• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Well, my Vita is quite...dead without people with Vita games. Plus I have like 8 people in my friends list and only 2 have a Vita; so...

Quote to see my PSN ID:

I'll add everyone that sends a request, I just want to see notifications, "X-person is playing this" and stuff. :p

Hello everyone! Lurker here who finally decided to get in on this awesome vita community! I read here daily and its nice to have a place where every topic isnt "vita flop, sales this, no games that, complain this, sony blah blah, negativity". I am an avid PS Vita fan and I love the system. Bought the FEB bundle back in February and been hooked ever since. I even pimped my vita out. 32gb memory card also. SUPER excited for the slew of great games getting ready to drop in the near future. PSN is Jaydevil and I love playing UMVC3 competitively. Anyways, here are some pics of my vita and its home screens, and yes I have MBA and GR but no Velocity yet :(.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75552496@N05/
Awesome pics. A friend of mine would love to have your Vita with all the DMC stuff. XD

Rasec

Were the other DJ Max releases we got in North America not released in Europe? 'Cause Technika Tune has been announced for North American release...

I hardly saw any of the dj max games get released in my country.
Maybe with psn it could be easier to them selling to all europe.

Shinriji

Zen Pinball 2 is fantastic, even better than the old Marvel Pinball thing.

And for my friends Cecil and Laguna X, did you miss me on the leaderboards? :p

spannicus

Anyone know how Abes Odyssey looks on the Vita. Damn Psn store won't let me use my DC and I don't want to buy a 20 card to buy one game. Any options on where to get a legit 10 card email code?

LOL! No. 2 is the new No. 1 when you're on the leaderboards... By the way Shinriji, I FINALLY got my ethernet cord back from my sister, so I can do adhoc party again! :)

But, in the process I left my Vita charger over there lol... I'm getting it back tonight but I have been craving some pinball and I want to improve my scores. :(

mauaus

The old marvel pinball thing was Zen Pinball 1 and if you owned it you can download those tables for free!

Jaydevil

Neo Member
Nice looking vita there. Like your skins but i think i prefer mine. Mine maybe don't go for the sides of the vita but i prefer this way so the sweat of the hands and the position won't make the sticker come out.

I like the combination of blk/red so I thought why not make a DMC themed skin? Its a custom made Zagg skin and it is of great quality. My clear black bumper protects most of the vita and the area where I palm the vita so its safe. The rear touchpad skin protects and I can use it with no cost of sensitivity. I also have the full front hori screen protector on it.

Thanks Fernoca and everyone else for the welcome/compliments.

test_account

XP-39C²
Today i got the Nuclear Blast trophy in Montezuma Blitz! :D It is the trophy to destroy every block on the screen at once. It come a lot down to luck, so i'm glad i got it out of the way.

I used dynamite, lighting and purple totem, all fully upgraded. The i tried to get purple combos as many time as i could (keeping reshuffling the board) and try to get as many 4 or 5 block combos as possible since this adds extra dynamite or lightning to the table usually.

Quick

Banned
Welcome.

I like that you take time to put custom skins on your Vita. Good stuff. I'd do that if I had any good ideas for one.

Rasec

I like the combination of blk/red so I thought why not make a DMC themed skin? Its a custom made Zagg skin and it is of great quality. My clear black bumper protects most of the vita and the area where I palm the vita so its safe. The rear touchpad skin protects and I can use it with no cost of sensitivity. I also have the full front hori screen protector on it.

Thanks Fernoca and everyone else for the welcome/compliments.

Not bad, as you can see mine is more simple:
(Only front and back. No sides xP)
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9318/img0115ax.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8751/img0114zd.jpg

Also, simples question, in one of your pics you have a clear case with what it seems it has a plastic windows in the screen area that it looks you can lift it up.
What case is that and is the "window" on the screen easy to take off to play?

Jaydevil

Neo Member
That is the MadCatz Crystal Armorshell from Gamestop for $12. Very thin & lightweight and that "window" is actually the place where the plastic rear touch pad cover rests when its not in use. The front screen doesnt have a cover. Theres also a built in stand on the backside for videos/looking pretty. I highly recommend it for people with skins as it brings out the skin and protects it all while looking stylish.

I actually remember when you first posted your vita. I was like "wow thats slick!" Looks great.

yurinka

Transfarring is Konami's term, but it may not work with Vita:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/26/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-hd-cant-transfar-to-vita/

The ability to share save files between PS3 and PSP + Vita is just regular file copy. 8^P
No extra effort needed on the developer's part.

Strange isn't it ?

Next step is probably via cloud save.
Haven't checked MGSHD, but I think Motorstorm RC approach is the perfect one. When playing in Vita or PS3, your progress is synched automatically in the cloud. You don't need to copy or to select a "sync" option in a menu. You just play in Vita or PS3 and everything is automatically uploaded to the servers.

So if you continue in the other your progress will be automatically there.

In others like Sound Shapes you need to click the 'sync with cloud' option.

Just curious, how is the Konami approach?

Rasec

We'll hear more of these. :/

@rasec: your vita is so cool :)

Thanks! ^^ btw, i hope you saw my earlier post. i wrote something for you.
This v xD (but maybe you already knew)
@TurkishEmperor: ^ as you can see and i'm now warning you play-asia has the limited korean version up for pre-order.

That is the MadCatz Crystal Armorshell from Gamestop for $12. Very thin & lightweight and that "window" is actually the place where the plastic rear touch pad cover rests when its not in use. The front screen doesnt have a cover. Theres also a built in stand on the backside for videos/looking pretty. I highly recommend it for people with skins as it brings out the skin and protects it all while looking stylish.

I actually remember when you first posted your vita. I was like "wow thats slick!" Looks great.

Very nice. Thanks for the info. might need a shell for my vita for the future. the one i use the closing plastic thing broke so now i'm using some duct tape to close the lid of the shell.

leroidys

Haven't checked MGSHD, but I think Motorstorm RC approach is the perfect one. When playing in Vita or PS3, your progress is synched automatically in the cloud. You don't need to copy or to select a "sync" option in a menu. You just play in Vita or PS3 and everything is automatically uploaded to the servers.

Do I have to buy all of these games on each system?

Glix

It's awesome that you can activate PS3 PSN codes on Vita. I was able to snag a DUST beta key using my Vita at work, woot!

Carl

Some games are cross buy (You buy the vita version and get PS3 version, or the other way around), some aren't. Usually say in the PSN store description if they are cross-buy.

Some retail titles will be cross buy too. If you buy Playstation Allstars, Sly 4, or the new Ratchet and clank (ON PS3) you'll get the Vita version free.

Thanks! ^^ btw, i hope you saw my earlier post. i wrote something for you.
This v xD (but maybe you already knew)
@TurkishEmperor: ^ as you can see and i'm now warning you play-asia has the limited korean version up for pre-order.

Very nice. Thanks for the info. might need a shell for my vita for the future. the one i use the closing plastic thing broke so now i'm using some duct tape to close the lid of the shell.

Thanks Rasec! I went to preorder it but it says preorders opening soon. So I'l check multiple times a day for that. :D

Does anyone have a favorite widescreen view setting for zen pinball 2. I've just been using 1 and it seems OK wondering if anyone has any preferences. I'm not enamored with portrait mode.

This is a product with limited availability and our allocations have been presold. If you have preordered this item, your order has usually been confirmed. If you plan to purchase this item, please check back on the item's release date for possible restock.

The fuck? Djmax korean LE already presold?! But how.

patsu

Excellent ! This is how it should be done if the user has net access. Kudos to the devs !

I guess this works too, but slightly less convenient.

I think Transfarring allows you to transfer the data/save via an in-game menu, which is cool too when it works. The user doesn't have to deal with the tedious Content Manager "copy file" steps.

It would be great if we can just sync any game save with 1 touch by using the bubble's context menu (or a standard LiveArea button at the top).

Skyzard

Banned
Does anyone have a favorite widescreen view setting for zen pinball 2. I've just been using 1 and it seems OK wondering if anyone has any preferences. I'm not enamored with portrait mode.

I love it!

Nice to have the view of the whole thing...works really well with touch controls too.

MooMoo

Well, my Vita is quite...dead without people with Vita games. Plus I have like 8 people in my friends list and only 2 have a Vita; so...

Quote to see my PSN ID:

I'll add everyone that sends a request, I just want to see notifications, "X-person is playing this" and stuff. :p
I added you :p Always nice to have a few more friends for leaderboards. I could use a few more friends too (PSN ID: yoshiDeKiller). Currently playing ZP2, but only the PvZ board. As much as I enjoy playing this game, the boards are kinda pricey so I'm kind of holding off for some future imaginary sale to jump ship on them.

yurinka

It depends : for Motorstorm RC and Sound Shapes you buy the game in one system and get the other version for free.s.
In the future there will be Cross Buy titles like Sly 4 or Playstation All-Stars : buy the PS3 version and get the Vita version free, unlike the two listed above where you can get the PS3 version by buyin the Vita version.
With MGSHD Collection you have to buy them in both system
It would be great if we can just sync any game save with 1 touch by using the bubble's context menu (or a standard LiveArea button at the top).
Ok thanks.
Well, in this case then Motorstorm RC has the best system: it's done automatically with 0 touches. No menu, no options. You just play connected to Internet and the game syncs it automatically

patsu

Well, in this case then Motorstorm RC has the best system: it's done automatically with 0 touches. No menu, no options. You just play connected to Internet and the game syncs it automatically

Yes, I was thinking about the case where you don't have Internet access, just between the PS3 and the Vita.

If there is net access, the fully automated Motorstorm RC mechanism wins hands down.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Arena's definitely getting ported to Vita. The Golden did very well in Japan, and Arcs already showed they can port to Vita with ease.

I'd double dip, but honestly I just want an Eternal Punishment localization announcement. :|

To any users of the fabulous Vita YouTube downloader JavaScript that was broken during the 1.8 update: Rejoice!

It looks like the creator has updated the site with a new JavaScript, which I just tested and it seems to work great.

Here is the website (same as before):

http://oretube.blog99.fc2.com/blog-entry-75.html

The new JavaScript is called "testvita" at the very top. Just bookmark it like before.

If you are new to saving YouTube videos on your Vita, please check out my video on how to do it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7W5f7rBcM8

But when you get to the saving JavaScript bookmark part, please use that new "testvita" instead of the one I show in the video.

Enjoy!

zroid

Banned
So I had seven puzzles sent to me today in Treasure Park. Seems like some people got addicted fast.

aside from that one yesterday by TGH, nobody's sent me a damn thing

this is what I'm talking about. I'm happy that you're enjoying it, but making it absolutely necessary to have friends who will actively go out of their way to send you puzzles is idiotic.

this is literally the first time in my life that I've had a game that I want to play and can't simply by design.

I could use some gaffers for some daily Treasure Park puzzles. There aren't too many people in my friend list that use the game, and in my city I only found a few.

Quote to see my PSN ID.

Skyzard

Banned
You know with Treasure Park...do the colours even matter? I mean it's not like they change when you place your items on the map...you can place any item anywhere and the colour stays the same from what I can tell in the level creator

- so why does the manual say study the colours for clues?

any help is appreciated, pretty stumped with it...doesn't help that it won't let you retry the tutorial or someone's level..if you can even get a hold of one !

Carl

You know with Treasure Park...do the colours even matter? I mean it's not like they change when you place your items on the map...you can place any item anywhere and the colour stays the same from what I can tell in the level creator

- so why does the manual say study the colours for clues?

any help is appreciated, pretty stumped with it...doesn't help that it won't let you retry the tutorial or someone's level..if you can even get a hold of one !

The pictures on the left give you clues. It will tell you which colours some of the items are on. So you know that, for example, if a bomb is on a green square, watch out for green squares!

Skyzard

Banned
The pictures on the left give you clues. It will tell you which colours some of the items are on. So you know that, for example, if a bomb is on a green square, watch out for green squares!

Ah thank you that really does clear things up hah! I was going on "red is bad" "green is good" .. blue is wtf sort of logic.

Sent an invite DangerousDave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom