• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm open to trying it out. The impressions in various related threads since it came out were a lot less positive then I thought it would be before it came out and to be honest it doesn't look like the type of game I'd normally play. It seems to be boring to play after a while into the game and while the art is nice that only gets me so interested.

Hmm haven't been bored yet, so hope that doesn't come, liking it more than uncharted so far anyway.

patsu

Yeah, Steam has really fucked up my game buying habits...at least for everything that isn't Steam.

I can remember when I used to think I was getting a good deal if I could get a new game shipped to me on release day for $55. Now, $55 is like months worth of gaming budget.

That's called "cheapening" gaming; generally frown upon by marketing gurus.

fernoca's list does not have Little King Story. When is it coming ? Same question for Guacamelee.

gravity rush is unique everyone so go give it a try (demo isn't too great)

fernoca's list does not have Little King Story. When is it coming ? Same question for Guacamelee.
For New Little King's Story, it's Summer 2012 for NA and September 27th for EU, I believe. Guacamelee is early 2013.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Having the PS Store so convenient to get to, and all retail games on it, makes it a hell of a lot easier to spend money. Sony is onto a winner with that idea. I get bored and find myself looking at things and thinking "I could buy this!" NO. NO CARL. YOU CAN'T. BAD CARL!

That "What game are you looking forward to most" doesn't have enough Vita game mentions. What Vita game are you all looking forward to most?

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Retro City Rampage, and Playstation Allstars for me :)

Persona 4 golden by a huge margin.

AC3:L

Don't think I care about any other fall releases.

zroid

Banned
jesus christ, I just received like 45 "unread" messages on my PS3 thanks to Treasure Park. Please Sony, better integrate the messaging between systems... uuuuuuugh

I don't suppose there's a way to mark all as read...

I should stop posting so much on this page.

jesus christ, I just received like 45 "unread" messages on my PS3 thanks to Treasure Park. Please Sony, better integrate the messaging between systems... uuuuuuugh

I signed on to watch Netflix today and every single notification popped up. Lame as hell, and there's no way to mark them all. "Real" messages even got lost in the mess for me. ):

MooMoo

Hey at least you're getting so many puzzles a day. I wish I got that many =(

Just updated near and apparently there's 100 people with a Vita around here now. Just a little more and more are added to the number each day and I'm happy! :D

Add me to your friendslist, LagunaX321. It should still be up on Near.
I haven't gotten a single board from Game Goods. I've gotten 3, but they're all from people on the local chart and I have to manually find them.

Feels bad. ):

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Just updated near and apparently there's 100 people with a Vita around here now. Just a little more and more are added to the number each day and I'm happy! :D

I haven't gotten a single board from Game Goods. I've gotten 3, but they're all from people on the local chart and I have to manually find them.

Feels bad. ):
Treasure Park could definitely use a better tutorial. I thought it would show up in Game Goods. Oh well, I still have the puzzle and will start sending it out manually.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait. Also I feel like buying a white colored handheld for the firs time. All my previous handhelds are black. Colors are getting repetitive for me.

Still waiting for Sony to collect my smashed Vita, let alone get my replacement. Have had 4 failed collections now and it's getting beyond a joke. Wouldn't mind but they have already taken the £144 replacement fee from my account.

Normally I am full of praise for Sony and their customer service, but this has been a horrendous experience.

29/8 Arranged collection at parents on 3rd September
30/8 Couriers arrive at parents (Vita not there yet)
30/8 Arrange with Sony for collection at home 31/8
31/8 Money taken from account
31/8 Couriers don't turn up, call Sony, no real reason for failure to show.
1/9 Receive card through door (no reference to Sony, just saying I have parcel to collect)
3/9 Receive another card through door (phone that night to arrange collection from depot on the 4/9)
4/9 Get to depot advised that this is actually for the Vita and I should have brought it along. (Before this point I had no idea DPD were the couriers and that they were involved)
4/9 Call Sony arrange collection from work for 5/9
5/9 Couriers don't turn up, call Sony apparently couriers had down as 6/9 collection.
6/9 Couriers don't turn up, claim that as they were coming earlier they tried to call me. Don't have access to mobile while in work, if they are coming earlier they don't need to let me know. Cancelled the delivery as I didn't respond.
6/9 Call Sony, arranged for collection on 8/9 before 12.
8/9 Couriers didn't turn up.
8/9 Call Sony, manager will call back 8/9-9/9

No call yet......

Still waiting for Sony to collect my smashed Vita, let alone get my replacement. Have had 4 failed collections now and it's getting beyond a joke. Wouldn't mind but they have already taken the £144 replacement fee from my account.

Normally I am full of praise for Sony and their customer service, but this has been a horrendous experience.

I had a bad customer service experience with them last month regarding my bought and paid for copy of Virtua Fighter 5: FS "expiring" because of a PS+ glitch error. First I emailed them with proof from my digital receipt that I bought it and they were like "lol no it's in your download list, you missed it you noob." Then I called and I sat on the phone with them for almost 30 minutes trying to explain to them the difference between DLC and Full Game in my download list (VF5 was removed from my download list so I couldn't re-download it to activate it). After a lot of back and forth, they denied my refund even after I showed proof of my receipt.

Ended up having to contact Sega for a voucher to finally be able to play the game again. I was furious.

Toxa

my psone collection sor far :
399586_4569450241334_710740326_n.jpg

f@luS

More than a member.
How is it to have 2 memory card? Same psn account but how does work. Does it switch ur xmb? Icons and apps are stock on the card or in some inside memory?

You haven't tried Pure Chess Vita then with mail play. One message per move the opponent makes. Lots of fun checking the messages on PS3 afterwards...

Jawmuncher

I approve.
You should grab at least the first Dino Crisis if you have all the Resident Evils.

Also did Sony ever fix the issue where something free for PS+ users cant be bought when it was on sale?
I remember the RE games were on sale and since I had PS+ I wasn't allowed to buy them on their sale price which pissed me off.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait. Also I feel like buying a white colored handheld for the firs time. All my previous handhelds are black. Colors are getting repetitive for me.

I had white PSP imho it looks better than black ones.

Ehh i wish i had that Miku LE but then again i play my PSV in public transport and it could be a bit embarassing :)

SHarris78

How do i play Zen Pinball 2 on my PS3 if i originally bought it for my Vita? I tried using content manager to copy it across, which it seemed to do correctly, but its not on my PS3 at all?

spats

Just realized I could bring over all my old Zen Pinball tables to my Vita version of Zen Pinball 2. I had just sort of forgotten I owned the damn thing. Pretty stoked now.

SHarris78

Go to the PS3 Store and look for Zen Pinball 2.

WHY didn't i do this first!!??

Spent all morning downloading what I NOW know to be the vita version from my download list on my PS3. After deleting them I copied it using content manager from my vita to my PS3, again this being the vita version it didn't work (plus i now can't find where on my PS3 the vita version saved to, so i can't delete it!). Currently downloading the correct version from the store!!

I'm new to Zen Pinball so i'm in no position to offer any table recommendations. All i DO know is people seem to dislike V12 the most, which is funny as its the table i've put most time into and really enjoy! Best to pick a table of your choice and learn it, rather than play a bit of each. I was surprised by the amount of stuff to do on each table, pretty confusing at first!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

They really should have separated actual messages from game stuff, it is quite annoying going bak and forth from the PS3 to Vita to find a bunch of messages.

G-Police seems to play quite well considering, the turning seemed to be crazy fast with the vita analogs till I set ten in the options. My other PS1 games are just the PS1 Final Fantasies.

I really hope Ridge Racer Type 4 is added in next weeks sale, hard to buy games not on sale when I have the physical version and on sale I could buy a whole other game for the money off, lol.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You'll definetly enjoy it.
Its basically resident evil but with dinosuars.
But with just enough to make it unique.

Shame the series isn't around these days, I'm kind of hoping Dinosaurs become the next Zombie craze, hell, why not both, riding dinosaurs killing zombies, I'd buy it.

Jawmuncher

Shame the series isn't around these days, I'm kind of hoping Dinosaurs become the next Zombie craze, hell, why not both, riding dinosaurs killing zombies, I'd buy it.

This so much.
I hope someday before I die this happens.
The last time Dinosaurs were popular was when Jurassic Park came out in 1993 :(

Rasec

@TurkishEmperor: Me can't send you a friend request.
Me wanted some project diva f friends T__T

Well, off i go to see if near and treasure park have finally something for me.

Vitacat

Has this been posted here yet?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...:+GamasutraNews+(Gamasutra+News)#.UEyOZJYg-Sp

"The issue that happened with PSP is we got overrun with ports," he explains to Gamasutra. "It became very difficult for us to define what made PSP unique. The content development became a bit unstructured or decentralized, in that we got a lot of content that was on PlayStation 2 and got thrown over to the handheld.
Koller believes Sony learned its lesson with that problem on PSP and is actively taking steps to avoid repeating that mistake on PS Vita. He says portable content "isn't something consumers play because they've left the living room. It's something that [needs to be] unique, and defines the Vita experience."

While I agree we all want more unique Vita-specific content, I also want ports of good games. For example, NFSMW looks amazing and we need a really good car racer. Also, something like a port of Tekken Tag 2 -- please, bring it on. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom