• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'd really rather be a digital only Vita user. I love selecting the games and being able to jump from game to game without bringing the cards with me. But I haven't been able to resist the sales. Rayman, Mod Nation and MK all $10 each? I would have paid more than the cost of all of those COMBINED just for one on the digital store even today.
In a completely hypothetical universe where digital games went on sale and 32 GB cards weren't $100 and I could sell back or receive a refund on games I didn't like, or there was a way to rent games off of PSN, I'd go all digital too. Unfortunately, I sell most of my games back, and I buy the games I do because they're cheap. I think the boxes are cute, but I'd certainly prefer to not have to worry about switching carts out.

OmegaZero

Who here has a Vita with a bit of damaged due to a fall? Mine was recently dropped and took a bit of its matte paint off from the back. And a little chip of the gray side area.

What really pisses me off more is that it wasnt me that dropped, but a friend. I kept telling him to hold it and he was sitting on the floor outside, and put the vita on his lap while watching a video. Made a sudden move and the vita slided off and fell.

Someone please make feel not so bad about this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40423289&postcount=4635
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40423769&postcount=4641

Not really a "fall" but it'll probably make you feel better.

decaf

Just wondering if anyone using the US or JP accounts with FFVII could tell me how their image looks under "Zoom" screen mode. I'm using the PAL version with the 50Hz borders and I'm actually thinking it might be an advantage now as only a tiny sliver of the image is cut off under "Zoom" mode (i.e. when saving, I can still read "Select a file." at the top and the location of the third save at the bottom).

Hey, anyone wanna add me so I can send som treasure maps cards? I got very few Vita owners on my PSN Friend list. More are welcome. Feel free!
PSN: SixStringPsycho

I can answer the first one, and that is a yes. You can set the flippers to the dpad/face buttons. ^_^

Thanks. I played a little and so far I am just blown away by the quality of Zen 2. It controls so much better with the d-pad/O, and the performance is fantastic despite assets/textures being tip-top. There is also a ton of content already available, I had to delete a lot of games to fit it on my card.

This is a big win for Vita IMO.

kuroshiki

Just got zen pinball 2. Question.

How much are the each 'table's? And I don't see ninja gaiden pinball table (if I remember right there was one).

Do I need to buy pinball table to play this, or should I just keep ignoring 'buy now' warnings.

A lot of the single tables like Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden weren't available in-game, I had to dl them in the Vita store. I had trouble finding all the tables on the Vita store, but a search for zen brought them all up for purchase. I think single tables were 2.50 each, and the 4-packs are ten bucks.

All 26 tables are available in-game for me in the European PSN version. I think there were fewer before I added the four free tables from the first Zen Pinball.

Skyzard

Banned
^It is you know. I know pinball fans tend to be older and more appreciative of the tables but to appeal generally...they ought to drop the prices a bit. Like by a third. I want to buy most of them...

That other pinball game coming out for IOS and PC with the dynamic lighting and pre-rendered environments also looks pretty appealing - they mentioned only a possible vita version and that would be down the line though.

£8 for a pack of 4/26 tables...too much these days, especially with all these sales in EU.. 4 tables or 4 ps1 games..

Quick

Banned
So, I spoke to a sales associate at EB Games and asked about any AC3/Liberation combo pack, and apparently they're doing one like the MLB 12 for $79.99.

^It is you know. I know pinball fans tend to be older and more appreciative of the tables but to appeal generally...they ought to drop the prices a bit. Like by a third. I want to buy most of them...

That other pinball game coming out for IOS and PC with the dynamic lighting and pre-rendered environments also looks pretty appealing - they mentioned only a possible vita version and that would be down the line though.

£8 for a pack of 4/26 tables...too much these days, especially with all these sales in EU.. 4 tables or 4 ps1 games..

Haha yeah, choices. :p

Takao

Banned
j5Rx3.jpg

Shinriji

JAPAN VITA PSN RANKING

1. Hatsune Miku: Project f (1863/4.91)
2. Assault Gunners (914/4.53)
3. Special Report Division (196/4.60)
4. Persona 4 Golden (2891/4.95)
5. Table Top Tanks (126/3.04)
6. PulzAR (34/4.91)
7. Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (633/4.77)
8. Dokuro (371/4.85)
9. Pawapuro 2012 (264/4.54)
10. Gundam Seed Battle Destiny (832/4.57)

shaqnosis

Neo Member
EU Vitabros, crash bandicoot 3 is back up on the store now. Randomly disappeared for a while there. Only thing is that its more expensive than Crash 1 & 2, despite the blog listing all 3 at the same sale price.

Rasec

My baby arrived!!! *__________*

^ I'm ready to say goodbye to social life, university and everything else except my girlfriend. xD

Sorry for the quality of the photo but i don't have a photograph machine.

Rasec

What. But. How?

Where did you order your game?
Amiami xP
Been checking the tracking number and they shipped the game at the 28th. maybe that's why i got it early than i expected.

I thought Miku was a girlfriend replacement...
To tell you the truth i love miku but my girlfriend is very cute and sweet and the true love is for her. xP
The funny thing she sometimes says miku is my wife and she's my lover so she gets all the shopping stuff so she doesn't mind my love for miku x'DD. She says it's the privilege of being the lover. x'D

i'm still drooling over the stuff! *__*

Shinriji

I received a message from someone using Near wanting to trade games. It is funny since I think the same thing some days ago, since I'm finished with VT4 and wanted a fighting game.

KalBalboa

Banned
JAPAN VITA PSN RANKING

1. Hatsune Miku: Project f (1863/4.91)
2. Assault Gunners (914/4.53)
3. Special Report Division (196/4.60)
4. Persona 4 Golden (2891/4.95)
5. Table Top Tanks (126/3.04)
6. PulzAR (34/4.91)
7. Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (633/4.77)
8. Dokuro (371/4.85)
9. Pawapuro 2012 (264/4.54)
10. Gundam Seed Battle Destiny (832/4.57)

I actually really like this game. Everyone should give it a shot, considering it's only $2.

What. But. How?

Where did you order your game?

Looks like the game with AmiAmi's preorder bonus (the crystal dome strap, the dark one in the left middle), the regular preorder bonus screen protector (left top), and the accessory set (everything else).

Yea, I am worried about it to. the seller claims he lost the charger for it.

I'd probably ask for a video of it working before you agree to meet. Replacing the charger isn't a huge issue, you can get a USB cable from Amazon (first or third party) and any USB-type cell phone charger should work.

Carl

if any of you are actually playing Treasure Park, make sure to send some puzzles my way :D

Also, a question.

Do you use the social feeds more since the firmware update?

Carl

Hello everyone. I just got my Vita today. Got MGS, Marvel and Gravity Rush.

I apologise if this has been answered before. I bought Peace Walker on PSN back when it came out. Now when I search my download list on the Vita it says "Can't be downloaded on to vita".

Can anyone help me get this downloaded?

First things first, download Mutant Blobs Attack. Then we'll help you/

winjet81

Yea, I am worried about it to. the seller claims he lost the charger for it.

I bought my used Vita privately off of kijiji and it came from the seller with the original box and receipt. Even the AR cards were included.

The Vita you're inquiring about sounds like stolen goods to me... if he lost the charger, how would he deactivate his PSN account info from the unit?

rager

Banned
Looks like the game with AmiAmi's preorder bonus (the crystal dome strap, the dark one in the left middle), the regular preorder bonus screen protector (left top), and the accessory set (everything else).

I'd probably ask for a video of it working before you agree to meet. Replacing the charger isn't a huge issue, you can get a USB cable from Amazon (first or third party) and any USB-type cell phone charger should work.

I just sent him a message stating that, we are oing to meet at a best buy to test it but I am not sure they have cables just lying around to allow that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom