• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
First time, it landed on the tarmac while I got out of a cab in DC.
You make it sound like your Vita just jumped out of the cab. I'm actually more nervous about damaging my Vita than I am about damaging my Macbook Air. I should probably get my priorities straight.

Vitacat

I'm not a club member. I just signed up for a Rewards Zone card today to take advantage of this. I'm looking at my printed coupon now.

Yep, you just need to get a Rewards Zone card, which is free. EDIT: I do NOT have the gamer club thing. Just plain RZ.

I bought MGSC HD last night at BB with the coupon. $25. Played MGS2 all night... o_O (No hate please, I like 2)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You make it sound like your Vita just jumped out of the cab. I'm actually more nervous about damaging my Vita than I am about damaging my Macbook Air. I should probably get my priorities straight.

Both my Vita and MacBook go in a case when I'm not using them just incase, but I am far more careful with the Vita because it is smaller and more likely slip off my hands.

Twinduct

Man getting annoyed with Sony's inability to release the MGS HD pack (PS3) on PSN. I honestly only want Peace Walker. I can play the other two on my Vita, but I want the upscaled hd release of peace walker! Damn you sony!

(Eurorant btw)

I kinda forgot until today that I had Persona 4 Golden pre-ordered. Whoops.

I was going to say that I forgot what I originally wrote and thought your reply was a weird gay joke, but then you edited so now I look even more dumb and I don't even know what's going on anymore, so thanks.
I didn't even know what I had typed until after I hit post so I had to edit it QUICK. i made it much better

But hey, you're welcome! Always nice to lower someone's IQ.

don't use that face with me i'm being serious

patsu

That's exactly what happened. The Vita was in my jacket pocket but it jumped out. ^_^

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Both my Vita and MacBook go in a case when I'm not using them just incase, but I am far more careful with the Vita because it is smaller and more likely slip off my hands.
That's probably it, along with the fact that I can justify buying another laptop for school, which I can't really do for my Vita since at the end of the day, school is more important than video games. I think.

I kinda forgot until today that I had Persona 4 Golden pre-ordered. Whoops.
It's fairly easy to forget about.

I keep forgetting that I have Persona 4 Golden, Virtue's Last Reward, and Soul Sacrifice preordered as well. It's probably because Newegg hasn't charged me for them.

I didn't even know what I had typed until after I hit post so I had to edit it QUICK. i made it much better

But hey, you're welcome! Always nice to lower someone's IQ.
I'm happy to lower myself to your IQ level!

Vitacat

Hey Vitabros.

If you were wondering how God of War plays via remote play on Vita, i made a short video. Check it out if you're interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkgbutSqWQY&feature=youtu.be

Meh. I refuse to look because it will only make me want to buy a PS3. :-(

Wife bought me an XB360 this past Xmas, great system, but would've preferred PS3. She even asked me at the time if I was OK with the XB360, and of course I said yes, cuz it was a great present and there are tons of great games for it. But now that I have my Vita, I'm wishin' I had the PS3 instead.

Carl

How is the overall experience on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being playing it on the PS3 itself? I mean, latency, sharpness, controls, etc.

I'd say it's easily an 8 or 9. Docked a couple of points because the L2/R2 are mapped to the touchpad (I know there's no where else they could put it, but it's obviously inferior to proper buttons. Struggled using that mapping as you can tell in my video). Also, the sticks aren't obviously as precise as on PS3. But that's more of a hardware thing.

In regards to lag, i didn't have any complains about that. if you watch the video, i did a little bit of a lag test. You can see how Kratos jumps pretty much as soon as i press X. Didn't feel laggy to me at all. Image looked fine to me, too.

Vitacat

I'd say it's easily an 8 or 9. Docked a couple of points because the L2/R2 are mapped to the touchpad (I know there's no where else they could put it, but it's obviously inferior to proper buttons. Struggled using that mapping as you can tell in my video). Also, the sticks aren't obviously as precise as on PS3. But that's more of a hardware thing.

In regards to lag, i didn't have any complains about that. if you watch the video, i did a little bit of a lag test. You can see how Kratos jumps pretty much as soon as i press X. Didn't feel laggy to me at all. Image looked fine to me, too.

MEH. NOT LOOKING.

Carl

Meh. I refuse to look because it will only make me want to buy a PS3. :-(

Wife bought me an XB360 this past Xmas, great system, but would've preferred PS3. She even asked me at the time if I was OK with the XB360, and of course I said yes, cuz it was a great present and there are tons of great games for it. But now that I have my Vita, I'm wishin' I had the PS3 instead.

MEH. NOT LOOKING.

Heh, sorry.

Christmas present for this year? ;)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
MEH. NOT LOOKING.
Don't worry! God of War, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls, Yakuza (especially Yakuza, I mean, what a terrible series), and the beauty of region-free gaming are all pretty awful. I mean, you have Gears of War after all!

I'm completely kidding. I'm happy with my PS3 if only for Yakuza, but a lot of the niche games that are 360 exclusive (Culdcept Saga, the Cave Shooters, some XBLA titles) are really piquing my interest.

VanWinkle

Awesome! I did watch the video but it's just hard to really get a feel for it, since a few milliseconds can make all the difference. Good to hear, though.

MisterC20XX

VitaBrosBefore... nevermind.

Nice video, Carl. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the mini review of how things work. I'm liking this convergence between the PS3 and Vita. This plus cross-purchase (or whatever they're calling it) has me wanting to pick up a PS3.

Nice video, Carl. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the mini review of how things work. I'm liking this convergence between the PS3 and Vita. This plus cross-purchase (or whatever they're calling it) has me wanting to pick up a PS3.

You want those double platinums don't you? ^_^

It's fairly easy to forget about.

I keep forgetting that I have Persona 4 Golden, Virtue's Last Reward, and Soul Sacrifice preordered as well. It's probably because Newegg hasn't charged me for them.

I'm happy to lower myself to your IQ level!
It's just weird, I guess. And I'm glad to have someone on my level for once.

Is Crash Team Racing supposed to be available on the NA store now?

This list on IGN says it is: http://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/PSOne_Classics_List - but I wonder if it's wrong. Can't find it on my store.
I don't remember seeing it on the NA store.

Nintenhos?
i love you nintendo boys and gals don't worry

Carl

Thanks, appreciate it :)

brentech

Been playing Zen Pinball 2. So glorious on dat Vita screen.

As for Vita friends I'm starting to feel the need to delete people that don't match their GAF names or make it easily known as to who they are. Shit is getting confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom