• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back to Gravity Rush to do all the DLC and gold the DLC challenges. God damn I love that game. All done now though. Roll on a sequel I hope. It just has such style and charm.
I loved the military missions where they did things like have a bit where you cant use gravity skills and had to fight a bunch of Navi. I hope they give reasons for that to happen in a sequal. Maybe some kind of Navi that emits a power that makes your gravity skills not work within the field forcing ground combat. Really made the combat more varied.

That's what I thought, but I already have the classic tables but when I click on the trophies or challenge icon the client tells me that I need to "Buy Pack" to unlock the "Full Game", I think some of the clients features are locked until you purchase a pack.

Just buying PVZ doesnt unlock that bit no. As thats all I have bought and I dont get trophies or anything still. I think its one of the 4 packs to unlock those features but im not 100% sure as it doesn't make it to clear. Bit annoying really as so far PVZ is the only table I really like (and i think its brilliant)

thuway

Fuckin Sony again to kill off their franchises.

It's honestly a flaw that fell squarely from the shoulders of the older management team. Kutaragi, Phil Harrison, and the old order were heavily against the "kiddish" image of Nintendo. Everything had to be "edgy" and aimed at adults. Sony didn't do enough to build their own franchises. Even now with Little Big Karting and PS:ABR, they are once again courting the hardcore.

Hirai needs to mop the floor with all the redundancy. The territories need to begin behaving like family. Most importantly, a top level priority should be given to innovation in gameplay and broadening your audience.

shaqnosis

Neo Member
Just downloading Sound Shapes now. Was waiting to get the discounted ps plus subscription, so I could get $5 off the price of Sound shapes.
Although inevitably those "savings" will go towards another Vita game to add to my rapidly increasing backlog.

Carl

Although inevitably those "savings" will go towards another Vita game to add to my rapidly increasing backlog.

That's where they get you ;) And the fact that a lot of people wouldn't even buy the games without the discount. Clever system, really.

My backlog of Vita games is too big, too x(

LOL.
Well clearly the ad agency knows what's up yo!
Pieter Jackson this shit up!

I understand you now ;) Even The Amazing Spider-Man was filmed on RED cameras, so they clearly don't give a shit http://www.red.com/shot-on-red

Tailer

Wow just noticed that the 3DS XL is more or as expensive as a Vita in Swedish stores...
!!!!

Edit: Sony really need to market the crap out of the Vita with all the well known(and best looking) games on the Vita.

It's honestly a flaw that fell squarely from the shoulders of the older management team. Kutaragi, Phil Harrison, and the old order were heavily against the "kiddish" image of Nintendo. Everything had to be "edgy" and aimed at adults. Sony didn't do enough to build their own franchises. Even now with Little Big Karting and PS:ABR, they are once again courting the hardcore.

Hirai needs to mop the floor with all the redundancy. The territories need to begin behaving like family. Most importantly, a top level priority should be given to innovation in gameplay and broadening your audience.

It wouldn't hurt to build up Parappa, Ape Escape and MediEvil -_-

Sh0k

What is the best recommendation for a $2.49 table in Zen 2, so far I have PvZ and Captain America. i only have around $2.70 left in my wallet.

Thanks!

Takao

Banned
I'll just laugh and pretend i understand what that means :p

RED is a company that produces prosumer video gear. In the behind the scenes video of the commercial you can spot the director using one of their cameras. Sony produces quite well regarded video gear in similar competing segments to RED.

thuway

It wouldn't hurt to build up Parappa, Ape Escape and MediEvil -_-

Those franchises are all but dead now. Relics of an older time. Investing millions into any of these games would be financially disastrous. Hence, building up on newer IPs - Little Big Planet, Puppeteer, etc. - is a solid start.

Takao

Banned
Those franchises are all but dead now. Relics of an older time. Investing millions into any of these games would be financially disastrous. Hence, building up on newer IPs - Little Big Planet, Puppeteer, etc. - is a solid start.

Ape Escape is about as dead as God of War is. : /

As for Parappa, some of the producers behind it said that a revival could happen. I always felt the reason we never got a third was due to the team not feeling they could deliver a memorable soundtrack, which hurt the second game.

Zen Pinball is the perfect PS Vita game, as far as I’m concerned. And the tables look amazing on *that* screen.

For me, the ones I play the most are:

PvZ – nice, accessible table which acts as a perfect intro to Zen Pinball. Easier than most of the other tables (which makes sense), but massively fun and rewarding with it. Great interactivity, table gimmicks and missions.

Fear Itself (from The Avengers Chronicles pack) – personally, one of the most well rounded of all the (generally good) Marvel tables. Superb missions, excellent/interesting table layout and easily among the best production values of all of Zen Pinball’s tables (the voice acting and music mixing in particular are blinding). I thought Fear Itself as a story was pretty bland, but this table is wonderful.

Blade – Nice use of the day/night table changes and some fun little missions that use the dot matrix (such as matching the Wanted poster face of a vampire). Decent table layout and fairly accessible for newcomers.

Been also having a good time with the Ghost Rider, X-Men and The Avengers tables, although the latter took some time to get into. The table layout is seemingly simple at first, but the actual depth of it is staggering due to the multiple ball characteristics. It’s pretty punishing until you get your head around it, then it becomes one of the most strategic and rewarding of the Marvel tables.

Carl

RED is a company that produces prosumer video gear. In the behind the scenes video of the commercial you can spot the director using one of their cameras. Sony produces quite well regarded video gear in similar competing segments to RED.

Sony manufactures professional video equipment and they're using a rival brand.

Yeah i see. To be fair it is an ad agency doing it though, so... :p

Ape Escape is about as dead as God of War is. : /

As for Parappa, some of the producers behind it said that a revival could happen. I always felt the reason we never got a third was due to the team not feeling they could deliver a memorable soundtrack, which hurt the second game.

I heard they got the voiceactor of Parappa in PSASBR, cmon I dont think a new Parappa game would have a big budget. :)

kerrak

What is the best recommendation for a $2.49 table in Zen 2, so far I have PvZ and Captain America. i only have around $2.70 left in my wallet.

Thanks!

It all comes to personal preference, because each table has some degree of uniqueness. Why don't you use the "try for free" option?
disclaimer: i'm not responsible if you like all of them and decide to spend more or even much more than 2.49

Tizoc

Treasures of Montezuma Blitz is friggin' addicting lol.
I once started it up and had like 30 hearts, once I got used to the concept of the game I started playing...non stop.
What're the best Power-ups combination? I can only use 2 items atm tho.

BTW My Vita account is Todoh789, but since it's my bro's Vita he'll be taking it with him to UK, which isn't a biggy...I just gotta let him know what is in his Vita ATM =V

Hanmik

just a little question.. when I buy a Vita game from the store, then (if the game has online) I also have to download a "Network pass" .. if I buy a used game (cartridge) with such a network pass, would I have to buy it on the store to be able to play online..?

Carl

just a little question.. when I buy a Vita game from the store, then (if the game has online) I also have to download a "Network pass" .. if I buy a used game (cartridge) with such a network pass, would I have to buy it on the store to be able to play online..?

Yeah if you buy a used game and the network pass has been used, you have to buy one off PSN.

Kazzy

Been digging into Project Diva f, it's good! I'm still getting a little wrecked whenever the swipe notes appear, though.

Annoyingly, I seem to get an average 87 rating almost every time.

I just want to know how people are getting over 1 billion in the weekly leaderboards.

I average between 1-10 million per turn and my record is 22 mil.

Lightning Gem, TNT Gem and More Gems... Gem. I don't bother with Totems just because you have to line up the same colour twice in a row and it can be distracting.

Carl

then I have a little advice.. do not buy LBP Vita used.. strangely enough that game aslo has a network pass.

All first party games use a Network Pass now. It should only restrict your ability to play online (i think) and not your ability to play UGC levels...right?

kerrak

How? my highest is 235,000.

First of all level up so you can use high grade boosts. As you level up you get more jewels. Grind jewels so you can play a few games with a lot of powerful boosts. I always use orange boost that extends time (you have to match 3 orange tiles twice in a row). The rest is up to you, but i would definitely pick up dynamite. You can scramble the board; use the option if there is scarcity of matches.
Anyway, once I managed to make 8 millions without any boost. When you match 4 tiles, a random special tile appears. The ones with the clock give you more time. Make sure you match those.

I don't bother with Totems just because you have to line up the same colour twice in a row and it can be distracting.
Orange Totem + Red Totem is the answer to your question.

kerrak

I'll give it a whirl. I assume your moves come down to always trying to go two colours in a row and preserving Red and Orange moves until you have no choice?

My strategy is:

if there is a possible orange 3-tile-match AND something like 4-5 other orange jewels, match the first one and if necessary reshuffle the board in order to obtain a new orange 3-match.

If there is only one possible orange match but few orange tiles, avoid using it.

If there are almost no orange tiles, play normally. This is where red totem comes handy, because due to explosions, a lot of times it acts as a reshuffle with new pieces (hopefully orange).

If there are a lot of matches in the board with no orange or red in sight, play normally, trying to extend your frenzy times.

This strategy allows me to go to the 20 million points zone once in a while, but not frequently.

Edit: forgot to mention i'm using fully upgraded boosts. But probably it works the same with lower level boosts.

Resistance Burning Skies is not THAT bad, average game yeah, but fun and with good gameplay (except the secondary fire touch gimmicks), kinda meh in the tech side, but i´ve played far worse games...easy platinum too.

Kazzy

Resistance Burning Skies is not THAT bad, average game yeah, but fun and with good gameplay (except the secondary fire touch gimmicks), kinda meh in the tech side, but i´ve played far worse games...easy platinum too.

What's the general price for it now? (UK)

Resistance has always been something of a B-Tier franchise in my eyes, so I was never expecting big things from this. It generally gets positive buzz on here though, but I would never buy it anywhere close to the full retail price.

Shikoro

Am I the only one "cheating" in TOM Blitz and constantly hitting the ? button to show me where I can line up the next tiles? XD

magawolaz

This is getting ridiculous. They managed to make minis bubbles look even worse than before.

Old_____________New
sVE69.jpg
0HX1D.jpg

I mean, come on.
Just extend the blue/purple edge of minis icons, ffs. That gray background is fugly.

Or let us set custom icons for these games. Or let us change bubbles' default background color

I can't be the only one who hates the look of these bubbles ._.

This is getting ridiculous. They managed to make minis bubbles look even worse than before.

Old_____________New
sVE69.jpg
0HX1D.jpg

I mean, come on.
Just extend the blue/purple edge of minis icons, ffs. That gray background is fugly.

Or let us set custom icons for these games. Or let us change bubbles' default background color

I can't be the only one who hates the look of these bubbles ._.

Damn that ugly.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm with you. I think that PSP and Minis bubbles should just have the icon blown up to fill the entire bubble; I'd rather have an image that's too zoomed in than a rectangle or square awkwardly surrounded by circular edges. I find the decreased transparency more unattractive though.

Jawmuncher

I'm with you. I think that PSP and Minis bubbles should just have the icon blown up to fill the entire bubble; I'd rather have an image that's too zoomed in than a rectangle or square awkwardly surrounded by circular edges. I find the decreased transparency more unattractive though.

I agree.
I have corpse party and hate the way it looks in the bubble.

What's the general price for it now? (UK)

Resistance has always been something of a B-Tier franchise in my eyes, so I was never expecting big things from this. It generally gets positive buzz on here though, but I would never buy it anywhere close to the full retail price.

Around £30, really expensive if you ask me, the game is not bad, but i would not pay more than £20

Picked up Ys Seven, so far so good except the manual saving. Just got to the second boss, died, no time to repeat boss battle and had not saved for about 20 minutes. Bleh.

Hanmik

Oh my god does the minis Bubbles really look that bad..? Sony you just lost a customer..

or ... just kidding.. I don´t care about how the bubbles look, I just press them to launch a game, I´m not sitting there looking at them for more than a few seconds.. but again each person their own preferences..!

magawolaz

Oh my god does the minis Bubbles really look that bad..? Sony you just lost a customer..

or ... just kidding.. I don´t care about how the bubbles look, I just press them to launch a game, I´m not sitting there looking at them for more than a few seconds.. but again each person their own preferences..!
haha, sure, is not THAT bad. It's just that they look really out of place (at least compared to Vita apps/games), I guess it's just me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom