• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalBalboa

Banned
I still have to use Near... (ie: other people have to use Near and send me this shit. That isn't happening)

I mean, you post your puzzles locally on Near to gain points and share your puzzles & you can also send them directly to friends that way. I find it pretty fun- I've discovered two today at work from people nearby.

Who here has a Vita with a bit of damaged due to a fall? Mine was recently dropped and took a bit of its matte paint off from the back. And a little chip of the gray side area.

What really pisses me off more is that it wasnt me that dropped, but a friend. I kept telling him to hold it and he was sitting on the floor outside, and put the vita on his lap while watching a video. Made a sudden move and the vita slided off and fell.

Someone please make feel not so bad about this.

VanWinkle

Yes Free [(PS3 Zell Pinball 2) + (PS3 Zen Pinball 2: Zen Pinball Classics) + (Zen Pinball 2: Super Street Fighter II Tribute) + (Vita Zen Pinball Full Game)]
because I bought PS3 Zen Pinball 1 + PS3 Zen Pinball 1 Street Fighter Table.

I can't find now Zen Pinball 1. :/

I have a hard time understanding. I have Zen Pinball 1 for PS3. I also downloaded the free Zen Pinball client on Vita. Do I get some kind of free tables or anything on Zen Pinball 2 for owning Zen Pinball 1?

Raine

Who here has a Vita with a bit of damaged due to a fall? Mine was recently dropped and took a bit of its matte paint off from the back. And a little chip of the gray side area.

What really pisses me off more is that it wasnt me that dropped, but a friend. I kept telling him to hold it and he was sitting on the floor outside, and put the vita on his lap while watching a video. Made a sudden move and the vita slided off and fell.

This happened to mine even though I don't EVER recall dropping it. Actually I've been getting those chip marks ever since I bought it; including where you put the game cart at.

patsu

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40419430&postcount=4603

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I saw the quote before your response and was momentarily excited only to then be crushed. :(

I'm not a club member. I just signed up for a Rewards Zone card today to take advantage of this. I'm looking at my printed coupon now.

sajj316

I'm not a club member. I just signed up for a Rewards Zone card today to take advantage of this. I'm looking at my printed coupon now.

I am a RewardZone member and being part of the GamerClub is literally two clicks. Just sign up for RewardZone, enbable GamerClub and get MGS collection for $15 bucks off. I just printed my claim ..

You will never feel the same way about the Vita or your friend. There is no other way around it.
Yes. Lesson learned here. Never lending anything to anyone ever. Even less to him. I used to take so much care of my Vita before just so this didnt happened, now after this I still do but not as much as before. I used to think where to put it and with so much care just as it were mu baby. I take good care of my electronics. But what keeps running in my mind is that I kept telling him to hold it, afraid of that and it happened in my face. I just wanted to punch the hell out of him for that. Then he went over saying to me: You should've bought a case for it dude.

Kazzy

Friendly reminder that you want to consider switching to a Japanese PSN account to play this, as the manual apparently states DLC is planned.

I don't know what to make of this, because just how awkward is account swapping on the Vita at this point?

I've already made a new account (the one I use currently) just so I had access to the US store, which as it turns out, wasn't that much of a boon. I don't know if I want to go through all that again.

I don't know what to make of this, because just how awkward is account swapping on the Vita at this point?

I've already made a new account (the one I use currently) just so I had access to the US store, which as it turns out, wasn't that much of a boon. I don't know if I want to go through all that again.

Account swapping is a pain in the ass on the Vita. Hope they don't get funny ideas with the PS4.

This happened to mine even though I don't EVER recall dropping it. Actually I've been getting those chip marks ever since I bought it; including where you put the game cart at.
Ya know, I dont mind the chip as it is small, but the black matte paint over the shiny plastic does. Since its a paint over Im afraid it will wore off slowly and then look like a huge chunk.

I had a bit of a misadventure last week where I had to obtain a new memory card at the last minute (because lol firmware 1.8). A friend agreed to give me his current memory card if I bought him a newer (larger) one, and I was given the card in advance. Neither of us could have anticipated the carrier Amazon used to be unable to find his house - and this was with Amazon Prime, no less. We had to get them to overnight a replacement, which ended up not arriving until Tuesday because it was already Labor Day weekend at that point.

But yeah, I now have my original memory card for my US PSN account and another one for my JP account. I take the card currently in the system out then format to be able to switch regions.

Well... Damn.
I'm in NA, but having a game taken down sounds like it sucks ass.

Friendly reminder that you want to consider switching to a Japanese PSN account to play this, as the manual apparently states DLC is planned.
Thankfully I have a 2nd memory card, but it really is just a big hassle now switching accounts. I'll probably play through it on both accounts, though, for the trophies.

Kazzy

But yeah, I now have my original memory card for my US PSN account and another one for my JP account. I take the card currently in the system out then format to be able to switch regions.

I think I am happy to forgo the DLC for the time-being. I'll hold off making another account until the time comes to get a new memory card, and it will.

I'm in NA, but having a game taken down sounds like it sucks ass.

Thankfully I have a 2nd memory card, but it really is just a big hassle now switching accounts. I'll probably play through it on both accounts, though, for the trophies.

To be honest, I'm happy with the 30 tracks in the game, more than enough for me. I heard DJMax has over 50 though. :(

magawolaz

Oh boy. Treasure Park makes zero sense.
What is the second button on the 'menu'.
How do I get more puzzles?.
Wtf is going on!
You can create puzzles to share on 'near' with the people near you; additionally, you can send puzzles to your friend list (up to ten puzzles every day).
Vice versa, you can receive puzzle by using 'near' (only if the people near you undertand how to do it, lol) or from your Friends, via PSN messages.
Can't check now what is that second button, sorry

Ok so i got zen pinball 2 and loved the pvz table which on my second go i got 101million (no idea how good that is as have no reference lol) .

question? how do i get trophies. it says something about buying a multipack but doesnt state which one or its price? i guess just buying the pvz table diesnt unlock trophies for that table which kinda sucks but nevermind.

Edit
As for treasure park,
did the 3 puzzles it givee you. That tella you red means bad so dont start there. Then i make my puzzle and i can put bombs onany colour???? Erm. So what do colours mean then?

Then had to do some stuff with near, while it was synching i realised its not worth the effort and deleted it lol. Might redownload if i hear good things about it later.

Also. Got £4 in psn. What psone game would your recommend. Im tempted my alundra.

patsu

The only bad thing I did was to peel the serial number away after staring at the dogear for a few days. ^_^
[As I recall, I even helped an old lady cross the road that day]

The rest were the Vita's fault.

First time, it landed on the tarmac while I got out of a cab in DC.

I can't remember what happened the second time. I had the carrying case on, so the damage wasn't that great.

zroid

Banned
Edit
As for treasure park,
did the 3 puzzles it givee you. That tella you red means bad so dont start there. Then i make my puzzle and i can put bombs onany colour???? Erm. So what do colours mean then?

Then had to do some stuff with near, while it was synching i realised its not worth the effort and deleted it lol. Might redownload if i hear good things about it later.

I'm still only about 50% clear on how this thing works, but the colour grid is just a clue to help you place where the various items will be. You're told the colour of one of the items in each "set" and you can attempt to deduce their placement that way.

I suppose an especially well-designed puzzle might make it impossible to figure out without at least some guessing.

I'm still only about 50% clear on how this thing works, but the colour grid is just a clue to help you place where the various items will be. You're told the colour of one of the items in each "set" and you can attempt to deduce their placement that way.

I suppose an especially well-designed puzzle might make it impossible to figure out without at least some guessing.

It all just felt kinda broken to me seeing as you can place bombs on green making the colours pointless

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I think we can all agree that treasure park is the most useless, boring and redundant "game" ever. I get more fun playing an iOS fart app than this.

zroid

Banned
It all just felt kinda broken to me seeing as you can place bombs on green making the colours pointless

it's not really that the colours are pointless, just VERY BADLY explained in the tutorial.

I could see myself having a modicum of fun with this, as I like logic puzzles, but the distribution method is atrocious. I know you guys were pointing out that you don't have to rely on Near, as you can receive puzzles from friends, but christ, people need to send them individually and manually to their friends. It's unbelievably tedious and poorly conceived. :|

As I was saying earlier, at the very least, Sony should be sending some pre-made ones to users once a day or so to get people playing.

zroid

Banned
The colors are basically your hints. If you see a bomb or a trap on top of a red box, for example, then you might be weary of those colors in the puzzle itself.

Yeah, I figured it out while playing the one TGH sent me. No thanks to that tutorial =_=

Yes, but you can also put the treasure in a "dangerzone" if you want to be a douche

I like this minigame, too bad just 5 of my friendlist has a PSV and only one play this. :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I do. Was getting out of my car and dropped my Vita onto some nice cold hard concrete.

I dropped my Vita and the left shoulder button has a dent in it (like a couple CM to the left of the L). It's really annoying but somehow I survived.

That said I'm trading swapping this for the AC:Liberation the day it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom