• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Ranks up there with Welcome Park, Cliff Diving, fireworks and that table soccer nonsense.

At least with those I got a few minutes of play out of. I played through the tutorial and then a puzzle with Treasure Park, though "uhh...what?" and have no intention of ever using it again.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
You know, this is really weird. When I buy stuff directly from the Vita Store, I have no problems. But now I'm trying to download the Plants vs Zombies table from ZP2, and it makes me add funds to my account. I try to do it but it says that the information on my card is invalid. WTF?

Tailer

So I have never played the MGS series before just wondering if MGS3 is worth a shot since the price is pretty reasonable? Lol it's cheaper to buy the separately than together (Swedish PSN).

zroid

Banned
I don't know why Treasure Park doesn't have daily SpotPass-like updates. It seems so bloody obvious...

Instead, it forces me to use Near. Yuck.

It's a bit weird how they are only selling packs of tables from the ingame menu, but whatever. Just bought the Plants vs. Zombies table. Seems cool after one round.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
So I have never played the MGS series before just wondering if MGS3 is worth a shot since the price is pretty reasonable? Lol it's cheaper to buy the separately than together (Swedish PSN).

If you've never played an MGS game before I'd say you might want to purchase the first one if it's available in your country. MGS3 is the second best game in the series (I really liked 4), but it's not exactly a good starting point for the franchise. You might find it really difficult if you're not used to the stealth/mechanics gameplay of the MGS franchise.

MGS1 should be ~$10 via the PSN and will be a great place to find out if the franchise is for you.

Aw I sent you one. And yours gave me a bomb and I lost points! grrrrr...

Keep your new Avatar for awhile, Rosie is my favorite reformed racist lounge singer.
Everyone's been hitting the bombs on mine, so that feels good, at least!

And I plan on keeping Rosie for a little while, at least. Maybe switch out a different Rosie avatar like I did yesterday? She's one of my favorite VC characters(going through the game now), along with Welkin and Largo. Didn't meet many of the villains yet, so we'll see...

Apparently Sega is kinda lukewarm with Miku F's sales performance.

https://twitter.com/nakanohito_1go

basically saying 'eh.. with this sales data... it might be hard for us to make F2'.

Sony Japan has some shit ton of works to do.
And it didn't even do that bad. At retail, it sold a little over 150k and even greatly boosted Vita sales in the first week.

Tailer

If you've never played an MGS game before I'd say you might want to purchase the first one if it's available in your country. MGS3 is the second best game in the series (I really liked 4), but it's not exactly a good starting point for the franchise. You might find it really difficult if you're not used to the stealth/mechanics gameplay of the MGS franchise.

MGS1 should be ~$10 via the PSN and will be a great place to find out if the franchise is for you.

Nah not really worth just 6~$(45KR) difference between 1 and 3 and I strongly dislike the PS1 resolution on the Vita so I'm sticking with 2D games.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Nah not really worth just 6~$(45KR) difference between 1 and 3 and I strongly dislike the PS1 resolution on the Vita so I'm sticking with 2D games.

Then go for it. MGS3 is one of the best experiences I've ever had playing a game.

Benedict

My Vita is acting up, getting error after error.
Can't download games for example.
Now I try to format memory card and restore...

It all started after the last update...

kuroshiki

Well I'm sure Sega's planning DLC (which fans will obviously buy) and initial record shows around 150k initial sales data (not including the digital) so I think Miku is doing fine.

Sega will sell shit load of DLCs on this, however, and fans will gobble them up.

zroid

Banned
Ugh, though vertical orientation in ZP2 is a nice idea on paper, it's actually tremendously awkward to hold and using the touchscreen to trigger the flippers really stinks. Having to keep my fingers hovering over the screen at all times makes timing too difficult, and holding the system is even more awkward. :|

What do.

Also, I wish the trials were just a tad longer. I'm not getting a feel for the tables in so little time.

Sintoid

Anyway maybe Vita problem is really that development costs are too high. I remember that when Sony claimed that porting from PS3 to PSV is a cheap work I thought:"Ok but PS3 was an expensive development console so cheaper than PS3 doesn't mean cheap at all... and most of all what's the price of develop a Vita game not having PS3 base material?"

It seems that the answer lies on the Sega statement...

The PvZ table seems pretty easy. Multiballs and jackpots are pretty straightforward and I only rarely lose a ball. Makes it almost a bit tedious to have one round go on for so long.

Prozel

Do you think games like Suikoden and Power Stone Collection ever gonna hit the European store? Any twitter you can ask? (and recieve an answer).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Treasure Park makes absolutely no sense. Whoever wrote these little tutorial things didn't do a very good job.

Yopis

Hope the Vita version of Fifa turns out well this month. Had a few friends that I went to college with grab a system to play on long flights.

patsu

Apparently Sega is kinda lukewarm with Miku F's sales performance.

https://twitter.com/nakanohito_1go

basically saying 'eh.. with this sales data... it might be hard for us to make F2'.

Sony Japan has some shit ton of works to do.

Apparently this dude on Twitter just saying "Hey guys, buy more Project Diva plz". I'd think it would be especially too early to call it a day on the sales of Diva f.

How many copies did older Miku sell on the PSP ?

Perhaps he's worried about the current install base. Need a higher sales % to continue raking in $$$ ?

patsu

Anyway maybe Vita problem is really that development costs are too high. I remember that when Sony claimed that porting from PS3 to PSV is a cheap work I thought:"Ok but PS3 was an expensive development console so cheaper than PS3 doesn't mean cheap at all... and most of all what's the price of develop a Vita game not having PS3 base material?"

It seems that the answer lies on the Sega statement...

In an earlier interview, I think some Sony exec mentioned that it took them about 8 months to make Wipeout for Vita.

Tearaway seems to be made by a 15 man core team.

I doubt Miku's level of graphics is cost prohibitive though.

If I were Sega, I am probably looking at the opportunity cost, rather than the actual cost. e.g., Using the same team on other platforms will likely yield much better result, especially if Sony doesn't chip in the cost for Vita exclusivity.

patsu

Everyone's been hitting the bombs on mine, so that feels good, at least!

And I plan on keeping Rosie for a little while, at least. Maybe switch out a different Rosie avatar like I did yesterday? She's one of my favorite VC characters(going through the game now), along with Welkin and Largo. Didn't meet many of the villains yet, so we'll see...

And it didn't even do that bad. At retail, it sold a little over 150k and even greatly boosted Vita sales in the first week.

Can you see the stats for your own level ?

I tested with a simple one and I think I sent it out via Near. Haven't received any notifications or news about my level. I don't see other new levels too.

And yes, Treasure Park is convoluted like Near. Is the UI done by the same team ? They need to be educated in usability.

Can you see the stats for your own level ?

I tested with a simple one and I think I sent it out via Near. Haven't received any notifications or news about my level. I don't see other new levels too.

And yes, Treasure Park is convoluted like Near. Is the UI done by the same team ? They need to be educated in usability.

It's really confusing. I don't think you can see who plays your level via near, but you can see the stats if you give/get levels to your friends? It's weird.

dc89

Just been into Sainsburys and they had FIFA on Vita for £13. Pretty sure it was £13.

I know it's close to being replaced by FIFA13 but as a FIFA fan I can't really afford to shell out £70-£80 to have FIFA13 on both my Vita and home console.

So this could be a good solution to FIFA'ing on the go.

Nice to see people talking about Project DIVA f, literally the 2nd game I've ever played on my Vita. Even went through the trouble of acquiring a second memory card at the 11th hour (thanks firmware 1.8) so I could switch to my JP PSN in anticipation of future DLC. I hope DLC actually comes out or switching accounts will have been a waste of time and money =/ If you're interested in Project DIVA, don't forget we have a thread for that~

Going to be switching back for DJ MAX Technika Tune and Persona 4 Golden, whenever they actually come out.

patsu

Too bad~ Another game wasted because of usability issues. Shuhei really needs to make sure games are accessible. Look at Demon's Souls. It's easy to pick up and go, but still challenging for core gamers.

Treasure Park is similar to Minesweeper but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. ^_^
And I love playing Minesweeper.

Nice to see people talking about Project DIVA f, literally the 2nd game I've ever played on my Vita. Even went through the trouble of acquiring a second memory card at the 11th hour (thanks firmware 1.8) so I could switch to my JP PSN in anticipation of future DLC. I hope DLC actually comes out or switching accounts will have been a waste of time and money =/ If you're interested in Project DIVA, don't forget we have a thread for that~

Going to be switching back for DJ MAX Technika Tune and Persona 4 Golden, whenever they actually come out.

DJMax is coming out at the end of the month in Japan. I need a NA releasedate. :/

foxdvd

I think I am finally ready to jump on the vita......I am looking forward to Assassins Creed, and that bundle seems like a good deal, but I would probably pick one up now if I could get a similar packaged deal. I missed out on some of the gift card and free game deals a while back, and that madden deal at amazon is no good since I have ZERO love of sports games. Any place out there with a deal right now for a vita, game and memory card for 249? If not I guess I will wait till October.

Sylver

Banned
Free Vita & PS3 Zen Pinball 2 thanks to have bought Zen Pinball 1.
Great, one of my most anticipated Vita games :D.
85ANX.jpg
Time to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom