• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Has this been posted here yet?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...:+GamasutraNews+(Gamasutra+News)#.UEyOZJYg-Sp

While I agree we all want more unique Vita-specific content, I also want ports of good games. For example, NFSMW looks amazing and we need a really good car racer. Also, something like a port of Tekken Tag 2 -- please, bring it on. What do you think?

Oh hey, John Koller works for SCEA, remember the studios that branch looks over, and their upcoming Vita output?

Warrior's Lair
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
When Vikings Attack
Guaccamelee

All PS3 games.

Vitacat

Oh hey, John Koller works for SCEA, remember the studios that branch looks over, and their upcoming Vita output?

Warrior's Lair
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
When Vikings Attack
Guaccamelee

All PS3 games.

Ha, pretty ironic. IIRC he was always a dufus.

Takao

Banned
Ha, pretty ironic. IIRC he was always a dufus.

Also:

Follow what Activision is doing with Call of Duty.

No, John. Noooooooo.

Nihilistic's gonna make every western third party Vita game aren't they? Bioshock: Declassified Skies coming Spring 2013.

Seriously though, no one should follow Activision's lead on Vita. Ubisoft? Sure. They've done great ports (Gameloft trash excluded) and some great original games.

Jawmuncher

Also:

No, John. Noooooooo.

Nihilistic's gonna make every western third party Vita game aren't they? Bioshock: Declassified Skies coming Spring 2013.
Seriously though, no one should follow Activision's lead on Vita. Ubisoft? Sure. They've done great ports (Gameloft trash excluded) and some great original games.

Oh please god no.
I really hope someone can come up and do a better job on a FPS.
Unit 13 was great and easily could have been a stellar FPS outing for the system

Sid

Also:

No, John. Noooooooo.

Lol,you mean Bioshock:rapture unleashed

Takao

Banned
I guess I should make this clear, I'm not against ports on Vita. In fact, at this stage the goal from Sony should be to get as much software on the platform as possible. Obviously, I'd prefer exclusive content designed only for the hardware, but with a userbase as tiny as Vita's is that's more than a tad unrealistic. I just find it interesting that a first party with studios around the world has an entire content of developers that aren't developing a single (known) exclusive for their new hardware.

Lol,you mean Bioshock:rapture unleashed

It'll run on the same engine as Resistance: Burning Skies, and Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified hence Declassified Skies.

RoylAsult

anyone here buy madden? i really want to get it but the demo has a few issues that are kind of annoying. The sound gets weird at times, slow down (not during game play) and a few other minor annoyances.

The game play was fun but im just wondering if it is worth it or should i just wait till its cheaper... been in the mood for a madden game. figured this one would get the most use since its easy to pick up and play

...or i could just buy 12 for much cheaper now lol

VanWinkle

I guess I should make this clear, I'm not against ports on Vita. In fact, at this stage the goal from Sony should be to get as much software on the platform as possible. Obviously, I'd prefer exclusive content designed only for the hardware, but with a userbase as tiny as Vita's is that's more than a tad unrealistic. I just find it interesting that a first party with studios around the world has an entire content of developers that aren't developing a single (known) exclusive for their new hardware.

What do you mean? There are several Vita exclusives coming out from first party studios. Not as much as there should be? Sure. But they are coming nevertheless.

SHarris78

After previously buying Zen Pinball 2 and all tables on my Vita, i've spent today downloading them all for my PS3. I downloaded all the tables no problem, all the unlock codes also downloaded fine EXCEPT for one (earth defence) which gives me the error message 'This content cannot be accessed on your account'.

Anybody else have a similar problem, or know how to solve it?

zroid

Banned
TP has been telling me to "please wait" for 15 minutes ~_^

another 15 minutes later edit: holy shit, it's still going. what is happening :|

ANOTHER 15 MINUTES LATER EDIT: STILL WAITING

I only have two Zen players on my friends list, so anyone that would like another competitor for scores please add me: duketogo1300

I should mention though, I have no interest in Treasure Park right now. :p

Caelestis

I only have two Zen players on my friends list, so anyone that would like another competitor for scores please add me: duketogo1300

I'll add you. I got no one to play Zen Pinball with. My ID is ktyshlz. Some competition could be fun. :p

Grinchy

Banned
I am really early into Treasure Park, but I think I like it. I'm still kinda figuring the game out. I had no idea that the pieces could be rotated, even. I wish more people on Near were using it. I have a good amount of people around my house and around my university who show up on Near. They need to start playing this.

filipe

I'll be adding you for sure then, I definitely want some people to play Zenball with. If anyone wants else wants to play, eGuernica is my ID.

zroid

Banned
Ugh, I got fed up and decided to reboot the Vita. Loaded up Treasure Park and am playing the waiting game once again. Sigh...

I'll be adding you for sure then, I definitely want some people to play Zenball with. If anyone wants else wants to play, eGuernica is my ID.

Request sent.

Ah, Sash has SFII, nice.

I got all the tables, i've only played V12 and Excalibur so far though. Adding some of you other Zen players to my friends list now.

You will have to tell me what you think of Iron Man once you spend some time with it, I'm finding it very tough to get a score going on that bastard.

SLV

Right guys, i think you can stop sending me treasure park grids, after a day of work after you have sent me a lot, i just cant download them, to make the next batch work, i have to delete all the messages, otherwise it is stuck on the last loading loop forever, this is the second time now, so dunno, something is fucked up ! So don't send anything to Armijs, quite pointless :/

zroid

Banned
Right guys, i think you can stop sending me treasure park grids, after a day of work after you have sent me a lot, i just cant download them, to make the next batch work, i have to delete all the messages, otherwise it is stuck on the last loading loop forever, this is the second time now, so dunno, something is fucked up ! So don't send anything to Armijs, quite pointless :/

Okay, so I guess I'm having the same problem.

Yikes.

Goddamn get your shit together Sony

Okay, so I guess I'm having the same problem.

Yikes.

Goddamn get your shit together Sony
Please wait, you're too popular.

Grinchy

Banned

I thought you just weren't getting puzzles from people too and sent you a request. That sucks that it's not working. I haven't had a problem outside of just having nobody who wants to play.

side note: I didn't realize that the "free" Zen Pinball 2 was just merely a demo. I actually kinda like it but I don't know if I want to start buying tables.

zroid

Banned
I thought you just weren't getting puzzles from people too and sent you a request. That sucks that it's not working. I haven't had a problem outside of just having nobody who wants to play.

ahahaha oops, I guess I should have been more clear.

Accepted your FR anyway :)

Wonko_C

@TurkishEmperor: Me can't send you a friend request.
Me wanted some project diva f friends T__T

Well, off i go to see if near and treasure park have finally something for me.

As do I!

I'll add you both.

PSN: MyLoveIsAStapler

Hate the 100 friends cap, I'll delete some inactive people tonight, wait. :)

It would be easier to do this in the Project Diva thread, we're waiting. :)

BTW: If you guys are into Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball 2 for some friendly high score competition. (I'm not that good, though. :p)

Twinduct

Gah, so tempted to buy Peace Walker HD (PS3) on US PSN.
Is there any entropy or something alternative I can use to buy stuff from there?
In fact I imagine all I need is some gift cards

Err for clarification, I want to buy MGS HD for Vita, but want the HD port of PW (Framerate and stuff), but it's not been released on the EU PSN.

Edit 2: Nvm, I save like a few cents by going this route, will just pick up the HD collection for PS3.

zroid

Banned
Anyway, I cleared all of my messages, so sorry everyone who sent me a puzzle earlier today. I kept one just to check that it's working now, and it is, so you can send me stuff again if you want.

I've already exhausted my sends for the day, unfortunately :(

SLV

Anyway, I cleared all of my messages, so sorry everyone who sent me a puzzle earlier today. I kept one just to check that it's working now, and it is, so you can send me stuff again if you want.

yeah it sucks, that is why i wont bother anymore, teared my heart out to delete everyone's messages for the second time :(

zroid

Banned
yeah it sucks, that is why i wont bother anymore, teared my heart out to delete everyone's messages for the second time :(

Can't believe a bug like this didn't get sorted out in testing. Really sad. But then again, given the half-baked tutorial and puzzle sending system... it's conceivable. :/

Carl

Sent you one <3

Rasec

As do I!

I'll add you both.

PSN: MyLoveIsAStapler

Hate the 100 friends cap, I'll delete some inactive people tonight, wait. :)

Nice o/

It would be easier to do this in the Project Diva thread, we're waiting. :)

BTW: If you guys are into Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball 2 for some friendly high score competition. (I'm not that good, though. :p)

Done. Thanks for the tip about the thread.
I play some zen pinball but i'm very novice there xD

Well here's my id :Rasec46

zroid

Banned
Yeah that tutorial was insanely bad. It's like they don't want people to play the game or something.

I was contemplating making a how-to thread entitled "Treasure Park: The Missing Tutorial"

...but got lazy, and then these shenanigans happened. Maybe later. Or someone else can do it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom