• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

You have a variety of situations and 8 or so different type of characters to choose to tackle them in. You can go in stealthy or guns blazing or anywhere in between.

It's very much a game-game, with leaderboards and getting 5 out of 5 stars in a level being a big part of it, not a movie-game like most third person shooters these days.

Agreed.
If anyone can grab it especially at a 20 price, id highly recommend it.

legbone

quick question. i thought canabalt was playable on the vita? i have it in a bubble on my xmb but when i hook the vita to my ps3, i can't transfer it. what gives?

MooMoo

If I buy the Plants vs Zombie table will that be enough to unlock the full version of the Zen Pinball 2 client?
Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, that's not really how it works. ZP2 client is free itself but for you to make any use of it, you have to buy the boards (or I guess in theory you could just stick to the timed demos). Individual boards cost $2.29-$2.99 while the 4-packs are $9.99.

hey guys - i'm thinking about getting a vita soonish

i never experienced any PSP and seeing how the vita is on a bit of a draught

what PSP games are there worth playing that I can get/play on the vita?

cheers in advance.

JRPGS/SRPGS:

Crimson Gem Saga
Trails in the Sky
tactics ogre
final fantasy 4
Persona 3 Portable
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Cladun X2
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Half Minute Hero
Gods Eater Burst
Y's (all three of them)

Strategy

Pixeljunk Monsters
No Heroes Allowed
Field Commander
Legends of War: Patton's Campaign
Savage Moon

Action/Adventure

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
God of War (both of them)
Grand Theft Auto (all three of them)
Ultimate Ghosts and Goblin

Platformers

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Littlebigplanet

Shooters

Everyday Shooters
Gravity Crash Portable

Fighters

Power Stone Collection
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, that's not really how it works. ZP2 client is free itself but for you to make any use of it, you have to buy the boards (or I guess in theory you could just stick to the timed demos). Individual boards cost $2.29-$2.99 while the 4-packs are $9.99.

That's what I thought, but I already have the classic tables but when I click on the trophies or challenge icon the client tells me that I need to "Buy Pack" to unlock the "Full Game", I think some of the clients features are locked until you purchase a pack.

legbone

cool, it worked directly.

i'm curious about nfs most wanted for vita. i have looked back a few pages and don't see any links to info. is there a video somewhere?

edit: canabalt is pretty fucking cool. it was the first time i have ever played it. nice simple fun. really makes me look forward to harold.

Is there a faster way to send people challenges on Treasure Park? Or do I have to keep entering the create a puzzle menu to send it to each person? Wish I could just select 10 people and be done with it.

When is guacamelee coming out? I felt like theres a lot of games I want, but no release dates, althoug Im sure its this year

Guacamelee
Retro city rampage
Jet set radio
Snapshot
Ac liberation
Lbp vita
Sly 4
Hatsune miku

And many more, felt like Im gonna be so broke by the end of year

TheBear

Has JSR got a date? I noticed on the PSN ticker it mentioned that it was going to come out early on PS+ but no mention of a date

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone know if patches from imported retail games show up in live area pre and/or post the last firmware?
I noticed my copy of Dokuro gives me an error code when I hit the little refresh button. But the newsfeed comments work.

Sintoid

When is guacamelee coming out? I felt like theres a lot of games I want, but no release dates, althoug Im sure its this year

Guacamelee
Retro city rampage
Jet set radio
Snapshot
Ac liberation
Lbp vita
Sly 4
Hatsune miku

And many more, felt like Im gonna be so broke by the end of year

Well LBP and AC have release date... I also would like to know dates or at least more info about

Sine Mora
Stranger's Wrath
When Viking Attaks
Jazz

There's a lot of games that are someway in the works but without progress report... Small Studios?

By the way, Guacamelee Pax panel (with cross control) on PSBlog is reallly cool!

Nah, the Vita version is launching a month after. PS+ early release on September 11 seems to be for the PS3 version only. No word on any cross play features, though it does have touch and camera Vita features.

I'd rather had the usual 20% off ps+ than 1 week early. :/

Well LBP and AC have release date... I also would like to know dates or at least more info about

Sine Mora
Stranger's Wrath
When Viking Attaks
Jazz

There's a lot of games that are someway in the works but without progress report... Small Studios?

By the way, Guacamelee Pax panel (with cross control) on PSBlog is reallly cool!

You guys keep forgetting about kick beat.

Am i missing something or does the AU PSN not list all the Zen Pinball 2 tables?
Or let you buy individually (only 4 packs).
I want to buy Excalibur (and never turn on the 3DS version again) and demo Mars, Paranormal, Street Fighter & Ninja Gaiden but they're nowhere to be seen!

They didn't think too hard about the vertical controls either did they!
Why not make the sticks pull down (left or right) when you're in that mode, instead of having to pull sideways?
And let me customize my flipper buttons! X and triangle would work nicely, or even L and a face button could be more comfortable than what they've got.

Parappa was very popular in Japan. The first one sold over a million copies in that region alone. He was so successful Sony would use him as a mascot alongside Crash, Toro, and a Chocobo. The anime lasted for 30 episodes apparently.

Fuckin Sony again to kill off their franchises.

The Iron Man table is kind of an asshole. I was really hoping to like it. I keep hearing the SFII is hard as balls, but find it far easier to get anywhere on that table than Iron Man.

I'm really loving Thor though, what a fun table.

If you touch the checkmark it usually skips something, like an animation or event on the table. You can also just press X.

You can hit X at any time to skip a cutscene/animation. The checkmark is usually for accepting missions/challenges or other timing-based misc functions of the tables, pressing X does this too.

demigod

$12 off all preorders is back at Newegg fellas, code EMCNANC23. I just preordered Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition.

Toki767

Picked up the Mercenary Edition of Ragnarok Odyssey since after $12 off it ends up being $40.74 for me. Practically the same price as the regular edition since I get charged tax for living in California. The code seems to be for orders of $49.99 or more though. Didn't seem to work for LBP or regular Ragnarok Odyssey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom