• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Took me three weeks but FINALLY got all the trophies in Welcome Park.

Last one was the under one minute digit chase which is damn hard. :/

Stage 1 bubbles: -25.658
Stage 2 flick and drag: -16.399
Stage 3 rear touch-pad (the worst)-17.567

=0.376 milliseconds left. Cutting it close but whew. Done.

I'm so happy. :D

Now to do Treasures of Montizuma? ...Nahhhhhhhhhhhh. Too luck-based.

Ah thank you that really does clear things up hah! I was going on "red is bad" "green is good" .. blue is wtf sort of logic.

Easier. The color help you to guess where is the piece. For example, the "square piece" with 3 coins and a diamond usually show the color of a coin. Then, you know that there is a coin that match that color, so if you guess where is that piece, the treasure it will be close to that point.

You have to take into account that the symbols can be rotated. So, the Bomb-Money-Trap piece can be found also like Money-Trap-Bomb or Trap-Bomb-Money.

Sent an invite DangerousDave

Nice. If this works, you already should have a puzzle.

I though treasure sheets regenerated after 24 hours, so one needs to have friends playing this le else it's useless, well, if you don't mind help a junior my ID is VISUALSTORM

Skyzard

Banned
Easier. The color help you to guess where is the piece. For example, the "square piece" with 3 coins and a diamond usually show the color of a coin. Then, you know that there is a coin that match that color, so if you guess where is that piece, the treasure it will be close to that point.

You have to take into account that the symbols can be rotated. So, the Bomb-Money-Trap piece can be found also like Money-Trap-Bomb or Trap-Bomb-Money.

Nice. If this works, you already should have a puzzle.

Thanks for the extra tips - just checked and loading your level now thanks! [edit - failed ;( ran out of goes, but getting better..enjoying it, cheers again]

Also, just cause! [I'd recommend not to enlarge due to low quality] - this is on a 16GB. [Grey screen is retail]

kalCo.jpg

Skyzard

Banned
No Velocity?

I played through most of it when I had my plus subscription... (which is also why I think I got some of those free zen pinball tables today - not just a random store bug like I was saying earlier) .... but it is on the top of my to-buy list for ps minis - where is the heart right after it..

Quite a few games backed up too but yes, everyone play velocity :)

Thanks TGH - got your treasure park...managed to get this one! was a bit more careful but quite lucky too...

Working on one now to send out

Shinriji

Also, just cause! [I'd recommend not to enlarge due to low quality] - this is on a 16GB. [Grey screen is retail]

kalCo.jpg

I am using this wallpaper as well, so classy. Thanks for reminding me to go in the Wallpaper topic and pester the original creator to make 2 more (for NeoGeo and PCEngine games).

Site updated

This art is just gorgeous. I want that game, really really bad :( Seeing all of the townsfolk/city stuff is making me wonder if there are towns? I thought it was like mission based, instanced and stuff like MH, to make it easier for the 4 player co-op? Maybe there are various town hubs..

So this really will be like an ultra gory, gothic competitor to MH eh?

Carl

No longer talking to anyone who doesn't own Mutant Blobs >.>

Sometimes i wonder how many copies of MBA have been sold due to my constant talking about it.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Bordering on deserving commission for MBA!

Carl said:
Sometimes i wonder how many copies of MBA have been sold due to my constant talking about it.

I was thinking the same hah! Wouldn't be shocked if the developer felt guilty and gave you a cut ;P

I am using this wallpaper as well, so classy. Thanks for reminding me to go in the Wallpaper topic and pester the original creator to make 2 more (for NeoGeo and PCEngine games).

Yes, completely agree. Looks really classy on the vita - Sony should have paid the guy and brought it out officially!

Main theme. // Full thread. [for anyone else interested]

No problem. I hate you now for getting it! :D
;_;

EDIT: nevermind i like you again

Haha...I was quite lucky to be honest (hit the diamond on the third click - quite a bit left unexplored)...sent a level over to give you a chance for revenge

Rasec

The fuck? Djmax korean LE already presold?! But how.

Damn, now that is what i say quick.

Just keep at it and check daily. It's bound to go back in stock, even if for a very short time.

True, maybe give your email so they can warn you when it's in stock. If amiami gets something i'll tell you but i guess the korean will only be at play-asia. I guess some people pre-order a bunch so they can resell it later to get good cash.

Like what happened with the project diva ps vita edition.
Also, 3 days before the lauch date and in the day of launching there's always someone who quits the order and you can use that change.

And play-asia sometimes it's weird. it says there pre-orders opening soon but you click and inside it says everything it's already pre-sold.

Carl

^ Bordering on deserving commission for MBA!

I was thinking the same hah! Wouldn't be shocked if the developer felt guilty and gave you a cut ;P

Haha i've been in contact with them before and told them how much i spam it in here. The guy seemed really happy to know someone loved it that much. A couple of the guys hang around GAF apparently. Could be watching us right now! :O

Gonna make a new sheet tonight and send it your way.

Good man!

Skyzard

Banned
Haha i've been in contact with them before and told them how much i spam it in here. The guy seemed really happy to know someone loved it that much. A couple of the guys hang around GAF apparently. Could be watching us right now! :O

That is really cool, also nice that devs do check GAF...feel bad for some of the silly comments they must have to go through. Actually speaking of devs and neogaf..

IGN put up an 8 minute walkthrough of Guacamelee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Ua9-f-y-Y

Wow, actually quite interested in this now - does look fantastic! - loved the evil disney-style female boss as well as the combat and visuals. Easily beats out Picotto Knights (sp?) if it had online it would make it redundant here!

It would be awesome if co-op is available on vita via online, join up in a party and talk tactics via party chat...but somehow I doubt it ;(

At least with the cross-controller feature they added extra vita stuff: [map]

Mini-map_thumb.jpg

This is what they say right under the picture hah:

Carl

That is really cool, also nice that devs do check GAF...feel bad for some of the silly comments they must have to go through. Actually speaking of devs and neogaf..

Wow, actually quite interested in this now - does look fantastic! - loved the evil disney-style female boss as well as the combat and visuals. Easily beats out Picotto Knights (sp?) if it had online it would make it redundant here!

It would be awesome if co-op is available on vita via online, join up in a party and talk tactics via party chat...but somehow I doubt it ;(

At least with the cross-controller feature they added extra vita stuff

Yeah it's nice. Just sent them another email and linked them to this page so they can see our Guaca-chat if they hadn't already ;) Haha.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE their graphics. They seem to be keeping a constant theme through all of their games, which i especially love.

The cross-controller sounds pretty decent. Especially because i bloody love the d-pad on Vita.

Skyzard

Banned
When does Guacamelee release?

Hmm some info from an IGN article back in June:

Gamers will also be pleased to learn that Guacamelee supports entirely optional local co-op. A member of the development team played right alongside me, making for an interesting dynamic. I probably won’t opt to play co-op when Guacamelee launches in early 2013, but it’s there if you want to mess around with it.

DrinkBox Studios told me that they want Guacamelee to be at least five hours long, but they don’t want to arbitrarily and artificially pad its playtime either. They also told me that they’re unsure about if purchasing the Vita version will net you the PS3 version for free or vice-versa, though it would certainly be nice. Regardless, PS3 and Vita gamers should keep Guacamelee on their radars moving forward, because for a game that doesn’t take itself very seriously, it’s still a hell of a lot of fun.

- IGN - E3 2012: Combat, Exploration and Hilarity in Guacamelee!

At least it sounds like he found sp enjoyable...or perhaps co-op wasn't as polished as it seemed from that new video we just saw.

Shame these games are quite short..5 hours-ish. Would love to get more playtime out of them but I'm sure it will be reflected in the price. Love PSN games as much as retail and always appreciate replayability...hopefully it will add some of that with extra challenges.

P90

Ah it's okay. The lsof command I gave was not quite right. >_<
I tried it out on my Mac. I think the output may be too confusing for a non-technical person.

If you're doing a clean install of ML, I think you should be fine.

I did what you said and everything is working great now. Thanks!

Carl

Shame these games are quite short..5 hours-ish. Would love to get more playtime out of them but I'm sure it will be reflected in the price. Love PSN games as much as retail and always appreciate replayability...hopefully it will add some of that with extra challenges.

I'd rather have a spectacular 5 hour game for £10 or so, than a 10 hour game that outstays its welcome.

Skyzard

Banned
I'd rather have a spectacular 5 hour game for £10 or so, than a 10 hour game that outstays its welcome.

I've been spoilt with Sound Shapes and its level editor/community maps..

Also btw I'm not sure where I read it but heard something fantastic about LBP vita (remembered since it's also awesomely including a level editor, with downloadable levels...drool..) - something about them making it even less floaty then the PS3 versions and just generally tighter controls [-people talking about their gameplay experiences with LBP vita..not sure if it was pax or the beta or what..] Something I was a little worried about.

they haven't said yet if Guacamelee is gonna be cross-buy, right?

I don't think so...not yet, but I have a feeling it will be coming.

Carl

they haven't said yet if Guacamelee is gonna be cross-buy, right?

I have no idea actually. Asked them in an email, not really expecting an answer yet. If they have an answer i'll let you know.

Also btw I'm not sure where I read it but heard something fantastic about LBP vita (remembered since it's also awesomely including a level editor, with downloadable levels...drool..) - something about them making it even less floaty then the PS3 versions and just generally tighter controls [-people talking about their gameplay experiences with LBP vita..not sure if it was pax or the beta or what.. Something I was a little worried about..

Yeah Donkey Show confirmed they have tweaked the jumping and made the controls better :)

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah it's nice. Just sent them another email and linked them to this page so they can see our Guaca-chat if they hadn't already ;) Haha.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE their graphics. They seem to be keeping a constant theme through all of their games, which i especially love.

The cross-controller sounds pretty decent. Especially because i bloody love the d-pad on Vita.

Unbeatable d-pad for platformers. Helped so much with Crash Bandicoot 1!

I agree about the visuals being amazing as well it's like Rayman Origins meets Samurai Jack

4d1bb7631afa4a08f8af4c0f7058e953884d67e9_m.jpg

Yeah Donkey Show confirmed they have tweaked the jumping and made the controls better :)

Excellent news...although so broke I was hoping to delay picking it up...can't leave it for too long now.

Hopefully someone here can help me, my plus subscription ran out yesterday, only it didn't run out because I had added a 3 month card a few days ago. My problem is all my plus content on the vita says this content has expired. Everything is fine on the ps3. Is there anyway to update the content? Or do I have to re-download everything again, that would really blow.

Carl

Unbeatable d-pad for platformers. Helped so much with Crash Bandicoot 1!

Excellent news...although so broke I was hoping to delay picking it up...can't leave it for too long now.

Best D-Pad i've ever used, anyway.

Haha i know the feeling, i'm broke too. Girlfriend's birthday this month which doesn't help. Thankfully only buying Tokyo Jungle and LBP Vita this month, so i can save up for the onslaught of games next month

Skyzard

Banned
Best D-Pad i've ever used, anyway.

Haha i know the feeling, i'm broke too. Girlfriend's birthday this month which doesn't help. Thankfully only buying Tokyo Jungle and LBP Vita this month, so i can save up for the onslaught of games next month

Haha same-ish...seems reasonable though...bit of debt here...and sister (lol (no chance getting anything decent now)) + gf's birthday next month... should stop buying vita games but...don't think I can go without for too long. Just so nice adding those bubbles..
shame I have to get rid of a few each time now though..

So nice... :)
And look even better on the Vita.

Would love to hear peoples' favourites for Zen Pinball 2. I'm personally looking to buy one of the non-pack tables for now for budget reasons but heard some of the packs were really decent. I nabbed PvZ...brilliant but still nice to have a few to mix it up with. Was thinking epic quest (heard it carries stats between sessions like an RPG!) or Excalibur maybe.

LuchaShaq

Banned
According to statements in NPD thread vita sold less in August than July....where it sold 47k in NA.

FUUUUUUUUU

Not really sure if there will be much support after this fall at this rate.

Skyzard

Banned
Excalibur is really, really good. And only $2.50, right?

My favourite of the four in the 3DS version, definitely.

Yeah I'm gonna go for Excalibur, great theme and nice music too. Didn't get long enough to figure out the table with these pretty short (but still appreciated) trials. Thanks! Gonna nab it now.

Two straight months of no retail releases will do that.

Yeah, exactly... ^ But I am expecting it to rise (somewhat) decently for the rest of the year, at least in a month or so.

Vitacat

According to statements in NPD thread vita sold less in August than July....where it sold 47k in NA.

FUUUUUUUUU

Still have some big titles coming up in the next couple of months. There is still a glimmer of hope. If only Sony had taken Vita more seriously, and not hired 3rd rate devs for some key titles (Resistance, COD) we could feel more confident.

Skyzard

Banned
Is Nihilistic that bad guys? (dw any fans..safe here - hopefully ;)

Personally I'm still quite keen on picking up Resistance, perhaps CoD, [and unit13/uncharted of the shooterish games]. Of course killzone as well.

Carl

FUUUUUUUUU

If it's still selling like shit through October, November, and December, then i will start to get worried.

There's some decent games coming from now on. LittleBig Planet, Call of Duty (it's a big name, i imagine it will do well whatever we think), Playstation AllStars, Asassin's Creed. Not to mention the christmas boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom