• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuchaShaq

Banned
He could have called it "Quick Look on GiantBomb" and you'd still be a fool to believe Giant Bomb is covering an unreleased Japanese Vita game.

Crazier things have happened.

That said the lack of tv out and due to that a lack of quality video of gameplay is a big reason why I haven't bought any games I wasn't 100% sure on.

Over the shoulder videos ALWAYS make vita games look bad. I wish Sony would wake up and realize that.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
sucks, but what can you do? but from a QA/programmer perspective....how would the game check your existing saves to see which achievements you have accomplished?

besides, i find that this way it separates the hardcore MGS fans from the casual players just out to get a free trophy
I plat'd MGS3HD on the PS3, and i intended to replay it on the vita to plat'd it again

i love the game THAT much

I'd consider myself in the same boat as you, but what I don't like is that I missed one camo in MGS3. I planned on starting up the story again today on my Vita to get that last camo and plat the game. I also enjoy the 9th or 10th playthrough of MGS games since I have everything unlocked and can mess with enemy AI while enjoying the story. I hate that I have to start over with this game and also that I'm going to lose all the dogtags I'd earned in MGS2. I'll do it, but I'm not crazy about deleting a gamesave.

Takao

Banned
I'm pretty sure Giant Bomb doesn't do Vita QLs because of the lack of TV out so you're never going to see a Ragnarok Quick Look from them. Unless ...

423467_431948620176654_1064916079_n.jpg

It's a devkit.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm pretty sure Giant Bomb doesn't do Vita QLs because of the lack of TV out so you're never going to see a Ragnarok Quick Look from them. Unless ...

It's a devkit.

Hey man why would vita owners like me ever want to see how a new game looks without an over the shoulder shaky cam and horrible glare?

oldmario

It's a devkit.

doesnt look like one to me, looks like a normal vita on the bottom, dev kits are black all over

Skyzard

Banned
Hey peeps,

Does Gmail load for you guys on Vita browser? For me it stops before the blue bar fills up.

Oddly I can still get my gmail thru igoogle gmail app just fine, but that'll be gone on Nov. 1. :-(

Why's it going? Is it a vita app? Not here in EU. Btw it also jams for me, but on the bottom right there is a "Load with HTML" which loads up fully.

Great, you just jinxed the Vita version of that game from ever coming out. ;)

Been watching the video the whole time...I never got into or played the first one much at all but this looks really cool. (Even though I'd play pretty much anything as long as it was on the vita these days).

Is there any chance or possibility this might happen? I seem to remember some posts ages ago about it but I might be confusing it with RO or just wishes about a PSO2 vita version..

Soo....I just checked.....apparently it is fucking happening!!

What do you guys think chances are for a EU/NA release? It's not a pay monthly either right? Wow.....

So I checked again... it's getting a western release on PC! Vita versions haven't been mentioned but gotta be right. Early next year on PC for western countries. For Vita just says 2013.

Also..

PC/Vita Compatibility - The current plan is to allow PC and Vita players to play together. However, there is a chance that the PC and Vita players maybe separated depending on early testing results.

Been watching the video the whole time...I never got into or played the first one much at all but this looks really cool. (Even though I'd play pretty much anything as long as it was on the vita these days).

Is there any chance or possibility this might happen? I seem to remember some posts ages ago about it but I might be confusing it with RO or just wishes about a PSO2 vita version..

Soo....I just checked.....apparently it is fucking happening!!

What do you guys think chances are for a EU/NA release? It's not a pay monthly either right? Wow.....

So I checked again... it's getting a western release on PC! Vita versions haven't been mentioned but gotta be right. Early next year on PC for western countries. For Vita just says 2013.

Also..
should allow cross play with vita. unless they want to kill the community in 2 days.

branny

Okay, I just spent two hours trying to make a decent puzzle. If I still don't understand Treasure Park after this, there is at least some logic in my head of how the game should be.

The lone bomb is highlighted with a color hint, right? I've only played one puzzle this entire time and forgot.

If everything works like I think it does, then it's actually really hard to get a good color board to work with.

Skyzard

Banned
@branny don't make it impossible man :p

Heh, they're talking about the mystery output port next to the cart slot ;)

Ahha right thanks, totally forgot about that slot! Quite excited about that too

Also...the dev kit vita..looks like a normal vita! Shit...hope I don't need to upgrade :p They wouldn't destroy their PS3 sales like that though would they?

should allow cross play with vita. unless they want to kill the community in 2 days.

I hope so..!

Carl

Okay, I just spent two hours trying to make a decent puzzle. If I still don't understand Treasure Park after this, there is at least some logic in my head of how the game should be.

The lone bomb is highlighted with a color hint, right? I've only played one puzzle this entire time and forgot.

If everything works like I think it does, then it's actually really hard to get a good color board to work with.

All three bombs and the coins opposite the diamond are highlighted.

branny

all the bombs are highlighted with colour hints, as well as the coin opposite the gem
All three bombs and the coins opposite the diamond are highlighted.
FML.

Because I couldn't remember, I went into it assuming every piece is shown rotated exactly as it is in the puzzle, with one part of each piece highlighted at random. If it's just the bombs and the coin opposite the gem highlighted, that makes me feel like I wasted my time trying to cover all the potential shape, position, and color possibilities.

Carl

FML.

Because I couldn't remember, I went into it assuming every piece is shown rotated exactly as it is in the puzzle, with one part of each piece highlighted at random. If it's just the bombs and the coin opposite the gem highlighted, that makes me feel like I wasted my time trying to cover all the potential shape, position, and color possibilities.

Haha, ohh dear. With just the threee bombs and that coin highlighted, it makes it easier to try and fool people into hitting a bomb. Think about what you'd do.

AppleBlade

So I think I'm done with Gravity Rush . . . finished the last of the DLC missions. Now I'm about to get into MGS 3 (never played it despite MGS being one of my all time fabs). Hoping to finish it before the holiday trifecta for me of LittleBigPlanet, Assassin's Creed, and Persona 4.

You know what the Vita needs? 4 more years like this one. I really think a lot of people under-rate the Vita's first year library. With Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Mutant Blobs, Sound Shapes, Wipeout, Unit 13, Mortal Kombat, Lumines, Rayman, Super Stardust and upcoming games like the ones I mentioned above (in addition to Ragnarok Odyssey, Playstation All Stars, Jet Set Radio HD, Oddworld remakes, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Retro City Rampage, New King's Story, Zero Escape, etc.) the Vita has lived up to what I wanted from the portable. I would love even more exclusives and big titles but if all we got was another couple of years of what we got this year, I'd be happy.

Skyzard

Banned
I wouldn't buy half those games on PS3. I'd buy nearly all on Vita though. Only people with Vitas understand this feeling...I think that has a bit to do with it too. - The console makes you want to play the games.

Most of the ones mentioned are great games though, totally spot on. I'd be happy with 2-3 more years tbh. I'm sure it will be more.

edit: imagine 3 1-2 more years with no changes to memory card system/lineup/prices ! nightmare..

FML.

ibimXiCqm7T0zQ.JPG

This is what you see.
if you didn't know

Carl

Having the PS Store so convenient to get to, and all retail games on it, makes it a hell of a lot easier to spend money. Sony is onto a winner with that idea. I get bored and find myself looking at things and thinking "I could buy this!" NO. NO CARL. YOU CAN'T. BAD CARL!

That "What game are you looking forward to most" doesn't have enough Vita game mentions. What Vita game are you all looking forward to most?

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Retro City Rampage, and Playstation Allstars for me :)

VanWinkle

Having the PS Store so convenient to get to, and all retail games on it, makes it a hell of a lot easier to spend money. Sony is onto a winner with that idea. I get bored and find myself looking at things and thinking "I could buy this!" NO. NO CARL. YOU CAN'T. BAD CARL!

That "What game are you looking forward to most" doesn't have enough Vita game mentions. What Vita game are you all looking forward to most?

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Retro City Rampage, and Playstation Allstars for me :)

I would buy more on the PS Store if older stuff went on sale more often (namely PSP games, PS1 Classics, and minis).

Most anticipated games? Let's see...

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
Sly 4
LBP Vita
PSASBR
Retro City Rampage
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Sonic and All-Stars Transformed
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath

All of those will be day 1 purchases if all goes according to plan.

Skyzard

Banned
I really hope the missions are funner in Asscreed this time round. Could really turn the series around completely for me. Seem to remember some talk that there was..but not sure if just hopeful posts..

At the moment I consider it as a brilliant vita sandbox game! That's most of what I'd use it for - running around jumping and messing with people - based on my experience of what usually happens when I play AC games.. not that it's a bad thing but full-price will sting these days..

Also JSR, RCR and NFSMW + S&S Transformed if they are any good (for those that didn't check the thread).

I'm the same way with the store Carl...luckily lack of memory space and funds helps to keep the balance...purchasing mainly...almost essential-only games..so many though..

Derrick01

Banned

I'm going to cheat and include old games since I haven't played any yet, but here's my list that I have right now.

Dynasty Warriors Next
Rayman Origins
Uncharted
Virtua Tennis
Hot Shots
Assassin's Creed
Little King's Story
Persona 4 Golden
Need For Speed
Unit 13

I'm leaving the door open for the Sony Smash Bros clone since it's basically 2 games for 1 price, though I don't know how it will work on the retail side yet. My plan is to hopefully get the PS3 version for around $30-$40 on Black Friday and I'm assuming I'll also get the Vita version with that for no extra.

I also haven't thought about any Vita PSN stuff because I don't know what's there. I'll wait until I have the system to browse that selection.

Takao

Banned
Clearly the mystery port is for the Sorny 3DS game attachment. Now you can play such hits like Shinobi 3D, and Monster Hunter 6th G on your PSP2Vita!

zroid

Banned
I would probably buy more stuff off PSN if I weren't trained to wait for sales on everything.

In total, I've bought about 50 items from the PS Store. I'd estimate fewer than 10 of them were at full price. FFVII, Stardust Delta, WipEout HD, Stardust HD, Fat Princess, Pac-Man CE DX, and Puzzle Fighter HD Remix. That's about it, I think, maybe a couple more I'm forgetting.

And it's also worth noting that 5 of those 7 were within the first year of my PS3 ownership, before I'd really had that much to play. I seriously just don't even bother with PSN anymore unless there's a sale. Stardust Delta was a rare exception. :p

I'm going to cheat and include old games since I haven't played any yet, but here's my list that I have right now.

Dynasty Warriors Next
Rayman Origins
Uncharted
Virtua Tennis
Hot Shots
Assassin's Creed
Little King's Story
Persona 4 Golden
Need For Speed
Unit 13

I'm leaving the door open for the Sony Smash Bros clone since it's basically 2 games for 1 price, though I don't know how it will work on the retail side yet. My plan is to hopefully get the PS3 version for around $30-$40 on Black Friday and I'm assuming I'll also get the Vita version with that for no extra.

I also haven't thought about any Vita PSN stuff because I don't know what's there. I'll wait until I have the system to browse that selection.

Gravity Rush is pretty good I/m a few hours in but I would definately recommend it, Lumines is my go to game for a Timewaster or when you don't feel like getting into a story driven game.

As far as what I/m most looking forward too definately LBP and Assassins creed

fernoca

I even have a list of the games I'm looking forward.. :p

Out:
-Lumines
-Unit 13
-Little Deviants
-Mutant Blob Attacks
-Rayman Origins

September
25: Little Big Planet

October
16: Ragnarok Odyssey
16: Silent Hill Book of Memories
23: Street Fighter x Tekken
23: Zero Escape
30: Need for Speed Most Wanted*
30: Assassin's Creed Liberation

November
13: Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified
20: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed*
20: Persona 4: Golden
20: PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale*

December
??: Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault*
??: Sly Cooper Thieves in Time*

Italic = preordered
*: Might get either of both the PS3 and Vita versions.

zroid

Banned
I've never put much thought into my TP puzzles before, just because it felt like it'd take way too much brainpower. But I think I've finally got one that I'm confident in saying might be a wee bit tricky.

We'll see how it goes. I'm equally confident I will be proven oh so very wrong :(

Wonko_C

I even have a list of the games I'm looking forward.. :p

Out:
-Lumines
-Unit 13
-Little Deviants
-Mutant Blob Attacks
-Rayman Origins

September
25: Little Big Planet

October
16: Ragnarok Odyssey
16: Silent Hill Book of Memories
23: Street Fighter x Tekken
23: Zero Escape
30: Need for Speed Most Wanted*
30: Assassin's Creed Liberation

November
13: Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified
20: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed*
20: Persona 4: Golden
20: PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale*

December
??: Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault*
??: Sly Cooper Thieves in Time*

Italic = preordered
*: Might get either of both the PS3 and Vita versions.

Wow, I'm as jaded as it gets. None of those games grab my attention, with the exception of Persona 4: Golden, and that's because I liked P4 Arena a lot. But that applies for every other platform for the rest of the year. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Derrick01

Banned
Gravity Rush is pretty good I/m a few hours in but I would definately recommend it, Lumines is my go to game for a Timewaster or when you don't feel like getting into a story driven game.

I guess I'm open to trying it out. The impressions in various related threads since it came out were a lot less positive then I thought it would be before it came out and to be honest it doesn't look like the type of game I'd normally play. It seems to be boring to play after a while into the game and while the art is nice that only gets me so interested.

zroid

Banned
Wow, I'm as jaded as it gets. None of those games grab my attention, with the exception of Persona 4: Golden, and that's because I liked P4 Arena a lot. But that applies for every other platform for the rest of the year. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

FYI:

Not having your attention "grabbed" by Zero Escape and Paper Mario makes you a bad person

just statin' da facts

you'd be a terrible person if you weren't excited for Persona 4 either, so at least there's that

Grinchy

Banned
I would probably buy more stuff off PSN if I weren't trained to wait for sales on everything.

Yeah, Steam has really fucked up my game buying habits...at least for everything that isn't Steam.

I can remember when I used to think I was getting a good deal if I could get a new game shipped to me on release day for $55. Now, $55 is like months worth of gaming budget.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, Steam has really fucked up my game buying habits...at least for everything that isn't Steam.

I can remember when I used to think I was getting a good deal if I could get a new game shipped to me on release day for $55. Now, $55 is like months worth of gaming budget.

Ugh, Steam takes it to a whole other level for me, even. At least on PSN, when I see a sale for a game I want, I generally just buy it. Even if I'm not planning to play it immediately, I figure the sale price is a compelling enough reason.

On Steam, however, the sales are so frequent, that even if something's heavily discounted, I know it'll happen again any day, so I actually just wait till I'm ready to play it. And with such a huge backlog already... that day rarely comes.

It's a little sad, to be honest.

patsu

What games are you playing now ?

Skyzard

Banned
Ugh, Steam takes it to a whole other level for me, even. At least on PSN, when I see a sale for a game I want, I generally just buy it. Even if I'm not planning to play it immediately, I figure the sale price is a compelling enough reason.

On Steam, however, the sales are so frequent, that even if something's heavily discounted, I know it'll happen again any day, so I actually just wait till I'm ready to play it. And with such a huge backlog already... that day rarely comes.

It's a little sad, to be honest.

I'm pretty much the same. Although I did go a little crazy when I first got the vita.

About PSO2 - how does that compare with monster hunter...? Seems like smaller guys to fight so far in the video but he did mention bosses.. Is it a lot less linear? RO vs MH vs PSO(2) ... I can't really tell the differences..never really played a game like that before tbh.
Btw was that MH PSP classic game being taken off the EU store too?

I posted a few days ago in the thread about a memory card or system problem from a used amazon Vita. Turns out it was the wrong Card so I got a new one. Vita is working perfectly fine now and Enjoying Wipeout 2048 and Gravity Rush Greatly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom