfectly and it makes sense cause the headset is made by Sony, would be a shame if it didn't.

No news about FIFA 13 yet. I even read a piece of news about FIFA 13 demo coming out next week but it didn't even list Vita with the platforms getting the demo :(
I held up on Madden but I think I may just pull the trigger and not wait for FIFA. I know FIFA will be awesome on PS3 and I'm getting it day one but Vita version looks mysterious till now.

Young Magus

Successfully placed everything on my new-ish(used) 32gb memory card. Now I'm left with a 16GB....any idea on how much I get get for it? (Gamestop or other means of selling?)

Spy Hunter - Oct 1
Smart As - Oct 23
Zero Escape - Oct 24
Monkey Ball - Oct 24
SF vs Tekken - Oct 24
Silent Hill - Oct 31

No DJMax? Crap, I shouldve imported it from play-asia. :/ I will get Smart As, and maybe Ragnarok.

whitehawk

Banned

Spy Hunter - Oct 1
Smart As - Oct 23
Zero Escape - Oct 24
Monkey Ball - Oct 24
SF vs Tekken - Oct 24
Silent Hill - Oct 31
Assasin's Creed, NFS: Most Wanted and maybe SF vs Tekken are all mine. Little Big Planet as well.

I love my Vita. I got my PSP at launch, but barely bought any games for it. I've already played 9 games on my vita :O

Well I gave it a try and it really sounds pretty good "I'm not an audiophile by any way"
It works with music, games, menu sounds and skype, yes the mic seems to be working very well. I had a hard time finding a way to try the mic cause Gaf's party was empty and all my friends are not available on skype so I just called Amazon.UK toll-free customer service and I was connected to a CSR, I greeted her and all and she responded in a way that tells she can hear me very well, then I had to just hang up but felt sooo bad cause she sounded like a nice person :|

Next time just tell her that you were testing the headset. She'll appreciate it. Any non-complaint call is usually a welcome diversion.

Can't wait for Zen 2!

Assasin's Creed, NFS: Most Wanted and maybe SF vs Tekken are all mine. Little Big Planet as well.

I love my Vita. I got my PSP at launch, but barely bought any games for it. I've already played 9 games on my vita :O

Yep! I remember I sold my PSP back in a year because of lack of games! I only bought GTA:LC on it. Bought a PSP2000 back in 2007 and look how many games it has.

That definetly is not the case with the Vita. Maybe because I hated UMDs.

Vitacat

So yeah the mic works perfectly and it makes sense cause the headset is made by Sony, would be a shame if it didn't.
Thank you!

LOL, ok I finally decided between going digital or physical. In the end retail sales and coupons won, and I am officially now a physical cart user. Feels good, and I love the little blue boxes. :eek:) Yes, I have to physically insert carts, but at least I'm not at the mercy of PSN's pricing, and I can resell/trade stuff.

Yep reselling is great :)
Thanks to a lot of bargain hunting I haven't paid anything for 8 or 9 retail games i played already :D

No news about FIFA 13 yet. I even read a piece of news about FIFA 13 demo coming out next week but it didn't even list Vita with the platforms getting the demo :(
I held up on Madden but I think I may just pull the trigger and not wait for FIFA. I know FIFA will be awesome on PS3 and I'm getting it day one but Vita version looks mysterious till now.

Lol, and the game's supposed to come out this month right?

Vitacat

Question about Vita game saves...

If you have a cart version of a game, and save the game to pc with content manager, is it possible to later use that save with the digital version of the game? So for example, say I someday decide to replace my retail Wipeout cart with the PSN version, can I maintain my save data?

Also, how about the opposite -- digital to cart version?

I think you can. Where are the savefiles stored in your Vita? But get the retail games in your region, my mainland Euro Ratchet save was not compatible with UK Ratchet game.

its basically bejewled blitz. You can play for free, however to get the top scores you need the bonuses. Keep using the bonuses and your crystals will disappear quite fast. You can then get crystals by grinding games with out using bonuses, scratch cards (luck) or paying.

Its def a lot better since the update and if you dont care about getting the top scores or are happy to grind then you can easily pay without spending a penny. I play it now and then but im not really a huge fan of the game. I prefer the full bejewled type games where you cna take your time. I got puzzlequest the other day and am loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom