• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
First things first, download Mutant Blobs Attack. Then we'll help you/

Indeed.

Buy the game, then we'll talk.

What you need is a PS3; it's not supported for direct download via the Vita, I think. So you have to download the install bubble to the PS3 and use CMA to transfer it.

I might be wrong about that and if I am, then maybe you can

look in your download history and download that way.

go buy gravity rush people unique and stuff

Didn't expect to sign in on my Vita and see three challenges sent my way. o:

My baby arrived!!! *__________*

^ I'm ready to say goodbye to social life, university and everything else except my girlfriend. xD

Sorry for the quality of the photo but i don't have a photograph machine.

I've been having lots of mental problems these past few days, so I hope my copy comes in so I can escape reality and have fun~

Nice to see it came fairly swiftly, though!

kiyomi

Downloaded MGS direct onto the Vita just now, download speeds have increased massively. Took me about 10 minutes, pretty much my record for either Sony device. :D

Treasure Park timeeeee

what do i do

kiyomi

So when you play someone else's board is it just gone forever or what?

'Cause I hit a bomb with my first click on Grim's board >.>

Alright grim, my board has been sent your way.

i think.
You did, but it was totally child's play. :3

So when you play someone else's board is it just gone forever or what?

'Cause I hit a bomb with my first click on Grim's board >.>
GYAHAHAHA

The only way to get boards is to have friends send you them or get 'em via near. So ask here for some invites or scream at your friends or something!

The fuck, you don't own Mutant Blobs? Are you on my PSN friends list? *hovers finger over delete*

no to both

;_;

Does anyone have a screenshot they can post of the Street Fighter Zen Pinball table?

Here:
SFa.jpg

SFb.jpg

Are there any particular views you would like to see?

The board is great too, it has a really good feel about it. I could see it becoming one of my mains.

So I was able to pick up another vita, if I sign in with the same psn username will there be a problem downloading games and syncing??? Is it better to make a separate psn name??

Carl

So I was able to pick up another vita, if I sign in with the same psn username will there be a problem downloading games and syncing??? Is it better to make a separate psn name??

Should be able to sign into the same PSN and download all of your games. You can have 2 handhelds on a PSN name, i think.

Rasec

go buy gravity rush people unique and stuff

Didn't expect to sign in on my Vita and see three challenges sent my way. o:

I've been having lots of mental problems these past few days, so I hope my copy comes in so I can escape reality and have fun~

Nice to see it came fairly swiftly, though!

well, i'm having a blast with the game. going trough songs that aren't that famous is quite good and the game is polished and guess my vita will suffer a lot of recharges on the battery with all this play time xD

This seems as good a place to ask as any... what happened to that Vita Game Heaven 2 event that was supposed to happen...??? Did that ever happen - and if so was it completely uninteresting - because I don't even remember it occurring.

So...the Vita has been hacked and Vita homebrew will be on its way:

http://wololo.net/2012/09/05/usermode-vita-loader-devs-needed/

Maybe this will kick start sales?

This is a tiny exploit; I predict that it will amount to very, very little if any homebrew and absolutely no piracy, and is really just much ado about nothing. Yifan himself says of his exploit that Sony could easily close it at any time (which they will, once they know what it is) and it's not a Kernal-level hack. What that suggests is that it might result in the ability to run app-level homebrew on a system that is running a dated OS version (ie: has not updated the OS ver. since the hack last worked and is therefore unable to attach to PSN) but you won't be able to load or run (or even decrypt) Vita games from PSN or cart using it... So that won't be a popular way of hacking the Vita, since to do anything with Vita games you'll need to update the OS, which will mean you can no longer use the exploit. How many people will buy a Vita just to run a couple minor apps and some buggy 16-bit emulators?

Sid

This is a tiny exploit; I predict that it will amount to very, very little if any homebrew and absolutely no piracy, and is really just much ado about nothing. Yifan himself says of his exploit that Sony could easily close it at any time (which they will, once they know what it is) and it's not a Kernal-level hack. What that suggests is that it might result in the ability to run app-level homebrew on a system that is running a dated OS version (ie: has not updated the OS ver. since the hack last worked and is therefore unable to attach to PSN) but you won't be able to load or run (or even decrypt) Vita games from PSN or cart using it... So that won't be a popular way of hacking the Vita, since to do anything with Vita games you'll need to update the OS, which will mean you can no longer use the exploit. How many people will buy a Vita just to run a couple minor apps and some buggy 16-bit emulators?
Were the ps3's intial exploits done at kernel level?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Man this sucks. My card won't work anymore to make purchases on the Vita store. The last game I bought was MediEvil, and it worked perfectly fine. Now it says the information is invalid, but everything is right.

Yes, the card does have funds.

Man this sucks. My card won't work anymore to make purchases on the Vita store. The last game I bought was MediEvil, and it worked perfectly fine. Now it says the information is invalid, but everything is right.

The fuck? That sucks man, format it?

This happened to me when I put my account info on the Vita and asked for CC confirmation. It didnt worked out. Had to delete all the info and switch to PSN cards. It sucks

SteeloDMZ

Banned
This happened to me when I put my account info on the Vita and asked for CC confirmation. It didnt worked out. Had to delete all the info and switch to PSN cards. It sucks

I made a ton of Vita purchases with that card and it worked fine so far, but now it won't.

I'd switch to PSN cards, but I'm not currently living on the US so I can't get a hold on 'em. :(

Carl

Ha, i never noticed before that EU PSN has a £109.99(!) preorder for AC3 and AC3: Liberation. Fuck, man. Wonder if anyone has actually preordered that.

If he made too many quick purchases, it may be a "safety" thing; I always worry that's going to happen to me during Steam sales.

And yes, Best Buy no long has digital codes, I had to buy my last two cards from Gamestop... :shudder:

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

PSN cards are safer, and now that Vita is wide open for hackers I think everyone should use PSN cards.

mauaus

If he made too many quick purchases, it may be a "safety" thing; I always worry that's going to happen to me during Steam sales.

And yes, Best Buy no long has digital codes, I had to buy my last two cards from Gamestop... :shudder:

Can they be purchased outside the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom