• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

Anyone played Corpse Party ? I am stuck.

Am in this classroom where the writing on the floor says not to read the newspaper (whatever you do). Of course I went ahead to read the paper. The door shut and I'm trapped inside. There is an unlit candle in the room. I carry a matchbox but couldn't lit it. What should I do ?

So Vita bonus of the week, was transferring Vagrant Story to my Vita and forgot that I'm already about 5 hours in with weapons that are upgraded for corresponding enemies. Totally forgot that I had started this on my ps3.

Transfarring ftw.

top page: buy Hatsune Miku and DJMax Technika Tune!

Carl

Anyone played Corpse Party ? I am stuck.

Am in this classroom where the writing on the floor says not to read the newspaper (whatever you do). Of course I went ahead to read the paper. The door shut and I'm trapped inside. There is an unlit candle in the room. I carry a matchbox but couldn't lit it. What should I do ?

Pretty sure you should do as it says... :p

patsu

Pretty sure you should do as it says... :p

That's not helping !

I think I have gone through the whole 3 floors open to me so far. Only a few locked rooms remain unexplored. And I checked all the corpses. Found and used a key. Guess I'll hit the walkthrough sites.

Get out. Now.
whaaaat why

Transfarring is Konami's term, but it may not work with Vita:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/26/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-hd-cant-transfar-to-vita/

The ability to share save files between PS3 and PSP + Vita is just regular file copy. 8^P
No extra effort needed on the developer's part.

Strange isn't it ?

Next step is probably via cloud save.
It works with MGS HD Vita/PS3, so that's a step in the right direction... I guess...?

cyborg009

Banned
pic11.jpg
pic10.jpg

Site updated

Quick

Banned
Transfarring works out just fine for me considering I only have the MGS 2 and 3 for Vita. I'm sure they'll address Peace Walker later on.

I use cross-platform save a lot on MLB 12: The Show. Upload save, download on Vita, get out, come back, upload save, download on PS3. Simple painless process. Takes a bit of time, but nothing absurd.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The more I play persona 4 arena, it makes me realize this is one of the very few games I would have preffered pon my vita since 90% of what I care about in it is a visual novel.

An uprezzed P3 Portable/Persona 4 golden/Persona 4 arena collection would have been amazing and I would have paid an insane price for it.

Vossler

It wasn't transfarring in the Konami sense, just some memory card saves I had on my ps3. Still, bonus! And I can play one of my favorite games on the go now!

Transfarring works out just fine for me considering I only have the MGS 2 and 3 for Vita. I'm sure they'll address Peace Walker later on.

I use cross-platform save a lot on MLB 12: The Show. Upload save, download on Vita, get out, come back, upload save, download on PS3. Simple painless process. Takes a bit of time, but nothing absurd.

I'm pretty sure they won't touch it at this point.
Then again, they did trophy patch MGS4 4 years after it released... :\

Takao

Banned
The more I play persona 4 arena, it makes me realize this is one of the very few games I would have preffered pon my vita since 90% of what I care about in it is a visual novel.

An uprezzed P3 Portable/Persona 4 golden/Persona 4 arena collection would have been amazing and I would have paid an insane price for it.

Arena's definitely getting ported to Vita. The Golden did very well in Japan, and Arcs already showed they can port to Vita with ease.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Arena's definitely getting ported to Vita. The Golden did very well in Japan, and Arcs already showed they can port to Vita with ease.

Unlike P3/P4 I don't actually like PLAYING arena so I wouldn't replay/rebuy it like I did/am with the portable jrpg games.

Jaydevil

Neo Member
Hello everyone! Lurker here who finally decided to get in on this awesome vita community! I read here daily and its nice to have a place where every topic isnt "vita flop, sales this, no games that, complain this, sony blah blah, negativity". I am an avid PS Vita fan and I love the system. Bought the FEB bundle back in February and been hooked ever since. I even pimped my vita out. 32gb memory card also. SUPER excited for the slew of great games getting ready to drop in the near future. PSN is Jaydevil and I love playing UMVC3 competitively. Anyways, here are some pics of my vita and its home screens, and yes I have MBA and GR but no Velocity yet :(.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75552496@N05/

LuchaShaq

Banned
Hello everyone! Lurker here who finally decided to get in on this awesome vita community! I read here daily and its nice to have a place where every topic isnt "vita flop, sales this, no games that, complain this, sony blah blah, negativity". I am an avid PS Vita fan and I love the system. Bought the FEB bundle back in February and been hooked ever since. I even pimped my vita out. 32gb memory card also. SUPER excited for the slew of great games getting ready to drop in the near future. PSN is Jaydevil and I love playing UMVC3 competitively. Anyways, here are some pics of my vita and its home screens, and yes I have MBA and GR but no Velocity yet :(.

Real talk, you a paid forum poster? If so you need to step your game up is all I am saying.

Vitacat

Welcome, Jaydevil.

I just checked your photos, good stuff - I'm curious, are you using retail carts or PSN downloads for Vita games?

Jaydevil

Neo Member
Not quite sure what you mean by that but I do plan on buying a bunch of ps1 games and some of the killer psp games I missed but due to economic hardship I had to put gaming on the back burner.

Jaydevil

Neo Member
All physical. I like the boxes and honestly going digital isnt too bad but 32gb is nothing. I have like 7gb left. I also have all my music and videos and photos on it.

I'm in this funk where I'm now good enough at Lumines that the main (Voyage) mode takes upwards of an hour for me to finish.

This same thing happened with Zen Pinball on the 3DS. I played it obsessively for a while, but when my skill improved to a certain point, it started taking me as much as two hours to complete a single game. I have no patience for two hour pinball sessions :/

Kind of hesitant to jump into ZP2 for that reason...

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but ZP2 lets you save your game in progress. So, if you are in a long pinball session, pause the game and go back to the ZP2 main menu. Your progress will be saved and you can pick it up later. :)

darkwing

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but ZP2 lets you save your game in progress. So, if you are in a long pinball session, pause the game and go back to the ZP2 main menu. Your progress will be saved and you can pick it up later. :)

wait, so i can run another game and when i come back to that table, it will be saved?

Rasec

Jaydevil said:

Nice looking vita there. Like your skins but i think i prefer mine. Mine maybe don't go for the sides of the vita but i prefer this way so the sweat of the hands and the position won't make the sticker come out.

Where's a good place to buy Technika Tune that will ship to europe?
Well if it was me i would be going for amiami site. Their deliever is fast and if you pre-order you'll pay 64$ while on play-asia is 73$
This for the normal version.

For the limited edition you decide, if you want the japanese edition (less things but cool box) is way cheaper on amiami.
If you want the nice korean limited edtion you only have it on play-asia.

@TurkishEmperor: ^ as you can see and i'm now warning you play-asia has the limited korean version up for pre-order.

Takao

Banned
Were the other DJ Max releases we got in North America not released in Europe? 'Cause Technika Tune has been announced for North American release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom