• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

still playing UC:GA (playing it piecemeal) and every time I pop it in, I'm amazed by the aiming, its so natural. Do you think it'd work with console versions of the game? The sixaxis has motion sensors, seems it'd be fairly natural to fine-tune your aim with the controller.

HATE the motion QTEs though. I don't use the touch screen for climbing or any of that nonsense, and its good that they don't force you to. Only use the touch screen for grenades (aim and press the button). The QTEs are too jarring - my hands are comfortable and I need to release my right hand to swipe and its just uncomfortable. I'd also prefer if the takedown/melee icon could be done with a button too.

How many of you played through it multiple times to get the collectables? Seems like there are millions of them. When I started playing I thought I'd go back and look for them, but now I'm not sure I'll bother. Is it fairly doable or is it a chore?

Use Black Market ! It got my a few treasures I missed out. Once you activate it, the trading is semi-automatic.

spannicus

After the massive amounts of requests for Okami HD for the Vita, its still a no go huh. Also i would love the Unfinished Swan on Vita.

StuBurns

Banned
After the massive amounts of requests for Okami HD for the Vita, its still a no go huh. Also i would love the Unfinished Swan on Vita.
Okami probably couldn't get a retail release on Vita, and if the publishers are seeing weak PSN exclusive attachrates, it's probably not viable.

Rage quitting in UMvC3 is definitely a problem on the vita. I've gone through six matches at a time (one stretch) that all had that result.

In order for a match to count on the vita, the game has to specifically say which player won. EX : "player 1 wins"

At this point, you can see a match being added to your win streak. I'm ranked number #8 on the total wins leader board so you can imagine how many times I've went through this.

After 2500+ ranked matches, you tend to know what to look for as far as rage quitters are concerned. Generally, these players are terrible. If you are semi-decent at the game, you will win 90% + against these type of players.

The only time I get bothered by the quitting is when the guy seemingly has a legit record with losses, you lose to him, then find him again and win only to have him quit.

I think the bigger problem is the auto-block + phoenix teams. That's a little broken IMO

Pranay

NPD -

01. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
02. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
03. Unit 13
04. MLB: The Show 12
05. Modnation Racers: Road Trip
06. FIFA Soccer
07. WipEout 2048
08. Mortal Kombat
09. Rayman Origins
10. Hot Shots Golf
11. Resistance: Burning Skies
12. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
13. Gravity Rush
14. Little Deviants
15. Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
16. Metal Gear Solid HD
17. Lumines: Electronic Symphony
18. Dynasty Warriors Next
19. Ridge Racer
20. Touch My Katamari

Sol1dus

Yep and Knights in the Nightmare is a very unique game and it is $7.50 as well. Story is a bit dense and slow paced but it is all skippable if you rather skip through it.

I actually got both Crimsom and Knights but havent started them. I'm hoping to beat a JRPG on my vita before starting another one. :p

VanWinkle

NPD -

03. Unit 13
06. FIFA Soccer
07. WipEout 2048
08. Mortal Kombat
09. Rayman Origins
10. Hot Shots Golf
13. Gravity Rush
14. Little Deviants
16. Metal Gear Solid HD
19. Ridge Racer
20. Touch My Katamari

And I assume those are LTD sales? Ouch. Pretty rough.

Sol1dus

Modnation outsold Wipeout? There's no justice in this world.

IMHO I had more fun with Modnation Vita than Wipeout. I accept that Modnation gets really laggy after you get to the last circuit, but it was a really fun game. No online wasn't too much of a bother. Wipeout's online is kind of annoying since the difficulty in the goals rank up pretty fast. With just a patch Modnation could become a great game instead of a good (or in most people's opinion "meh" game).

NPD -

03. Unit 13
06. FIFA Soccer
07. WipEout 2048
08. Mortal Kombat
09. Rayman Origins
10. Hot Shots Golf
13. Gravity Rush
14. Little Deviants
16. Metal Gear Solid HD
19. Ridge Racer
20. Touch My Katamari

Man, Gravity Rush should have done better :( its such a unique title, in that the art style and gameplay mechanics exude charm and whimsy and creativity. I always pegged the game as a system seller/unique proposition for the system, pre-release. It really speaks volumes about how the title was mismanaged by SCE, in the sense of releasing too late after launch. The game would have pulled significantly better numbers, if it were available at launch in all territories. Definitely deserved better.

I really want to play Zone of the Enders for the first time. So excited.

Welcome! I'll add you now.
Edit: My psn name is the same as my Gaf name for those who want to add me.

Thats how Hot Shots is for me. I can't put that game down.

I'll add you too! And thanks for the welcome :)

Man, Gravity Rush should have done better :( its such a unique title, in that the art style and gameplay mechanics exude charm and whimsy and creativity. I always pegged the game as a system seller/unique proposition for the system, pre-release. It really speaks volumes about how the title was mismanaged by SCE, in the sense of releasing too late after launch. The game would have pulled significantly better numbers, if it were available at launch in all territories. Definitely deserved better.

Actually it's not suprising - most games like this end with bad sales numbers.

Well I just wanted to say thanks to those who recommended god eater burst.
Yeah it's a PSP game, but I missed out on it so all is ok there.

At first the game was kind of overwhelming with all of the bullets, moves, database articles, terminals,etc, but playing the tutorials helped out a bunch. Now I have actually had some longer battles and the game is a ton of fun.

Sol1dus

NPD only tracks retail.

I understand Sony's reasoning behind not showing digital sales but i feel like numbers from the PSN store are much bigger and would provide publishers as well as devs with a positive outlook on the platform. I've found titles like Mutant Blobs and Unit 13 in pretty much every vita I've seen, with Unit 13 being a digital download instead of a retail copy.

Takao

Banned

No, it says nothing about it coming too late after launch. Those numbers are only June's NPD, meaning Gravity Rush was on sale for like 18 days. Games that come early in the life of a platform tend to have long tails so assuming Vita can start picking up those numbers will increase. SCEA (unsurprisingly) did just stealth release the game though. lol what are commercials

wighti

Has Sony ever mentioned what the digital sales are like compared to retail sales?

The feeling I'm getting from here and elsewhere is that the retail sales are just a fraction of the total.

The demo for gravity rush didn't really make me want to buy the game and take the risk. The flight/float mechanism seemed very interesting, but the battles in the demo felt a little button-mashy. It seemed like a game I'd want to check out, but not at $40.

Cyborg

Guys, just biught Uncharted for Vita but without The Manual. Is this right? Is there no hardcopy manuel of the game? Im in Europe btw

patsu

Has Sony ever mentioned what the digital sales are like compared to retail sales?

The feeling I'm getting from here and elsewhere is that the retail sales are just a fraction of the total.

One of the execs said DD sales for Vita is a few times higher than expected. We don't have any hard numbers for DD.

Modnation is up there because it was bundled in Latin America and other regions

Does NPD track NA only ? Or does it include Latin America data as well ?

No Vita games have physical manuals. They're all digital. Press the book icon on the live area to find it.

not strictly true. My MGS collection has a manual. I think its the only one that does though.

The manuals are all available digitally anyway. On the start screen (home screen, what ever its called) the option for it is at the top.

Famassu

Maybe not. I'm not interested in time killer games. MK bonus tower is my go-to "time killer"
No, Mutant Blob Attacks is a legitimately good platformer. It's a cheap PSN game so it lacks the volume of retail platformers, but it's still a game very much worth investing time & money in.

Takao

Banned
I understand Sony's reasoning behind not showing digital sales but i feel like numbers from the PSN store are much bigger and would provide publishers as well as devs with a positive outlook on the platform. I've found titles like Mutant Blobs and Unit 13 in pretty much every vita I've seen, with Unit 13 being a digital download instead of a retail copy.

SCE's publishing partners do know PSN figures. SCE does talk to third parties.

I was basically forced to get a 4gb memory card when I bought my vita (had nothing else). The idea of DD never really appealed to me for a lack of space and the inability to share games with friends.

Rage quitting in UMvC3 is definitely a problem on the vita. I've gone through six matches at a time (one stretch) that all had that result.

In order for a match to count on the vita, the game has to specifically say which player won. EX : "player 1 wins"

At this point, you can see a match being added to your win streak. I'm ranked number #8 on the total wins leader board so you can imagine how many times I've went through this.

After 2500+ ranked matches, you tend to know what to look for as far as rage quitters are concerned. Generally, these players are terrible. If you are semi-decent at the game, you will win 90% + against these type of players.

The only time I get bothered by the quitting is when the guy seemingly has a legit record with losses, you lose to him, then find him again and win only to have him quit.

I think the bigger problem is the auto-block + phoenix teams. That's a little broken IMO

This is what made me stop playing marvel online. Rage quitting after every match killed it for me. Their fraud records were warning signs. I used to love messaging people after a drop letting them know of their bitchassness. One guy told me he couldn't block dive kicks so he drops. Before people tell me to play player match/lobbies. I had people rage quit there too. Smh.

Takao

Banned
Powapro Baseball 2012 Gameplay

The game really looks great. Konami should trying buying the MLB license and releasing these games in the west. 2K's exclusivity deal has pretty much ended.

I was basically forced to get a 4gb memory card when I bought my vita (had nothing else). The idea of DD never really appealed to me for a lack of space and the inability to share games with friends.

Well, on the other side according to the NPD I have only bought 1 Vita game. I have a lot more than that, lol.

StuBurns

Banned
It's Capcom - people give it a rest they are too deep in the nintendo pocket to release anything serious on Vita
Hardly, they've given them their most recent fighter, and they're giving them their next one too. MonHun being locked down doesn't mean anything for support from Capcom for their other releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom