• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sintoid

Alien Spidy probably won't come to the Vita at all, despite the devs using the Vita as a marketing platform for the game. They had a blog post up on PS Blog about the game some months ago and REMOVED my post about the Vita version.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Not a single good new info from third party. I LOVE Little Big Planet and Tearaway, I'm quite interested in Sly and PSASB, Buy 1 get both is a great initiative... but these things can't match the lack of 3rd party luster or the terrible disappointment for that shit of COD Declassified.
And what about the lack of info about Need for Speed? And Fifa 13? The only good third party is Assassin's Creed from Ubisoft....

1- I don't see Vita and iOS at the same class so that they compete.
2- Bearing in mind that Vita is about six months old the line up is far from being deficient
3- If we put PS1 and PSP games in the equation then you got yourself a handheld that lets you play 3 generations of games and a library of hundreds of games that's still growing
4- Playing 3rd party current gen console quality shooters and sports games has never been possible on the go, I'm talking Madden, Fifa, Virtua Tennis, MLB, Call of Duty, Need for speed etc
Personally I'm not waiting for any rescue to be done by Sony for the Vita, I'd appreciate some new apps and stuff though.
Just my two cents :p

Vita is not in the same class, but there's more interest from Square, Capcom and other japanese developers for IOS than for Vita...
Vita is almost one year old in Japan - It's time to show some Japanese love... nowadays I can't see it, or at least Capcom seems not to love the "child" of the platform that brought to success Monster Hunter.
Yes of couse we have lot of games of older gen and I know Sony fanbase love replay games already bought but I don't. And Market does love to sell games too...
You're right, I love too playing "on the go" that kind of games... But can you tell that there's third party supporto except for the games you mentioned? Can you remember Bioshock Infinite theather made by Ken Levine?

Shame on you!!
I can’t believe that you actually have the nerve to come back onto this blog! Just shows how little respect you have for the PS gamers out there.
Not even an apology for your deception??

lol great quote

shaqnosis

Neo Member
Just sent out a bunch of friend requests for people who have been posting their usernames including vitacat, pieatorium and maven5000.

Im not sure whether to jump on board the 25% off PS plus deal now or not? I have hardly used my PS3 since Vita launch day, so don't really need plus for my PS3.

But if it will be universal for both devices I will just grab it now and take advantage of the discount. I think it was Yoshida who said he envisages that it would be one price for both devices, but have there been any concrete details about this??

EDIT: Reading fail. Someone asked on the blog post and got the following response:

we’re working on it! All Vita benefits will be included in your current subscription – you won’t have to make another purchase.

So picking up a 12 month sub to plus, and crash bandicoot 2 and 3 in the sale as well then!

I don't see the doom and gloom.

There's tons of good stuff in the future of Vita:

1. Great lineup for next few months.
2. PSN+ for cheap backlog increase on PSV
3. PS Mobile with mini-games to fill any holes in release schedules
4. Interesing projects for 2013 like PSO2, Killzone and Tearaway and mobile versions of GoW and GT are just a matter of time.
5. Sooner or later Sony will drop the prices of PSV and memory cards increasing sales (2013)

Hanmik

Just sent out a bunch of friend requests for people who have been posting their usernames including vitacat, pieatorium and maven5000.

Im not sure whether to jump on board the 25% off PS plus deal now or not? I have hardly used my PS3 since Vita launch day, so don't really need plus for my PS3.

But if it will be universal for both devices I will just grab it now and take advantage of the discount. I think it was Yoshida who said he envisages that it would be one price for both devices, but have there been any concrete details about this??

EDIT: Reading fail. Someone asked on the blog post and got the following response:

So picking up a 12 month sub to plus, and crash bandicoot 2 and 3 in the sale as well then!

Not me..? very sad panda here..

Just picked up a psvita the other day and absolutely loving it. PSN is PrisonMikeScott if anyone fancies adding me. I have uncharted, modnation, Fifa, Mortal Kombat, and Everybody's Golf.

M

Laguna

Banned

4. Interesing projects for 2013 like PSO2, Killzone and Tearaway and mobile versions of GoW and GT are just a matter of time.
5. Sooner or later Sony will drop the prices of PSV and memory cards increasing sales (2013)

Great lineup? What PSV games would you recommend a PS3 owner?

Sintoid

Two games with no date, many supposed games, one supposed price drop, a bunch of IOS games (none of them from important 3rd party) and old games with a low price...

Nothing to compare to a good 3rd party game in the next 6-8 months...

Roubjon

So regarding DJMAX TUNE:

We understand everyone's frustration about the release date issue, but some stuff came up in the past couple weeks that have complicated the North American release a little bit. We can assure you that the game IS coming out for sure, and we're going to make any and all relevant announcements as soon as the details are set in stone. We're not just beating around the bush here, we see how you guys react to things that we post and the last thing we want to do is make another announcement that we have to recant due to changes beyond our control. Releasing a game (especially for a first time publisher) is not some overnight task that involves sending game code off to a manufacturer. It's even more tricky when you're dealing with a game that's being developed in a different region.

Source: Guy from Bemanistyle who checks the DJMAX Facebook page.

This sucks ass, but I'll deal with it. I'd love to import, but there is no way I'm missing out on the DLC for the game. Guess I'll just have to be patient.

Laguna

Banned
TOM Blitz
Gravity Rush
Uncharted:GA
Lumines: Electronic Symphony

And a ton of others PSP games.

Sorry I wasn´t specific, I was asking about the lineup for the next months and 2013. Some PSp games are nice but as a PSP owner I already bought the games (retail) which I really wanted, so I have no need of doubledipping. Personally I have really a hard time to find interesting software on PSv, ironically I´m looking forward to ports like SFvTekken (because it´s a beat´em´up and don´t own the console version yet) and (the hopefully not cancelled) Zone of the Enders (I only own the first entry on PS2).

Two games with no date, many supposed games, one supposed price drop, a bunch of IOS games (none of them from important 3rd party) and old games with a low price...

Ahh sorry i got caught i assumed we are speaking seriously and not trolling.

Obviously Persona 4, Ragnarok, Little King , Assassin Creed and not compromised NFS done by Criterion are bad 3rd party titles.

Sintoid

Ahh sorry i got caught i assumed we are speaking seriously and not trolling.

Obviously Persona 4, Ragnarok, Little King , Assassin Creed and not compromised NFS done by Criterion are bad 3rd party titles.

I'm not trolling.
First of all Nor Persona or Ragnarok have date or publisher in Eur. But most of all I was speaking about what comes after Assassin's Creed (so almost after Need for Speed too) and October is only two months from now...
There's no trace at all of anything relevant, can you tell me I am missing something?

I don't understand you guys, nobody is getting paid to play with the Vita.
If you don't like it leave it alone and may get a 3DS if it's good enough for you.
All these argument are so old that every dedicated vita player here feels sick reading it over and over.
Ah and if you can't afford one and you're just trying to ruin it for us we don't really care lol

AC3: Liberation, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Persona 4 Golden to name a few. Unless I missed the point you were trying to make.

My biggest fear is that there is just no awareness around the Vita...anywhere. That Madden bundle was a great value last week and there were stores in my area that didn't sell any, even with a $50 gift card at Best Buy. NONE! Others sold only 2-3. That's concerning. Now it could be that there is just not that much interest in a mobile Madden, and history says that may be the case, especially when it got ripped apart in the press a week before release.

I will be intrigued to see how well the AC3 and BLOPS bundles do, if they both flop like the Madden bundle it would be disastrous as I think that is what Sony is banking on right now and I truly don't think a price drop is coming, though I hope I am wrong, about everything. Worst case scenario, I got a system that has some stellar games and access to a large library of PSP, PSOne, and Mobile games.

*Hopes for the best*

Sintoid

I don't understand you guys, nobody is getting paid to play with the Vita.
If you don't like it leave it alone and may get a 3DS if it's good enough for you.
All these argument are so old that every dedicated vita player here feels sick reading it over and over.
Ah and if you can't afford one and you're just trying to ruin it for us we don't really care lol

Maybe you don't understand that I like Vita, a lot more than 3DS. But if the solution you suggest to the lack of third party, announces and concrete lineup is quitting Vita well, maybe Sony soon will have even more problems...

AC3: Liberation, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Persona 4 Golden to name a few. Unless I missed the point you were trying to make.

My biggest fear is that there is just no awareness around the Vita...anywhere. That Madden bundle was a great value last week and there were stores in my area that didn't sell any, even with a $50 gift card at Best Buy. NONE! Others sold only 2-3. That's concerning. Now it could be that there is just not that much interest in a mobile Madden, and history says that may be the case, especially when it got ripped apart in the press a week before release.

I will be intrigued to see how well the AC3 and BLOPS bundles do, if they both flop like the Madden bundle it would be disastrous as I think that is what Sony is banking on right now and I truly don't think a price drop is coming, though I hope I am wrong, about everything. Worst case scenario, I got a system that has some stellar games and access to a large library of PSP, PSOne, and Mobile games.

*Hopes for the best*

I replied early that P4 and Ragnarok have no date for Eur so we'll probably won't see them until January... if we'll ever see them (Sumioni never came out USA). And except for N4S and AC3 there's nothing announced and seems that Sony have no plans to manage this problem with third party. In the meantime there's the problem of the lack of image and marketing; I don't think AC and Cod Will move customers, Sony fans move mostly for other IPs.

I hope for the best too, I love Vita and I think it's one of the best gaming system I ever had

Laguna

Banned
@MrBambinoDent
Why do you get defensive for simple questions about PSVs future lineup? Aren´t you eager to know as well?

What I really want to know is what PSVs 2013 lineup will look like and what games are already announced for 2013 besides SoulSacrifice and Killzone.

^ Because I have enough already, and in the coming couple months we're getting many games to keep us busy well into 2013. And I'm not defensive but the questions asked are not just for the sake of information cause when answers are given the response is always that it's not enough or these games are all below average, nothing special etc. Like I said this argument is really getting old cause no matter what happens it will never end.
Have a good day sir : )

Tizoc

Since SEGA's all into digital distribution they should make some of their classic and digitally released games on PSN Vita compatible already.

Sintoid

^ Because I have enough already, and in the coming couple months we're getting many games to keep us busy well into 2013. And I'm not defensive but the questions asked are not just for the sake of information cause when answers are given the response is always that it's not enough or these games are all below average, nothing special etc. Like I said this argument is really getting old cause no matter what happens it will never end.
Have a good day sir : )

The argument is getting old, you're right, I kept faith until now and fought against early pessimistic opinions. Now we are at the final act of the annual gaming conventions, we had E3, Gamescon and we're approaching TGS with the same old doubts...
The argument is old, but just because it never found a solution. E3 was a disaster, GC showed that little miracle of Tearaway and a good Killzone balanced by the ugly Cod and the lack of 3rd party support.
Nearing to TGS we have no leak about Vita but many cool info about 3DS and IOS... The situation is not improving at all, it's time to understand that what seemed a complaint until now is really a big problem for Vita

Skyzard

Banned
A personal favourite of mine (simple game though) Eufloria coming to vita :)

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...ded-to-playstation-mobile-network-and-ps-vita

It's like galcon labs....but much much better. Really looking forward to this.

Although it seems like this isn't exactly like eufloria/dyson:

Eufloria Adventures will feature a controllable seedling ship that will explore the title's world in search of ancient artifacts to enhance the ship's abilities. Throughout, the player will find enemy colonies that must be destroy, while unfolding a greater story about the game's universe.

Thanks for friending shaq.

Just finnished uncharted its pretty good a littpe tomuch touch stuff but doesnt detract too much from the game. Still hqve a ron of treaures and stuff for trophies bt ill get back to thwt another time.

Pickedbupn lumines too been playing that quite a bit, good game for when your not wanting something more involved.

Next up gravity rush.

Shinriji

The argument is getting old, you're right, I kept faith until now and fought against early pessimistic opinions. Now we are at the final act of the annual gaming conventions, we had E3, Gamescon and we're approaching TGS with the same old doubts...
The argument is old, but just because it never found a solution. E3 was a disaster, GC showed that little miracle of Tearaway and a good Killzone balanced by the ugly Cod and the lack of 3rd party support.
Nearing to TGS we have no leak about Vita but many cool info about 3DS and IOS... The situation is not improving at all, it's time to understand that what seemed a complaint until now is really a big problem for Vita

Maybe it is just me, but I don't think that any console/handheld/phone has a really exciting line-up coming up. I must getting tired of games or the kind of games that I like is becoming somewhat scarce.

Really, I have a PS3 and Vita, but I can't remember the last time that I got really excited for a game annoucement.

Sintoid

Maybe it is just me, but I don't think that any console/handheld/phone has a really exciting line-up coming up. I must getting tired of games or the kind of games that I like is becoming somewhat scarce.

Really, I have a PS3 and Vita, but I can't remember the last time that I got really excited for a game annoucement.

I got on pure Excitement for Tearaway, for Ace Attorney 5, for Monster Hunter 4 and Castlevania... anyway I'd love to see not only announcements of wonderful games, I can live with only good new games ^_^ too bad they don't come...

maven

Regarding US PSN cards (AU user with US account here too), I've used Maximuscards, Offgamers and PCGameSupply. All of them charge a slight premium of about 5 bucks on top of the cost of the card, but they all deliver via email pretty quick and I've not had any problems yet.

Much obliged - just ordered a $50 card from PCGameSupply and it came through in about 30 seconds.

Shinriji

I got on pure Excitement for Tearaway, for Ace Attorney 5, for Monster Hunter 4 and Castlevania... anyway I'd love to see not only announcements of wonderful games, I can live with only good new games ^_^ too bad they don't come...

Nope. Not one of this games, sorry. The last trailer that gave me that "I must play this game right now" was "The Last Guardian" and everybody know how it turned out...

that´s the exact level.. I did not know that you could recharge.. just kept falling, but kept hitting R-button to stop in the air once it had recharged, that meant I had to fall a bit and then fly up, fall down, fly up untill I had reched the height I wanted.. but combine that with unavoidable flying bullets and me wawing the Vita around, in disgust at the level, then you will get REALLY REALLY pissed..

The trick on this level is to boost up and at the angle you want to go while holding x to make you faster. Then when it runs out momentum keeps you going for a bit before you fall. Then when you recharge you repeat. It helps if you have lvled up recharge speed a bit.

Hanmik

The trick on this level is to boost up and at the angle you want to go while holding x to make you faster. Then when it runs out momentum keeps you going for a bit before you fall. Then when you recharge you repeat. It helps if you have lvled up recharge speed a bit.

nice.. but fortunatly I made it past that section yesterday, and I´m not planning to revisit... unless there is more of this crap later on in the game--

fernoca

Well, they gave me back my money for it because it was defected.
Yeah. For accesories, Gamestop gives the money back if it's returned in the first 7 days, or exchanges it for the same item after the 7 days (30 days, or well..23 days later).

Did my first "impulse buy" purchase for the Vita...Supremacy MMA Unrestricted.
While browsing the other day while buying Ridge Racer, the game caught my eye. Cover's cool, I like fighting games, like UFC, like MMA,
like seeing guys just wearing shorts.. :p
. Did some research right there on my phone, but to my surprise (well, not really) there wasn't much about the game aside one review which said the game's really average.

Still, kept it in mind and decided to go for it yesterday. Didn't had much time to play, but so far..wht I played was ncie and better than expected. Simply because unlike other similar games, which rely in either gimmicky-controls or some gameplay around a stamina bar and how you can't fight if the bar is empty. Here's kinda similar to games like Virtua Figther or Dead or Alive. Two buttons for attacks, one to grab, one to counter (which requires good timing) and one to block. Right next to the life far there's a a diagram of a body which turns from green to red, on the area you're hitting/receiving more damage, so if you focus on the areas in red, you give/recieve more damage too.

There's a story mode, on which you pick one of the fighters and go through their career whiel cutscenes have a comic-cook look.

Will spend more time playing later as I have to work again today, but I'm free tomorrow and definetely enjoyed what I played.

And two lame pics I took yesterday to see if the game let me take pics... :p

Versus loading screen (simame look of the cutscenes):
UJImI.jpg

In-game training:
o3V49.jpg

The Chef

Are there any Oblivion/Skyrim-esque open world RPG's for Vita/PSP? I realize this is probably a bit of a crazy question...

My life would be over if there were....

I am SO happy I stopped playing MGS2 and went right to 3. God this game looks AMAZING on Vita. Controls feel great and the touch screen features are well done. Love love love it.

Chris_C

My life would be over if there were....

I am SO happy I stopped playing MGS2 and went right to 3. God this game looks AMAZING on Vita. Controls feel great and the touch screen features are well done. Love love love it.

STOP IT! I just started playing MGS2 today and thought "I've played this before, never played 3, perhaps I should just skip to that..." The MGS2 controls are just... not great.

VanWinkle

@MrBambinoDent
Why do you get defensive for simple questions about PSVs future lineup? Aren´t you eager to know as well?

What I really want to know is what PSVs 2013 lineup will look like and what games are already announced for 2013 besides SoulSacrifice and Killzone.

Soul Sacrifice, Killzone, Tearaway, and Sly 4 off the top of my head. It's not like we have this huge list of games we know are coming next year to the other platforms. Give it time. We'll know soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom