• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitacat

Is Nihilistic that bad guys? (dw any fans..safe here - hopefully ;)

Personally I'm still quite keen on picking up Resistance, perhaps CoD, [and unit13/uncharted of the shooterish games]. Of course killzone as well.

Did you play the Resistance demo? It seemed pretty crappy to me, by Vita standards (compared to other key launch titles like Uncharted, Wipeout etc.). A shame, considering Vita is the first mainstream handheld with good controls for FPS's. Unit 13 is pretty decent though, based on the demo I played.

Skyzard

Banned
Did you play the Resistance demo? It seemed pretty crappy to me, by Vita standards (compared to other key launch titles like Uncharted, Wipeout etc.). A shame, considering Vita is the first mainstream handheld with good controls for FPS's. Unit 13 is pretty decent though, based on the demo I played.

Aha still haven't made space to try the demo out! I watched a few videos where the controls seemed to be ok? I understand not much holds up to 2048 though ;) I did hear things about overusing touch controls for some weapons though...but the gameplay vids looked pretty decent to me...guess I'll check the demo again thanks. Hopefully they'll have improved a little with CoD but seems like a pretty short deadline..

Skip Resistance, get Unit 13.

Hmm, heard this a few times ... might have to skip, will still check the demo when I've made the space but thanks for the recommendation for U13. I'm not even that bothered about MP though with this, was just hoping for some shooting satisfaction, MGS doesn't quite cut it and don't have much else. Heard U13 was well made but a bit short and repetitive. Still, should do the trick, thanks.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
hey guys - i'm thinking about getting a vita soonish

i never experienced any PSP and seeing how the vita is on a bit of a draught

what PSP games are there worth playing that I can get/play on the vita?

cheers in advance.

Seda

I bought a Vita, thanks to the Sony Ultrabook promotion.

I should get it on Monday, or otherwise early next week.

Carl

Resistance is alright. Controls like a charm. It's everything else that's the problem. I'd say it's a good game made badly.

Skip Resistance, get Unit 13.

This.

Yup

Is Nihilistic that bad guys? (dw any fans..safe here - hopefully ;)

Personally I'm still quite keen on picking up Resistance, perhaps CoD, [and unit13/uncharted of the shooterish games]. Of course killzone as well.

I'd agree with the guys above me. Unit 13 demo vs. Resistance demo made me say "yes" to a $20 Unit 13 and "no fucking way" to a $20 Resistance. And I love Resistance (and played through Resistance 2 and Resistance 3).

Or get both. Resistance is fun for what it is.

As someone who has played all 3 console titles, I could not stomach more than 5 minutes of the demo. Unless it gets much better after where I quit, I still couldn't recommend it.
(And I think all the console titles offer *something* to the player, even 2...)

If it's still selling like shit through October, November, and December, then i will start to get worried.

There's some decent games coming from now on. LittleBig Planet, Call of Duty (it's a big name, i imagine it will do well whatever we think), Playstation AllStars, Asassin's Creed. Not to mention the christmas boost.

Yes. Vita hasn't even had a holiday season to boost it's sales yet (because Sony is full of morons... I would've gotten one for Christmas, launch titles be damned, instead of waiting 6 months and getting it for $100 off).

Still have some big titles coming up in the next couple of months. There is still a glimmer of hope. If only Sony had taken Vita more seriously, and not hired 3rd rate devs for some key titles (Resistance, COD) we could feel more confident.

See above, but again, not even had a holiday season to help sales yet.

Skyzard

Banned
[edit; Thanks as well corrosivefrost ^]

Resistance is alright. Controls like a charm. It's everything else that's the problem. I'd say it's a good game made badly.

Everything else? :(

Looked quite good on youtube from what I remember but okay seems like U13 it is.

Maybe we're expecting too much from some developers, especially since the vita is quite new...SL were another level...

Quick

Banned
I think I might just pull the trigger on Gravity Rush. It's like $34.99 on the PS Store right now, vs. $39.99 retail.

brainpann

Jeez, I really want to buy Gravity Rush but I just picked up Ragnarok Odyssey and MGSHD. That, on top of the PSOne titles AND now some choice Remote Play options, I dont know when I will get to play much else.

The Vita is shaping up to be everything I wanted and more.

If FF12 were to magically manage its way onto the Vita, I would probably play exclusively on my Vita until sometime late next year.

Skyzard

Banned
They're arbitrarily holding it back until November. It's the Vita's holiday killer app!

Gotta wake up early (come Christmas) and unwrap all those gifts!

[Just cause:p]

51dY4rQ6xqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51qwBCNlvfL._AA300_.jpg

51agfhFEc8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

510anoDBFYL._AA300_.jpg

616jSvvuasL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61rkuPdY6qL._AA300_.jpg

615Q2s2ArzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61IkCcBWvIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61bLH-vl8iL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

....let me fluff some more, won't probably get too many looks at a lot of these retail boxes anyway what with digital and all! - hopefully some decent psn christmas sales (world wide!)

51LAcStsSTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51fIZixgknL._AA300_.jpg

61le3j6LpNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

518EEkgg6xL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

517NDRzUy8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

...maybe it will actually be like the screenshots:

..which look good to me tbh. not bothered about 8 players online either. Had some fantastic 4v4 CS memories from back in the day, I'll probably appreciate it being less random and chaotic in MP (I can understand people wanting more though). At least there won't be a shortage for other games, too bad vita hasn't nailed the shooter genre straight away though - you'd think they would have nailed it being the first dual stick handheld and all.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I just downloaded the Zen Pinball Classics pack for free on my vita though the in-game menu!, is it supposed to be free?

Skyzard

Banned
I just downloaded the Zen Pinball Classics pack for free on my vita though the in-game menu!, is it supposed to be free?

May have had PS Plus for a while a few months back?..same thing happened to me not sure why though. Happened from the vita ps store earlier today..

branny

I just want Ragnarok Odyssey and DJMAX Technika Tune. Those November releases (P4G and PSABR, in particular) will mean a lot more to me once October ends.

Well, first, I'd actually like TTT2 to come out so time can start moving at normal speed again.

Takao

Banned
Resistance is generic as shit. doesn't feel like a Resistance game at all. I'm just a guy doing stuff with horrible graphics and even more horrible gun sounds.

There's a reason for that. SCEA asked Nihilistic to make an FPS on PS3/360 capable hardware, and then months later told them they were making Resistance on Vita.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
May have had PS Plus for a while a few months back?..same thing happened to me not sure why though. Happened from the vita ps store earlier today..

Yep, so I'm guessing it was a free PS Plus game/pack then?, either way I'm pretty chuffed, loving pinball on a handheld, never really cared for it on the console.

Skyzard

Banned
Yep, so I'm guessing it was a free PS Plus game/pack then?, either way I'm pretty chuffed, loving pinball on a handheld, never really cared for it on the console.

Same here, was an awesome bonus (considering they cost like £8!) Decent tables too...just playing excalibur now

And yes, a ps plus totally free bonus that actually sticked after the sub! pretty neat.

Don't forget to trial and grab the PvZ table too.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
The next few months are gonna destroy my wallet. Heaps of stuff I want.

Did we get any impressions of Super Monkey Ball from the Japanese release? Haven't been able to find any.

According to statements in NPD thread vita sold less in August than July....where it sold 47k in NA.

FUUUUUUUUU

Not really sure if there will be much support after this fall at this rate.

They got to do something. The price needs to drop or something. Sure there are games coming this fall, but that won't be enough. Starting to get really concerned.

Skyzard

Banned
Ah, thanks! Certainly looks more like the GC games. Hoping it's good...

No worries, hope it is good too! I saw something about a level editor that uses the camera as well but couldn't quite get my head around it. Think they were some Japanese trailers for it..

Hopefully won't be too pricey...might have to wait for a sale or discount on SMB with everything else coming out, but will watch some proper reviews when it's out here.

Vitacat

No worries, hope it is good too! I saw something about a level editor that uses the camera as well but couldn't quite get my head around it. Think they were some Japanese trailers for it..

Hopefully won't be too pricey...might have to wait for a sale or discount on SMB with everything else coming out, but will watch some proper reviews when it's out here.

That video looks quite good. I loved SMB on GC and even the GBA. If this is reasonably priced I'll buy it.

Derrick01

Banned
What's so special about Unit 13? I heard it was average.

I'm personally excited for ACIII Liberation and PS All-Star Battle Royale this fall.

I'm really putting a lot of hope into AC:L. It's going to be the first Vita game I get obviously due to the bundle but it's easily the one I'm most excited to play. It looks really great.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual

I'm really putting a lot of hope into AC:L. It's going to be the first Vita game I get obviously due to the bundle but it's easily the one I'm most excited to play. It looks really great.
You're finally getting one! Good news. I'm looking forward to that too - as well as Most Wanted, which i'm buying more because of the clear effort being put into it.

They got to do something. The price needs to drop or something. Sure there are games coming this fall, but that won't be enough. Starting to get really concerned.

pretty much all the bigger games from here to the end of year get a bundle with game, mem card and console for $250 US (LBP, ASS Creed, COD, PSABR,) not the same as price drop but should help.

Doombear

I bought a Vita, thanks to the Sony Ultrabook promotion.

I should get it on Monday, or otherwise early next week.

That sounds about right. Buy a kickass Vita, get a free crappy Ultrabook. I like that promotion. Welcome to Vitabro Madness.

Derrick01

Banned
You're finally getting one! Good news. I'm looking forward to that too - as well as Most Wanted, which i'm buying more because of the clear effort being put into it.

Yup I don't know exactly when I'll be able to get one but it'll definitely be this holiday season. I think I'll give most wanted a shot too, I don't normally like racing games but with the position Vita's in I don't really have the luxury of being extremely picky. I'll probably get the persona 4 remake or whatever it is too, I had the PS2 version but I never did play it which I don't think I've ever done with a game before.

Massa

You have a variety of situations and 8 or so different type of characters to choose to tackle them in. You can go in stealthy or guns blazing or anywhere in between.

It's very much a game-game, with leaderboards and getting 5 out of 5 stars in a level being a big part of it, not a movie-game like most third person shooters these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom