• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehawk

Banned
Question about Vita game saves...

If you have a cart version of a game, and save the game to pc with content manager, is it possible to later use that save with the digital version of the game? So for example, say I someday decide to replace my retail Wipeout cart with the PSN version, can I maintain my save data?

Also, how about the opposite -- digital to cart version?
I've seen you mention many times that you want to go all digital. Out of curiosity, what is your reasoning? Convenience would be nice, but I can't justify it myself because of high memory card prices, more expensive games and no re-sale value

Yeah it's coming on the 25th. Anyway the new iPhone announcement and release may distract me from all this" if it's good enough". It's gonna be a bloody month for my wallet lol

Yeah, september will be the most expensive month for me. :(

Anyway new page, everyone buy New Little King's Story!

I found a great used vita deal on Amazon and it just came in the mail. It was used but like new and it was in better condition than I expected screen wise.

However The memory card is unreadable. power it on and try to load in wipeout and it says that a memory card is needed to play, so I go into other setting and even attempt to format it and its telling me a memory card is not inserted, Halp Gaf, why me >___>. Already Contacted the Seller, lets see what happens...

I had the same thing happen to me, someone sold me a faulty one used too. Here's what I did:

1) Bought a new Memory card from Gamestop.
2) Returned it with the bad card inside.

Morally reprehensible, but I needed a card god damnit!

Copied over from the PSN store thread:

I decided to play through each of the tables in Zen Pinball 1 and Marvel pinball. It reminded me how far Zen have come with ball physics. It seems quite poor on V12, Shaman and the like.

Does the ball behave in the same way across all tables now?

Also I love the Mars table. I never played it before but it's so different fresh.

whitehawk

Banned
I think I may have discovered a neat easter egg in Ridge Racer. Googled, couldn't find anything.

If you press L + R at the title screen, you are presented with a digital clock. The squares represent the seconds.

iLIaB9ac7GiUg.jpg

ifRz1aNSMta13.jpg

I had the same thing happen to me, someone sold me a faulty one used too. Here's what I did:

1) Bought a new Memory card from Gamestop.
2) Returned it with the bad card inside.

Morally reprehensible, but I needed a card god damnit!

Would they refund you for an open memory card?
I thought they may treat it same as open software.

Hanmik

Still haven't got every trophy on welcome park :/

me niether... I hate time challenges...

oh yesterday I played some more Gravity Rush.. a great game, but damn I was about to throw my Vita and break it.. I was in the level where the Cat had eaten something bad.. goddamn that was an annoying level.. I´m to old to steer Kat around the way she is supposed to be.. fuck I was annoyed.. after that I wanted to cool down, and played a game on the PS3 that I´m not allowed to talk about yet, and I had to quit the game because my youngest daughter was having a cough attack, and when I returned the game hadn´t saved my progress, and all the stuff I had unlocked was lost.... god damn that was a VERY bad night for gaming..

Skyzard

Banned
I think I may have discovered a neat easer egg in Ridge Racer. Googled, couldn't find anything.

If you press L + R at the title screen, you are presented with a digital clock. The squares represent the seconds.

neat! been wanting to re-transfer this back to vita for a while now...think I'd rather play it then rrt4 anyway tbh, shame the file sizes aren't the same.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
me niether... I hate time challenges...

oh yesterday I played some more Gravity Rush.. a great game, but damn I was about to throw my Vita and break it.. I was in the level where the Cat had eaten something bad.. goddamn that was an annoying level.. I´m to old to steer Kat around the way she is supposed to be.. fuck I was annoyed.. after that I wanted to cool down, and played a game on the PS3 that I´m not allowed to talk about yet, and I had to quit the game because my youngest daughter was having a cough attack, and when I returned the game hadn´t saved my progress, and all the stuff I had unlocked was lost.... god damn that was a VERY bad night for gaming..
That level was annoying me too - the one with the sick cat? And you could'nt fly? Took me a while to realise that you could actually stop in mid air and recharge your flying power and fly back upwards again - you don't have to keep falling down to the ground (if it's the level I'm thinking of) God, that drove me crazy.

That level was annoying me too - the one with the sick cat? And you could'nt fly? Took me a while to realise that you could actually stop in mid air and recharge your flying power and fly back upwards again - you don't have to keep falling down to the ground (if it's the level I'm thinking of) God, that drove me crazy.

If you're in the air and you're out of flying power you can stop in the air, as far as I know at least.

Hanmik

that´s the exact level.. I did not know that you could recharge.. just kept falling, but kept hitting R-button to stop in the air once it had recharged, that meant I had to fall a bit and then fly up, fall down, fly up untill I had reched the height I wanted.. but combine that with unavoidable flying bullets and me wawing the Vita around, in disgust at the level, then you will get REALLY REALLY pissed..

maven

Virgin gaf post :D

Been lurking since vita launch, and loving vita gaf

From Aus, but made a US account for my vita to get access to some of the PSP stuff that never made it down under (prices are much nicer too). Starting to think I should've stuck with a PAL account...

Have easily bought more games for this thing than any other system – the backlog is getting out of hand.

All digital (32 gig almost full) – Gravity rush, disgea, MGS HD, sound shapes, hot shots, blaz blue, lumines, motorstorm, super stardust, rayman, mutant blobs, stardrone, ToMB, P3P, FFiv, MHFU, dissidia duo, pixeljunk monsters, HMH, valkyria chronicles, crush, killzone, TO – LUCT, logan’s shadow, ultimate G&G, megaman, velocity, floating cloud god.

Running out of room for all the new hotness coming in October, plus best buy stopped selling PSN cards :-(

Psn: maven5000 if your friends list needs some love

kiyomi

I never knew the meter refilled if you stopped in the air. I constantly stop in the air to readjust where Kat is going, but it doesn't recharge for me IIRC, it just drains very, very slowly. Then I fall for a while with normal gravity and then it recharges, then I fire her back up in the sky.

kiyomi

From Aus, but made a US account for my vita to get access to some of the PSP stuff that never made it down under (prices are much nicer too). Starting to think I should've stuck with a PAL account...

Have easily bought more games for this thing than any other system – the backlog is getting out of hand.

All digital (32 gig almost full) – Gravity rush, disgea, MGS HD, sound shapes, hot shots, blaz blue, lumines, motorstorm, super stardust, rayman, mutant blobs, stardrone, ToMB, P3P, FFiv, MHFU, dissidia duo, pixeljunk monsters, HMH, valkyria chronicles, crush, killzone, TO – LUCT, logan’s shadow, ultimate G&G, megaman, velocity, floating cloud god.

Running out of room for all the new hotness coming in October, plus best buy stopped selling PSN cards :-(

Welcome! ^_^

Boy that's a lot of games, a lot of good games too. Quite surprised that lot hasn't taken up your 32gb :p

Hanmik

Welcome to the Vita-side..!

Regarding PSN cards... I just saw that this site

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/dlc/20-playstation-network-card/84722
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/dlc/50-playstation-network-card/84723

sells US cards online .. but I do not know if yu can buy outside of the US..

Ollie Pooch

Regarding US PSN cards (AU user with US account here too), I've used Maximuscards, Offgamers and PCGameSupply. All of them charge a slight premium of about 5 bucks on top of the cost of the card, but they all deliver via email pretty quick and I've not had any problems yet.

Vitacat

Vitacat, I went from retail wipeout to digital, save file was intact - didn't need to do anything. I didn't delete the 2048 bubble - which I think is the save file.

Great, thanks. I love Wipeout enough that I can see myself switching to digital someday, so that's good to know.

Btw, I've been playing MGSC HD for the past 3 hours. Wasn't even a game I intended to buy right away, but that $15 off coupon got me, and now I'm lovin it. Highly recommend ppl pick this game up for $25 at BestBuy like I did. So worth it.

I've seen you mention many times that you want to go all digital. Out of curiosity, what is your reasoning? Convenience would be nice, but I can't justify it myself because of high memory card prices, more expensive games and no re-sale value

You are correct. Digital is just plain expensive and you have no resale ability.

BUT... It is also very convenient and addictive when you get a taste of it. At this point I am mostly retail, just have Gravity Rush as digital. And altho I don't have a box, can't resell it, and could've gotten it for $2 less on Amazon... It's kinda nice knowing I can easily switch to it without swapping carts. Laziness? Yes, but oh so convenient and just plain slick.

Still, it's hard to argue for all digital UNLESS you have reached a point where the much higher costs and inability to take advantage of retail sales don't bother you. Im not there yet, but I do get the allure. But I might switch to digital for certain games in the future, ie Wipeout, which I love and would like to always have in my Vita.

shaqnosis

Neo Member
Question about Vita game saves...

If you have a cart version of a game, and save the game to pc with content manager, is it possible to later use that save with the digital version of the game? So for example, say I someday decide to replace my retail Wipeout cart with the PSN version, can I maintain my save data?

Also, how about the opposite -- digital to cart version?

I had the cart version of Hot shots golf. Decided to go digital, so downloaded directly on Vita through PSN. Didn't delete the bubble or anything, the game just installed and all my data was there.

StuBurns

Banned
Played a little MGS:pO this morning, so much nicer with the second stick, it's dethroned GTA:CW as the game that's benefiting most from the Vita for me.

Ollie Pooch

To anyone that want's to buy US PSN cards or PSN+ membership just buy it from bestbuy.com. They sell the cards with no premium.
They've stopped selling them lately, haven't seen them in stock for ages - the digital delivery ones, that is.

Regarding US PSN cards (AU user with US account here too), I've used Maximuscards, Offgamers and PCGameSupply. All of them charge a slight premium of about 5 bucks on top of the cost of the card, but they all deliver via email pretty quick and I've not had any problems yet.

PCgamesupply is pretty fast, was a time ago but I don't think they charged me any premium price.

Vitacat

I had the cart version of Hot shots golf. Decided to go digital, so downloaded directly on Vita through PSN. Didn't delete the bubble or anything, the game just installed and all my data was there.

Thanks buddy, good to get more confirmation that it works. Sony did that much right, at least.

Sintoid

Anyway my personal countdown has begun. TGS is the last opportunity Sony has to save Vita from being destroyed by competitors (included IOS-Android). I'm very sad and i'm not quite confident, seems that 3rd party are completely uninterested in PSV. Maybe the major fault it's Sony's wich doesn't seem to have any 3rd party strategy. Maybe "the console made with developers" should have been "the console made with publishers"...
Lots of new games disappeared (Dragon's Crown - Ruin) multiplatform delayed (Alien Spidy, Retro City, Oddworld) dozen of games wich have no new infos or launch dates (Sine Mora, JSR...) and many many other question marks just on the announced games (none of them anyway can be a system seller).

Very disappointed: Vita presentation was brilliant but support is ugliest in Sony platforms story...

spats

Anyway my personal countdown has begun. TGS is the last opportunity Sony has to save Vita from being destroyed by competitors (included IOS-Android). I'm very sad and i'm not quite confident, seems that 3rd party are completely uninterested in PSV. Maybe the major fault it's Sony's wich doesn't seem to have any 3rd party strategy. Maybe "the console made with developers" should have been "the console made with publishers"...
Lots of new games disappeared (Dragon's Crown - Ruin) multiplatform delayed (Alien Spidy, Retro City, Oddworld) dozen of games wich have no new infos or launch dates (Sine Mora, JSR...) and many many other question marks just on the announced games (none of them anyway can be a system seller).

Very disappointed: Vita presentation was brilliant but support is ugliest in Sony platforms story...

Alien Spidy probably won't come to the Vita at all, despite the devs using the Vita as a marketing platform for the game. They had a blog post up on PS Blog about the game some months ago and REMOVED my post about the Vita version.

Some of the other comments below the post that weren't removed:

alien spidey will be swining on to psn this summer.. Yeah but not psvita as you annonced it for.

This looks gre.. oh not for Vita, sorry not interested. :[

Shame on you!!
I can’t believe that you actually have the nerve to come back onto this blog! Just shows how little respect you have for the PS gamers out there.
Not even an apology for your deception??

How much trouble could it really be to make a Vita version? What they're doing with the game is absolute PR suicide.

1- I don't see Vita and iOS at the same class so that they compete.
2- Bearing in mind that Vita is about six months old the line up is far from being deficient
3- If we put PS1 and PSP games in the equation then you got yourself a handheld that lets you play 3 generations of games and a library of hundreds of games that's still growing
4- Playing 3rd party current gen console quality shooters and sports games has never been possible on the go, I'm talking Madden, Fifa, Virtua Tennis, MLB, Call of Duty, Need for speed etc
Personally I'm not waiting for any rescue to be done by Sony for the Vita, I'd appreciate some new apps and stuff though.
Just my two cents :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom